Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

best hostel ever...

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. Thank you for showing #GENLOVE. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

It was the coolest hostel I've ever been in my whole life, clean, good beds, big rooms... but I won't go there ever again. The experience as hostel was more than poor, I mean, I didn't have the feeling of staying in a hostel at all. For some people it can be good, but for me as a solo traveler didn't like it at all. If you don't want to stay at the bar, there aren't any more options to socialize. And it was way too far from the city center, but nothing I didn't know when I booked it.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. I have passed all your comments onto the relevant departments. We hopw to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

As other people commented before, it's a trendy hotel for the price of an hostel. Definitely the best hostel I visited in Europe. As in any hotel (because is an hotel that call itself hostel), also here you don't have the chance to interact much with the personnel. For the size of the place and the number of people they have to deal with there is little room for small talks. For the rest the place is amazing.

Great staff, awesome place to chill. The design of the place was really cool and for booking late we were given great rates! Would definitely stay there again.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the great staff and the design of the property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

In goatelsworls.com, a open kitchen is mentioned which actually don't exist...

big sardine box with hundreds and hundreds of beds. hot sticky rooms without windows,which was the worst! nice public chillout area. long way to bathrooms.

• 17th Feb 2015

was only there for the week, would not pay the asking price of €40/night for the weekend. Otherwise was very good, but about a 15 min walk from the centre of town.

• 16th Feb 2015

My friends and I have been there twice. Both time the rooms were pretty dirty (even found an empty soda can in my bed the second time). Also, don't go there if you are expecting to sleep early. They happen to play very loud music until late on some night.

the generator has such a sweet vibe, the staff are brilliant. I think this as good as a hostel gets even though there's no kitchen but that's not so bad.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the sweeet vibe and the staff during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

The Staff was not helpful and very rumpy

• 12th Feb 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comments. I appologise if the stafff was not helpful. I have passede this info onto the relevant departments. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Excellent customer services and very good atmosphere. Please improve the cleanliness in the toilets, thanks.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Philip the man in reception was very unacommadating he made check in very complicated,

“Thank you for your comments. Our colleague, Philip had brought your checkin to our attention and we are aware of the circumstances. We wish you the very best with your onward travel and would sincerely advise you to be aware of terms and conditions when booking accommodation, to ensure that your expectations are met.”

I had a great stay here, it's hard to believe that it's classified as a hostel considering how modern and impressive the facilities are. The hostel was attached to a bar and cafe which was convenient. I thought the hostel was a little bit far away from bars and nightclubs, but transport is easy to use and close by. I definitely recommend Generator Dublin.

Awesome hostel right next to the Jam eson Distillery! The atmosphere is great with the bar and live bands hoever it is still quiet enough upstairs in the dorms if you want to rest. We got upgraded to a 4 bed door which was nice. The only thing that the hostel needs is a kitche.n for guest to cook in. Would happily stay here again.

Nice stay. You should repare some of your toilets (almost impossible to flush)

• 8th Feb 2015

Dear, Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. I have passed your comments onto the relevant departments in regards to the toilets. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind regards

The Generators Hostel is very big and it almost has a hotel-like feeling. The facilities are great, and there is large entertainment areas on the ground floor. One thing that my friend and I were surprised about was the large age gap between the people staying at the hostel. We had a few women in our female dorm who appeared to be in their mid 40's. This isn't really a problem it just made it a bit awkward at times. The Generators isn't a party hostel

• 7th Feb 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Check-in was quick and easy, the 3 private room was very clean and well-presented. We had burgers from the bar on the ground floor and were pleasantly surprised - delicious! The hostel is conveniently located a short walk from the city centre and the Guinness storehouse, and I'd recommend the Cobblestone pub nearby for good pints and Traditional Irish music. All-in-all, a pleasant and enjoyable stay, and up there as the highest quality hostel I've stayed at. Would definitely recommend.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all the nice comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Its a very organised hostel. Big lounge, bar, common area, great atmosphere. Excellent choice to stay here. There are only 1 thing you have to notice, luggage storage is charged (S/M/L locker size x time)

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay ans review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the very well organised hostel during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

I really liked the quality and look of the room I stayed in for three nights In January. I slept in a 6-girl dorm room and my experience was great. The staff was friendly, I felt safe and did not question the safety of my belongings. The only suggestion I have for improvement is the wifi connection throughout the building could be made stronger.

The Hostel was great! It was cheap, clean and i felt very very secure. There was somebody from the security at the entrance and i felt great. There were some unpleasant people in the room and after having asked the staff they were very kind and upgraded me to a better room. Thanks for that a lot, i really appreciate that! As for the facilities, you don't really have a kitchen that you can use, but when i asked for a cup of hot water, i thankfully got one from the kitchen (for free)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7