Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

Great facilities but not as great for youth backpackers, seemed to be treated like a cheap hotel (many people 40+). Definitely large push to look hip and trendy. Workers great and have great advice. Overall not terrible.

• 20th May 2015

Beautiful hostel. Facilities are excellent. Power outlets at each bed. Fast wifi. Awesome common area and bar, although it's also open to the locals too. Not a bad thing, but you don't get that comfortable community feel that other hostels have. More like a hotel. Highly recommend their free daily walking tour and pub crawl - best ones I've been on by far. No kitchen, so you're stuck eating out. Stay in a room with an ensuite over shared washrooms - well worth the extra $.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

The rooms didn't have great ventilation, and could smell a little musty if your room is full, but overall the facilities are good; I really appreciated the computers for use on the ground floor which made it very easy to make future travel arrangements and plans.

• 20th May 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. I have passed your info onto the relevant departments in regards to your room. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. KInd Regards

The Paris Generator set a high bar. But I'm trying to be considerate to the fact that this hostel is a bit older a location. With that said it is a beautiful hostel in a great location. Rooms and bathrooms very clean and nice. Bar food was the best I've ever had. I'd definitely stay here again. Only note is to not waste your money (€7) using the laundry. They only have two washers and two dryers and the dryers do not dry (or get anywhere near dry) in one cycle.

Excellent hostel!

No facilities for eating own food (and no food allowed in rooms). This simply seems to be a way to get you to purchase food from their bar area - which was highly overpriced. Would have at minimum expected a seating area/dining room for consuming own food!

• 11th May 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We do not allow food to be brought into the property because we offer a wide range of food op[tions thru our cafe and bar bites menu daily. Kind Regards

Large hostel, located outside of the city center. Good partying. No breakfast included without extra charge - quite expensive. Not a good value for your money. Staff is friendly.

Dear Guest, Thnak you for your recent review and stay of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the freindly staff and good partrying during your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin.

This hostel was fantastic! Very modern, very hip, and very fun to stay at. The rooms are well equipped, with personal lockers for each occupant, big enough to hold a decent sized suitcase/backpack. Don't forget to bring a lock! Really nice bar downstairs, and the cafe serves a nice breakfast in the morning (extra charge). An easy distance to all of the major attractions, and also very close to an airport Airlink bus stop. Definitely would stay here again!

Toilets and Ladies showers not in my room not even on my floor. Breakfast not included and the ones offered expensive. Far from downtown. A couple of staff member snob and not smilling (espicially at front desk). My card would stop working and my stuff would be taking out of my room even if I was staying 3 nights in a row (miscommunication between front desk and cleaning staff). Security bof... one of my only two pair of pants went strangely missing while cleaning and without any roomates left.

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. I have passed your info onto the relevant departments in regards to the staff and your pants. We the rest of your stay was pleasent. Kind Regards

Staff was a little curt, very keen on taking your money. Overall, a very high-quality building, very secure with clean and modern rooms. But, like everything else in Dublin, I felt as though I was always falling victim to a tourist trap. Pub crawl was fun, but 5 euro to start, plus another 10 just to pitch in for beer. I would avoid that if possible. I was also charged twice for my stay, and I had to place an international call to remove the second charge from my card. Overall, a good stay.

Way better than its London counterpart. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere downstairs in the bar and lounge were great, as was the food. The women's bathroom on our floor was huge. Security was everywhere to make us feel safe. Location was okay.

Best hamburgers and chicken burgers you will find at the hostel cafe. Go to Cobblestones bar up the road for some great live music

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and the food. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Really nice place, lots of common areas. Good facilities.

• 3rd May 2015

Dear Guest, Thnak you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Generator hostel is great in general. Preety spacious and clean rooms,nice bathroom. Feels almost like a hotel. It is situated near Jameson distillery and is about 15 min walking distance from the city centre. Would recommend it definetelly.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Cool place with a lot happening. Would recommend if you are looking a good night out

Very good, I would certainly stay again. the place was very clean and bar/café was very good. the shower arrangements were odd though...

They fashion themselves as an almost-hotel and not a budget accommodation. Their prices skyrocket on the weekends, which is obnoxious given the number of people who travel for weeks/months and not just days. We don't really care what day of the week it is, we need a place to stay whether it's Tuesday or Saturday. Also breakfast is a confusing matter unless you have somehow ordered it ahead of time. It's cheaper to just go to a café or pub.

Only issue was no toilets on the entire second floor. Otherwise a good stay!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We do have toilets on the second floor. However we hope other that, you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to welcome you bnack on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

Great time there, no complaints whatsoever.

• 27th Apr 2015

It was really great! Awesome location, feels like a hotel made into a hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7