Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

Would be good to have a kitchen. Would be good to have at least a unisex toilet on each floor so you don't have to change floors

The Hostel was a really lovely place to stay, it was very modern and very well decorated. We really enjoyed the Acoustic Singers on the Tuesday evening. The Twin Private Room we stayed in was really nice, the only issues we had was with the room was that it was very hot in the room and it would have been nice to have some kind of air conditioning to keep the room cool, also there was only one pillow and a second one would be nice. Other than that the stay was great and the staff were all great.

• 21st Jul 2014

Everything you've come to expect from generator hostels! But the bar in this one is one of the best I think. Something to do every night, I highly recommend the pub crawl was a great time and everything was close enough you could pick a bar to go to for the next few nights if you wanted out of the hostel. Stay here you won't regret it.

Hostel is in a great location. You can get around on the tram very easily. The facilities are nice and there is a lot to do within the hostel. It can be load. But the atmosphere is great, friendly, and nice bar. The breakfast isnt worth the money. There is a market across the street and is much better value.

• 21st Jul 2014

The only let down was the rooms. Very hot and stuffy. But overall a great hostel.

Great place if you're on a budget.

• 18th Jul 2014

My only but is that the room was sooo hot! Who puts the heating in summer?

The Gereator Hostel is a young and hip hostel. Lots of twenty-something's with loud music and a 'club/restaurant' kind of vibe. It was clean and the wifi was strong. A very nice hostel, but obviously very different from traditional Ireland B

Easily the most visually impressive hostel I've ever seen. Gorgeous wood and brick, it looks even better than it does in the pictures. The room and bathroom were clean, there were outlets and lights for every bed, and a huge lockable locker for each person. Incredible. My only complain was the minuscule window in our room that barely let any air in, so the room was sweltering at night. Other rooms might be better, so I didn't take any points off for that. Would definitely stay here again.

I moved rooms from the 6 person dorm which was very hot and smelly, I think this is due to 1 very small window which opens less than 10cm. I moved to 10 person female dorm which was a stark contrast (room 506)! I would recomend staying here but definitely find out how many windows your room has before staying. Staff member with blue hair on the night shift who I was faced with was rude and sarcastic. All other staff were great!

• 15th Jul 2014

Good hostel- looks like the inside of urban outfitters, people were cool, accommodations were great, but a bit too big. Staff were anonymous and impersonal. I prefer to stay at a smaller place where I can know the staffs names and they're willing to sit down and help me learn about the city. Everyone was too busy.

I think is too expensive for meals or storage facility for the valuablesI think is very expensive for the meal or security

• 14th Jul 2014

We had a great "luxury suite" room which we got upgraded too. Great location. BUT my ENTIRE backpack got stolen while I was here. It was in the luggage room where they're were no available lockers to rent and as a result some man (on camera) just walked right in (since the room is not locked) and took my whole bag. The bar is fun but clearly they're are a lot of random people wandering in and out so I would not recommend leaving anything out anywhere.

The best hostel EVER!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Absolutely fantastic place! I've already booked to stay again. The description of it being like a hotel is very accurate - not at all like your average hostel. The whole unusual and unique feeling of the place is very refreshing when put up against other more traditonal places. The bar was always buzzing but you could never hear it from the room - you got the best of both worlds - nightlife and the ability to sleep. I will and have recommended the place to friends.

About a 10min walk from the city center, which was alright, but everything is very close to walk to in Dublin. There was no kitchen and you weren't aloud to bring in any of your own food.

I can honestly say this was the worst hostel experience of my life, purely bc the staff are so completely awful. The bar tenders were good, but can't make up for the rudeness of the front desk people. The facilities are also good, but with the poor location and the terrible staff, it was not a good experience at all. Not only do they not make any effort, but they are actually rude. Certainly not great value -Other hostels in Dublin cost 5€ for laundry service. Here it cost 7€ to do it yourself.

10am checkout time is too early!

• 9th Jul 2014

Room could have been cleaner. My grandson found a dirty pair of women's undergarment

• 8th Jul 2014

Dear Lieselotte, Thank you for your comments. I have passed your issue onto our househousekeeping departments and I will investigate that date. Again thank you for letting us know. Kind regards, Maureen Meegan - Operations Manager

Overall, I was unhappy with the staff and the location really isn't great, but the facilities are excellent. Not much of an atmosphere either.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5