Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

Value for money. 10/15mins walk into the heart of Dublin. 10mins to the guiness storehouse. Helped us with our bags when we arrived early which was v helpful. Friendly staff

Overall our stay was excellent!! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, we just had one minor complaint. We went to order food at 6:30pm the cook was there making 2 burgers, we stood there for over 15 minutes trying to order some burgers that we're highly recommended to us, but were just ignored. Another girl tried to order and she was ignored as well. We ended up having to go across the street to buy sandwiches. We did however get to enjoy the burgers another night with prompt service :)

• 18th Aug 2014

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They were always wiling to fix a reservation for us or to give us advice on good places to visit. The rooms were spacious even though we were in a 6 person dorm. The facilities and options of things to do at the hostel was unmatched. There was always something happening! I would love to stay here again and again!

• 18th Aug 2014

My only negative point is about the laundry facilities. You have to pay 7 euros at the front desk to use them you are given soap, a laudry machine coin and a dryer coin. You then go to the basement where you find out there are only 2 of each that also used by the staff to wash cleaning rags. I had to wait for about an hour before I could star my laudry. The bar was fun and had a lot of different beer on tap. As a solo traveler, the bar helped me meet people which was nice.

This place is awesome.

Place was great. A little dissapointed that my room was not ready until 3:30. Also,dissapointed that I paid for a private room and was put in a dorm room(although no one else stayed in it).

Great location within 5-10 mins walk of temple bar area which is where the action is. The hostel is located next to the Jameson brewery and the building is awesome. A nice bar and lounge area downstairs...big and spacious as! Great staff and great atmosphere. The rooms though, some of the beds has the springs jutting out. Power points at each bed.

For a youth hostel, the prices for food and drink should be better value for money. As a result my friend and I ate out for almost all meals during our 2 week stay. If your prices were cheaper, we would have spent a lot more money at your hostel as opposed to the surrounding restaurants/cafe's.

• 10th Aug 2014

I absolutely LOVED this hostel. It has a great atmosphere and lots of stuff always going on. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff is super helpful. I was amazed at how awesome the rooms are as well! Everyone gets two plugs and the beds are super comfy. Looking forward to staying at more of these!

Dear Barbara, Thanks for your lovely comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful. Definately check out one of our other European hostels for some more #Genlove. Kind regards Maureen Meegan Operations Manager

Generator is a stylish hostel. I really loved the bar and the common areas. Also the beds are great because each bed has a lamp and also a plug which is very usefull. What I didn´t like is their food policy. It is a hostel and majority of people who stay in hostels don´t eat in restaurants every day so it is wierd that eating your own food is forbidden in the hostel...

Very cool hostel! In my opinion only one disadvantage (location) should be mentioned. You need to spend 15-20 minutes to reach city center by foot, but everything else are on the top level!

The facilities great and the location is pretty good... but remember the place is a party hostel, downstairs they have bar where they play music quite loudly until late. If that's what you are looking for, this is a great place, otherwise, it's hard to have a good night sleep. was only disappointed with the lack of proper lockers for your valuables. They only have lockers under the bed, that seem easy to get into. But overall, the place is pretty good

No ventilation in rooms, staff not very welcoming, fairly clean but residents trashed some of it.

• 1st Aug 2014

It felt more like a hotel. I left there feeling like I wasn't welcome. I wasn't allowed to use the kitchen facilities, we had to pay for our lockers, the staff was alright but it didn't feel like I could talk to them freely like with other hotels. I didn't get that family feel from other hostels.

Perfect choice !

Very nice hostel with great designed lobby. There was a bar and a little restaurant and occasionally live music. BUT this hostel its definitly more a party location then a quite place to stay. Also the temperature in our room was to high and all in all it was very noisy.

• 28th Jul 2014

Great location

Dear Larry, Thanks for your comment about great location. Hope to see you back again in the future. Kind regards Maureen Meegan - Operations Manager

For me personally, the atmosphere wasn't great, even though there is the bar downstairs. I was disappointed there's no shared kitchen available which is usually where I meet people. No cooking possible if you travel on a budget. Location is okay-ish with 15 min walk to Temple bar and O'Connel St. Hostels closer to those places definitely have the better location. If you just want a clean place with comfy beds, good showers and power outlets, this is for you.

I had an okay stay at this hostel but it did very much have a hotel vibe. Also, nothing is included, and the lack of a kitchen or included breakfast did annoy me. However, my biggest annoyance was that the cleaners made a mistake one day and thought that I should have checked out that morning, and took all of my stuff away in garbage bags! I had to go and get it from housekeeping....was stressful. Otherwise, the hostel was well run (if a bit too strict) and extremely clean and secure.

• 25th Jul 2014

Was a 4 Star Hotel before the crash.. some place! :o)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6