Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

The common rooms were really great and with the pub and restaurant in the hostel it was nice for me as a lonesome traveler to meet others and hear their stories. The wash rooms were very clean, the rooms as well, and the lockers under the bed are very secure. It is only about ten 15 minutes to walk to temple bar area. And if your feet need a break it is only a stones throw from the luas tram. I am a young female and I felt perfectly safe walking around the area at night. Thanks for the stay.

Pros: great facilities and lots of space in the rooms. Bar and café on sight so easy to meet people. They had a comedy night on when I was there. Location isnt too far from the main sights. Easy to walk everywhere. Cons: Staff could be a bit more informative on reception when you check in. Took me ages to find the girls showers since annoyingly they are on a separate floor! You have to go in a lift or a flight of stairs to use showers depending on what floor you're on which is very odd!

Very clean and staff was most helpful - Really great value! One suggestion: make hair dryers available per request!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the helpful staff during your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublinl Kind Regards.

Great Hostel! Showers were amazing and the staff were excellent!

• 18th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel with a really cool vibe and awesome facilities

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the amazing hostel during your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

I had a pleasurable stay at the Generator hostel in Dublin. The staff was friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and accommodating, and the location was great. It is a large hostel, so this can be a bit overwhelming at first, but that means more people to meet and fun to be had.

Staff nice but not too helpful on check in - could have offered maps of the city as it was my first time and maybe pointed out a few things as I was there before check in. Said nothing when I checked in just gave the key and told what floor, didn't explain anything about the hostel ie male toilets are on a separate floor, breakfast included? and cinema room?Tell me the cool things of what's going on!! Espec st pats day! Still a cool and very clean hostel but maybe too much of of a hotel vibe.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, but the communal areas are really nice and made it easier to meet people. The location is a bit out of the way, but the Dublin city centre is small so it really wasn't an issue. Bathrooms were very clean.

Awesome hostel to stay at! Great staff very helpful. Great Cafe and commons area to hangout and talk. Would definitely stay at again!

• 14th Mar 2015

Great new place to stay in Dublin. A bit out of the city center and Temple Bar but convenient to the Luas tram and located in a newly developed area with lots of potential near the old Jameson whiskey distillery. Good facilities and very clean. Rooms had underbed lockers which I believe all hostels should have. The bathroom and shower were excellent. There's no baggage room though just expensive rental lockers. It was expensive but close to St Patrick's Day all of Dublin is totally overpriced.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Generator that you stayed at. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

The common areas are vast and very crowded in the evenings. It is quite hard to find some peace and quiet outside your own room. So if that's what you're looking for, go look somewhere else.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. The commen area's can be noisy at times as we have events on daily for our guest to enjoy. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

It is a very large hostel that always seems to be crowded. The facilities are great. However even though there are vast common areas it is quite hard to find a quiet and peaceful place outside of your room. Just depends what you are looking for.

It's 100€ for a bunk bed on st. Paddys day but other that things are great here

Highly recommend the Generator! Extremely clean which is awesome and was cheap for us. Was a bit sad they made us throw out our full pizza that we brought to eat but I guess that makes sense since they sell their own food. Highly recommend it! :)

Absolutely fantastic!! Would definitely stay here again! Really couldn't have asked for anything better, and Smithfield is really nice. Has everything you need!

Huge hostel with nice staff the a huge common area and a bar also attended by local people, which makes a nice atmosphere. The location is not the best (no turistic spots nearby, except Jameson Destillery) but there is a tram station just front of, which makes the task to go to the city center very easy (or 15 minutes walk if you prefer) .

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the nice staff and the huge common area during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

I haven't stayed in a hostel setting like this in years. Needless to say, at 33, I felt a little old to be staying in place that felt very young. I probably would've loved it 10 years ago on my backpacking trip. That being said, the top bunk I was assigned was actually very comfy. The bar was fun even though the live music wasn't my style. The staff were all amazing & the lounging areas throughout the hostel were great too. the luggage lock up was also a great feature. I would def stay again.

This hostel felt a lot more like a hotel, although I was with friends so it didn't matter so much, although wouldn't recommend for a solo traveller. Facilities were clean until the morning, when the toilets and bathroom were pretty gross. The beds and lockers are really nice, and individual reading lights and power points in each bed is great! Location however is a down side, I would have preferred to have been closer to the centre of action.

The Hostel was very clean, with great facilities. Good vibes too...

• 6th Mar 2015

This hostel was in the perfect location to walk to all of the tourist areas in Dublin. I never had to pay for public transport anywhere. The room was large and the lockers provided were the biggest at any hostel I've been to. I'd definitely stay here again!

• 5th Mar 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the perfect location during your stay. Thank you for all the nice comments. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Dublin. Kind Regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7