Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel in a wonderful location! The staff were very friendly and flexible with changes I had to make at the last minute. The room and ensuite bathroom were clean and tidy.

• 23rd Sep 2014

The hostel was AMAZING! It had an awesome vibe and everything was really trendy and new. They had everything you could possibly need from a hostel. It was super close to a supermarket (which was a bit pricey) and not too far from the city (about a 15 minute walk). We stayed in a 6 person dorm with private ensuite and it was perfect. The only negatives was that our window faced out to the bar so our room was quite noisy and as it is a larger hostel the hallways were quite busy and got pretty loud

• 16th Sep 2014

Don't fall into the generator trap of never leaving the hostel and seeing the city.

Great hostel! Central location, good bar/cafe and funky decor. Only things missing were a kitchen and a lounge/sofa area to just chill out and read a book. Otherwise, would definitely recommend!

Nice hostel, decent location though a bit of a walk to Temple Bar. Beds were quite old and pillows were hard so bring your own if you're fussy

Everything was very clean and new. We stayed in a private room, the beds were comfortable and the room was spacious, had plenty of sockets, mirrors and all that jazz that some hostels don't have. The location is good, away from the noise of the nightlife and a nice walk down the river, but close to transport for those who don't want to walk. The staff are friendly. We didn't spend much time downstairs but it looked nice and lively. Stayed here on two separate occasions, would go back.

Clean, friendly, safe, good location. We had 4 family members in our shared room, worked out very well. Bathrooms were clean, great showers, lots of water pressure and heat. Nice to have the Bar-DJ right in the hostel. Food served was great. Overall a very nice experience in Dublin.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Where is the kitchen??? Its was very bad

Wifi is great and in your rooms, there isn't female showers on the second floor which is a bit of a pain but I just used the male ones, this hostel is quite big and I wouldn't recommend it if you are a solo traveller, also it isn't really close to the nightlife

bathrooms definitely need a shelf near the sink and a shelf in the shower, as well as better ventilation in the bathrooms because mold is growing on the ceiling and walls. gross! otherwise was a very clean and well-designed hostel; i appreciated the individual outlets and lights in each bed.

• 25th Aug 2014

Value for money. 10/15mins walk into the heart of Dublin. 10mins to the guiness storehouse. Helped us with our bags when we arrived early which was v helpful. Friendly staff

Overall our stay was excellent!! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, we just had one minor complaint. We went to order food at 6:30pm the cook was there making 2 burgers, we stood there for over 15 minutes trying to order some burgers that we're highly recommended to us, but were just ignored. Another girl tried to order and she was ignored as well. We ended up having to go across the street to buy sandwiches. We did however get to enjoy the burgers another night with prompt service :)

• 18th Aug 2014

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They were always wiling to fix a reservation for us or to give us advice on good places to visit. The rooms were spacious even though we were in a 6 person dorm. The facilities and options of things to do at the hostel was unmatched. There was always something happening! I would love to stay here again and again!

• 18th Aug 2014

My only negative point is about the laundry facilities. You have to pay 7 euros at the front desk to use them you are given soap, a laudry machine coin and a dryer coin. You then go to the basement where you find out there are only 2 of each that also used by the staff to wash cleaning rags. I had to wait for about an hour before I could star my laudry. The bar was fun and had a lot of different beer on tap. As a solo traveler, the bar helped me meet people which was nice.

This place is awesome.

I only stayed here for a night so I cannot give a full, in-depth review, yet the bar was very lively and the main area was very modern and chill. The area surrounding the hostel was not exciting, yet it was about a 15 minute walk to the main areas. Definitely would recommend. I wish I had more time to meet people in their bar/lounge.

Place was great. A little dissapointed that my room was not ready until 3:30. Also,dissapointed that I paid for a private room and was put in a dorm room(although no one else stayed in it).

Great location within 5-10 mins walk of temple bar area which is where the action is. The hostel is located next to the Jameson brewery and the building is awesome. A nice bar and lounge area downstairs...big and spacious as! Great staff and great atmosphere. The rooms though, some of the beds has the springs jutting out. Power points at each bed.

For a youth hostel, the prices for food and drink should be better value for money. As a result my friend and I ate out for almost all meals during our 2 week stay. If your prices were cheaper, we would have spent a lot more money at your hostel as opposed to the surrounding restaurants/cafe's.

• 10th Aug 2014

I absolutely LOVED this hostel. It has a great atmosphere and lots of stuff always going on. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff is super helpful. I was amazed at how awesome the rooms are as well! Everyone gets two plugs and the beds are super comfy. Looking forward to staying at more of these!

Dear Barbara, Thanks for your lovely comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful. Definately check out one of our other European hostels for some more #Genlove. Kind regards Maureen Meegan Operations Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6