Generator Hostel Dublin Reviews

Smithfield Square, Dublin 7, Dublin, Ireland

Great place if you're on a budget.

• 18th Jul 2014

Easily the most visually impressive hostel I've ever seen. Gorgeous wood and brick, it looks even better than it does in the pictures. The room and bathroom were clean, there were outlets and lights for every bed, and a huge lockable locker for each person. Incredible. My only complain was the minuscule window in our room that barely let any air in, so the room was sweltering at night. Other rooms might be better, so I didn't take any points off for that. Would definitely stay here again.

I moved rooms from the 6 person dorm which was very hot and smelly, I think this is due to 1 very small window which opens less than 10cm. I moved to 10 person female dorm which was a stark contrast (room 506)! I would recomend staying here but definitely find out how many windows your room has before staying. Staff member with blue hair on the night shift who I was faced with was rude and sarcastic. All other staff were great!

• 15th Jul 2014

I think is too expensive for meals or storage facility for the valuablesI think is very expensive for the meal or security

• 14th Jul 2014

We had a great "luxury suite" room which we got upgraded too. Great location. BUT my ENTIRE backpack got stolen while I was here. It was in the luggage room where they're were no available lockers to rent and as a result some man (on camera) just walked right in (since the room is not locked) and took my whole bag. The bar is fun but clearly they're are a lot of random people wandering in and out so I would not recommend leaving anything out anywhere.

The best hostel EVER!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Absolutely fantastic place! I've already booked to stay again. The description of it being like a hotel is very accurate - not at all like your average hostel. The whole unusual and unique feeling of the place is very refreshing when put up against other more traditonal places. The bar was always buzzing but you could never hear it from the room - you got the best of both worlds - nightlife and the ability to sleep. I will and have recommended the place to friends.

About a 10min walk from the city center, which was alright, but everything is very close to walk to in Dublin. There was no kitchen and you weren't aloud to bring in any of your own food.

I can honestly say this was the worst hostel experience of my life, purely bc the staff are so completely awful. The bar tenders were good, but can't make up for the rudeness of the front desk people. The facilities are also good, but with the poor location and the terrible staff, it was not a good experience at all. Not only do they not make any effort, but they are actually rude. Certainly not great value -Other hostels in Dublin cost 5€ for laundry service. Here it cost 7€ to do it yourself.

10am checkout time is too early!

• 9th Jul 2014

Room could have been cleaner. My grandson found a dirty pair of women's undergarment

• 8th Jul 2014

Dear Lieselotte, Thank you for your comments. I have passed your issue onto our househousekeeping departments and I will investigate that date. Again thank you for letting us know. Kind regards, Maureen Meegan - Operations Manager

Overall, I was unhappy with the staff and the location really isn't great, but the facilities are excellent. Not much of an atmosphere either.

Great place, can't be any better than this

• 3rd Jul 2014

The Generator was really great. It was safe, the environment was really cool. I wish we could have stayed longer. We stayed on a week night so it was significantly cheaper than it would be on a weekend but it was well worth the money and a great stay all around.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Generating brilliance in Dublin's Generator!!...love it!! last minute booking, no regrets!! #Dublin's beautiful in so many ways :-)

• 2nd Jul 2014

As a solo traveler, this was a great hostel to be in. A big hostel with a bar in the lobby was great for meeting all kinds of people. It was also centrally located to everything in Dublin and easily accessible to public transport. It was easy to walk everywhere too. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. My favorite hostel in Ireland.

Its first impression is very fashion and modern, however, the bed I was sleeping in made a lot of noise, every time when we turn, me in the bottom bed, and one girl in the top, the bed was screaming!!!! Their is no homily atmosphere and the boy and girl in the reception is not approaching, some roommate said they were so rude to them, i find it ok but it feeling welcome The location is very far from downtown, a long walk for someone doesn't like the trim and bus but prefer walking.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was a really good price for such a nice and clean hostel. Definitely would go back. Only downside is the fact they make you pay for the lockers if you arrive before check in time and want to store your bags.

Bathrooms were on a separate floor. There were people smoking and drinking in the room, which made it smelly and sticky. Woken at 2am by security telling one person to move beds because the new roommate couldn't possible sleep in the free bed. Good location and facilities, but the people it draws are big partiers and don't have much consideration for others. Also, no kitchen and the times they say food is available at the hostel bar and cafe weren't true. Not happy I couldn't get my pizza!

Great style and atmosphere! And the staff was super helpful and kind.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5