Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

Fantastic location, easy to get to from the central station. Great lobbies and central areas, although rooms are quite cramped and prefabricated. Wifi is good.

I really liked the stay! The hostel is modern and comfortable:)

• 6th Apr 2014

Bathroom door lock was broken. Otherwise it was a good place to stay :)

• 27th Mar 2014

Very modern and enjoyable hostel at good location

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

close to the train station, and all facilities and rooms are new and modern. Staff were ok. Unfortunately it seems I stayed at a time when the place was full of German school students making it very hard to meet people my age. Also I ended up sharing a room with the loudest snorer I have ever heard who would fall a sleep at 3pm and snore until 6 am when he woke up turned on all the lights, open the curtains and made lots of noise. Not the hostels fault but made for an unpleasant experience

the place is really near the main train station. and it is quiet even it is so closed to the main streets. the only disappointing thing is the bathroom is very small.

The rooms are so small and the bathroom is similar to airplane's wc

The place was super clean ! Showers were a little small: IF YOU ARE A FEMALE, there was almost no other girls. The hostel was comprised of 30-year-old British men. If that is your scene then that is awesome. If not, stay somewhere else!!!!

A nice enough modern hostel. Only really marked down because (as everywhere seems to) it attracts a stag-do crowd at weekends which might not be what you are looking for. Also felt a bit expensive, but then I guess that's the supply and demand effect of the aforementioned stag-dos.... Not actually a fan of on suites (they tend ot get very busy) but there were separate communal facilities as well

The hostel was everything I have come to expect of Generator hostels - exceptionally clean, modern, in a great location and with great facilities. However, the girl at the front desk was extremely rude and ignored me for a good minute when I got to the desk. She did not say anything and her face was like thunder...it must have been a long day but a smile goes a long way!

Beware of the super tiny prefabricated bathroom/WC.

This was a really nice hostel , great value for money. My only issue is because it is so nice the bar and breakfast are kinda expensive

Great location, very close to the main train and bus stations as well as to the city center. Clean place, free wifi. Brekfast is charged apart. It would be nice if the staff gave more tips about the city and also about the hostel, for instance, there was a common bathroom in each floor besides ofthe bathroom inside the room, but we only found out when other travelers advised us. Totally recommend!

Staff can be a bit abrupt at times. Bathrooms and showers are more or less the size of an airplane toilet. Great location, right beside the hbf. Would probably stay again.

The Generator is located right at Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, it's really nice to stay somewhere central. The bathroom was tiny and the breakfast (additional 5,50€) was not worth the money, but the room was good, staff was really nice and helpful.

For a huge hostel, it wasn't so terrible, but it did remind me how much I hate huge hostels. I felt like I was nickeled and dimed for everything (6 Euro to BUY a towel is your only option). I had some issues with my room, and the staff did help me out and switch me, but they were never very friendly and did everything with a slight eye roll, so I was not impressed. The rooms were good quality, but after my arrival the room was never cleaned in the next 6 days and got pretty gross.

The rooms were just amazing :) The night auditor and the security were verry friendly and patient...( the taned Receptionist himself ^^) We really had a good time thx for all :)

• 15th Feb 2014

Huge hostel... Looks like as a hotel. Great location... Atmosphere and staff: poor. In addition I think that they need more security and more control about the guest. I'm sure that they have lot of outsiders using the installations of the hostel even sleeping in the rooms... Creepy!

Great location!

The location is great, next to the Hauptbahnhof, U-Bahn, S-Bahn and so on. Some footsteps from the Mönckebergstrasse through which you get to the Binnenalster, Rathaus and other interesting places. The lounges, bar etc. looks very nice and is a great place to chill out and have a chat with other guests. Staff was always friendly and helpful. We stayed in a female dorm with 6 beds. There is enough space around the beds to put your stuff. Toilet and shower in the room a little bit small but ok.

• 10th Feb 2014