Generator Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Steinorplatz 3, Hamburg, Germany

For a huge hostel, it wasn't so terrible, but it did remind me how much I hate huge hostels. I felt like I was nickeled and dimed for everything (6 Euro to BUY a towel is your only option). I had some issues with my room, and the staff did help me out and switch me, but they were never very friendly and did everything with a slight eye roll, so I was not impressed. The rooms were good quality, but after my arrival the room was never cleaned in the next 6 days and got pretty gross.

The rooms were just amazing :) The night auditor and the security were verry friendly and patient...( the taned Receptionist himself ^^) We really had a good time thx for all :)

• 15th Feb 2014

Huge hostel... Looks like as a hotel. Great location... Atmosphere and staff: poor. In addition I think that they need more security and more control about the guest. I'm sure that they have lot of outsiders using the installations of the hostel even sleeping in the rooms... Creepy!

Great location!

The location is great, next to the Hauptbahnhof, U-Bahn, S-Bahn and so on. Some footsteps from the Mönckebergstrasse through which you get to the Binnenalster, Rathaus and other interesting places. The lounges, bar etc. looks very nice and is a great place to chill out and have a chat with other guests. Staff was always friendly and helpful. We stayed in a female dorm with 6 beds. There is enough space around the beds to put your stuff. Toilet and shower in the room a little bit small but ok.

• 10th Feb 2014

Small bathroom.toillet

This may be a hostel but it's better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in.

• 6th Feb 2014

well run, and very freindly

• 6th Feb 2014

Bathroom is too small, even I am a thin and short girl that I still felt the space is not enough.

I really enjoyed my stay at the generator. There are lockers under the bed that you can lock, so your stuff stays safe and by each bed is a plug for your charger and a USB connection and a light! I thought the ensuite bathroom was perfectly clean - I noticed other comments on here that said otherwise, but it was cleaned everyday. Yes if everyone has a shower in the morning and you are the last it's not going to be squeaky clean any more but that's what happens. The beds were really comfy too!

• 2nd Feb 2014

Very convenient place, next to the train station. Staff was alright. They have a big common room/bar, good for groups but I didn't find it was good to meet people. The big disappointment was the shower, way too small, even for a thin person... Also, got a fire alarm on the last night, might not be their fault though...

Clean and in a superb location across from the HBF, also the hostel has a bar and great areas with potential BUT unfortunately this is let down by the staff there! Certain male members of staff are just plain rude, I witnessed this a few times and also experienced it personally when I arrived for breakfast (I was told this was included in the price) and the staff looking after breakfast wouldn't serve me, claiming they couldn't speak English when I queried them why! Will not use Generator again!

• 24th Jan 2014

the door seculety man very kindly help,desk service good

coole ambient,

Good location. Nice looking hostel. Bathrooms and showers in rooms are in tight area.

decent place.

I recommend it. It's a clean, nice, well-located hostel. Even if staff is a bit dry, whenever I had questions, they provided answers. Met nice people. Room was clean, there were lockers under the beds. Linen was clean, room was warm. Ensuite facilities are a bit short of space, and sometimes not excellently clean. But it's a dorm and other people might have made it dirty.

Showers in the rooms were cold, and the fact that you have to buy a towel for 6 euro is annoying and expensive for back packers travelling around. You should be able to hire them at the least.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Great stay, went solo and met some awesome people. Great location, great city!

• 3rd Jan 2014

great location (15 min walk from the touristic things and just next to the main train station), very clean, wifi in the bedrooms, plugs and light in all beds, very safe. i would definitely come back!!!