Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Location is cool. Atmosphere is great! Bathrooms are suspect and the shower situation is like right out of a high school locker room. Some of the staff aren't so proficient in English which surprised me. Not enough outlets in the room.

It was an excellent location for central London. 5 min walk to Russell Square Station & local shops. I stayed in a 4 bed and the space was okay but there was only one plug socket per person which is a problem if you have laptops and Phones that need charging. It was very clean, well maintained. Food was expensive for a hostel. The bathrooms weren't nice and always smelt of poop. It wasn't nice to shower in there with that and was unbearable at times. Their 1 small life for the entire hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Generator has always been a good choice for comfortable beds and social atmosphere and they've all been different. There's always people down at the bar to meet and music every night. Short walk to a tube station. Shout out to the Brazilian receptionist who was very helpful. 3rd floor bathroom was always wet though.

Excellent in every way!

The hostel was in a great location but aside from that facilities were not good. Most of the showers were cold and you had to leave your belongings outside of the shower so they could of been stolen. There was no bedside lamps or power points and the room keys stopped working the day before we left. All of the toilets on our level were cleaned at about 10:30am which is such a bad time and so were those on surrounding levels so we had to go a long way to find a toilet to use

Only 1 double power point in 13 bed dorm. no sleep as a staff member came in several times through the night (loudly) to hook up with a guest. Very loudly.

• 24th Jan 2016

Great building and atmosphere. Loved the range of social areas and security was great.

The hostel is in an ideal location and has really great facilities. Everything is new, clean and works well. The place is huge and although it has good common areas it didn't feel homely. I thought the food was expensive and they charge for storing bags too.

Hi there! It is great to hear from you and super that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your thoughts regarding the food and common areas, these will be shared with our management team at the hostel. Best wishes from the team at Generator London.

The location is really fantastic. You can walk to the river, LSE, UCL, Oxford Circus, SoHo, Piccadilly Circus. Really close to the Tube. The bathroom on my floor was really terrible — the toilets were gross and the showers were straight out of a high school gym change room. I used the toilets on the main floor and they were better. Nice lockers. Charge for breakfast (super annoying). I'd stay again mostly because you can't find a better location.

Hi there, thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping and maintenance departments, hopefully we can see you again. Best wishes from the team at Generator London.

The only issue I can complain it is the price of the food at the bar. Even not being expensive, it could be more adecuated to the budget of people who stay in this sort of accommodation. Moreover, but just my opinion, the music was so loud in common areas.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Spain

The rest of the hostel was clean but our room was a dump. Dirty towels every where and old mouldy food everywhere. It was gross.

Hello, we are extremely disappointed to read your comments. Please rest assured that this is not the level of cleanliness that we expect and will be forwarding your comments to our housekeeping manager. Please accept our sincere apologies – Generator London.

1. Must Pay 5 pounds for a towel. 2. No Safe's in room 3. Requested an all female 14 bed Room, was given a 4 bed room, thinking we had been upgraded, then a male walked in. I went down to the front desk, showed my reservation, thinking he would move the male out of the room, instead they asked us 3 females who had been in there since 2pm to move. And that "he was sorry but there was nothing else they could do". Our only options were to deal with it, or move. He did include crappy breakfast tho

• 1st Jan 2016

Hello, it is very disappointing to read that you had found some issues during your stay. All you comments will be shared with our team here in London, we do apologise with the inconvenience in regards to your room. If you would like to discuss this or anything else further please feel free to contact us directly at the hostel – Generator London.

Coming from the hostel world my self, managing hostels throughout New Zealand I always have a little bit of an expectation. But the generator blew all of them away! Great staff, great venue just a great place to be! Will be fully recommending this to my fellow travellers and I hope I can use the other venues you have across Europe soon.

Good Hostel, however our room wasn't cleaned upon arrival and the dryers were not working properly. Other than that it was a good stay

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. we do apologise for the inconvenience when you first arrived and hope this was corrected for you quickly. Hopefully we can welcome you back again, all the best from the team at Generator London.

Wow what a great experience I never thought I would meet some many different & awesome people on New Year's Eve in this hostel, the staff were also great and very friendly throughout my stay. I stayed in a 4 man dorm which had a handy lockable draw, the only slight downfall of this hostel was the hot water/ power incosistency of the showers on the second floor and how far they were from my dorm but that's me being picky. Overall a great stay, thumbs up :)

Hello! Thank you for your lovely words, our staff work tirelessly to help create a memorable stay for our guests and it is great that they were able to do this for you. Thank you for your comments regarding the showers, these will be passed onto our maintenance team. Hope to see you again soon! Best wishes from the team at Generator London.

Booked for New Year's Eve and don't regret a bit. Had a great time , especially at the New Year's Eve party. The only thing I can complain is that the smoking area has no shelter so basically I had to sit and smoke in rain most of the time which was quite annoying. Other than that everything was perfect! Will definitely book again.

HI! It is wonderful to hear from you and fantastic that you enjoyed your time with us for New Years Eve! We look forward to welcoming you back again. Best wishes from the team at Generator London.

Toilets and showers need manteinance. Come on, spent a few pounds on repairing them, and you will become a 10/10 hostel.

Hi, thank you for your feedback and comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and will be sharing your comments with our maintenance department. All the best from the team at Generator London.

I've stayed in this hostel in the past, location is excellent and the hostel has a good atmosphere. Guadalupe in reception was particularly helpful and very friendly. Negative points: they seemed to have recently got rid of hair dryers which is pretty inconvenient. Thought they may have a few spare ones to lend you or even give you the option to buy one but no. Considering is winter and people in general prefer to travel light, they should provide something.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your Generator experience with us. Your comments have been shared with Guadalupe who was thrilled she was able to help you. We do take onboard all feedback and are currently looking at the hairdryer situation. Hopefully we can see you again soon. All the best from the team at Generator London.

Overall it was a good stay, only 1 night. Unfortunately we were in a room with very loud girls blow drying their hair after midnight. With no official lights out policy there was nothing to be done. We ordered dinner there, ended up meeting some great people and having some fun but the food took an extremely long time to arrive and was not very good.

Hi, we are so glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately it can sometimes be a bit hard to monitor when guests are being disturbed by noise in their rooms but we do try to do anything possible to make your stay a comfortable one. Your experience with dinner service will be passed onto our food and beverage manager. Hope to see you again, take care – Generator London.

Only stayed one night. Common areas and hangout spots were probably the coolest of any hostel I've stayed in yet. Room was smaller than any I've stayed in though. Great for the money. Would recommend. Only a few blocks from kings cross/St pancras.

Hello, it is fantastic to hear from you. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our common areas and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we can see you back again soon. Best wishes from the team at Generator London.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6