Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

all of the toilets in the girls bathroom on the 4th floor were clogged my entire stay and would be helpful if there was an area by each shower to put our dry clothes so they don't get wet. otherwise awesome hostel!

Very nice hostel with a great area to chill out, including a bar with DJ, snooker, etc.

Therebare no plugs in the beds, the baths are disgusting and the rooms are not very clean. The bar has a terrible staff and is really overpriced, the breakfast (not included) in aweful

Security was way too strict

Nice and modern , Very pleasant staff at reception, Little bit hard to find down alley .

• 10th Jan 2015

It's not a bad place. It's just that the room was so insanely hot that it was completely impossible to sleep. I finally gave up at around 03:00, and went down to the reception to make them turn off the oven, and they did. But since it had laden so ridiculously hot, it took a couple of hours for the room to reach a sleepable temperature (I actually burned my hand on the radiator trying to turn it down (which you can't), that's how insanely hot it was). Sleepless night? This is the place.

hello, You organize every day activities but nobody showed me around the site or explain the different activities offered, but you told me that I need you'd be. I looked for a long time my room, and it is a traveler who helped me because I was lost.

Hostel has lots going on in it and if you are of a lazy disposition, you may find yourself giving in and spending all day here. It is a vibrant colourful place with lot's on offer - a bar with entertainment every evening, a restaurant with a selection of great meals, a chill-out lounge, and a cinema. The location is in an excellent area of central London - you can take a great 30 minute walk to Leicester Square as I did on a couple of occasions. As there is no free breakfast, and no cooking faci

Good place to stay in london

Great hostel! My only complaint would be that sometimes the bathrooms were a bit dirty. It is otherwise quite nice and close to the underground. Make sure to bring a small lock since the space to put your lock in the lockers is pretty small (I had to buy a new lock from the hostel). Also, even though it says on this website that they have towels for hire, this is not true; you have to purchase them for £4.

Pretty good location quite close to tube stops. Atmosphere is great with a bar downstairs and overall it's a really nice hostel with big comfy beds. My only criticism is that the generator could do with a bit more infrastructure- was very disappointed that there was only 4 toilets/showers on each level when there were a LOT of rooms, and just little thins like not enough powerpoints for everyone and no lights on the bunks. Staff were very knowledgable and super helpful, overall a great stay :)

This is one of the nicest hostels I've been to... very cool styling, great location and superb value for money. Was only there for a day but would love to come back for more.

Very large hostel, in a good location. The bar area was busy on a Tuesday night, and they had a nice lounge area with movies showing. I would stay again! Con: They charge a lot for locker rentals, towels, etc. bring your own supplies.

Hello! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It’s always great to hear from our guests after there stays with us. I hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Executive

we didnt like the showers but besides that nice place to stay for young people :)

Hi there, Firstly can I thank you for taking some time to share your Generator experience after your recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion with our shower facilities. I understand they can get busy during peak times which is why we have a 24/7 housekeeping team to keep all our facilities at the highest possible stand. I hope we will be seeing you again soon. Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Executive

We stayed in a room for 4. The room was a tight squeeze, but clean. The bathroom showers drained entirely too slow and the toliets wouldn't flush on the first flush! The security team, was amazing and the most helpful and friendly. The front desk folks were cool too, but the bar staff and space could use some updating. The lounge areas were great too! The laundry room was awful! Only four washers and four dryers; it took four hours to dry one load, because you only got 10 minutes per 1£.

Excellent hostel. The price for the rooms is really good for the location, but this means they do try to get their money back by charging over the odds for extras e.g £4 to hire a towel and over-priced vending machines / bar. Aim to be largely self sufficient or walk round the corner to the shop if you need anything but otherwise it's excellent. Also, the room was way too hot and the heating is only controlled from reception, although they will turn it off if you ask.

It was good...but because the hostel itself is so big, there are gaping holes in the way the hostel is run. Simply put if you're travelling alone and wanting to meet people, the bar allows for that but does not create an environment where it is easy to meet people. They have a cinema which was really cool and daily airs movies. Super clean and sanitized hostel. The staff was hit or miss, seriously, the lady who checked me in gave me no information whatsoever other than the location of my room.

Incredible hostel in the heart of London! Best location since all central stations and places are in a walkable distance but way too easy to get the tube and travel anywhere. Extremely secured, in a point that you feel it's more than necessary, while the rooms and facilities are perfect for a hostel. Anything you need to spend traveling holidays is provided and dorms are the best way to socialise and have fun. Rooms are comfy and pretty spacious while toilets are very clean and easily accessible

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Hi! Thanks for your awesome review! It's great to hear that we have made a memorable stay for you while you were with us and I have passed on your great feedback to the whole team here in London. See you again in 2015! Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Decent Hostel. Very busy, always people around. Downside as mentioned in other reviews is showers. They have no where to put clothes when showering, and the one I chose didn't have hot water. Also you have today £4.50 for breakfast, it's quite pricy.

• 15th Dec 2014

Hello! Thanks for sharing your Generator experience with us after your recent stay. I hope you will return to Generator London again in 2015! For now big #genlove from us. See ya! Nate - Guest relations Executive

Hostel was in a great location but the rooms were tiny. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and two people couldn't have their lockers open at the one time. Also there was no power point near your bed and only 4 per room which made it difficult to charge your phone. Unlimited free wifi was great and hostel was in walking distance to everything. As a female travelling alone I felt safe in this area at night.

Hello! Thanks for your comments after your stay with us at Generator London. I will be passing these along to the team here to help improve the service we offer. We hope to see you again in 2015! See ya, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5