Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

The Generator was located just blocks away from tube station. There were several pubs and cafes all around the hostel. Kings Cross train/tube station is also just a short walk away. It was clean and very cool. The showers were hot and had decent water pressure. The beds were comfortable and the lockers under the beds were super handy! We enjoyed our short stay there and will definitely be staying at the other Generators in the future.

• 18th Nov 2014

Lovely place. The staff cares a lot about everything. I raccomend it!

The rooms are like being in a sardine tin. The shower stalls all drain to the centre of the bathroom and there's no shelves at all (even soap holders), so good luck finding somewhere to place your things without them getting wet. The place is so busy it's like an airport terminal and you get charged for pretty much everything. It is freshly painted though and there are lots of common facilities, but next time I'll look elsewhere.

• 16th Nov 2014

Excellent hostel, kind of party profile with bar and lounge although rooms area are quiet. Worst attendance from the guys in the bar. Excellent receptionists. Laundry service, but infortunately no kitchen, even a microwave.

A very good hostel with friendly staff. Good location. The bar seems fun and there are nice common rooms. The only minor complaints are the cost for the luggage storage (most hostels I have been to do this for free - although I suppose by paying for it, your luggage certainly more secure). My lock also did not fit on the locker in the room - one has to have a smaller lock for that.

I walked into the place asking if they had a bed available for the night and was very rudely told NO. To my surprise, when I've tried to make the booking online while I was still standing at the reception, the system allowed me to do it and that is how. I've managed to spend the night there. The place is nice and clean and the beds are very confortable. The only problem on my opinion was the lack of personal light as well as power plugs in each bed. I would def stay there again.

Huge hostel with an excellent location, a 5 minutes walk away from King's Cross. Supermarket and some small cafes are also nearby. The hostel is guarded by security at night, so keep your room pass with you! Rooms are small but clean, the furniture is up-to-date and it is quiet (if nobody snores). Outside the rooms it can get noisy because the bar downstairs plays music all day and night. If you are into cozy family-type hostels, this one is not for you. Otherwise, it's perfect!

This hostel was more like a hotel. Very colourful and fun. Dorm was good with decent sized lockers. Security guard was nice. Definitely recommend this Generator, I'll be back at the end of the month for sure.

Hey there, Thank you for your fantastic feedback and valued suggestions. we are looking forward to welcome you again at Generator London in the future. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

Amazing location. My only grumble would be the open style showers where you are seperated only by a partition (ie water from next showers can flow to yours).

Hello! Many thanks for your recent review after your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and comments from our guests and would like to thank you for taking the time to highlight your thoughts. I hope we see you again at Generator London in the future. Best wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

thank you! I would suggest you to teach the other hostels in London how to manage... big difference between the clean Generator (nice staff) and the dirty Royal Bayswater Hostel (no comment), were I was hosted before... Really impressed. Thank you.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Hello! Thank you for your awesome feedback! It’s great to hear you had such a terrific stay with us. We hope to see you again in London really soon. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

There is no kitchen! It is worth to remember that, u cannot even make a tea on ur own. Eating is forbidden in the rooms . This hostel is huge, it looks nice but there is no atmposphre of traveling. I am not recommending for the same price or a bit more u can find a hostel in a good location with breakfast included and with more facilities available.

The size and theme of the hostel was fantastic! Did not like that you had to walk so far away outside just to have a cigarette and that it wasn't even a covered area. Wish there had been private bathrooms as well like in Hamburg. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There should also be more than one elevator.

Great hostel, lots of amenities, great location. Bag storage ended up costing £3 each before we could check in, and the bathrooms were quite far away from our room. No hooks/shelves inside the shower stalls, made it difficult to keep everything dry. Only one lift for such a large hostel meant taking the stairs quite a bit!

Great Hostel, very clean and has a cool bar! The price is a bit high though...

We only stayed for one night but the experience was very positive as we watched a film, used the bar, ate cake and enjoyed the buzz of the place. It would be nice if there could be a way of helping families to enjoy the disco with their kids and yet managing to be outside of the bar itself but that wasn't as great an issue for us (and others) as it appeared to be for the bloke on the door. Enjoyed it so much we're working out how soon we can return (and try other Generators) - a big thumbs up!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Loved staying here. Will definitely choose this place again next time im in london. Stacious rooms, great beds and clean bathrooms. Common area was large and accomodating for lots of people

Amazing hostel! Te staff were super helpful, I lost my wallet and they couldn't of been more helpful. Everything was clean. Amazing facilities and it close to two tube stops it's a great location. I'd stay there again

Hello! I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us after your departure. It is lovely to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will come back to Generator London for your next trip. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

Amazing structure. Staff could be better... Not a party hostel, but you can have some fun at the bar/pub. There are lots of families also, so if you're traveling with yours, it's a nice and calm place to stay. Breakfast is quite nice also.

I have stayed at Generators in Venice and Copenhagen, and was really excited to stay at the one in London. This is not what I would call a Generator. There wasn't a bathroom on my floor (6), no outlets or lights by the beds, no mirrors in the rooms, no outlets in the bathroom (good luck doing your hair in either),

great location and clean. smallest room I have ever stayed in and way too expensive for its size.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations with our rooms sizes. I hope we will be seeing you again soon. Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Executive

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7