Generator Hostel London

Fabulous 4352 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4352 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

Great Hostel!! Rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a great bar attached where you can get drinks and food. Easy to meet new people and socialize as well. Did have trouble with our booking. We booked a 10 bed dorm and it went through the system as a 12 bed dorm...they said it happens quite a bit so maybe book through the actual hostel website. Other than that I would stay again next time I am in London and would highly recommend.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
18th Apr 2017

Fantastic place! Cheap, stylish and well-located in the city. We loved the bar downstairs and the facilities offered!

18th Apr 2017
7.7

Very nice and cool hostel. The staff is very great and helpful. Only bad point is that you have to pay for the luggage storage , on top of the fee for the bed. And also the breakfast is too expensive for what they gave you. Otther than that good value for money.

13th Apr 2017

EXCELLENT hostel. great staff. another company runs their pub crawl so this is not a reflection of their staff. I had a guide named Anthony put hands on me after I tried to calm the same situation with another guest. when I tried to intervene he told me I need to shut the f door up. when I stood my ground he grabbed me and was about to hit me. he told police that I assaulted him so that I couldn't get in the club. no reason to be hostile with me and he flipped the story. he should be fired.

Hi There, We are extremely disappointed with the experience you have described. The pub crawl is run by another company, not our hostel. We recommend that you contact the pub crawl company so they can investigate this incident.

6th Apr 2017
7.4

it was alright, I found their toilets to be tiny and very un comfortable, in the dorms the charge points are not in each bad thats a big one for me

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback - your opinion is important to us. Unfortunately we do not have a outlet by each bed but we do have plenty all around out common areas and a changing station by reception. Thank you for staying with us - we hope to see you again sometime. Best wishes - Generator London

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017
7.1

No plug near bed. Crowded. But quite like the chill area. Anyways, it's a big hostel.

Dear guest, unfortunately we do not have a plus next to every bed but we do have plenty available all around the common areas and a charging station right next to reception. We are happy you enjoyed yourself in our common areas and hope to see you back again sometime. Best wishes - Generator London

• Netherlands, Mixed Group, 18-24
27th Mar 2017
7.4

The hostel is a nice place to stay for really big groups (30-40 people). It was a little noisy, but during nights it was quiet. Bathrooms are clean, however the showers are really small. Due to the big groups staying during those days, the bathrooms were very busy and it was difficult to get a place to shower. The room (4 people private, shared bathroom) is tiny, there is just enough space for 4 people. However, the staff is really friendly and the location of the hostel is ok!

Dear guest, we are sorry the big groups staying was a bit disturbing but happy that you still enjoyed your stay. We ate thrilled that you had a good experience with our friendly staff and that you had good use of our location. Best wishes - Generator London

24th Mar 2017

Great bar, food is decent, unfortunately the rooftop bar is only open from 5-10pm (why wouldn't it be open from noon so we could have some drinks in the sun?!). Bathrooms were big and clean, lots of showers and stalls. It's about a 20-25 minute walk to the river which isn't bad. I'd stay here again, had a great time!

20th Mar 2017

:) Great hostel! It's in a great location and has a good atmosphere for relaxing and meeting fellow travelers. :( The toilets on our floor were almost always clogged. Upon check-in, there was a lack of understanding/communication. I had made two reservations as I stayed one night longer than my friend. The staff didn't get the memo and physically moved my belongings and let another guest stay in my bed on my last night there. Other than that, good time!

Hello, we are sincerely sorry that we had not seen your 2nd reservation and have shared your feedback with our team. Best wishes - Generator London

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Mar 2017
5.7

Wow is this place a shambles.. The staff are rude. Atmosphere was pathetic, supposed to be a 'party-like' hostel but had 15yr olds running around everywhere with parents. Room was tiny, security were also rude too. The bar closed at 2:30am when it advertises everywhere that it was 3am. Had a terrible time here and would never recommend it to anyone!

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback - your opinion is important to us. We are sorry you felt that way - we normally get very good remarks about out staff. We are sorry some of the other guest were bothering you - next time please do not hesitate to contact our reception team who is working around the clock just to assist you. Thank you for staying with us. Best wishes - Generator London