Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Excellent hostel. The price for the rooms is really good for the location, but this means they do try to get their money back by charging over the odds for extras e.g £4 to hire a towel and over-priced vending machines / bar. Aim to be largely self sufficient or walk round the corner to the shop if you need anything but otherwise it's excellent. Also, the room was way too hot and the heating is only controlled from reception, although they will turn it off if you ask.

Incredible hostel in the heart of London! Best location since all central stations and places are in a walkable distance but way too easy to get the tube and travel anywhere. Extremely secured, in a point that you feel it's more than necessary, while the rooms and facilities are perfect for a hostel. Anything you need to spend traveling holidays is provided and dorms are the best way to socialise and have fun. Rooms are comfy and pretty spacious while toilets are very clean and easily accessible

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Hostel was in a great location but the rooms were tiny. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and two people couldn't have their lockers open at the one time. Also there was no power point near your bed and only 4 per room which made it difficult to charge your phone. Unlimited free wifi was great and hostel was in walking distance to everything. As a female travelling alone I felt safe in this area at night.

Stayed on a Sunday evening when the bar for some reason was playing music very loudly until 2am which I thought was excessive (I've stayed in a lot of hostels and they usually dont actively encourage noise that late) and there was also some strange very loud noise whenever someone used the sink in our room or next door(room 14).. not the best nights sleep by far :( Have stayed in Dublin generator and would love to go back but wouldn't stay in the London one again.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Had a really nice time at The Generator. Can't wait to explore Generator Berlin.

Hi there, Thanks for your wicked feedback! Hope to see you again soon and have a great festive season. Best wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

too big for an hostel. look like a amusement park

I really enjoyed staying here last year so when I went to London again, I decided to stay here again & it is even better now! The rooms are clean, comfortable and practical, with all you need for a good night's sleep. Shared bathroom facilities are also good! Security is excellent - you have to enter the hostel through an alleyway which can be intimidating at night but the hostel employ security guards who patrol the alleyway :) Everything was fantastic - couldn't fault it :)!

Fun, friendly hostel with great atmosphere. Shared showers were a bit annoying as there's no dry area to place/hang clothes. Out of the blue one night a security guard asked me if I'd considered becoming a Muslim which I thought was a bit inappropriate?? But all in all not a bad place to stay in London.

The showers were a bit ill distributed. But everything else was fantastic.

great place to stay, can be a little crowded and lots of kids at times and smaller rooms but really good hostel

A mixed review as this hostel had good and bad points. Good, helpful staff, good with with directions in getting around the city. Good location close to the stations for rail and tube. Good security outside, not so great inside. Now for the bad, no communal kitchen. No door to the ladies showers! anyone can stick there head in walking along the corridor. No shelves in the shower cubicles, and just curtains and nowhere to put your clothes to keep them dry. No night lights and sockets by beds.

The Generator was located just blocks away from tube station. There were several pubs and cafes all around the hostel. Kings Cross train/tube station is also just a short walk away. It was clean and very cool. The showers were hot and had decent water pressure. The beds were comfortable and the lockers under the beds were super handy! We enjoyed our short stay there and will definitely be staying at the other Generators in the future.

• 18th Nov 2014

Lovely place. The staff cares a lot about everything. I raccomend it!

Staff were helpful and attentive. Bathrooms could have been checked more often as many of the toilets always seemed out of order. The breakfast was not good considering it is an extra charge. Also, really lacking in charging outlets. Other generators I've stayed in have personal outlets in each bunk. You shouldn't have to sit in the common room for an hour to charge your devices. But overall, a nice stay.

• 16th Nov 2014

The rooms are like being in a sardine tin. The shower stalls all drain to the centre of the bathroom and there's no shelves at all (even soap holders), so good luck finding somewhere to place your things without them getting wet. The place is so busy it's like an airport terminal and you get charged for pretty much everything. It is freshly painted though and there are lots of common facilities, but next time I'll look elsewhere.

• 16th Nov 2014

Hi there, Firstly can I thank you for taking some time to share your Generator experience after your recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion with our shower facilities. I understand they can get busy during peak times which is why we have a 24/7 housekeeping team to keep all our facilities at the highest possible standard. I hope we will be seeing you again soon. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

Excellent hostel, kind of party profile with bar and lounge although rooms area are quiet. Worst attendance from the guys in the bar. Excellent receptionists. Laundry service, but infortunately no kitchen, even a microwave.

Hi there, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us after your departure. It is lovely to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will come back to Generator London for your next trip. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

A very good hostel with friendly staff. Good location. The bar seems fun and there are nice common rooms. The only minor complaints are the cost for the luggage storage (most hostels I have been to do this for free - although I suppose by paying for it, your luggage certainly more secure). My lock also did not fit on the locker in the room - one has to have a smaller lock for that.

I walked into the place asking if they had a bed available for the night and was very rudely told NO. To my surprise, when I've tried to make the booking online while I was still standing at the reception, the system allowed me to do it and that is how. I've managed to spend the night there. The place is nice and clean and the beds are very confortable. The only problem on my opinion was the lack of personal light as well as power plugs in each bed. I would def stay there again.

Huge hostel with an excellent location, a 5 minutes walk away from King's Cross. Supermarket and some small cafes are also nearby. The hostel is guarded by security at night, so keep your room pass with you! Rooms are small but clean, the furniture is up-to-date and it is quiet (if nobody snores). Outside the rooms it can get noisy because the bar downstairs plays music all day and night. If you are into cozy family-type hostels, this one is not for you. Otherwise, it's perfect!

This hostel was more like a hotel. Very colourful and fun. Dorm was good with decent sized lockers. Security guard was nice. Definitely recommend this Generator, I'll be back at the end of the month for sure.

Hey there, Thank you for your fantastic feedback and valued suggestions. we are looking forward to welcome you again at Generator London in the future. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6