Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

The generator is in a great location. I was upgraded to 6 bed dorm which was very comfortable. Locker boxes under the bed are very practical. The room I had was on the 6th floor and was very hot and stuffy however. Some more water taps would have been appreciated.

I stayed here during the Olympics and I was very unimpressed. This time with the remodeling and upgrades fine, the place looks and is great. Good job.

Hello! Thank you so much for writing your review after your stay with us at Generator London. It is super to hear from you and we really appreciate your feedback - we are so pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Courtney – Guest Relations.

This is an awesome hostel. The bar is great and it was really easy to find from Russell square station, it's about a 3 minute walk. The security is great as you can't get into the building without showing your room key. The food and drinks in the bar are awesome and cheap- we ate there a few nights. Wifi works in the room which is always a plus. Only down side was how far the bathroom was from our room, I had to walk a bit of a distance to pee in the middle of the night but I Would stay again!!

Overall an awesome experience! This was my first time staying in a hostel so naturally I was slightly worried but was pleasantly surprised. It reminded me of a college dorm room and everyone was very friendly. The bar at night was a great place to meet people and the free walking tour was awesome! Security was tight at night and made you feel safe. Defiantly will be staying there again.

Hello! Thank you so much for writing your review after your stay with us at Generator London. It is super to hear from you and we really appreciate your feedback - we are so pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Best Wishes, Courtney – Guest Relations.

Happy with everything in the hostel except the room was really hot with no AC and showershowers had no where to put belongings

• 18th Jul 2015

Definitely stay here again, walking distance to Covent garden, British museum

• 15th Jul 2015

Hello! Thank you so much for your comments after your recent stay with us. Your feedback really matters to us and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Generator London again in the near future. Best Wishes, Nathan , Guest Relations - London

Although our room for 4 was v small it was v v clean. I like the fact that boxes large enough for our luggages which can b padlocked are supplied right beneath our beds. Security is v good & we felt v safe staying here. D location is also v convenient; near to 2 tube stations & it was a breeze getting around. The facilities like the tv, games room & mini theatre, laundry & ironing are excellent. However shared toilets can be quite a distance away & the only lift available is much too small

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The showers don't have a shelf so there is no place to put shampoo and stuff when you are bathing. Furthermore, the common showers don't give much privacy.

Need more bathrooms and less beds in the rooms. Or bigger rooms

The hostel is really nice, there are lounges, places to party, it is really close from the Russel Square Underground station and also from the St Pancras International Station, or King's Cross, where many underground lines pass. The only negative things were that the bathroom is too far from the room, because there are plenty of rooms. And also the noise of the parties that happen inside the hostel, it is possible to hear from the room I was.

Great location to explore London. Close to a major station. Dorm rooms were pretty basic but had a sink, which is handy. Best part was the full service bar starting around 5/6pm. I'd stay there again.

Great social hostel! Excellent location! Loved my stay at Generator! Only thing to improve on are the bathrooms. All 4 ladies toilets on my floor were blocked up in the morning; and the showers are too short and lacking a proper door, and nowhere to put your clothes to keep them dry while you are showering.

• 6th Jul 2015

Hey there! Thanks for your wonderful feedback after your recent stay. It's great to hear from you and we can't wait to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Nathan Roberts, Guest Relations - Generator London

The Generator was a really big hostel. The hostel was very clean and you could see cleaning people roaming around all day long. It is expensive, however it is worth the money because London is expensive but the hostel gives you a nice place to stay. Make sure to get a shower early enough, towards the middle of the day, they run out of hot water!!

• 4th Jul 2015

Place was perfect. Excellent crowd. Two thumbs up!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Thanks so much for your review! See you again soon. Nate - Guest Relations, Generator London

We stayed here for 4 night and that was awesome we had à disabled friend with us. I booked a 4 bed room it was big for her to move in the room she had a special bathroom for her totally adapted the security was nice the staff too. It was a really great Journey and if we travel in Europe and that we have the possibility to stay in a Generator Hostel we will go here! The inside is really beautiful every floor was great!

• 26th Jun 2015

Overall I cant think how you could do much to improve on your existing package.I would certainly stay at Generator again and recommend you to my friends. The only point you might want to look at is that the fire door just before room 015 in the basement has no visibility panels in it so someone will eventually get clobbered by the door. Best wishes, Chas Lipscombe

• 22nd Jun 2015

The facilities and staff were fantastic. This place is humongous, so as a solo traveller found it a little harder to meet people.

Room would be bigger is better , staff is not that friendly

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Be sure to book in advance, the prices are double or more if you only book a few days in advance. It was frustrating to talk to other people in the hostel and realize that I was paying nearly twice as much to stay in a 10-person dorm than some people were paying for 4-person rooms. That being said, this is an excellent hostel that offers a great range of services, professional staff, and good facilities.

• 17th Jun 2015

Really nice, new facilities. Great atmosphere. Location is alright, close to tube station. Great wifi. Definitely would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5