Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

I really liked the layout of the hostel and the surrounding area. I enjoyed the amenities (bar, cafe, etc.) and really liked the atmosphere of the hostel overall.

• 17th Jul 2014

One of the most dirty hostels I've stayed at. bathrooms were putrid. no chargers next to the beds and dirty rooms. nothing was clean and reception staff dismissive. im glad I moved after one night.

This is probably one of the best hostels I have ever been to. They had high standard on security with several guards walking about. I booked a room for two using hostelworld.com and it turned out we got a room with bunk beds. Travelling with my girlfriend I would rather have a ordinary double bed. They had rooms with double beds but none of these where available. The entire first floor had a bar, café, tv room++ and where a nice place to spend the evenings or have a drink or a meal.

Well, I rated security high. Because it's practically a police state. Laughing with your bunkmates at 9:30 pm? You'll get a knock on the door and get told off by a weird security guard. Do you like poop filled toilets? Well, then you're in luck because every day the all the toilets on our floor were clogged. Every day. More than once a day. Do you like sweating in your sleep? It's super hot and there's no air-conditioning. Oh, and the windows only open about two inches. Do not go here.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very pleased with my stay here, however the hot water was very tempermental at times, perhaps my bad luck, especially when it was cold outside at night/morning. Otherwise its a great place to stay

The atmosphere is wonderful. The first night I stayed in an all girl 12 dorm and it was not clean. It smelled of mold and the walls started leaking. I moved rooms to the top floor to a 10 bed mixed dorm and that was very clean.

The security staff were very friendly. Shame the staff otherwise were very unwelcoming. This place is for 16-18 year olds to party with the rules of - rule no 1- have fun. It is not a place for any other travellers. It is like a factory for warehousing backpackers. There was little atmosphere other than bright lights and lots of noise.

If you like living with over protective parents that constantly hover over you, go ahead and stay here. And it's not even a good deal. Generator tried to make a nice environment in which to hang out, but instead they succeeded in creating a over commericalized hostel where everything costs money. I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan.

• 8th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Generator. The room was comfortable however I do not believe they had a/c. Lots of cool people staying there and the staff was pretty helpful - I misplaced an item and several people helped locate it. In a good area and semi-close to the Underground. My only gripe was the bathroom situation... One mens room on the entire floor - Not a big deal but 2 toilets is not enough when everyone has been chugging beer all night...

Generator is a very good hostel in London!

Staff very unhelpful and the hostel has no great atmospher

A drunk stranger apear in my room in the mid of the night (4:30 and again 5:30), i had to call security. They were fast in remove the guy but didn't offer me any compesation for the hassle. I paid 43 pounds for this night, i was expecting a good rest. Staff don't orient guests how to behave inside the rooms. They should enforce rules of silance inside the rooms and punish the ones that dont compliance.

1. IT WAS THE ONLY PLACE IN ALL LONDON WHERE I COULD NOT USE MY DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS . 2. DIRTY TOILETS. 3. THERE WAS NOT HOT WATER IN ALL THE SHOWERS.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Spain

£76 for a bed in a 10 bed dorm in the basement (no windows, no fresh air supply in the night when 10 people sleep in the room), room not cleaned for 4 days, breakfast not included (again £76 a night), 4 stockets for 10 people...to me this is a rip-off. Otherwise the hostel is in a nice neighbourhood, 20 min walk to piccadilly circus. Maybe rooms are better on the other floors, just make sure you don't end up in the basement (so called "groundfloor")

Overall hostel was nice but the rooms are TINY. We didn't mind the overall layout of the rooms, but for a 4 bed mixed dorm, the room was a bit to small for comfort. Breakfast was a complete rip off and a waste of our money. Wewere completely unimpressed with this, we've had much better selection at other hostels.

Hostel is massive, like way to big, found the staff really rude and the whole place lacked the friendly hostel atmosphere; hundreds of people the place, was new but i really didnt enjoy it. Travelling by myself found it hard to meet other people

The generator itself is beautiful. All the facilities are wonderful and super clean. However for whatever reason the other guests (and a fair amount of the staff) are really arrogant in a way I'm not used to at hostels. If your just looking for a place to stay and not hoping to meet anyone then this is your place. If part of your travel plan however is to meet some new people maybe look elsewhere first.

Good location, new facilities, kind staffs. The only things i didn't like was showers and toilets. can not understand why people don't flush after use, even it was women's toilet. Everything was fine except for that. I especially liked security guards' help and kindness.

Hello, Thanks for choosing Generator London! I will pass on your comments to the team here. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you again soon. Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Executive

Excellent hostel choice in Bloomsbury! Felt very safe and clean. The facilities were nice enough- I'd recommend doing your laundry elseware! It took forever and there was a spot around the corner I saw later. But a great choice overall!

• 30th Jun 2014

Amazing location and really good security- however at times felt quite like a school camp, all ages allowed so quite a few school groups around! Good vibe in the bar thurs/Friday nights, if you're looking for a party hostel however id definitely recommend elsewhere. Also 4 bed dorm incredibly small- barely room for two people to stand comfortably and the rooms can get REALLY hot!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7