Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

The breakfast service was quite slow and could have been better organised. My friend wasn't keen on the cold porridge!! The beds were really comfy and the room and facilities fine. Great location and good price for the room. Maybe explain at reception on arrival that the entrance arrangements change at 10pm as we got back when they were changing over and it was quite confusing, we didn't know what was going on.

• 7th Apr 2014

Room/bed and common room were good, location is fairly good once you're there. Staff were horrendous though, I thought it was just the one person, but the second and third staff members I dealt with (one to ask a question and one at checkout) were either rude or clueless. Also the first place I've seen in years that makes you pay for lockers to store luggage after checkout. Showers are not well set-up and toilets disgusting. Would not recommend.

Would stay again if I come back to London!! One of the best hostels I've stayed in!! Only like a 25 minute walk to Oxford Circus and Piccadilly square!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Staff are very nice and helpful. The hostel is super clean. We really liked the trendy set up of the hostel.

Enjoyed my stay. Staff are all nice and helpful. Found it hard to meet people as there were a few big groups and everyone seemed to stick together. Would stay here again.

• 1st Apr 2014

The staff were always friendly and helpful. It's clean, safe and has yummy food. The bar is a lot of fun. We had a great stay. Thanks guys!

The facilities and staff are amazing and everything is new. Felt very secure with the guards on call outside during the evenings. However there were many young school groups staying at the hostel and they spent a good part of the morning and evening running madly up and down the hallways screaming. Not used to having kids in a hostel.. Kind of killed the vibe a bit. Not to mention stopped you from having a good nights sleep!

• 28th Mar 2014

Nice stay in this hostel. I was in a 8 bed dorms which was a bit noisy at night.

Most fun and happy enviroment! This is what makes a good hostle good!

• 23rd Mar 2014

everything is good. clean bed and bathroom. near centre London. cheap price.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Overall a good hostel in a really good location at a fair price and the staff were also friendly and helpful. I would like to have seen individual lights for each bunk, this would have made reading easier and somewhere to hang clothes/towel in the bathroom would have made showering a hell of a lot more comfortable, but in general a great place to stay and would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Mar 2014

It is ok for two or three nights.

The hostel is very pleasant, the stuff is patient and helpful, the breakfast is good for the price - we even got it free the first day. But the fact that there is no kitchen that travellers can use (or at least a spot with a simple microwave oven and water heater, tea and coffee) is unforgivable. I've been to around 20 hostels and this is the first without these elementary things.

Come on... we have to pay for the locks???

• 11th Mar 2014

Such a fantastic place to stay. Great location and way to meet other travelers. The staff isn't the most knowledgable but the hostel itself is a very nice place. I felt very safe and would recommend this place to anyone

• 8th Mar 2014

You get what you need for this price; a clean and nice place to stay in the heart of london. Perfectly situated on the boundaries of camden and Holborn/Soho!

I think this is one of the two best hostels in LDN. I've stayed in all those top rated ones. Great atmosphere with nice bar (that doesn't mean that it bothers anyone,because it is far from the rooms and reception),great security with a guard at the door all times,very new and clean rooms and beds.Free wifi! This hostel is a nice one if you are travelling alone, but also good for groups, families etc. To say something negative, one morning (only once) there was no warm water in the common shower.

Great place...the only thing negative I would say is the breakfast...I think it should be included or if not at least have a better range of food.

Nice Hostel with a good location. The rooms are small, doesn't matter if you only want to sleep there. Only thing I really missed was a kitchen...

It has been my third time at Generator, it has always been great. The location is perfect less than a ten minute walk from st pancras. Now, the hostel is completely refurbirshed so no problem of cleanliness. It has a real nice modern look and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4