Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

This hostel has everything you looking for staff know what they doing and they are amazing. Rooms were nice and clean it looked very organised .I stayed in many other hostels just to try but this going to be for sure in my top list!

• 14th Dec 2015

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words. Is it great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff will be thrilled to hear that they had a lasting impression on your trip. Best wishes from the team at Generator London.

room very clean but toilets and shower clogged up twice in my two night stay. Also toilets far too far away from bedrooms. Only one small lift in such a big building!!! not enough...also no cooking facilities...a necessity for a hostel I think... The generator was ok but don't think I will be staying there again and I always like to stay in hostels because I love them... Btw the bar was nice and the Open-mike artist was great!

• 9th Dec 2015

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we really appreciate the feedback. Your comments will be passed onto our team here in London, best wishes – Generator London.

This isn't a terrible hostel but it is over rated for what you get. The showers were terrible, one hook to put your items, no bench, no dry area - nothing. All the toilets on my floor were clogged for long periods of time ever day of three day stay. Staff are unhelpful, don't give you any information about services at the hostel and generally unwelcoming. The location is okay security is good and most facilities are clean ad functional. Not the best hostel but not the worst.

Great spot. Great coffee. Room small for two middle aged and two young adults but knew that - just claustrophobic. Grew used to it. The location, the shops and eateries around all made up for it.

• 8th Dec 2015

Hi! It is wonderful to hear from you. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we can see you again soon. Best wishes from the team at Generator London,

I am very happy with my experience at the Generator hostel. I felt safe and well treated. People were friendly and the room very warm. Thanks to Philip and your colleagues to organize my pick up. I would suggest everybody to go to your hostel as it is clean, safe and people are friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the time with you! Thank you very much ! Sofia X

• 7th Dec 2015

Hi! It is fantastic to hear from you we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and Philip will be so happy to hear that he was able to help. Hope to see you again soon, Generator London.

The hostel was always clean and the staff were always friendly when I ever needed anything. The room was always a good temperature and not too hot or too cold which was good for the start of December. The breakfast was good as far as hostel breakfasts go. The facilities were good however the dryer was not very good and it took a long time to dry a load of washing as I had to put it through the dryer two or three times to get my load of washing dry.

• 1st Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Amazing hostel...

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Croatia

Hello! Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review after your stay with us. Best wishes from the team at Generator Hostel.

It's a very complet hostel, it has party, is clean, the staff is cool and the location is excellent.

probably one of the best hostels I have stayed at in the world.. just need to take this concept to the beach...

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. The bar downstairs is awesome, and there's even a "chill out" room if you just want to relax. My one recommendation would be to not pump club music into the relax area/cinema area - one night I was trying to finish some work and found it really hard to do so. Beds were comfy, it was useful to have a sink in the room, and everything was new and clean. The 3 people I shared my room with were very respectful (e.g. no one came in a 3am and puked in the sink)

Hi! It is great to hear from you, thank you for comments and recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Have a great day – Generator London.

Not enough information at check-in, didn't know about Internet or where to go before staff was onto the next in line or more eager to talk to the other staff and leave me... (I did ask someone else for directions and found my bed!) Nice beds, clean toilets, a bit too warm in the dorm and not able to turn the heater down. Great location :-)

Rooms were often too cold. Showers were cramped, there were only four per level which is ridiculous. Not enough power plugs in the room.

I was upgraded to a 4 beds room, which was clean, although a bit small for 4 people. The main drawback was the fire alarm, which fired twice (incl. one at 2am) during my 12h stay because of people smoking in the rooms or letting towels on the heaters (the smell was pretty bad on that second time).

Dorm room for 4 was tiny. 4 of us couldn't actually move around at the same time, had to wait for one person to get out the way before you could move along the room. Showers didn't work when I tried in an evening , though they worked in the morning. I don't know if they were deliberately turned off in the evenings or not. Good party atmosphere in bar area if that is what you are after.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your feedback it is really appreciated. Our shower facilities are open 24/7 so please accept my apologies for any inconvenience faced and I will pass this along to our maintenance Team. Kind regards from the team at Generator London.

Great place to stay, easy and clean. 2nd time in a generator, great name.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts after your stay with us. Hopefully we can see you again soon, all the best from the team at Generator London.

its was mostly OK, maybe if toilets were a little better, (( the floor was flooded in toilets Level 3,)) (( the sign on the door was not completely clear as to whether or not it was gents/ladies, in fact a girl did come into the gents , and other people commented on these signs also.)) other than that it was good value for money, that said this place was £19 for the night, I had been looking for £10 a night hostels , a lot of places advertise their rooms at from £10, you can't complain £10 room

• 16th Nov 2015

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your stay with us at Generator London. I was disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Nate – Events Coordinator

Staff didn't like their jobs. Only takes minimum responsibilities

1) Tiny tiny dorm rooms. You can barely have two people stand up at the same time let alone organise your luggage using some floorspace. 2) Bathroom: Shared between 20 other rooms. Water was dripping from the ceiling (2nd floor). Freezing cold water. Nowhere useful to put your belongings while you showered (just a single hook). 3) Poor access to plugs and lights in room. Most places have plugs and reading lights at your bedside. 4) Security overkill. Bouncers like in a nightclub. Crazy.

Only stayed three nights, and I would stay here again for a short period of time. didn't spend much time at the hostel but ate there once and it was good food for a decent price. Stayed in a 8 bed all female, which was pretty small so could be a bit uncomfortable at times but the beds were nice. The one downside was that the beds did not have personal plugs, and there were only a few on the desks, so one could not charge their phone if they needed it for an alarm. Overall good stay.

Hello! Thank you so much for writing your review after your stay with us at Generator London. It is super to hear from you and we really appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Nate – Events Coordinator

I wanted somewhere without a loud party scene so for a couple nights of getaway and work, and this was exactly what I wanted. The place is massive and you will still find all sorts here, families, older travellers, the residents and young wild backpackers. The bed and the showers were both wonderful, staff was friendly, and there's a security guard at the front at all times so you do feel safe and know that this isn't some cheap ill maintained party hostel.