Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

The women's bathroom was a shambles. The toilets were always clogged (poor plumbing I presume) and some showers were broken and only produced cold water. If they fix these issues, 10 out of 10.

• 28th Jun 2014

It was godd Nice Facilities, near by tube station, clean room

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Good location, good room and a good bar downstairs. Staff were rude and shower facilities were ordinary. Wouldn't recommend staying here.

Very good all in all. would definitely stay again. but four pound for a towel?

• 24th Jun 2014

Good location - few mins walk to the metro. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was impossible to get any sleep but that's expected in a way. The room didn't look like it had been swept or vacuumed at all in a while but the actual bed area was clean. If you book early enough then it's good value for money but it is costly compared to some other hostels I've stayed in with more homely features.

I felt a bit like getting into a carcel. It`S reasonable that there is a security at night, but I expect them as well as the personal to treat me like a paying customer. The room was absolutely mini and hot. No way to open the windows. At the entire floor you could count 4 showers for I guess min. 20 rooms with 4 people. How were these calculations done? Something good to state: the location for London was just perfect. Actually everything in walking distance.

• 20th Jun 2014

Nice hostel in London, big hostel atmosphere. Super new and modern. Everything was very clean. Bar there has a good vibe, but because of on site bar and kitchen you can't cook your own food or drink your own drinks. Staff were always helpful and the doorman was hilarious. More expensive than most hostels I've stayed at, but it's London and you get what you pay for.

The hostel is ok. You get exactly what you pay for. Very annoying are the loud-closing doors. Even at 12 o´clock was a lot of traffic. Therefore the average rating. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Rooms could be larger, there was hardly room for one person to move around, let alone four!

This was our(me and my friend's) stay at a hostel, we were a bit unsure about it at first, we did not have high expectation at all. Nevertheless, the Generator was great, it is close to town, the staff is very pleasant, and the room we were staying in was fresh. When we came home at night, the security was top notch, and I was very pleased. There were many things we could do there, the late night pizza was very appreciated and the exclusive bar/club was also nice. We will most definitely return.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The toilets on the 4th floor were clogged every day.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Overall okay experience. Nice facilities, always somewhere to hang out. Good atmosphere with the World Cup games. Good little storage bin under the beds where you can lock up your things. However toilets in the ladies room were always clogged and our trash was not taken out of our room for several days. I was in a 4 bed and the rooms were very small, only room for the bunks. Other issues I had were not the hostel's fault: only male roommates in a mixed room (I'm female), snoring roommates, etc.

• 14th Jun 2014

Nice hostel. Nice, big, comfortable and clean common areas. Bar and restaurant available in ground floor, with big television screens (perfect for football world cup). Bad points: a lot of additional fees like storage of luggage before checkin, breakfast or padlock (if you forgot your own). There is wifi but not any shared computer.

The location was fantastic, close to Russel square station and within walking distance to King's cross and Holborn. The rooms were okay. Could have been more hangers to hang your clothes and towels. The bathrooms and showers were not as clean as I wished and there could have been more bathrooms on each floor instead of one. The staff varied in service, some were very helpful, others (especially those who didn't speak english well) weren't great. The price for Sat night was too expensive!

If the fees include breakfast that will be perfect.

The Generator Hostel provided what it promised! A 10 min walk from Kings Cross St Pancras station (you can pretty much catch any train from there), a 10 min walk to the British Museum and situated in an area that is populated mainly by university students so there is a youthful feel around the neighbourhood, its safe, and plenty of affordable trendy cafes and restaurants to choose from!

The hostel was beautiful and had a great atmosphere and vibe however the bathrooms left some cleanliness to be desired.

• 9th Jun 2014

What a fantastic hostel within such a short walk from some of the major stations! I stayed in a 12 bed female dorm and the beds, sheets and the whole room were very clean and fresh with nice decor. People were lovely and considerate so I got a great night's sleep in fact. I only stayed one night and didn't use any of the facilities or tours etc but there seemed to plenty on offer. The staff was friendly and the whole hostel was simply top quality, the best one I've ever been to in London!

Very safe using a key swipe for the room, very clean and modern. Have to stay here! Got to meet heaps of friendly people from all around the world

It will be nice to have more variety for breakfast or change the menu each day

• 4th Jun 2014