Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Very good. Just a little pricey for considering the number of beds per room etc.

This hostel is just perfect! I wish every hostel in Europe could have the same structure as this one. The location is perfect, the atmosphere is great. The staff is EXCELLENTLY. Every single person helps, they also go the bar with you!

Thr breakfast was dissapointing but otherwise the hostel is nice and up to date.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hello there! Thanks for your comments after your recent stay with us. Sorry our breakfast offering wasn't quite to your taste, but pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope we'll see you again soon. Best wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

it's impossible to close the doors (rooms / bathrooms) softly. It always makes big noise.... thats the only negativ things. best regards Michael

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

It is a little inconvenient to carry the luggage up the stairs to the entrance but ok. The security man at the entrance is a funny guy but instead of just joking around he could have helped the woman to carry the suitcase. The check in girl was a bit unfriendly, you could tell that she was pissed but it was not our fault so she should maybe control her emotion better. We have been there at 10 am and had to wait until 2pm. The room was ok, a bit dusty and smelly. Showers are a disaster.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Absolutely first class

Well the room is clean, that's all. The pub is very noisy with terrible music, and you cannot find a place to sit for a while and have a good chat. It runs in a strange way, not like a hostel very much. And the breakfast is boring and expensive. Will not come back.

Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. It is massive but really clean. The restaurant/bar is nice. Not a great hostel to meet people but it's great if you're part of a group.

Fantastic and gorgeous hostel, just a short walk to two tube stations. Great design, clean rooms, and reasonably priced food and booze. Best hostel I've stayed at in London, by far. I'd definitely stay here again.

it's pity they have not computer for customer

Hello, Thank you for sharing your thoughts after your recent stay with us. We don't find that much need for computers in todays tech crazy society, as most people log on using their smartphones or tablets with our free Wi-Fi. Sorry if this caused you any incovinience. Hope to see you again in the future. Best Wishes. Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Loved the hostel, the staff is soo good, they are always so happy and helpful, and the facilities are so cool, there's always something to do. Definitely staying there again

Great stay! Definitely will go for second visit.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Had an absolutely amazing time!! Brilliant value for money and was near tube stations with really good links to tourist attractions. Room was very clean and had absolutely no problems. Also felt very safe because of the door man always being outside (shout out to the amazing Max!). The only thing I'd say is that the toilets on our floor were quite far away, but apart from that it was great. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in London.

• 8th Sep 2014

Generator targets the young crowd. The entrance has security who asks to see your room key so always have it on you. The commons is pretty big

More variety in the breakfast buffet would be very welcome but for the rest, overall everything was very good !

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel! Felt like staying in a hotel but easier to meet people :)

The location is pretty good, but you steel need to spend a few minutes to find the hostel. The shower room is a little inconvenient because there are only two hooks outside for each person. Over all is nice in this cheap price to book somewhere to live in London

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Will definitely make a return visit in the future and comes highly recommended. Within walking distance of good transport links and within walking distance of many tourist attractions.

Hey there, Thank you so much for the great feedback! We hope to see you again really soon at Generator London. See you soon Nate - Guest Relations Execuitve

Security guards everywhere made me feel like I was in a prison. I've stayed at various hostels where there was much less security and I felt just as safe. Rooms are apparently only cleaned when someone leaves so if no one in your room leaves then you have to empty your own trash and mop tbe floor. The hostel is very big so I didn't find the atmosphere condusive to meeting people. Overall it was ok, but definitely not great.

This was my first hostel experience and wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was great. I stayed on the wonderland level. The wifi was great the bathrooms were always clean and the dorm was quite spacious. The bar and cafe were very sociable and easy to meet people. Will 100% stay again on my next visit.