Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

In essence a nice central hostel but the night I was there there was clearly a disco somewhere nearby, it got good when eye of the tiger could be heard in the form but I was pretty fed up by the time it came to robin thicke. Noise travels easily down the corridors, you can hear all the doors closing. The showers are very small with little room to get changed but are clean and the staff are nice. The breakfast is not worth the £4.

Hello, I was disappointed to read your review of Generator London after your recent stay. What you have described is not the level of service we aim to achieve. If you would like to talk more about your experience please feel free to email me at: nathan.roberts@generatorhostels.com and I would be more than happy to chat. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Nice hostel. Extremely secure but lacks on cleanliness. Environment is awesome. Good choice and ir'a near Sr pancras station.

There was little to no plugs available in the rooms so pray someone has a power board to share.

all of the toilets in the girls bathroom on the 4th floor were clogged my entire stay and would be helpful if there was an area by each shower to put our dry clothes so they don't get wet. otherwise awesome hostel!

Hello! Thank you for getting in touch after your stay with us, I was disappointed to read your feedback about the toilet facilities as we have a 24/7 housekeeping team who do all they can to ensure this is avoided. Please do accept my apologies. I'm pleased overall you had a great time and I hope we will see you again in the future. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Team

Very nice hostel with a great area to chill out, including a bar with DJ, snooker, etc.

hey! Thanks for your awesome review and for choosing Generator London! See you again soon, Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Team

Really big hostel with a lot of people. A bit of a walk from the city center, but not too bad with the Underground. Staff are nice and helpful, but it feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Still had a lot of fun here, and definitely always something to do.

Therebare no plugs in the beds, the baths are disgusting and the rooms are not very clean. The bar has a terrible staff and is really overpriced, the breakfast (not included) in aweful

Security was way too strict

Excellent stay, they have a really good restaurant where you can find fish & chips at good price.

Great hostel, much better than a hotel I stayed at nearby. Liked the bar and atmosphere, and very secure! Only complaint is that there are no bathrooms in the rooms. And if other people are showing at the same time as you it's hard to get hot water. Also more mirrors in some of the rooms would be better.

Nice and modern , Very pleasant staff at reception, Little bit hard to find down alley .

• 10th Jan 2015

Nice hostel, good location, easy to get around, nice bar and food.

It's not a bad place. It's just that the room was so insanely hot that it was completely impossible to sleep. I finally gave up at around 03:00, and went down to the reception to make them turn off the oven, and they did. But since it had laden so ridiculously hot, it took a couple of hours for the room to reach a sleepable temperature (I actually burned my hand on the radiator trying to turn it down (which you can't), that's how insanely hot it was). Sleepless night? This is the place.

hello, You organize every day activities but nobody showed me around the site or explain the different activities offered, but you told me that I need you'd be. I looked for a long time my room, and it is a traveler who helped me because I was lost.

Hostel has lots going on in it and if you are of a lazy disposition, you may find yourself giving in and spending all day here. It is a vibrant colourful place with lot's on offer - a bar with entertainment every evening, a restaurant with a selection of great meals, a chill-out lounge, and a cinema. The location is in an excellent area of central London - you can take a great 30 minute walk to Leicester Square as I did on a couple of occasions. As there is no free breakfast, and no cooking faci

Good place to stay in london

Great hostel! My only complaint would be that sometimes the bathrooms were a bit dirty. It is otherwise quite nice and close to the underground. Make sure to bring a small lock since the space to put your lock in the lockers is pretty small (I had to buy a new lock from the hostel). Also, even though it says on this website that they have towels for hire, this is not true; you have to purchase them for £4.

Pretty good location quite close to tube stops. Atmosphere is great with a bar downstairs and overall it's a really nice hostel with big comfy beds. My only criticism is that the generator could do with a bit more infrastructure- was very disappointed that there was only 4 toilets/showers on each level when there were a LOT of rooms, and just little thins like not enough powerpoints for everyone and no lights on the bunks. Staff were very knowledgable and super helpful, overall a great stay :)

This is one of the nicest hostels I've been to... very cool styling, great location and superb value for money. Was only there for a day but would love to come back for more.

Very large hostel, in a good location. The bar area was busy on a Tuesday night, and they had a nice lounge area with movies showing. I would stay again! Con: They charge a lot for locker rentals, towels, etc. bring your own supplies.

Hello! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It’s always great to hear from our guests after there stays with us. I hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Executive