Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

GREAT hostel. Great location, great vibe. Has its own bar thats open late. Has all the facilities you need (laundry, travel shop etc). Rooms are nice and fairly newly furbished by the looks. Definately would recommend.

Excellent security, location, cleanliness, and facilities. Staff was average. The front desk often had a long line and took forever to talk to anyone. Had a maintenance guy walk in to a private room while I was changing without even knocking. The atmosphere was average. Very young crowd, lots of large groups, not very good for a solo traveler. Had people smoking in a 4 person room.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far.

The hostel was very nice. Conveniently located near the train station and food places. Girls bathroom on basement floor didn't have door in hallway so you could always has when females were showering. It was a bit odd because the male bathroom has a door. But other than that good stay.

Hello! Thanks for sending us your thoughts after your recent stay. Your feedback about the showers is intriguing. I asked around and it would seem that due to the nature of the brickwork we were unable to fit doors during the redesign, but the showers have there own little alley to avoid being able to see in. Hope this helps explain the oddity, and We’d love to see you again soon in London Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Team

Really nice hostel in amazing Bloomsbury location. Enjoyed the bar and rooms were nice and very clean. The only thing I didn't love were the cubicle-style toilets and showers as they weren't particularly private, but overall I really enjoyed my stay.

Safe, clean, beautiful, fun, great location! Very good! I recommend! The only question that has many adolescents with poorly educated

• 11th May 2014

Hi there, Wow such great Feedback! Thank you so much for choosing Generator London! As I am sure you can understand, with a hostel as awesome as ours everyone wants to stay, so we attract a very varied crowd from teenagers right through to small families! We hope to see you again at Generator London soon! #genlove Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Team

You just need one rock n roll night per week!

I feel I could not fault my experience at Generator and will be looking to rebook again when I bring my grandchildren to England for their first ever overseas experience. My only concern related to efforts to obtain change for both the laundry and luggage storage facilities. I inquired at reception, they directed me to the Travel Shop, who also couldn't help with change. The bar wouldn't give cash out using a travel card. Nobody told me a cash machine existed on the premises. Didn't see signage

Hello Generator Lover! I’m thrilled to hear that you had a good experience with us at Generator London! I know sometimes the change situation can be a bit frustrating and I offer my sincerest apologies for any miscommunication on our part. Hope you got it all sorted in the end, and of course we would love to see you again with your grandchildren. Take care and best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Team

I really enjoyed this hostel! Right across the street from Kings Cross Station placed this hostel in an excellent location. However, I rarely had to use the subway as it did not take me more than 30 minutes to walk to the biggest destinations. The be inside the hostel was great and I in general loved the atmosphere. The only thing that stopped me from giving a perfect score was the really bad toilet seat covers. Only one of them were new, the rest were cracked and disgusting.

Howdy! Its fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the hostel and its facilities. I will most definitely pass on your feedback about toilet seas to our maintenance team, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We hope to see you again when your back in London! Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Team

Great facilities, staff wasn't welcoming, helpful or friendly aside from one or two guys that were awesome.

• 7th May 2014

8.479845684365/10, would stay there again :)

I really love they have security from the alley way I walk in. The wifi signal is really good. It's a big hostel so the cleanliness wouldn't be spot on but I think it can still be improved. My only disappointment was that I booked for a bed in 4 beds mixed dorm but they assigned me to 8 beds mix dorm. I have to go back to the reception and ask for it. When I went back, the staff was going to assign me to 6 beds, I said I will take it, but I won't be happy then they gave me a bed in 4 beds.

Hey there, Overall it sounds like you had a great stay and of course we would love to see you again soon! My apologies for the booking engine mix up regards to your rooming, but I’m pleased to here you got it all sorted in the end. Thanks for choosing Generator London #genlove Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Team

This hostel was located close to the main train station which made it easy to get into the city. We met some fun people, the rooms were clean, and had some really cool hang out spots like the bar and tv room. The hostel could have used more bathrooms for the size, as there was only one per floor, and the floors were fairly large. Also the bathrooms could have used some maintenance because there always seemed to be a mess. Aside from this we had a great stay.

while I understand there are people who want the rave-all-night, meet-tons-of-people experience, that truly doesn't encompass all travelers, and unfortunately generator does not cater to those of us who are interested in a good nights sleep, or being surrounded by a bunch of drunks. there was a rave going on on the 1st floor which we could hear the on the 4th floor! til 2 am. neighbors slamming doors and banging on walls. I booked a 4pers room and got a 6pers no compensa and staff unsympathetic.

The hostel was very trendy! Clean and had an awesome bar (good music) that was open late. I felt safe travelling alone. This is a big hostel the atmosphere isn't as cozy with so many people. There is also a room to watch TV/movies, a cafe, cafeteria style food line for 4 pounds. Some rooms have a washroom and an awesome shower in them. I liked the location because it was close to a park and a tube station. I recommend this hostel if you can handle the size.

• 4th May 2014

Hello! Thank you for your epic feedback! I’m super delighted to hear you liked Generator London, and of course we would love to have you back with us again soon! #genlove from the whole team here! Best Wishes Nate –Guest Relations Team

Very Nice and Location. but Check in time is very not free.

This is my second stay at the Generator in 2 months. I can say it compare to the best of hotels easy. The only thing that concerns me is that there is a group of particular nationality that works there that are totally incompetent in customer service. It happened on both visits that I was totally ignored by those guys, who served people that queued up after me. Also due to their poor customer service skills, failed they failed to make me aware of breakfast tokens.

Showers were awful and rooms need hooks

I´d like it, the atmosphera was good, the building nice , staff smily...

Quite a cool hostel but not in the most exciting part of London. Price was way too high and breakfast was a serious rip-off. Only stayed here as a last resort. The Astor Victoria is a much better place to stay in London.