Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Lovely place. The staff cares a lot about everything. I raccomend it!

Staff were helpful and attentive. Bathrooms could have been checked more often as many of the toilets always seemed out of order. The breakfast was not good considering it is an extra charge. Also, really lacking in charging outlets. Other generators I've stayed in have personal outlets in each bunk. You shouldn't have to sit in the common room for an hour to charge your devices. But overall, a nice stay.

• 16th Nov 2014

The rooms are like being in a sardine tin. The shower stalls all drain to the centre of the bathroom and there's no shelves at all (even soap holders), so good luck finding somewhere to place your things without them getting wet. The place is so busy it's like an airport terminal and you get charged for pretty much everything. It is freshly painted though and there are lots of common facilities, but next time I'll look elsewhere.

• 16th Nov 2014

Hi there, Firstly can I thank you for taking some time to share your Generator experience after your recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion with our shower facilities. I understand they can get busy during peak times which is why we have a 24/7 housekeeping team to keep all our facilities at the highest possible standard. I hope we will be seeing you again soon. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

Excellent hostel, kind of party profile with bar and lounge although rooms area are quiet. Worst attendance from the guys in the bar. Excellent receptionists. Laundry service, but infortunately no kitchen, even a microwave.

Hi there, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us after your departure. It is lovely to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will come back to Generator London for your next trip. Best Wishes Nate Guest Relations Executive

A very good hostel with friendly staff. Good location. The bar seems fun and there are nice common rooms. The only minor complaints are the cost for the luggage storage (most hostels I have been to do this for free - although I suppose by paying for it, your luggage certainly more secure). My lock also did not fit on the locker in the room - one has to have a smaller lock for that.

I walked into the place asking if they had a bed available for the night and was very rudely told NO. To my surprise, when I've tried to make the booking online while I was still standing at the reception, the system allowed me to do it and that is how. I've managed to spend the night there. The place is nice and clean and the beds are very confortable. The only problem on my opinion was the lack of personal light as well as power plugs in each bed. I would def stay there again.

Huge hostel with an excellent location, a 5 minutes walk away from King's Cross. Supermarket and some small cafes are also nearby. The hostel is guarded by security at night, so keep your room pass with you! Rooms are small but clean, the furniture is up-to-date and it is quiet (if nobody snores). Outside the rooms it can get noisy because the bar downstairs plays music all day and night. If you are into cozy family-type hostels, this one is not for you. Otherwise, it's perfect!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »