Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

8.479845684365/10, would stay there again :)

I really love they have security from the alley way I walk in. The wifi signal is really good. It's a big hostel so the cleanliness wouldn't be spot on but I think it can still be improved. My only disappointment was that I booked for a bed in 4 beds mixed dorm but they assigned me to 8 beds mix dorm. I have to go back to the reception and ask for it. When I went back, the staff was going to assign me to 6 beds, I said I will take it, but I won't be happy then they gave me a bed in 4 beds.

Hey there, Overall it sounds like you had a great stay and of course we would love to see you again soon! My apologies for the booking engine mix up regards to your rooming, but I’m pleased to here you got it all sorted in the end. Thanks for choosing Generator London #genlove Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Team

This hostel was located close to the main train station which made it easy to get into the city. We met some fun people, the rooms were clean, and had some really cool hang out spots like the bar and tv room. The hostel could have used more bathrooms for the size, as there was only one per floor, and the floors were fairly large. Also the bathrooms could have used some maintenance because there always seemed to be a mess. Aside from this we had a great stay.

while I understand there are people who want the rave-all-night, meet-tons-of-people experience, that truly doesn't encompass all travelers, and unfortunately generator does not cater to those of us who are interested in a good nights sleep, or being surrounded by a bunch of drunks. there was a rave going on on the 1st floor which we could hear the on the 4th floor! til 2 am. neighbors slamming doors and banging on walls. I booked a 4pers room and got a 6pers no compensa and staff unsympathetic.

The hostel was very trendy! Clean and had an awesome bar (good music) that was open late. I felt safe travelling alone. This is a big hostel the atmosphere isn't as cozy with so many people. There is also a room to watch TV/movies, a cafe, cafeteria style food line for 4 pounds. Some rooms have a washroom and an awesome shower in them. I liked the location because it was close to a park and a tube station. I recommend this hostel if you can handle the size.

• 4th May 2014

Hello! Thank you for your epic feedback! I’m super delighted to hear you liked Generator London, and of course we would love to have you back with us again soon! #genlove from the whole team here! Best Wishes Nate –Guest Relations Team

Very Nice and Location. but Check in time is very not free.

This is my second stay at the Generator in 2 months. I can say it compare to the best of hotels easy. The only thing that concerns me is that there is a group of particular nationality that works there that are totally incompetent in customer service. It happened on both visits that I was totally ignored by those guys, who served people that queued up after me. Also due to their poor customer service skills, failed they failed to make me aware of breakfast tokens.

Showers were awful and rooms need hooks

I´d like it, the atmosphera was good, the building nice , staff smily...

Quite a cool hostel but not in the most exciting part of London. Price was way too high and breakfast was a serious rip-off. Only stayed here as a last resort. The Astor Victoria is a much better place to stay in London.

The Generator has a very commercialized atmosphere. They do not have a computer area service. The facilities are clean.

• 30th Apr 2014

Friendly staff, nice neighborhood , centrally located. Only downside and this is no fault of theirs is that most generator are factory hostels , extremely big with a lack of personality and character. But they know they are big and for a big hostels that do very well are efficient friendly and clean, with a great location. Make sure you don't get in too late because the tube might not be running to there station anymore.

I really love everything about the hostel, except the part that it doesn't have a kitchen. Overall, I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Well don't spread the word because it will overcrowd it : it's the greatest place en earth :) Giving names to floors like Dr Who ? Brilliant. Pub, Drinks, Lounge, Nachos... loved it !

All in all great hostel, great location, nice and modern hostel, nice people, great bar, ... However, there's no kitchen or even hot water to prepare coffee or tea so be prepared to spend more money on food and drinks.

The room, bathroom and common area were so dirty that was imposible to use the toilet of the 5th floor. We also met with a little rat on the lounge and the staff said that couldnt do anything about it

In general, I appreciated the hostel, it could have been perfect but there were some flaws. In the room there were NO hooks, which was very uncomfortable since I was forced to put my coat on the bed or on my suitcase, Nor there was a locker for my goods, so I had to try my luck with my roommates. As for the showers: first, there were no shelves inside, so I was forced to leave my shampoo bottle on the ground; second, there was no door, just a curtain.

Would definitely stay here again.

Very friendly security dude on the door. 22nd april

• 21st Apr 2014

Everything was great, the staff is awesome, they are always helpful and friendly. There is a great social area where people can get to know eachother and the bar is just great. They should include the breakfast, but if you don't want to pay it there is a store just around the corner. I already recommended this hostel to a friend and she loved it too.