Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

£76 for a bed in a 10 bed dorm in the basement (no windows, no fresh air supply in the night when 10 people sleep in the room), room not cleaned for 4 days, breakfast not included (again £76 a night), 4 stockets for 10 people...to me this is a rip-off. Otherwise the hostel is in a nice neighbourhood, 20 min walk to piccadilly circus. Maybe rooms are better on the other floors, just make sure you don't end up in the basement (so called "groundfloor")

Overall hostel was nice but the rooms are TINY. We didn't mind the overall layout of the rooms, but for a 4 bed mixed dorm, the room was a bit to small for comfort. Breakfast was a complete rip off and a waste of our money. Wewere completely unimpressed with this, we've had much better selection at other hostels.

Hostel is massive, like way to big, found the staff really rude and the whole place lacked the friendly hostel atmosphere; hundreds of people the place, was new but i really didnt enjoy it. Travelling by myself found it hard to meet other people

The generator itself is beautiful. All the facilities are wonderful and super clean. However for whatever reason the other guests (and a fair amount of the staff) are really arrogant in a way I'm not used to at hostels. If your just looking for a place to stay and not hoping to meet anyone then this is your place. If part of your travel plan however is to meet some new people maybe look elsewhere first.

Good location, new facilities, kind staffs. The only things i didn't like was showers and toilets. can not understand why people don't flush after use, even it was women's toilet. Everything was fine except for that. I especially liked security guards' help and kindness.

Hello, Thanks for choosing Generator London! I will pass on your comments to the team here. We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and would love to see you again soon. Best Wishes Nate – Guest Relations Executive

Excellent hostel choice in Bloomsbury! Felt very safe and clean. The facilities were nice enough- I'd recommend doing your laundry elseware! It took forever and there was a spot around the corner I saw later. But a great choice overall!

• 30th Jun 2014

Amazing location and really good security- however at times felt quite like a school camp, all ages allowed so quite a few school groups around! Good vibe in the bar thurs/Friday nights, if you're looking for a party hostel however id definitely recommend elsewhere. Also 4 bed dorm incredibly small- barely room for two people to stand comfortably and the rooms can get REALLY hot!

Nice location - between four train stations (Russell, Euston, Kings Cross, St. Pancras) can get around quite easily. Russell has direct access to Heathrow! Stayed in a 4-bed room and would stay in one again.

The women's bathroom was a shambles. The toilets were always clogged (poor plumbing I presume) and some showers were broken and only produced cold water. If they fix these issues, 10 out of 10.

• 28th Jun 2014

It was godd Nice Facilities, near by tube station, clean room

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Good location, good room and a good bar downstairs. Staff were rude and shower facilities were ordinary. Wouldn't recommend staying here.

Very good all in all. would definitely stay again. but four pound for a towel?

• 24th Jun 2014

Good location - few mins walk to the metro. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was impossible to get any sleep but that's expected in a way. The room didn't look like it had been swept or vacuumed at all in a while but the actual bed area was clean. If you book early enough then it's good value for money but it is costly compared to some other hostels I've stayed in with more homely features.

I felt a bit like getting into a carcel. It`S reasonable that there is a security at night, but I expect them as well as the personal to treat me like a paying customer. The room was absolutely mini and hot. No way to open the windows. At the entire floor you could count 4 showers for I guess min. 20 rooms with 4 people. How were these calculations done? Something good to state: the location for London was just perfect. Actually everything in walking distance.

• 20th Jun 2014

Nice hostel in London, big hostel atmosphere. Super new and modern. Everything was very clean. Bar there has a good vibe, but because of on site bar and kitchen you can't cook your own food or drink your own drinks. Staff were always helpful and the doorman was hilarious. More expensive than most hostels I've stayed at, but it's London and you get what you pay for.

The hostel is ok. You get exactly what you pay for. Very annoying are the loud-closing doors. Even at 12 o´clock was a lot of traffic. Therefore the average rating. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Rooms could be larger, there was hardly room for one person to move around, let alone four!

The hostel is very big, five floors, with an enourmous common room where you could see the World Cup matches and a lot of people. The staff is very professional. The only minor issue I had is that the bathrooms are not very clean sometimes, and there is no place where to put your shampoo or soap in the shower. It is very close to the British Museum and relatively close to Trafalgar Square and downtown.

This was our(me and my friend's) stay at a hostel, we were a bit unsure about it at first, we did not have high expectation at all. Nevertheless, the Generator was great, it is close to town, the staff is very pleasant, and the room we were staying in was fresh. When we came home at night, the security was top notch, and I was very pleased. There were many things we could do there, the late night pizza was very appreciated and the exclusive bar/club was also nice. We will most definitely return.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The toilets on the 4th floor were clogged every day.

• 15th Jun 2014