Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Hostel was good, but shouldn't be promoted as a youth hostel as there were many adults and children, which is definitely not for everyone.

• 4th Apr 2014

For the short London breaks, it's a really good choice. Location is really good and there are night buses also and it's just 5-min from russell square station. The rooms are very clean - actually better than my expectations.

Stayed in a 4 bed room - Size is just enough to fit 2 bunk beds and a sink to be shared. Great atmosphere and space within the hostel, small room was the only downside.

Would stay again if I come back to London!! One of the best hostels I've stayed in!! Only like a 25 minute walk to Oxford Circus and Piccadilly square!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Staff are very nice and helpful. The hostel is super clean. We really liked the trendy set up of the hostel.

Enjoyed my stay. Staff are all nice and helpful. Found it hard to meet people as there were a few big groups and everyone seemed to stick together. Would stay here again.

The staff were always friendly and helpful. It's clean, safe and has yummy food. The bar is a lot of fun. We had a great stay. Thanks guys!

The best thing about this hostel was location, definitely. The location was perfect. However, I had some problems with the cleanliness of my bed (when I checked in I found an empty water bottle and a CHEWING GUM stuck in my bed, so disgusting) and the room in general. I stayed in a girls dorm and the other girls also complained about the service, two of them didn't have their bedding changed when they checked in. I also found the staff really impersonal and sometimes even rude.

The facilities and staff are amazing and everything is new. Felt very secure with the guards on call outside during the evenings. However there were many young school groups staying at the hostel and they spent a good part of the morning and evening running madly up and down the hallways screaming. Not used to having kids in a hostel.. Kind of killed the vibe a bit. Not to mention stopped you from having a good nights sleep!

Nice stay in this hostel. I was in a 8 bed dorms which was a bit noisy at night.

Good clean hostel, extremely big. Only complaint was not enough shower/bathroom facilities on each floor, for the amount of people staying there.

Most fun and happy enviroment! This is what makes a good hostle good!

• 23rd Mar 2014

I did enjoy this Hostel. We had to show our keys to get into the building, which always makes me feel more comfortable. I loved the environment and the staff. For the money paid, I'd have liked breakfast included, but we were in London, which is a more expensive city. Overall, I highly suggest this hostel.

• 21st Mar 2014

everything is good. clean bed and bathroom. near centre London. cheap price.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Overall a good hostel in a really good location at a fair price and the staff were also friendly and helpful. I would like to have seen individual lights for each bunk, this would have made reading easier and somewhere to hang clothes/towel in the bathroom would have made showering a hell of a lot more comfortable, but in general a great place to stay and would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Mar 2014

It is ok for two or three nights.

The hostel is very pleasant, the stuff is patient and helpful, the breakfast is good for the price - we even got it free the first day. But the fact that there is no kitchen that travellers can use (or at least a spot with a simple microwave oven and water heater, tea and coffee) is unforgivable. I've been to around 20 hostels and this is the first without these elementary things.

Come on... we have to pay for the locks???

• 11th Mar 2014

Such a fantastic place to stay. Great location and way to meet other travelers. The staff isn't the most knowledgable but the hostel itself is a very nice place. I felt very safe and would recommend this place to anyone

• 8th Mar 2014

This is a good place to stay if you're young and looking for a fun time, they have a bar and the crowd is mostly the younger crowd. It's definitely a popular hostel, and tons of people. Not so good when you're as old as I am and just wanting to sleep after a night of drinking and people are still going. Shared showers weren't so bad when I was younger, not so much anymore.