Fabulous 3,944 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3,944 Total Reviews
Generator Hostel London Located at Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London.
England
London WC1H 9SE Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1
83% 3944
51.5262476 -0.1249051
    Rooms available

21st Sep 2016

I was really pleasantly surprised. Yes, the common areas were a bit noisy (and the shower areas could have been cleaner) but the rooms are soundproofed, the beds really comfy and it is just a 10 minute walk to St Pancras and Euston station. I would definitely stay here again.

20th Sep 2016
2.9

Worst hostel experience. Older man (40+) in our room let a homeless man off the streets into our room when he was inebriated. At 4:30AM a bunch of security burst into the room, screaming at all of us for letting him in. Despite one girl literally seeing the old guy let him in, they berated us and refused to accept he did it because 'he is a long term resident'. So this hostel not only abuses guests and refuses to apologise, but accepts older people as long term guests. Overpriced and no vibes.

• England, Female, 41+
19th Sep 2016

Overall I liked this hostel. The staff were friendly and always ready to go the extra mile in customer service. Also I arrived late at night feeling hungry. The cafe area serves (hot not cold) appetising snacks throughout the day. On the downside entering and exiting the hostel proved problematic as I'm a wheelchair user and the main entrance is accessed by a flight of stairs if you are able-bodied or using a dark and unwelcoming entrance if the stairs are inaccessible.

Hello, we are sorry to read that you found our wheelchair entrance unwelcoming and have shared this feedback with our team. Glad you were able to get a bite to eat when you arrived. Best wishes - Generator London.

• USA, Male, 25-30
19th Sep 2016
6.0

A lot is based on luck. I got horribly unlucky with 2 guys who snore like dinosaur pigs. That's not really the fault of the Generator...but one of them was a man in his 40s or 50s...very clearly drunk upon arrival (thus the horrendous snoring). I don't know that he should've been let in to a common room in that state. Beyond that, the lower floor rooms are hotter and stuffier than the upper rooms. And some rooms that don't go deep through tunnels have poor noise insulation from outside.

Hello, sorry to hear that you were disturbed by some other guests in your rooms. We can always try our best to move to other rooms if they are not suitable and hope all efforts were made if you discussed these points with our reception team. Best wishes - Generator London.

17th Sep 2016

really nice and clean hostel, good location! kind of expensive to eat and drink there. I was in a 4 person shared room and it was quite small with nowhere to really put my bag (my bag is big because Im travelling for a long time). lovely staff, would stay here again.

• Estonia, All Female Group, 25-30
16th Sep 2016

I stayed with two friends in all female dorm and we enjoyed our stay. The room was cleaned every day and the room was quiet so you could actually sleep during the night if you wanted to although there is a bar in the hotel. The girls bathroom looked a bit messy after the "peak" times, but that's understandable. The staff was super helpful and nice and the location is really convenient.

Hey thanks for your review. The bathrooms are cleaned multiple times a day, hopefully they were done just after the peak time. Glad you enjoyed the female only dorm, hope to see you again. Best wishes - Generator London.

• Thailand, Female, 25-30
15th Sep 2016
2.3

All services were bad. Some of staffs were not willing to help and answer questions. And there was only one lift for the whole building which was extremly full in the morning. It took more than a half hour to wait when everybody was checking out at the same time. Terrible toilets and shower rooms. The worst hostel ever.

Hello, we are extremely disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Yes we do only have one lift, usually in the mornings we also have a doorman who is more than happy to help guests with their luggage if they prefer to take the stairs. Your feedback has been shared with our management team. Best wishes - Generator London.

13th Sep 2016

Huge hostel with a central location! Ten minute walk to kings cross, which is why I stayed there as the tube goes straight to Heathrow. Near buses and the tube so it's very easy to get around. I was only there for one night so can't comment on the nightlife, but the hostel itself was clean and had great facilities. Nice beds with huge under bed lockers. Only problem I had was that I had to pay £5 for a locker in the luggage room when I wanted to leave my stuff and they didn't lock the room.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Yes the underground is so handy to get to and from Heathrow airport. Hopefully next time you are in London you could stay with us for a bit longer. Best wishes - generator London.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2016

Was a nice hostel.. Great location.. Walking distance to three different tube stations with different lines so easy to get around! The food in the bar was amazing!!! The common areas were really cool and chic.. However the rooms are basic hostel rooms.. Nothing too fancy but I'd stay there again!

11th Sep 2016

I've stayed here on three seperate occasions and would return again. Such a great location, the staff always on the ball, one small minor note is that I would love power points near the beds in dorms but all in all I love this hostel and recomend to travellers finding themselves in London!

Hey! Thanks so much for recommending us to others, it is great that you were able to spend another holiday with us. Best wishes - Generator London.