8.4
Fabulous 4,184 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 4,184 Total Reviews
Generator Hostel London Located at Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London.
England
London WC1H 9SE Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1
84% 4184
51.5262476 -0.1249051
    Rooms available

16th Jan 2017

Brilliant Location & Hostel but Lacking Plug Sockets Near Beds.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

Pretty good hostel, location was really and staff were really friendly. Only issue was that there very few plug points for charging phones etc in my room and none were near the beds. Overall though I'd definitely return

Dear guest, unfortunately there is not an outlet for each bed in the rooms but we do have charging station next to reception and plenty of outlets in all the common areas. We are happy you enjoyed our location and had a good experience with our really friendly staff. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to welcome you back. Best wishes - Generator London

• Croatia, Female, 25-30
6th Jan 2017
5.7

Room extremly small for 10 people, very dirty and leaking from the cealing on the beds. Toilets have not been working for 4 days so we had to use the ones one floor under us. Reception staff very rude and useless. Bar and restaurant were good and the food was very tasty. Good location.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback - your opinion is very important to us. We are sorry you felt that way and has sent your comments through to management. Thank you for staying with us. Best wishes - Generator London

4th Jan 2017

I was just coming from the Generator Paris so I think that experience influenced my perception of this Generator location. Decor and facilities on ground floor (lobby, bar, restaurant area, etc.) is very nice, well decorated, nice bar. There's a pool table and more than enough lounge space, which was cool. I really disliked my room: while it was decently clean, it was a tiny room, smelled and had bunk beds. I had paid for a private room and would've preferred a full bed to myself.

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. Yes Paris is newer than us so you would have noticed some differences. Your comments have shared with our management team, we hope we can have the opportunity to see you again in the future. Best wishes, Generator London.

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

I only stayed here for one night, but I have zero complaints! Great place to stay

Dear guest thank you for your great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay - we hope to welcome you back again soon!

31st Dec 2016

The best hostel i ever been!

• Singapore, Male, 41+
30th Dec 2016
7.4

The location was the only positive thing about the hostel - very close to Russell Square tube station. The negatives: 1) There is NO heater in the room. The hot air only comes via a ceiling vent a couple of hours a night. When I complained, they said they could provide me with an extra blanket. That is not the point - It should NOT be cold in the rooms. 2) The toilets are very dirty, and locks are mostly broken. 3) The showers have only a curtain, and you hang your stuff outside it. Good luck!

• Hungary, Male, 31-40
30th Dec 2016

I had a really good time staying there. A hostel I can absolutely recommend to others.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016

Stayed here for one night in between christmas and new year. I work in a hostel myself, so i know what to expect from a hostel stay but this was pretty crazy, drunk people running around screaming. Staff at reception were lovely though, and told me I was in a female dorm. I've never really bothered about mixed or female dorms before but it was absolute heaven, so clean and tidy and no snoring haha. I'd just had surgery that morning so needed to rest. Would stay again!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Dec 2016
7.4

The hostel had a great atmosphere and we all danced away the night in the bar. The staff were really nice, creating a personal experience! Just remember to bring your own towel as it is 5 pounds to rent one! Sometimes the bathrooms on the 5th floor were flooded and the toilets didn't work, however they were always fixed by the morning. I would also maybe recommend that the hostel invest in a common area computer or something as I didn't have access for Christmas! However I enjoyed it very much!