Generator Hostel Prenzlauer Berg Reviews

Storkowerstrasse 160 (Off Landsberger Allee), Berlin, Germany

I really enjoyed this sort time in the hostel. The staff was very kind;) the only things was disturb me ut's the bed was unconfortable. But it's ok:) all the bedt for the team:)

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Hungary

some staff seems tired, some are very friendly.

Hello Maria, thanks a lot for taking the time to write a short review about your stay in Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. We are happy that you liked it here and hope that not all of our staff made the impression to be a little tired. See you soon. Regards. Ronny Spilka. Front Office Supervisor

Far from centre. Shared showers with only a curtain and no where to change. No luggage room so had to pay for a locker. Huge hostel, no much atmosphere while I was there. Cheap but not too cheerful.

Hello Maria, thanks a lot for taking the time to write a short review about your stay in Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. We'll hope that you'll give us the chance for another stay and we can explain you how to get to the centre within 10 minutes. Regards. Ronny Spilka. Front Office Supervisor

Located in the East of Berlin with good transport links to Central (will take you about 30 mins though). Trams to Fredrichshain leave regularly and will take 10 minutes. No kitchen on site but they offer food at an extra cost.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking time to give us a feedback to your stay. We are happy to hear that you had a good time with us in Berlin. We hope to get another chance to welcome you again. Best wishes - Melanie, Ass. Front Office Manager

Could do with more staff at the bar in busy times.

Hello Maria, thanks a lot for taking the time to write a short review about your stay in Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. We are happy that you liked it here and hope to welcome you back soon to show you that there will be more people working at the bar. Regards. Ronny Spilka. Front Office Supervisor

Really enjoyed my stay. Its a big place.

Dear Guest, thank you very much for writing us a feedback to your stay. We are glad to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us in Berlin. We hope to see you soon. Best wishes - Melanie, Ass. Front Office Manager

Very good hostel, great bar and beer garden good atmosphere really enjoyed it

• 9th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello Maria, thanks a lot for taking the time to write a short review about your stay in Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. We are happy that you liked it here and hope to welcome you back soon. Regards. Ronny Spilka. Front Office Supervisor

We had a great experience at the hostel even for a couple of things. The bathrooms are full of insects like mosquitos and wasps and they didn't smell so good sometimes, and the waitress of the bar was so slowly and she dindn't take care of us very well. The breakfast was so nice!

It wasn't clean at all. Dead flies everywhere and rubbish in my room. I have seen sooo many hostels cheaper than this and perfectly clean. You can't check out and leave your luggage there. You have to pay at least 5€ for it. No locker left in my room for me which was annoying and the people at guest services didn't care at all. I guess it is too big.l The only thing Iiked Was the atmosphere . But at least 11pm you can't go into the hostel without guys screaming at you. .

• 2nd Aug 2015

Hello Shisel, thanks a lot for taking the time to write a short review about your stay in Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. We are happy that you liked the atmosphere and hope to welcome you back soon to convince you that we improved our cleaning service. Regards. Ronny Spilka. Front Office Supervisor

Worst hostel I've stayed in my life. Terrible staff who didn't help even find a cheap supermarket, no use of kitchen, I couldn't bring food from outside, no luggage room... This company is a money-spinner who doesn't care about proving proper customer service and caring about its clients. Never again.

Hello Nicolas, thanks for taking the time to give a review about your stay in Generator Prenzlauer Berg. I feel sorry, that you did feel like no one took care of you enough. Maybe you'll give us the chance one day to take the care of you you feel comfortable with or you will also try our house in Berlin Mitte. Regards. Ronny Spilka Front Office Manager

This hostel is not very familiar, intimate, is not like a hostel is a real hotel with another concept, everything is strict, planificated, the staff is too serious, i think they are stressful cause many people go there, they are always busy so they dont have special worker with enough time to guide and show to the clients, another thing that i dont like is the location is far for the center and it was dramatic when i went out and need to come back, well for the rest is clean and safe.

The hostel is really close to metro and tram station which is really good to reach places in Berlin. The hostel is big and offer facilities, it was very clean and good mood. The breakfast is 4euros but there is a lot of options and for us totally worth it!

The showers could use more cleaning, otherwise pretty well done with the housekeeping.

I had a pleasant stay here, it was not as dirty as some of the reviews led me to believe and the shower curtains are really a non issue. Not great location for checking out the sights of the city but going out in freidrichshain from here was a breeze

We enjoyed our time in Berlin and this hostel was certainly a part of that. The staff was very friendly and helped with anything we asked. They were extremely busy the day we checked in and our bed linens had not been changed from the previous tenets, but as soon as we brought this to the staff's attention they apologized and sent someone up right away. The hostel itself is a bit far from the city center, but the M5 and M6 run right next to the hostel. Make sure to stop by the in house bar!

Has a lot of potential, but they closed the kitchen early due to lack of staff. Some guests were smoking inside yet there were no consequences apart from being told not to. Lots of arcade games and a good bar. Bathrooms are dirty. Check out was simple. Have to pay to leave luggage. English breakfast which was much appreciated.

I had the best week here! I stayed here during the Boiler Room live recording and it was so much fun. It's a very social hostel and everyone hangs out in the bar or outside or goes out together to the underground clubs. There are a number of common areas, vending machines and cheap bar food and drinks. The location isn't great, but the atmosphere makes up for it.. and the train station is just next door. Very clean and well set out, as you would expect from Generator.

Can't really beat this hostel for the price paid. It is very large and aimed at the younger crowd, which is fine as it has a party atmosphere to it which caters for that audience. Having said that the place is very clean, has good shower and toilet facilities and is about a 30 min s-bahn ride to Landsberger allee, where it is unmissable. Good priced drinks and food in a cosy bar make this a good choice.

Big hostel with 900 beds. Placed sort of on the outskirts of the city but the s-bahn and tram stops right next to it so it's easy to get around. They have a bar and ok meeting facilities. But too commercial compared to the more intimate smaller hostels I'm used to. So basically you get what you pay for and I think it's the kind of place young people stay after visiting the vibrant nightlife in Berlin.

The hostel was right next to train station and so location was convenient. Staffs were pretty efficient and quick despite a lot of people waiting. Price was good and overall stay was good.

• 29th Jul 2015