Generator Hostel Prenzlauer Berg Reviews

Storkowerstrasse 160 (Off Landsberger Allee), Berlin, Germany

2028 Total Reviews

Except for just having wifi on the reception, the hostel has a GREAT benefit cost.

• 15th Dec 2014

We are really pleased with staying at your hostel It was really clean and comfortable. Except of showers!!!! Extremally hot or cold.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Poland

I didnt like location which was not good. It was far to center. You need to use train. Rooms was so clean. Staff was nice. Hostel have a lot games such as billiards but of course you have to pay money.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Wifi is really bad

nice place.. but too many people ..

During construction parts of the lounge are closed. Heavy noise makes it impossible to talk. Breakfast "coffee" is made from instant preprodruct with probably a few coffee beans. Generator is charging for the luguage room, whoch they didn´t last year.

• 8th Nov 2014

It was a pretty good hostel, but the wi fi signal didn't reach our room. O hostel é bom, mas o sinal do wifi não chegava no quarto

It is a beautiful hostel, very modern and new. It is very big and with lots of people. However people don't speak with each other and they all stay in groups, probably because it is so big.

• 7th Nov 2014

Okay hostel if you just want to sleep for the night. Not many opportunities of socializing. Lockers in the room are not lockable. All lights turn ON by a single switch. SO if you are on the upper bunk bed and someone drops in late at night, not only do you wake up, but the bright lights will be hard to escape.

Was a little annoyed that work was being done without any prior notice. Sanding walls down whilst eating breakfast and having asthma is not good! Could have been pre warned. Wanted to chill out downstairs and the sound of drills and the smell made it that I couldn't. Bar was why I booked and that didn't even stock wine. And was literally just the bar and couldn't access other areas. Otherwise good stay and no other complaints. Just wished I was pre notified about the amount of work going on.

• 26th Oct 2014

There is no kitchen, only cafe. Hostel is large with restaurant and disco. More about making money, than providing true hospitality. No atmosphere. Probably good for students looking for disco. Not for me. If i stay at hostel, i expect a kitchen. I don't have a budget for restaurants and cafes all day.

It was good for what it was. A place to sleep, meet people and just simply relax. The only complaint I may have, is that the Wi-Fi had some trouble, as it kept disconnecting my phone, but I do believe that was a known issue, so I hope it get fixed.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I have stayed at this hostel on many occasions and always enjoyed it, the location isn't completely central in Berlin but once you get a hang of how the trains and trams work it isn't a problem. The staff are fantastic and very helpful and the bar has great offers on food and drink every day. There is a great Italian restaurant with fantastic value food and drinks 100 metres away and a Mexican restaurant even closer. Highly recommend staying here if visiting Berlin

It was ok but not the best place to meet people. I didn't like to pay 5 euros for 12 hours of lockers and that the wifi internet is onko downstairs.

Just bathroom need to be cleaner

Hi, many thanks for your feedback and I am really glad that you had a good time with us! Please accept my apology that you felt that the bathroom wasn`t clean enough - cleanliness is our utmost priority! I hope to be able to welcome you to our hostel again in the very near future, Babeta Schneiderova General Manager

Not a bad place all in all. But it just feels like an institution. The bar doesn't open till 5!!!! Comfy beds and helpful and friendly staff.

Nothing fancy, but had some character and was well-priced.

• 18th Sep 2014

far from the where the happening is. it's a big hostel. good thing was that staff was really helpful. it was frustrating not to be able to bring food and drinks from outside. i was able to make friends though by hangin out right outside infront the hostel.

Spend 3 nigths there, very kind staff and a great bar!

Location is good as it is close to the train station. Easy access tothe city. But too noisy at night. Had to pay to store my luggage after check out for €5. Curtain for shower is not enough to cover the gap. So pple could see you naked having your shower. Internet not working in my room.