Generator Hostel Prenzlauer Berg Reviews

Storkowerstrasse 160 (Off Landsberger Allee), Berlin, Germany

1922 Total Reviews

Awful. Awful. Awful. Soulless. Lousy staff in the tiny reception. Location dreadful. Check-in took forever. Cramped room with very basic facilities. I was overcharged for my stay - booked through the website but despite my receipt saying I had 53 Euros to pay and no more, I was charged 55. Bar facilities overpriced and tacky. And above all - NOISY. I was continually woken up by other guests coming in, singing etc. right through the night. Sound-proofing non-existent.

• 12th Apr 2014

Clean, simple, good location (if you know Berlin and how to get around). Lack of lockers in room, only lockable, but moveable storage containers under the bed, which is a hazardous way to place luggage in terms of the risk of spreading bedbugs.

Hostel for young people. Location is not the best. Also everything costs extra. I would not recommend.

Perfect hostel, good localized, really clean, great staff. only problem is that they don`t have a kitchen

Everything was really great, all the people who are working there.. they're all nice. Thanks !

Good value for price. However a bit far from main attractions in Berlin. Tram/Tube station close by but you have to count a 20 minute ride. Rooms and beds are OK. Good price value overall. Will return to Generators hostels.

the hostel is right at a S-bahn station, not 5 minutes walk, it is CLOSER!!!

I have already stayed with Danish groups several years in a row. Generator is a good choice for those who want inexpensive lodging. I stayed in a 4 bed room. If there is a problem it is the others who stay. Some people have their gear all over the place and late comers are expected but not always so considerate. I don't expect the impossible but some people are gods unto themselves. The lockers are good not only for security but for keeping stuff off the floor. The beds squeek but otherwise ..

The hostel is clean but some staff are not helpful. When I ask for where to get drinking water, the lady at the counter said to me 'I don't know'. Vendor machines in the hostel sell items of very expensive price.

Value for the money.

the location is not as bad as other people said:of course it's not in the center but it's berlin and there is an excellent public transport so u can reach alexanderplatz in 15 minutes. common areas are good but lack atmosphere, the wi-fi is good. it's so big that's it's extremely difficult (if not impossible) to meet people, because the bar it's not well organised.if you are just looking for a cheap place to stay this is the place for you

Good hostel, the only bad thing are the showers, are festival shower like... no wifi in the rooms, the breakfast is a bit overpriced. I will repeat anyways

It was generally a good stay. The neon lights are a bit crazy...location isn't too bad because there is a subway stop around the corner...the wifi worked very well...I would stay here again.

Great, clean and friendly place. Quite large for a hostel and with great facilities. More like a hotel though.

I think everything was OK in this Hostel.

worst hostel ever. worst atmosphere. worst thinking. not even one little detail. so big and not even a kitchen

good location, amazing clean and cheap!

Nothing to say. The place is Ok. The cost is really good.

My room was very clean and a good size. The staff were extremely helpful in sorting out our booking mishap (my fault) - cheers guys! This place is huge - so a free shower/toilet is always available. It is situated super close to the metro which is the best way to get around Berlin. However since this hostel is so big it takes big tour group bookings which is all good except we had some really noisy teenagers talking in the corridors all night. Would love to see cheaper food prices too.

The location is great, next to the S-Bahn, trams and close to the U-bahn, you can rent bicycles or walk. The fernsehturm is about a 30-40 min walk. We had a private double, which was small, but cheap and clean. So the price-value was good. The breakfast is very standard and In my opinion to expensive. Nice coffee-places and spots to have a good breakfast are a 10 min walk away. The bar felt a bit forced but then again you don't want to stay in your hostel bar when you're in Berlin!