Generator Hostel Prenzlauer Berg

Very Good 2648 Total Reviews

• Finland, All Male Group, 25-30
9th Feb 2017
5.7

The room was barren, without any tables, lamps or even a hook to hang your coat. The keycards kept failing. The washroom was cramped and inconveniently far down the hall. Everything good at breakfast costed extra. The location was easily reached, but the time between trams there on Saturday night was very long. The common area and bar were comfortable, at least. The booking fee was not refunded from the bill.

7th Feb 2017

Staff was friendly and I got to know them decently quick because I'm highly forgetful, but their patience levels equalled my forgetfulness. This place was always clean, or being cleaned. No open kitchen but they do have a full open bar and meals available to order. The bar is a great value, there's a tram station that runs to Revaler Rd right around the corner, and there are food places surrounding the hostel. Be nice to Anastasia and Bianca, or I'll find you.

Dear Guest, thanks for your review. We hope to see you again soon. Damien for Reception

• Scotland, Male, 41+
30th Jan 2017

I was very impressed by the standard of cleanliness of the hostel. I felt secured and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was simple but good. While the hostel was a bit far away from the centre of Berlin, there were regular trams and S-bahn links to all the main tourist spots in and around Berlin plus a direct line to the airport. Overall I felt I got very good value for money and I would recommend this hostel to anyone on a budget package.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2016

The bathroom is a bit small and the showers have only a curtain to separate you from the other people there. Apart from that, the hostel is huge, the atmosphere is awesome and you'll meet amazing people. I loved it and will definitely come back.

Dear Guest, we are so happy to read that you had a great time. Maybe you ll come back in summer for our beer garden. Happy new year again, Damien for Reception

• Sebastianrobare
  • Chile, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2016
6.9

All ok, but it doesn't have any kitchen option. So what you're saving are wasting if your idea is to preparé something by yourself. More like a hotel than a hostel. The place is good and good conected

Dear guest, we are sorry you thought we had a kitchen, but we hope you still had a good time. We would like to wish you an happy new year and maybe you come and visit our beer garden in summer. Damien for reception

• India, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
6.3

There were no plug points and the common toilet was so far from dorm. Toilets are also not that clean. It's okay just okay!

Dear Guest, we are sorry to read, that your stay was not up to the standard expected. We are in progress of refurbishment. Maybe you will give us another chance. Damien for Reception

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Dec 2016
7.4

Shower temperature needs fixing on 4th floor. Other than that, very good.

Dear Guest, we are sorry for the shower issue. We fixed it all last week. happy new year Damien from Reception

• magicconch84
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Dec 2016
5.7

Generator has no character, 1st night I was there people in my room were drinking an obscene amount and one of them pissed in the hallway. That's not the fault of generator--except a staff member saw him pissing in the hallway, brought him back to the room and only mentioned politely that they shouldn't smoke cigs inside. Don't worry about pissing in the hallway or anything that's fine. The next night somehow the same blokes were still there and this time they pissed on the floor instead.

Dear Guest, we are sorry to read you. We will investigate and try our best to find out what happened. We are very sorry. Regards, we would like to wish you an happy new year. Regards Damien from Reception

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Dec 2016
7.4

The hostel was fine for the price... Just standard dorm room style... But if you want a decent shower (i.e. one that you can stand under for more than 10 seconds without having to step out from under the stream because it's scolding hot or absolutely freezing cold), then I wouldn't choose this hostel!

Dear Guest, we are sorry for the water and heating issues. We had a big problem but we fixed it now. Happy new year. Damien from Reception

• Australia, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

I'm self conscious of my body parts so had trouble showering in the open with nothing but a bit of curtain blowing around between me and the other guests. But hey, welcome to Europe ;)

Dear Guest, thanks for your review. we wish you an happy new year! Damien Reception