Generator Hostel Prenzlauer Berg Reviews

Storkowerstrasse 160 (Off Landsberger Allee), Berlin, Germany

2070 Total Reviews

It is a beautiful hostel, very modern and new. It is very big and with lots of people. However people don't speak with each other and they all stay in groups, probably because it is so big.

Okay hostel if you just want to sleep for the night. Not many opportunities of socializing. Lockers in the room are not lockable. All lights turn ON by a single switch. SO if you are on the upper bunk bed and someone drops in late at night, not only do you wake up, but the bright lights will be hard to escape.

Was a little annoyed that work was being done without any prior notice. Sanding walls down whilst eating breakfast and having asthma is not good! Could have been pre warned. Wanted to chill out downstairs and the sound of drills and the smell made it that I couldn't. Bar was why I booked and that didn't even stock wine. And was literally just the bar and couldn't access other areas. Otherwise good stay and no other complaints. Just wished I was pre notified about the amount of work going on.

• 26th Oct 2014

There is no kitchen, only cafe. Hostel is large with restaurant and disco. More about making money, than providing true hospitality. No atmosphere. Probably good for students looking for disco. Not for me. If i stay at hostel, i expect a kitchen. I don't have a budget for restaurants and cafes all day.

It was good for what it was. A place to sleep, meet people and just simply relax. The only complaint I may have, is that the Wi-Fi had some trouble, as it kept disconnecting my phone, but I do believe that was a known issue, so I hope it get fixed.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I have stayed at this hostel on many occasions and always enjoyed it, the location isn't completely central in Berlin but once you get a hang of how the trains and trams work it isn't a problem. The staff are fantastic and very helpful and the bar has great offers on food and drink every day. There is a great Italian restaurant with fantastic value food and drinks 100 metres away and a Mexican restaurant even closer. Highly recommend staying here if visiting Berlin

It was ok but not the best place to meet people. I didn't like to pay 5 euros for 12 hours of lockers and that the wifi internet is onko downstairs.

Just bathroom need to be cleaner

Hi, many thanks for your feedback and I am really glad that you had a good time with us! Please accept my apology that you felt that the bathroom wasn`t clean enough - cleanliness is our utmost priority! I hope to be able to welcome you to our hostel again in the very near future, Babeta Schneiderova General Manager

1 2 Next » last »