Generator Hostel Prenzlauer Berg Reviews

Storkowerstrasse 160 (Off Landsberger Allee), Berlin, Germany

2056 Total Reviews

I have stayed at this hostel on many occasions and always enjoyed it, the location isn't completely central in Berlin but once you get a hang of how the trains and trams work it isn't a problem. The staff are fantastic and very helpful and the bar has great offers on food and drink every day. There is a great Italian restaurant with fantastic value food and drinks 100 metres away and a Mexican restaurant even closer. Highly recommend staying here if visiting Berlin

It was ok but not the best place to meet people. I didn't like to pay 5 euros for 12 hours of lockers and that the wifi internet is onko downstairs.

Just bathroom need to be cleaner

Hi, many thanks for your feedback and I am really glad that you had a good time with us! Please accept my apology that you felt that the bathroom wasn`t clean enough - cleanliness is our utmost priority! I hope to be able to welcome you to our hostel again in the very near future, Babeta Schneiderova General Manager

Not a bad place all in all. But it just feels like an institution. The bar doesn't open till 5!!!! Comfy beds and helpful and friendly staff.

Nothing fancy, but had some character and was well-priced.

• 18th Sep 2014

far from the where the happening is. it's a big hostel. good thing was that staff was really helpful. it was frustrating not to be able to bring food and drinks from outside. i was able to make friends though by hangin out right outside infront the hostel.

Spend 3 nigths there, very kind staff and a great bar!

Location is good as it is close to the train station. Easy access tothe city. But too noisy at night. Had to pay to store my luggage after check out for €5. Curtain for shower is not enough to cover the gap. So pple could see you naked having your shower. Internet not working in my room.

Great service, but the bathroom was very dirty.

Cool, just that on the whole of the ground floor there was a strong smell of trash.

Overall the hostel was very good showers were always clean good facilities. Wifi was a bit hit and miss at times and computers in common room only 1 was working when we were there. Also the lockers in our room were a bit battered.

I've travelled a lot, and this is definitely one of the best - if not the best - hostel I've ever been to, not to mention an amazing deal for the price.

Thanks for the great feedback. We really appreciate hearing it! At Generator Berlin Prenzlauer Berg we have been renovating and training to ensure we continue to offer a great stay. Thanks again Babeta, General Manager

Is this place a joke? I showed up early and my impression was so negative I decided to check out and try my luck with a different hostel. Seems to be located in the middle of nowhere, no good food. Staff was unwelcoming (though this seems par for the course in Berlin) and I had to pay to store my stuff until check-in time. No internet available in the rooms, only in the lobby. A lot of older people/kids/british tattoo enthusiasts here. Wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

1 2 Next » last »