Generator Paris

Fabulous 2454 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 2454 Total Reviews

23rd Jul 2017

The rooms and beds were fantastic and top-notch. Place is close to the metro station. As a non smoker, I found the smoking area positioned in the middle of the place unavoidable and obnoxious. I was also bummed that the rooftop was closed 2 out of the 3 days I stayed. Overall it's a great hostel and I would recommend staying.

Hi. Thank you for your time to review us. We are happy to hear that you liked our facilities. Hope to see you soon with your friends! ;-) Rebecca & the Gen team

22nd Jul 2017

Fantastic hostel! Stayed in a 8 bed female dorm that exactly matched the picture and beds are comfy. Great location the metro line 2 is right outside which was super convenient. The ladies at the front desk are okay not super friendly but the guy who rings you up at breakfast was so nice, funny and helpful!! I would stay again! They do not let you bring in outside food or liquor which was lame!

22nd Jul 2017

Amazing hostel but a bit far from attractions

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
5.4

Restaurant and bar was very expensive and there was no kitchen facilities or some where to fill water bottles. Security were aggressive at times.

5.4

Stayed there for 3 nights, initial checkin was quick and easy. Room itself was fairly clean until you looked closely, floors were pretty dusty, and had lots of little bits along the wall, shower had some black mould along the edges, and the sheets had a odd odour. The cafe / restaurant was poorly ran as well, went there for lunch one day and placed an order only to wait 20 minutes to be told they didn't have what we orders available. Neighbourhood was sketch as well, and loud at night.

• LaCalvache
  • Colombia, Female, 25-30
8.0

It's a great hostel, very nice facilities, clean, nice rooms. However I think the staff could be just a little bit "warmer". It lacks that hostel feel. Its more like a hotel with dormitories. When I checked in I informed the reception attendant that I would stay an extra night, she didn't note it on the system, so I had to pack up and put my stuff in storage for the day while the assigned me a new room. I wish they were a little nicer about it. Besides that it is conveniently located.

• modfatherofpool
  • England, Male, 41+

Fabulous hostel. Clean. Central. Perfect

WOW! Thank you so much for the perfect score! We hope to see you again soon, and bring a friend! Have a lovely day Rebecca & the Gen team

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
6.0

Overpriced and underwhelming. Had multiple issues with the amenities and our room. Location is a little out of the way if you're doing typical tourist sites. Wouldn't recommend.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2017

My first hostel and it was great. Others said they came from bad hostels and that this was on the luxury side of hostels. Would use them in other places around Europe. Staff was great and very helpful. I recommend doing the free tour as well.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed Gen spirit. And as you mention, there are 12 Generators around Europe. It will be amazing to collect Generator experience! Thank you again for your stay and hope to see you soon :) Rebecca & the Gen team

• Palau, Couple, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

Overall our experience at this hostel was brilliant, the only problem was the fact there seemed to be a recurring issue with rooms being double booked. This lead to us having to repackage our luggage at 1.30am and leave the room due to us noticing there was someone's stuff in our bed.