Generator Venice Reviews

Fondamenta della Croce, 84-86, Giudecca, Venice, Veneto, Italy

the staff was pretty un knowledgable about the surrounding area. we payed a ridiculous amount for no breakfast included. it was close to the ferry but across the main canal so you had to take a ferry anytime you wanted to get the the main area in San Marco

It was a nice stay although nothing extraordinary. They take way too long for check in. But overall a fun stay

Overall good hostel. Don't worry about the fact that it's not on the same island as Venice. It's basically like being across the street, except the street is water. You just take a vaparetto one stop across, and the view from the hostel is Venice! Mostly clean. Beds were comfy. Towel rental was 4.50 which is ridiculous. No kitchen, and you're not supposed to bring in outside food. Room was really cramped compared to other hostels, but ok. Shower is in open bathroom with just frosted door.

I stayed in 14-bed dormitory, it probably too cramped to squeeze so many people in such small room. The room is quite new and well maintain. Have to take water bus most of the time as the majority of the attractions are on the opposite side.

The hostel is in Giudecca and there is a water bus stop really close to the building. The atmosphere is great, just like the decoration of the bar and communal areas. The rooms (and the hole hostel) is very clean and spacious. The beds are awesome and have an individual light and plug (which is great). The only thing that I can complain is about the bathroom stall made from glass with some dark parts, because is really awkward to shower and think that anyone that comes in is seeing you there.

Staff who works at night were not kind. They were not friendly unlike other Hostel. But the facilities were great. Everything wes new and comportable. Moreover I recommand to eat breakfast outside. 4 Euro is unsuitable for it. If room rate is only under 25 Euro , it is ok.

The price itself is expensive compared to other hostels, but it's worth the cost. It was more like a hotel than a hostel. Don't try any other place to stay but here whilst you're visiting Venezia.

Had a great time!

1 of the bests hostels I've ever stayed in my life. Superb staff, clean facilities, everything beautiful and sparkling new, nice bar with craft beer, no bedbugs, light and power outlet in your bed, very comfy beds and sheets. Breakfast for EUR4 is ok, could be better. Location on Giudecca makes mandatory taking a Vaporetto, so prepare to spend. Showers are good. Would stay there again!!!

Edmir at reception was amazing!

Looks wise it's a nice hostel, new renovations with new facilities. That's pretty much the only positives. Staff we're rude and very unfriendly, the rooms are very tightly packed with beds, the bar had no atmosphere whatsoever as it will filled with school kids until 1 am in the morning. Bathrooms didn't lock, location isn't that central and the breakfast u pay for isn't worth it. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Awesome beds, Great vibes, and very clean! Crappy you couldnt bring your own food and the bathroom situation was kinda annoying.

Look if you want a good view comfy beds but very expensive beer Stay here and really good showers

• 29th Mar 2014
  • India

I was in a 5 bed room with a nice window on the Laguna di Venezia. The room was very good and clean with confortable beds and a very big bathroom. Location, Atmosphere, Staff... everything is very good!

I really enjoyed this hostel and I think it's your best choice if you're a young person staying in venice, I met lots of cool people and the atmosphere was really relaxed. The lobby was especially fun to chill out in. The one thing I would say is if you really value your privacy this might not be the place for you

I have a friend who decided after this hostel to do an entire trip based on Generator Hostel locations, and I understand why. This hostel was clean and new with the allusion of privacy even in the bigger rooms. The staff was incredibly helpful--pointing us around the city and recommending different things--and I would recommend this place to anyone!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The bed was like sleeping on an extremely clean cloud. I don't know why people complain about he location, the island of Guidecca is lovely and has such a local atmosphere. No matter which island you stay on, you'll have to purchase water bus tickets to get around anyway. The staff was extremely helpful and nice, always willing to help. I absolutely loved his place and I will come back again!

• 26th Mar 2014

I had a really nice time in Venice, this hostel is nearby the sea, so you will have an awesome view of the city every time you go out. I arrived 4 hours before check in to the hostel, and thus I had to wait for more than 2 hours in the lobby, in fact, a really comfortable one, which has wifi connection and a bar, so it wasnt that bad. Guys at the reception were very helpful all the time. Rooms are really good as well. I will definitely come back and recommend this hostel.

very nice, clean and amazing staff. no kitchen!

It was a great hostel - the second Generator hostel that I have stayed in. The lounge area was great and the breakfast was nice too for an extra price. Be aware though the the hostel (located on Giudecca) is not attached to main islands at all, and so the only way to get there is by ferry. We arrived on a day of a ferry strike so it was close to impossible to get to the hostel unless you want to be ripped off by a taxi boat.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6