Generator Venice Reviews

Fondamenta della Croce, 84-86, Giudecca, Venice, Italy

If you can afford to spend a night here then it is definitely worth it! The hostel is one of the most impressive we've been to. Our room had a view out across the water and the hostel bar is a great way to get talking to people in the evening. It is worth noting that the hostel isn't on the main island in Venice so you have to get the boat to and from the hostel. This costs €7 for a single ticket so longer travel passes are worth looking into.

Hostel is super new and nice! The 16 bed room is cramped and the other people we were sharing with were filthy. Location is amazing - best view of Venice!

Rooms were super clean and modern. Though the restroom had leaky showers but that wasn't an issue. Staff weren't particularly helpful or friendly but did the job. Location wasn't fantastic either but ferries ran every twenty minutes during the day so it wasn't too much of a hassle to get around. Overall well worth the price and would stay there again.

Dear M, thanks for posting a great review to share with fellow travellers. All you comment have been taken on board. Safe travels Fabio Moccia General Manager

You definitely get a bang for your buck. However, some tips: the stop's name on the ferry is Zitelle. Take a picture of the schedules and arrive 5-10mins early to get on bc they often arrive early and depart early. This is esp important at night when the next one comes in 35min to an hour. The hostel says something different on the brick but it's the only hostel there so easy to find. The property is modern and quite beautiful. I did run into a lack of paper towels but everything was clean.

• 10th Jul 2014

Dear Guest thanks very much for sharing your positive feedback and travelling tips with other travellers. The Hostel has re-opened on June 2013 after a full renovation, all the interiors are design led where everybody can meet, socialize and have a good time. We are located on the Giudecca Island and within minutes you can get to St. Mark square. Vaporetto runs 24/7, but at night every 35/40 minutes, whilst during the day every 10 min. Regards Fabio Moccia General Manager

My sister and I loved Generator Venice!!..we stayed in the double room with private bathroom and it was stunning. The hostel is directly opposite the main heart of venice and is extremely easy to access by boat. The view from the hostel is also very beautiful. We only booked for 2 nights and wish we had stayed longer. I would definitely recommend this place

Dear Guest, Thanks for the stunning review! We look forward to seeing you next time. Ciao from Venice Fabio Moccia General Manager

I loved this hostel! At first I thought it was a rather expensive place to stay, especially because of the boat bus you will have to take to get there, but after staying here, I believe it is the best place to be. It is right on the other side of the water, so you can get away from the hectic touristic area of San Marco and just see actual Italian life going on. Also the hostel is amazing; great atmosphere, awesome chill out area, lots of people, and personally, perfect location.

I could not have been more satisfied with the Generator. The place was CLEAN, the staff were friendly, the bar had relatively cheap cocktails/drinks, the hostel is located ~1 min away from two vaporetto (waterbus) stations, the view of Venice is glorious, and there were lovely clean, modern bathrooms and a laundry facility. Security was top-notch, with video surveillance, 24-hour staff at the only entrance, and electronic room keys. My only complaint ia that I had only three nights to stay.

The generator was a great hostel. It was nice the beds were comfy the WiFi was good. It was on the other side away from the main part of venice but that is a quick 5 minute vaperreto ride away so it is in a great location and is easy to find. The staff were very helpful and the rooms had great space to lock your belongings away, comfortable beds and reading lights/power points for every bed as well. Was a great place to stay and would definitely recommend!

Dear Guest, thanks for the great feedback and especially for recommending us! see you next time for more good times, #GenLove Fabio Moccia General Manager

i felt the place wassa a little under staffed at times. We were all watching the World Cup and they only had one bar tender . He was doing his best to keep up but was not able too. I wanted soemthing from the pastry case by the reservation desk,I askd the young man running the front desk and he told me to get it from the bar tender. The front desk guy was on the computer with no customers nad the bartender was slammed and he would not offer to help. Also, the breakfast is terrible

Dear M, thanks very much for sharing your feedback. Apologies, if we have not matched the customer service standards. All you comments have been taken on board and shared with the team so that we avoid any future disappointments. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Regards Fabio Moccia General Manager

I stayed in a shared dorm. Bathrooms are shared and showers were really small and not as clean as I'd like them to be. Besides that the place has a great atmosphere with cheap drinks at night. Beds were comfortable and have charging docks which was great! The lockers under bed are spacious but you need your own padlock. They also have a secure luggage room and a (paid) locker for valuables in case you check out but want to leave luggage behind. All in all good stay for three days.

There are certain problems with big hostel chains, and Generator Venice falls victim to a bunch of them. Though the facilities are great, the building is nice, and the location is pretty good, staying at the hostel was a very impersonal experience. The hostel didn't go out of its way to build a community of travelers like the other hostels I have stayed at did, and that made a difference to me, especially in a city like Venice.

The only bad thing about this hostel is the location (it's not on the main island)

Dear A, thanks for the positive feedback on the hostel. It's a pity that you have not liked our location which is far from the touristy routes, but close enough to be minutes away from St. Mark square. Hope to welcome you in one of the other Generator Hostels around Europe All the best Fabio Moccia General Manager

The 16 bed dorm i stayed at on 3rd floor was dark n jammed, it was like a prison. No kitchen. Staff r over worked so they dont really care abt customers. View outside of hostel is amazing tho. 35 euros for a 16 bed dorm is extortion.

It's a really nice hostel but the bathrooms are terrible - why are the showers see through? Does not make any sense and is uncomfortable! And they were always flooded, out of things and messy. The staff are quite useless, you wait 10 minutes for a drink while they chat but the rooms are really good, it's in a nice spot looking out to main island but be prepared to pay for water taxis - bit disappointing for the price

Dear Guest, thank for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you loved the hostel, but rather disappointed that the staff has not offered a great service. Would you drop me an e-mail on fabio@generatorhostels.com so that it can be discussed with the team? As mentioned the hostel is right in front of the main island.To reach us is pretty easy and a lot cheaper via public transport that will also allow to visit all the other islands. Regards Fabio Moccia General Manag

This hostel has a really cool atmosphere and decor. It's not on Venice island itself but you can see St. Marco's Square from the waterfront view of the hostel, and it's a short waterbus ride to all the other sites. The lockers under beds could fit even my huge backpack but bring your own lock! The rooms have good beds and air conditioning, while the hall bathrooms are nice and clean.

Pretty much a hotel. Great location. Very clean hostel and very helpful staff. Atmosphere okay for someone travelling alone, better for people travelling in groups.

Dear Guest, thanks for the positive, this is what we work for and make our day. Happy you've enjoyed and loved the atmosphere. Look forward seeing you back in Venice Regards Fabio Moccia General Manager

Nice hostel. Easy to meet people at the bar, nice, social atmosphere. Bring a lock for lockers under the beds for your bag. Staff was reasonably helpful, weren't really able to recommend anything but tried. Vaporetto makes getting to venice easy and runs all the time. Would stay here again.

Dear Guest thanks for sharing your positive feedback about your stay at Generator Venice, and mostly glad that you've enjoyed the atmosphere and design. I am disappointed that the staff has not met your expectations, so it'd be great if you can share more info with me via e-mail on fabio@generatorhostels.com I wish you safe travel and look forward welcoming you back again in Venice Regards Fabio Moccia General Manager

The best Hostel we stayed in on our tour of Europe. Beautiful interior, great bar/community area and the waterfront outside the door is a great place to sit back and watch Venice. Only drawback is you need to take the ferry to get there, but this is the case in much of Venice and it keeps the large crowd of tourist at bay.

Great hostel, awesome location, loved having to get a vaperetto to go everywhere (make sure you get a pass and not buy individual tickets!) An awesome base to explore Venice from!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The hostel has a very cool lobby area with big screens, bar and snack bar. I stayed in a 16 bed mixed dorm and the beds were super comfortable, the room was clean, had working A/C and personal lockers for your luggage. It was a really nice stay. Even though it is located in La Giudecca, the vaporetto (water 'bus') takes you to the city center in around 25min. Definetly I'd recommend it for a nice stay in Venice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7