Generator Venice Reviews

Fondamenta della Croce, 84-86, Giudecca, Venice, Italy

Please be more friendly for the all staff, For the guest are very annoying so need a rule for them

I can say everything in this place is nice except it's located on the smaller island. When you go out and come back late, after midnight, the water bus route can be very limited or even confusing to get back to the island. Great staff, great setup.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • sunfirekiss

The location of the Hostel is across the main peninsula, which is a bit of a drag to get to since all the means of transportation are on boat. However, when you finally arrive to the hostel, you will absolutely adore it. Some of the staff are friendly, and others are straight Italian (cold and short). The people staying in the hostel were mostly fun travelers and the rooms were very spacious and clean. Also, the view is incredible, so make sure you request a nice bed!

Very rude, impersonal staff. No kitchen. Not a place to meet people. No locks on bathrooms. Comfy bed though and breakfast was not bad value.

Dear guest, I’d like to thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts after your stay with us at Generator Venice. I"m disappointed to hear that you feel we have not met your expectations on so many levels. Please be assured that this is not the kind of Service we aim to achieve for Generator guests. If you you’d like to discuss any aspect of your stay it would be great to talk. You can get me on: keti.camillo@generatorhostels.com. Kind regards Keti Camillo - Ops Manager

Very good hostel, staff and acommodations. Not in the main island, but just a stop away from it.

Could offer more facilities in terms of kitchen amenities. Maybe invest in own transport across to main land to make it cheaper for guests. Overall an incredible hostel. Will definatle reccommend.

• 7th Sep 2014

Dear Guest, Firstly can I thank you for taking some time to share your Generator experience with us. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated and will definitely be taken into consideration by the Team here. We really do hope to see you again in the future Best wishes Keti Camillo - Ops Manager Generator Venice

Lovely Hostel in a brilliant location Rooms are superb, really cool place to stay cafe service can be slow

• 7th Sep 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Dear guest, Firstly can I thank you for taking some time to share your Generator experience with us. We are often commended for our central location making us the perfect spot for tourist attractions. I really hope we will see you again when your next in Venice Best Wishes Keti Camillo - Ops Manager Generator Venice

clean and well kept hostel, but the lack of kitchen is a big drawback, as it makes the stay more expensive and there is no community life that usually evolves around food and sharing.

• 6th Sep 2014

Very fancy hostel with good facilities. The firm beds had partitions between them to improve privacy. Took about 20 mins on vaporetto 4.2 to get to the ferrovia which seems pretty long.

Dear P thanks very much for posting the reply. We are happy you had a pleasant stay in our hostel. Hope to welcome back here again. We wish you safe travels Best regards Fabio Moccia General Manager

Loved the atmosphere here very friendly staff! Location was ok, having to take the vaporetto to get here was easy enough however the cost of them at 20 euro each for 24hr was a bit steep - makes you want to just stay on venice main island to avoid more costs. Mixed room costs were cheap though and the view was lovely with st marks square directly opposite which took 5-10 mins to get to! Enjoyed my stay and would recommend as one of the best hostels I've been to, just a shame of the location!

The showers were messy and the lights in the bathroom kept turning itself off. And the lamp by the bed didn't work either.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The lounge area is definitely fancy and nice, but the women's bathroom was not. The most cleaning I saw was them taking out the trash. Otherwise, the bathroom was always dirty and wet and the fountains were clearly not cleaned either. (One of the faucets was broken ) The lights were automatic but would switch off even if you're in the bathroom showering. Also was a little weird that the shower was almost see through and the space was cramped so changing your clothes was very difficult. :(

Dear guest, I would like to thank you for getting back to us. We really appreciate your review. It will help us improve our performance and services and make each of our guests feel part of the Generator Hostels hospitality philosophy. I have also shared your review with Generator Hostel Venice cleaning staff. I can assure you that they are doing their best to fix them and make sure we meet your expectation next time you visit us. Kind regards Keti Ops Manager Generator Venice

The hostel has one of the most bars that I ve seen. Every one is at the bar in the evening. The location is off center so it's difficult to return late in the night. The staff are not the most helpful as they don't even give a free map of the city & r reluctant to answer ur queries.

It is very easy to get there taking the vaporetto and following their instructions, the facilities are perfectly fine but the only downside was that I found the staff kind of rude, they talked to me like I wasn't a guest paying for the services and I felt like I almost had to suck the owner's d*** in order to get a drink or food at the bar (but maybe I was just too sensitive those days)... oh right... the only staff member that I found nice and kind was the cute girl who speaks spanish

I had an amazing stay at Generator. At first I was a bit nervous about the location, but it ended up being my favorite part! The hostel looks out across the water to st marks square- it's an amazing view! Very social Super clean, big lockers in the rooms. Only downside was there is no kitchen, so you can't cool for yourself/ store food. There is a grocery store about 5 minutes away though. I would definitely recommend asking for a youth ferry pass if you are 18-29 to cut the cost for the ferry!

Awesome hostel!

Dear Guest, Thanks for your wonderful review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit again. Kind regards Keti Camillo Ops Manager Generator Venice

Generator is always a safe bet for hostels. The location can be a bit of a hassle, but you've got to buy the boat pass anyway to get around the city. Clean, comfortable, great amenities, nice staff. Breakfast sucks, don't waste 4€ on it.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for all the positive comments. Our breakfast is designed to be a good start to the day with a selection of fresh breads, cheese , ham, cereal, yogurt and of course a selection of juices and hot drinks. I apologize you felt it did not meet your expectation. Again thanks for the review and hope to see you again in the future. Best Regards Keti Camillo Ops Manager Generator Venice

All staff with exception of Sara were friendly and helpful. Rooms pretty small. Impossible to use storage locker because room was so tiny no one could get by. Please leave better directions to hostel in English please.

Unless you want to spend 45 mins from the train station and pay 7 euros for the boat ride each way, stay here.

I loved this hostel. It's clean.

• 21st Aug 2014