Geneva Hostel Reviews

Rue Rothschild 30, Geneva, Switzerland

Apart from the location of the hostel, there isn't much else I can positively comment on. Staff were very unhelpful, beds were graffitied and uncomfortable, toilets and showers were never clean and the general atmosphere of the place was depressing and antisocial. At check out we were simply told there was nowhere to store our bags and that they couldn't help us in any way despite the fact that our flight wasn't for 12 hours. Overall a disappointing place to spend the final days of our trip.

• 28th Jul 2015

Faster wifi connection would have been nice.

Good hostel, nice and friendly staff except the kitchen staff were a little rude, big rooms, clean. Though wifi only works in reception and if you're lucky to be on level 1 which was frustrating.

• 26th Jul 2015

Big hostel with not much atmosphere, but completely fine for a short stay

Hostel was in an excellent spot, easy walking distance from the station. Clean and fresh space, with lovely staff. I appreciated their sense of humour. Not a party hostel and can be hard to socialise as the common area was so big and catered to individual spots. The included breakfast was pretty tops. Seemed to be family friendly, with a wide range of guests.

The room is too hot, no ac, no fan. But we were lucky that the night we were staying, it was having a heavy rain so it helps to cool the heat down. The staffs is very impolite, they tried to be nice and polite to the guest, but they seem they hate this job too much to be nice to their customers. Other than this it is so far so good.

Great helpfull staff!!! Good and easy to reach location.

Nice hostel, clean environment, good location and great breakfast. Wifi intermittent. Each bed assigned their own locker which is outside of the room, only can be accessed by your personal key card. Bags can be left behind front desk if you arrive before check in. Hostel easy to find, with free public transport. Overall a good hostel, would recommend.

Very weird atmosphere. Not really a "youth hostel"if that is what you are looking for. Good location though.

This hostel is all you need as a base point to explore Geneva. Good transport links, close to main station, and trams as well. Security is good, as is the breakfast. Main complaint about this hostel would be the Internet. Only accessible in the lobby, so in the evenings droves of people are sat there trying to access painfully slow internet. If you need Wifi for train planning or anything like that (I did!) It can be very tedious.

When we stepped off the plane in Geneva it was 97 degrees. I was really looking forward to getting a good nights sleep in an air conditioned room. I was sadly disappointed that there wasn't any. I don't think I'd go back for that reason alone.

• 21st Jul 2015

Excellent! Just what a backpacker needs. Air conditioning would be nice but the lack of seems to be standard in this area.

Easy to walk to from train/bus station, super close to lake geneva. Rooms were clean and neat, key card opened both the room and locker doors which was good security. Locker was inside the room and wifi reached to my room as well, I think it just depends on what room you get. No real bar or hangout area to speak of, and there was school groups but staying on a different floor so didn't bother me. Breakfast was good too.

• 18th Jul 2015

Huge hostel, easy to find someone to be friends with. The room was basic, had a lamp and outlet right above your head so that was nice. There is a reading room if you want quiet.

Wifi was non-existent in the rooms. This forced people to crowd the lobby especially in the evening when it was very very hot and the bandwidth slowed to a screeching halt

• 17th Jul 2015

Good facilities, free breakfast is an advantage. Free transportation card are provided, great place.

I would not recommend this hostel to a seasoned traveler who likes meeting and travelling with different people. This hostel was relatively cheap (for Switzerland) and clean. However, it lacks atmosphere and it seemed that most of the people that stayed there were fresh out of school. The staff at reception were helpful, however, the kitchen staff were incredibly impolite. Generally, it felt like staying in a Uni residence; I prefer smaller, atmospheric (cosier) hostels.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

No air-conditioned rooms - It was way to hot in the bedroom in the night. Breakfast was good. A lot of children around.

I made a reservation for woman dormitory but they gave me a mixed room. It was unpleasent. And a receptionist confused my name with other people's name, so for a while I cannot enter my room. Mistake is okay, but they didn't sorry for me. Many people stay at this hostel so maybe they think their guest easily, I think.

Only a ten minute walk from the train station! They offer a dinner, which is edibleedible, and a free breakfast. I needed a safe clean place to spend the night after arriving from the airport, and this was perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5