Geneva Hostel Reviews

Rue Rothschild 30, Geneva, Switzerland

Room smelled disgusting. Facilities old gross. Staff not very friendly. Not a fun experience.

there was only one bathroom for the whole floor. showers were very dirty, wifi didn't work in the rooms.

Hostel was in an easy to find location and rooms were quite large however the hostel feels very sterile and cold. I sat in the "picnic room" to eat something and it felt like I was being held there against my will.

Very conveniently located along with having a friendly staff. Dinner was quite delicious and I enjoyed the free breakfast.

BE VERY CAREFUL....I tried to cancel this booking booked through hostel world direct by email as I could not get onto the site FOUR DAYS days before my arrival. They referred me to the Geneva hostel to cancel, whom I emailed directly. The Geneva hostel referred me back to Hostel World. By the time I managed to access the site, the cancellation button had been removed as it was 24 hours before arriving. Appalling. No apologies and no refund!!

• 14th Nov 2015

Not sure how much the transportation pass costs internally, but I would have preferred a cheaper rate and that to be an optional extra. Also, I understand wanting to conserve hot water, but the timer is WAY too short. A minor irritation in the grand scheme of things, but still unpleasant.

I was a bit annoyed that there were too many students while I was there so that I could not go bed on time. But other than that, every single thing was awesome espcially the location!! The breakfast was not that bad

In general good hostel. It isn't like many hostels because it feels more like a hotel. There were many groups there with teenage kids and families. It felt very safe, just not super hospitable.

• 1st Nov 2015

The hostel is ok! And for Geneva the price is good also. The location is very central and the hostel is near to the train stop. The breakfast is a little poor, but ok.

Lacked atmosphere and poor wifi

not a clean place

• 22nd Oct 2015

Free transport tickets were super handy, a little more help and advice from staff on free time would have been helpful. A lot of school groups were staying in house that were a little loud and annoying but overall very modern hostel with comfortable beds.

Wifi is not in the room and there is no kitchen utility in the kitchen. And I always use card to use toilet.

The rooms, bathrooms and kitchen area are clean. The location is great and walking distance throughout the city. However, there is no social atmosphere and this hostel hosts large school groups, so you have to wait behind them for breakfast (which they are unnecessarily strict about). The receptionist, Elias, was very unhelpful and rude. They had no insight and simply handed me a map and told me to figure it out myself. If you stay here, tourist information is happy to help!

I stayed in an all female dorm and feel that the hostel needs to seriously invest in new mattresses, pillows and sheets. The mattress and the pillow had sweat stains and the sheets were the roughest of any hostel I've ever stayed in. I also wish the lockers for our belongings were inside the bedroom, it wasn't very practical to have to go outside into the passage area every time I needed a personal item from my locker. There was also no cozy area at all where I felt like hanging out.

Facilities were excellent, comfortable beds, very cleanly

The breakfast is very good. The rooms are clean, the lockers are inside and big. You can easily fit 2 bags there. The only thing missing in the room were sockets by each bed. The hostel was full of families and huge groups. Many elderly people and also children. Still, there were some solo travellers and it was relatively easy to meet some people in the entertainment room and kitchen.

Fell like a big school dorm. Not the ideal place to go if you're travelling by yourself, no atmosphere or nice common room. A lot of people over 45 and school groups were staying there - weird mix.

The hostel itself is very clean and modern (the floors are very creaky and loud though) and the breakfast was great, but the line was so long and so slow. There were too many large groups staying at the hostel, a lot of school trips which ruined the atmosphere. Some staff members were nice but a few were quite rude. It was also unfortunate that there were no cooking facilities - only a microwave which was unavailable most of the time.

Hostel is huge and therefore lacks personality and atmosphere!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7