Genting Star Shanghai Reviews

No.1102 Zhongshan North 1 Road, Houkou District, Shanghai, China

Overall, the booking experience of this place was horrible: I booked the room for 4 people, as the check-in time approached, I noticed that we will be 30 mins late and called the hostel. After I did, I was adiviced that my room was already cancelled, without any notification whatsoever. The receptionist was just rude and annoying: she was saying that she doesn't have anything to do with Hostel World, and that it is not her responsibility to inform me about cancellations. Don't book.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Very disappointed with this place. I booked it and when I arrived very late at night they informed me there were no rooms available, Was forced to walk around Shanghai at night looking for another hotel.

The best hostel for its price. It's quite hard to find. if you plan to enjoy night views of Bund and Pudong, choose other hostel near peoples' square because it is quite far from those areas and the last metro is around 2300. Good price, ordinary room, kinda noisy (pretty much no soundproof).

• 28th Apr 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This is not a hostel at all. Front desk had problems to find my reservation done using hostelworld.

It was the best place I stayed in Shanghai! A great, clean room with a big window (we took double room). We payed the same price like we would pay in dormitory. Just great!

• 26th Mar 2015