• No.1102 Zhongshan North 1 Road, Houkou District, Shanghai, China
5.8
Rating 42 Total Reviews
5.8
Rating 42 Total Reviews
Genting Star Shanghai Located at No.1102 Zhongshan North 1 Road, Houkou District, Shanghai.
China

• ThereIGo
  • Netherlands, Female, 25-30
2nd Oct 2015
4.3

No, I am not a fan of this hotel. The staff can hardly speak english and that made them less friendly. My room was not clean at all, the walls looked like someone throw his coffee and food against it. Location was not super great, but I knew that in advance . It's close by the subway say city centre was easy to reach. The wifi was okay and there were some nice restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
31st Aug 2015

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. The atmosphere was great and it really felt cozy and relaxed to spend time at the hostel. We got to know travellers around the world and enjoyed the international atmosphere. Also the staff was super helpful and friendly. It really felt like they wanted to get to know us and make our stay memorable.

6th Aug 2015

Nice, clean, affordable place, helpful staff, no problems. Thanks!

• Lithuania, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th Jun 2015
2.0

Overall, the booking experience of this place was horrible: I booked the room for 4 people, as the check-in time approached, I noticed that we will be 30 mins late and called the hostel. After I did, I was adiviced that my room was already cancelled, without any notification whatsoever. The receptionist was just rude and annoying: she was saying that she doesn't have anything to do with Hostel World, and that it is not her responsibility to inform me about cancellations. Don't book.

• amandanepo92
  • Philippines, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th May 2015
2.0

Very disappointed with this place. I booked it and when I arrived very late at night they informed me there were no rooms available, Was forced to walk around Shanghai at night looking for another hotel.