Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We were surprised to find that Chun King Mansion was actually a very busy market on the ground floor. We didn't like the over crowded aisle and the elevator was very small and confusing. After searching as to where and finally registering to the Reception Area of Germany Hotel, we reached our reserved room and surprisingly it was a small room for three person, but I should say impressive by the way how it was decorated and kept cleaned. By the way the owner/manager was very helpful.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

At dorm location on 6th floor is very noisy, washing mashines working all night long and making a lot of scratches and noise. Staff coming room without knocking and could make lot of noise during night. Prices are owerrated for this conditions

Really strict in time to check out, 11pm, usually 12pm but not here

I think it's one of the worst hostels I've been. It doesn't look like any other in Hong Kong should be better, so... well, you can try. Some of the staff is helpful and some is very confusing. The room was stinking during all our stay, especially when we arrived. There isn't (or couldn't find) any common area but there is free coffee, apparently (haven't tried). Well, it's not probably the worst in HK, but for sure not the best... Ah, by the way, can't recognise the hostel from the photos her

Very good location but the rooms were very small

• 25th Oct 2014

The German Hostel, was located very conveniently next to the MTR, however the location of the Hostel itself was a little overwhelming. Located above the Indian market in Tsim Sha Tsui, meant that every trip to the Hostel was a battling challenge of hagglers and street sellers trying to sell you everything from toilet paper to fake rolex watches. This type of atmosphere isn't generally a problem for me but staying here for just one night was a little too intense for my partner.

• 25th Oct 2014

Dont go here. Ive stayed in many hostels, this is by far the worst ive ever stayed in! The pictures are completely misleading, the hostel is not german, and the building is horrible. The room was bad, the bathroom never free (i used the bathroom facilities in the shopping mall opposite) and the building full of creepy men trying to sell you things. Please dont go. The good rating is only because the building is full of hostels owned by the same family, who rate their other hostels. Worst hostel.

• 21st Oct 2014

Once you fight past the bustle and confusion of all the peddlers, multi-cultural shops, and tourists stacking up to squeeze into the old elevators, German Hostel is very charming. The staff is extremely personable and helpful, and the room was very clean and cozy. The price was very reasonable, and the Mansion is just a short walk from the promenade. We would definitely go back to German Hostel!

Location is a bit scetchy but kinda already knew that. Paid WAY too much to stay on a Saturday night, totally not worth it. There isn't really a common area so nowhere to hang out so atmosphere is dead, not a big deal. Staff need to work on English but ok enough to communicate. Jony was cool and helped me out.

Clean the bathroom!

small, basic, OK for location and price but there are better places to stay.

The cleanliness of the bed sheet can be improved.

This hostel is in a big indian market, you have to take the lift to go up and down which always crowded with ppl and you have to wait. You cannot walk 1 metre without anyone wanting to sell you indian food or sim cards. The building looks a bit run down but they make their best to keep the hostel clean. Toilet is very very small, also a Lilliput abitant would feel too big in there.There's no common room so it's very difficult to socialize. Didnt like it but i dont think you can find better ones

• 6th Sep 2014

Location,facilities..It depends on what you need!If you are fine with taking a shower with flip flops the bathroom is good!You can close the door

The Toilet and the shower were so dirty! But the beds are okay

• 3rd Sep 2014

A good place if you're after a central location, budget options, close to the subway, and shopping. The general vicinity is packed and buzzing with people though.

For what it is, really cheap hostel in a downtown crazy expensive city, it's perfect! Rooms are tiny but clean, it feels safe and the guys at the front are cool. If your just looking for a place to crash and nothing more, I would definitely recommend it. Know that walking into any hostel in Chung King mansion can feel sketchy (don't believe anyone who tells you theyre from your hostel) but I've never had anything bad happen there 4 stays now.

we heard that H.K was expensive. In fact this is a good solution for people don't have some money. but our room was small, with a terrible (and too cold A/C) and our door couldn't close correctly. It is an experience to stay in Chunking mansion but this hostel, in my opinion, is not for more than one night!

My major problem was that I made reservations for Germany Hostel on the 6th floor, but once I got there I was confronted with a note on the door directing me to some other hostel on the 10th floor. Because the accursed CKM elevators only go down on that floor, I'd either have to go all the way down and start again, or lug my heavy bag up four flights of stairs. I chose the latter, but didn't like it. They should have been clearer on their posting on Hostelworld.

The rooms are little but clean, the people are very friendly-

• 20th Aug 2014