Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Decent beds, cramped rooms, chaotic staff, but all for a low price (for Hong Kong). Location is great, the block is not as bad as some reviews suggest (but the elevators are terrible).

• 5th Aug 2014

We booked a double room at Germany hostel. Upon arrival, we were shocked when we got showed our room: It was nothing more than a cupboard with a toilet, no space to move or leave our luggage. We complained and got a new room, that was slightly bigger and got promised to get an even bigger 'family room' for the day after. Next After a hour of discussion we finally got that one. The family room was 'ok', however, I wouldn't recommend to stay there with more than 2 persons.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I can't compare this to other hostels in Hongkong so my review may not be fare but in comparison to the tens of hostels I've stayed in on my travels this one was the worst. That being said when I did my search for my price range in Hong Kong, this seemed like the best option. It wasn't too bad but my standards were higher.

Filthy and sketchy but cheap and in a good location.

• 27th Jul 2014

I wouldn't say this is the nicest place. I wasn't murdered for my organs, but there were times when I sort of felt I might be. These feelings though largely unfounded were not enjoyable. Mostly the population of unemployed permeant residents shocked me, yep out-of-work people live at Germany hostel. On the other hand if you're really enjoying HK then you don't spend that much time in your hostel anyway, and the location is great.

The hostel is in Chungking Mansions, which has a reputation. Expect many touts trying to sell you fake rolex's or weed, and ques for up to 30 mins to get into the lift (up or down). The shared dorm i was in was tiny with bad AC an 1 bathroom between up to 18 people!! Ques for toilet can be long. No common area! Due to price an location, good for a night or two. But not for a long stay!!

Raj help me a lot with everything and he was very friendly!! Nice hostel!! And nice staff!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The place was alright. Small but clean rooms. The bathroom was poor. The stuff was really nice. Dave helped me a lot and was so nice to bring me to the night bus. He also helped me with my luggage . So nice !

• 30th Jun 2014

Overall an acceptable place to stay for one night. Really central (subway station 5 min, bouleward of stars and lightshow 10 min). Everywhere indians selling drugs or fake stuff. Anyoing but nice people who also help you to find locations nearby. Rooms on different floors and no common room, so you dont get in touch with all the people besides them in your room. Bed really comfy. Baths dirty and old. Different hostels have the same reception, therefore the price for the same bed is different!

The security and the location were good but the room is very small. The shower is included in a small toilet cabin. The bed was very short and it was smelling like the things haven't been washed before. The price is very high for a hostel but the reason for that is the good location in the city center near the avenue of stars and the ferry terminals.

• 20th Jun 2014

The room was very small, but clean. I felt comfortable there and Jony, offering his help at any time of the day, made me feel like in good hands. Thanks for making my few hours in Hongkong much more convenient! See you next time :)

• 18th Jun 2014

Don't be scared off by your friends telling you Chungking mansions is sketchy. The building is old and dirty, but filled with the best deals on small electronics, currency exchange rates, and Indian food. Not to mention, it's steps away from the MTR station so you can get anywhere in less than 20 minutes. The room itself was great: very clean, includes AC, fan, TV, even towels and toiletries. It's small, but definitely went well above our expectations.

This is a nice quiet little hostel area in the blocks. You get a small room with private bathroom and a fan/ac. It is very budget oriented so don't expect much and you will be happy. Staff are great and very willing to help. They washed all our clothes for us and returned them to our door on the same day. Sukin and Deep always met us with a smile and gave great ideas to do around the area. Its can be hard to find but stick to directions given in email and you will be fine.

• 16th Jun 2014

The hostel is what you get for what you pay for. The location is excellent, near the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR. Else, the hostel is cheap, clean and has their own bathroom for each 6 person dorm. Many hostels are located in this one building called the Chengking Mansion (one of which is this hostel). It feels shady because of the crowd that goes to the place, mostly foreign workers. This building has a reputation for being shady, according to locals. As a lone lady traveller I would sleep elsewhere.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Raj and Prit were helpful during my stay.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

One thing that very important is must lock the door immediately after cleaning the room. Because of 2 times the door was unlock when i were back the room.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Good security in this place, password protected door before you even get into the hall where the rooms are. My room had a safe. The room itself is pretty small but manageable for just one person. The staff are available by using the in-room phone, so you can always get your questions answered. There's also a community microwave and some coffee/tea provided in the hall. Wifi not great, even nonexistent during peak hours, so just get a HK SIM for your phone to access the internet.

Second time staying at Germany hostel and confirmed that I will always try to stay here when staying in Chugking Mansions. Really reasonable price, spotless rooms, not too cramped either. Booked a twin room for two people but ended up getting a triple for the same price. Staff was welcoming and very helpful. When we arrived Johnny showed us to our room, showed us how everything worked (key code, key, hot water heater, AC, etc...) and checked up on us to see if we needed anything at all.

• 6th Jun 2014

Small but that should be expected. It was a very clean room with a fan and a/c. Everything in good working condition. Shower was perfect. Bathroom clean! They even changed our towels everyday! Good value for money!!! Downside would be the lift getting up there. Have to que and it's very tiny but really bit an issue at all.

very cheap and close to metro but it's not clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3