Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The Hostel is ideally located to the place that I've visited in Kowlon area. The staff is very friendly and helpful especially Ms. Sherie, Love and Cris. They made my stay in HK very memorable. Ms. Sherie gave me all the info that I need being the tour guide of the group. The rooms are good enough for a budget conscious like me. I am strongly recommended this Hostel for a backpackers like me. Worth the stay for a budgeted traveler. Thank you German Hostel

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

The ceiling was 50 cm over my head when i was sleeping (i cannot sit in my bed). To access my bed, i have to put my foot on the bed of someone because they put a single bed in the corridor between the two bunk beds. No hot water in the morning. Staff is ok but not that friendly.

• 27th Feb 2015

Hello everyone.I come from Europe, Serbia. I traveled to Hong Kong for visa purpose and stayed in Germany hostel for two nights.Bed was very clean and very soft which I like a lot. Staff was really good. Anything I needed they helped me to get it. Raaj was really good and very friendly. Made me feel like I was home. Hostel is very near star plaza a beutiful seaside walk zone where you can go and enjoy one of the finest sea side views in the world :) Next time I go to HK will book there again.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Serbia

Beds had brown and yellow stains and small, black hairs on it. Toilet and shower was not clean. Air con was leaking.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Staff was nice and helpfull although they failed to fix the TV which I mentioned and they promised to fix. This had a fridge in the room whereas most hostels in Chun King Mansions have it only in the common area. Overall, it was good.

My stay at the hotel was excellent. Very cooperative and friendly staff. Especially Dave I hold in high regards. The overall atmosphere was great and this has been my best experience of staying in the Chunking Mansions. Highly recommendable!

• 10th Feb 2015

Everyone at the hostel was very nice and accommodating. Love, Cris, Deep and Harry in particularly were very helpful and attentive to the guests. They often spent the time to have a conversation to make you feel at home and were very on top of having the rooms clean as well as helping with luggage. Overall the hotel's central location and the staff make it a great choice for people visiting Hong Kong.

• 8th Feb 2015

A last minute choice. If you know the mansions then you got a good one here. Everything I needed included in room. Staff on hand for any problems.

The staffs was nice and helpful, especially Dave and Kristin.

Good location! The hotel is good for traveler on a budget! Its a small dorm but with hot water and a hairdryer which is good when its cold outside! raj offered us to wash our laundry for free and it was so nice to have after weeks good smelling clothes! If its the first time that you travel by yourself its maybe a bit scary in the entrance area, because you have the feeling you're in little india and they're trying to sell you EVERYTHING! All in all! good! Reception stuff is also very helpful

The dorm was surprisingly small, but comfortable and the wifi was great! The staff were kind and helpful. Cris and Love were the one who welcomed me warmly on my check in time. Harry was the guy I met pretty often and he was helpful. During check out time there was a little misunderstanding incident but John (along with Cris, Harry and Love) was really wise and all four of them made great impressions toward the problem :)

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

The cheapest hostel in Hongkong even there are no room key for dormitory cause of main entrance password. Good quality of wifi signal (I stayed over 5 hostels in Hongkong and normally wifi is not work inside the room but I never experienced any wifi disconnection in there) moreover perfect location. But I watched fighting inside the lift of Chung King Mansion so you may need to watch out during the night and lonesome time. Not very nice hostel but still valuable for the backpackers.

Hong Kong is expensive. This is the best budget accommodation in the city in terms of location. The room is small but all you really need. It is clean and the staff is very efficient and helpful.

• 29th Dec 2014

This is in the mansions in HK (not on the island) so it's far from the night life. However, the main issue was the number of men peddling drugs, hotel rooms etc on your way to check in was ridiculous. I felt unsafe and hated coming in out of the building. Also overpriced, bed bugs and bad service. None of the lockers worked and the lifts to and from the hostel took atleast 10minutes. Expect to wait in a line and be jammed in to a tiny overwhelmed lift. Room itself is typical of HK, small cramped

We were surprised to find that Chun King Mansion was actually a very busy market on the ground floor. We didn't like the over crowded aisle and the elevator was very small and confusing. After searching as to where and finally registering to the Reception Area of Germany Hotel, we reached our reserved room and surprisingly it was a small room for three person, but I should say impressive by the way how it was decorated and kept cleaned. By the way the owner/manager was very helpful.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

At dorm location on 6th floor is very noisy, washing mashines working all night long and making a lot of scratches and noise. Staff coming room without knocking and could make lot of noise during night. Prices are owerrated for this conditions

Really strict in time to check out, 11pm, usually 12pm but not here

I think it's one of the worst hostels I've been. It doesn't look like any other in Hong Kong should be better, so... well, you can try. Some of the staff is helpful and some is very confusing. The room was stinking during all our stay, especially when we arrived. There isn't (or couldn't find) any common area but there is free coffee, apparently (haven't tried). Well, it's not probably the worst in HK, but for sure not the best... Ah, by the way, can't recognise the hostel from the photos her

Very good location but the rooms were very small

• 25th Oct 2014

The German Hostel, was located very conveniently next to the MTR, however the location of the Hostel itself was a little overwhelming. Located above the Indian market in Tsim Sha Tsui, meant that every trip to the Hostel was a battling challenge of hagglers and street sellers trying to sell you everything from toilet paper to fake rolex watches. This type of atmosphere isn't generally a problem for me but staying here for just one night was a little too intense for my partner.

• 25th Oct 2014