Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The Germany Hostel in Hong Kong represents Great Value for money. I am surprised how clean the room is... Yes the room is small... however the location, security and value for money more than compensate. WiFi is fast and free. Free beverages coffee (good brand) and Tea. Great Air-conditioning Kind and considerate housekeeping staff... John and the team keep up the great work. I will be back and will also not hesitate to let my friends know.

• 25th Jul 2015

Great hostel. The building in which it is located is worth the stay just to experience the madness of the chunking mansions. The rooms are clean, and the wifi is great except at peak times (late evening when everyone gets on at the same time to update their Facebook or whatever the kids are using these days, no doubt). Reception is helpfu and the morning staff, a group of girls consisting of Love, Josie, Deep and Helman, of it remember their names were great! They made the stay fun and helped!

Location is the only thing good about the hostel. Bathroom very dirty and only 1 for 4 dorms. Not common areas. Room quite small but at least with safety box and A/C. Reception 4 floors up. Old building with crowded elevators. I know space is an issue in Hong Kong but this is too much. Wouldn't stay there again

Sometimes its not really the place that made our stay FANTABULUOS. (fantastic-fabulous).Its the warmth and friendly staff of the Hostel. Thanks Ms. Sherie for all the helpful information that you gave us. Mr.John who patiently opened the safety box so we wont miss our flight.(it needs to be change)Ms.Josie to your amazing efforts, helping my Dad finding his way to our room almost everyday, I really appreciate your time.Mr.$(his tattoo) thanks for all your suggestions where to go and what to do.

The airconditioning could be a little better and on the site it says that every one has a safety box there was only one for the entire mixed dormitiory room.

• 3rd Jul 2015

홍콩스타일 직접 가봐야됨

Raaj was excellent and made is very welcome and our stay extra special. Kevin and Peter also helped make the stay a very pleasant one

• 2nd Jul 2015

Would like to recommend others to stay with them again Very good staff deep john and sherrie they help a lot others free coffee free towels free wifi in all the location fast efficient Please use exit D exit E for check in and check out

The hostel is very well located and cheap. The building is bot very clean but sufficienr for some days. The staff(particularly Raag and Peter) is really nice and helpfull : speak english, good advices & deals, lundry for free etc. This hostel is a Good deals for young backpackers alone or in little group of 2 or 3 people who are looking for just a bed and shoxer really cheap, NOT for family with baby/kids.

Location was great! Right in the heart of HK/nearby subway station/ferry port made traveling easy. But it's located inside Chung King Mansion, which is home to many other hostels, creating long elevator times. The first floor market and outside entrance were always full of Indian/Arab men who constantly bombard/approach you trying to sell things like fake Rolex's and drugs! One staffer came into our room while we were away. Found out he had "borrowed" my phone charger (though it was returned).

• 27th Jun 2015

The ratings are put into comparison with what i heard from other hostels in HK. Small and expensive for what you get compared to every other asian place ive been to. Had a shared room and you couldnt lock the door but I havent heard about any incidents. Staff was cool especially Roommaid Josy. Really nice person to talk to and learn a bit about the city. helped a lot. All in all i'd come back.

• 26th Jun 2015

I booked the Germany Hostel for six nights and I didn't get to spend one night in it. Instead the owner shuffled me around among his other hostels in Chungking Mansion. One night I got back to find all my luggage at the reception. The owner wanted my bed and just packed up all my stuff while I was out. Definitely not cool. Bathrooms can be a horrible affair. Dirty and to be shared with 12+ people. Noise levels are very high so bring extra-strength ear plugs. Location and Wi-Fi are very good.

Bad points : -No hot water for 4 days + the shower was jam a few times -No locker on the door, bathroom and to store bags. -People coming in the dorm (not customer) like nothing happen (i don't speak about the two nice ladies : Jossie and Love) -Extremely small dormitory. -Elevators broken or needed to wait 5-10 min(10th floor) -Some of the staff are hard to understand (the afternoon girls and maids are good) -Area is a pain in the ass Good points -Clean sheets -Jossie and Love

• 23rd Jun 2015

This dorm was clean and it had a secure deposit box. My favourite aspect was the staff member Raaj who kept the place extremely neat and tidy and was also very friendly, especially when I was feeling ill.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Clean rooms and very helpful and friendly staff. Kevin and Peter were great, thanks for everything.

• 23rd Jun 2015

All the staff was really helpful with me at all times Thanks a lot for make it easy for me. Regards Elvira

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

We were given triple sharing room instead of double without extra pay. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. They readily helped us out with our needs.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

I love this hostel. The staff are so friendly especially Ate Josie and Ate Love. They always check if I'm okay in my room. They also clean the room everyday and give fresh towel. The location is also close to the different places like the avenue of stars, kowloon park, Park Lane Shopping Boulevard, Space Museum, Heritage Hotel, Harbour city and many more. I will definitely stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Of course when it comes to Chungking Mansion, the main floor is always a bit ghetto. The lift is very annoying and you can expect to wait a bit. However, in terms of the actual room it is quite nice. It's clean, with a comfortable bed, and working facilities. Fast internet is rare in Chungking so I was delighted to have a strong connection. For the price, I'd say it was a pretty good deal. The staff was helpful and Watched my bags while I went out in the city for the day after I checked out!

Staff are brilliant and go extra mile to help travellers. Security cameras and passwords for each floor increase security above average chungking hostels. Free water, wifi, tv too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3