Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The cleanliness of the bed sheet can be improved.

This hostel is in a big indian market, you have to take the lift to go up and down which always crowded with ppl and you have to wait. You cannot walk 1 metre without anyone wanting to sell you indian food or sim cards. The building looks a bit run down but they make their best to keep the hostel clean. Toilet is very very small, also a Lilliput abitant would feel too big in there.There's no common room so it's very difficult to socialize. Didnt like it but i dont think you can find better ones

• 6th Sep 2014

Location,facilities..It depends on what you need!If you are fine with taking a shower with flip flops the bathroom is good!You can close the door

The Toilet and the shower were so dirty! But the beds are okay

• 3rd Sep 2014

A good place if you're after a central location, budget options, close to the subway, and shopping. The general vicinity is packed and buzzing with people though.

For what it is, really cheap hostel in a downtown crazy expensive city, it's perfect! Rooms are tiny but clean, it feels safe and the guys at the front are cool. If your just looking for a place to crash and nothing more, I would definitely recommend it. Know that walking into any hostel in Chung King mansion can feel sketchy (don't believe anyone who tells you theyre from your hostel) but I've never had anything bad happen there 4 stays now.

we heard that H.K was expensive. In fact this is a good solution for people don't have some money. but our room was small, with a terrible (and too cold A/C) and our door couldn't close correctly. It is an experience to stay in Chunking mansion but this hostel, in my opinion, is not for more than one night!

My major problem was that I made reservations for Germany Hostel on the 6th floor, but once I got there I was confronted with a note on the door directing me to some other hostel on the 10th floor. Because the accursed CKM elevators only go down on that floor, I'd either have to go all the way down and start again, or lug my heavy bag up four flights of stairs. I chose the latter, but didn't like it. They should have been clearer on their posting on Hostelworld.

The rooms are little but clean, the people are very friendly-

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

There is a manager named Raj- so helpfull and nice! Improved my stay significantly. Ask to stay in the floor he is in charge of.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Decent beds, cramped rooms, chaotic staff, but all for a low price (for Hong Kong). Location is great, the block is not as bad as some reviews suggest (but the elevators are terrible).

• 5th Aug 2014

We booked a double room at Germany hostel. Upon arrival, we were shocked when we got showed our room: It was nothing more than a cupboard with a toilet, no space to move or leave our luggage. We complained and got a new room, that was slightly bigger and got promised to get an even bigger 'family room' for the day after. Next After a hour of discussion we finally got that one. The family room was 'ok', however, I wouldn't recommend to stay there with more than 2 persons.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I can't compare this to other hostels in Hongkong so my review may not be fare but in comparison to the tens of hostels I've stayed in on my travels this one was the worst. That being said when I did my search for my price range in Hong Kong, this seemed like the best option. It wasn't too bad but my standards were higher.

Filthy and sketchy but cheap and in a good location.

• 27th Jul 2014

I wouldn't say this is the nicest place. I wasn't murdered for my organs, but there were times when I sort of felt I might be. These feelings though largely unfounded were not enjoyable. Mostly the population of unemployed permeant residents shocked me, yep out-of-work people live at Germany hostel. On the other hand if you're really enjoying HK then you don't spend that much time in your hostel anyway, and the location is great.

The hostel is in Chungking Mansions, which has a reputation. Expect many touts trying to sell you fake rolex's or weed, and ques for up to 30 mins to get into the lift (up or down). The shared dorm i was in was tiny with bad AC an 1 bathroom between up to 18 people!! Ques for toilet can be long. No common area! Due to price an location, good for a night or two. But not for a long stay!!

Raj help me a lot with everything and he was very friendly!! Nice hostel!! And nice staff!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The place was alright. Small but clean rooms. The bathroom was poor. The stuff was really nice. Dave helped me a lot and was so nice to bring me to the night bus. He also helped me with my luggage . So nice !

• 30th Jun 2014

Overall an acceptable place to stay for one night. Really central (subway station 5 min, bouleward of stars and lightshow 10 min). Everywhere indians selling drugs or fake stuff. Anyoing but nice people who also help you to find locations nearby. Rooms on different floors and no common room, so you dont get in touch with all the people besides them in your room. Bed really comfy. Baths dirty and old. Different hostels have the same reception, therefore the price for the same bed is different!

The security and the location were good but the room is very small. The shower is included in a small toilet cabin. The bed was very short and it was smelling like the things haven't been washed before. The price is very high for a hostel but the reason for that is the good location in the city center near the avenue of stars and the ferry terminals.

• 20th Jun 2014