Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room was very small, but clean. I felt comfortable there and Jony, offering his help at any time of the day, made me feel like in good hands. Thanks for making my few hours in Hongkong much more convenient! See you next time :)

• 18th Jun 2014

Don't be scared off by your friends telling you Chungking mansions is sketchy. The building is old and dirty, but filled with the best deals on small electronics, currency exchange rates, and Indian food. Not to mention, it's steps away from the MTR station so you can get anywhere in less than 20 minutes. The room itself was great: very clean, includes AC, fan, TV, even towels and toiletries. It's small, but definitely went well above our expectations.

This is a nice quiet little hostel area in the blocks. You get a small room with private bathroom and a fan/ac. It is very budget oriented so don't expect much and you will be happy. Staff are great and very willing to help. They washed all our clothes for us and returned them to our door on the same day. Sukin and Deep always met us with a smile and gave great ideas to do around the area. Its can be hard to find but stick to directions given in email and you will be fine.

• 16th Jun 2014

The hostel is what you get for what you pay for. The location is excellent, near the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR. Else, the hostel is cheap, clean and has their own bathroom for each 6 person dorm. Many hostels are located in this one building called the Chengking Mansion (one of which is this hostel). It feels shady because of the crowd that goes to the place, mostly foreign workers. This building has a reputation for being shady, according to locals. As a lone lady traveller I would sleep elsewhere.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Raj and Prit were helpful during my stay.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

One thing that very important is must lock the door immediately after cleaning the room. Because of 2 times the door was unlock when i were back the room.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Good security in this place, password protected door before you even get into the hall where the rooms are. My room had a safe. The room itself is pretty small but manageable for just one person. The staff are available by using the in-room phone, so you can always get your questions answered. There's also a community microwave and some coffee/tea provided in the hall. Wifi not great, even nonexistent during peak hours, so just get a HK SIM for your phone to access the internet.

Second time staying at Germany hostel and confirmed that I will always try to stay here when staying in Chugking Mansions. Really reasonable price, spotless rooms, not too cramped either. Booked a twin room for two people but ended up getting a triple for the same price. Staff was welcoming and very helpful. When we arrived Johnny showed us to our room, showed us how everything worked (key code, key, hot water heater, AC, etc...) and checked up on us to see if we needed anything at all.

• 6th Jun 2014

Small but that should be expected. It was a very clean room with a fan and a/c. Everything in good working condition. Shower was perfect. Bathroom clean! They even changed our towels everyday! Good value for money!!! Downside would be the lift getting up there. Have to que and it's very tiny but really bit an issue at all.

very cheap and close to metro but it's not clean.

It is good considering its position and price, a little small though.

• 31st May 2014
  • China

Toilet is quite dirty and the door of toilet is quite brake also moreover air condition was not worked on June 2, 2014 at night but the other are quite good. Traffic in lifts and many people in the first floor.

This hostel is awful. It needs to be renamed. It is nothing like a German hostel. You have to run a gauntlet of 3rd world immigrants and hawkers and it is known as "rape alley" by the locals. If it was in Mumbai, I would have expected this atmosphere but not in Hong Kong. As a woman, I felt extremely unsafe. The elevators are a disaster. I had to wait upwards of 20 minutes to be able to get to my room and the one time I took the steps, I realized that was just stupid because of poor security.

Good and clean, no common area to meet people or dorms

The staff was nice but the room was very small. then again I was only there to sleep. the internet came and went as it pleases but meh...it was free. water was dripping in from the roof some places. all in all what you can expect from the price

• 18th May 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent location, but tiny rooms.

Incredible for the price. Great location. Lovely staff. Building's shady as hell but it's still ok. Staff gave me a free upgrade too so big time kudos.

My comments refer to the 6 bed mixed dorm. Room is a little small but typical of Hong Kong and a 6 bed dorm is preferable to some of the larger dorms with numerous bunks. Room was clean with an onsuite shower and toilet also clean. Bed was comfortable and i was not disturbed by other guests. Lifts in Chungking Mansions are crowded and slow but this is not the fault of hostel. One has to accept this inconvenience when staying in a large block.

Clean and tidy, friendly staff

Just like all the hostel of all Hong Kong, small, small and small……….But, the room looks clean and new. The location is good, near metro station. So, if you wanna save some money for accommodation, it's good choice.