Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

There is a manager named Raj- so helpfull and nice! Improved my stay significantly. Ask to stay in the floor he is in charge of.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Decent beds, cramped rooms, chaotic staff, but all for a low price (for Hong Kong). Location is great, the block is not as bad as some reviews suggest (but the elevators are terrible).

• 5th Aug 2014

We booked a double room at Germany hostel. Upon arrival, we were shocked when we got showed our room: It was nothing more than a cupboard with a toilet, no space to move or leave our luggage. We complained and got a new room, that was slightly bigger and got promised to get an even bigger 'family room' for the day after. Next After a hour of discussion we finally got that one. The family room was 'ok', however, I wouldn't recommend to stay there with more than 2 persons.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I can't compare this to other hostels in Hongkong so my review may not be fare but in comparison to the tens of hostels I've stayed in on my travels this one was the worst. That being said when I did my search for my price range in Hong Kong, this seemed like the best option. It wasn't too bad but my standards were higher.

Filthy and sketchy but cheap and in a good location.

• 27th Jul 2014

I wouldn't say this is the nicest place. I wasn't murdered for my organs, but there were times when I sort of felt I might be. These feelings though largely unfounded were not enjoyable. Mostly the population of unemployed permeant residents shocked me, yep out-of-work people live at Germany hostel. On the other hand if you're really enjoying HK then you don't spend that much time in your hostel anyway, and the location is great.

The hostel is in Chungking Mansions, which has a reputation. Expect many touts trying to sell you fake rolex's or weed, and ques for up to 30 mins to get into the lift (up or down). The shared dorm i was in was tiny with bad AC an 1 bathroom between up to 18 people!! Ques for toilet can be long. No common area! Due to price an location, good for a night or two. But not for a long stay!!

Raj help me a lot with everything and he was very friendly!! Nice hostel!! And nice staff!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The place was alright. Small but clean rooms. The bathroom was poor. The stuff was really nice. Dave helped me a lot and was so nice to bring me to the night bus. He also helped me with my luggage . So nice !

• 30th Jun 2014

Overall an acceptable place to stay for one night. Really central (subway station 5 min, bouleward of stars and lightshow 10 min). Everywhere indians selling drugs or fake stuff. Anyoing but nice people who also help you to find locations nearby. Rooms on different floors and no common room, so you dont get in touch with all the people besides them in your room. Bed really comfy. Baths dirty and old. Different hostels have the same reception, therefore the price for the same bed is different!

1 2 Next » last »