Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It is good considering its position and price, a little small though.

• 31st May 2014
  • China

Toilet is quite dirty and the door of toilet is quite brake also moreover air condition was not worked on June 2, 2014 at night but the other are quite good. Traffic in lifts and many people in the first floor.

This hostel is awful. It needs to be renamed. It is nothing like a German hostel. You have to run a gauntlet of 3rd world immigrants and hawkers and it is known as "rape alley" by the locals. If it was in Mumbai, I would have expected this atmosphere but not in Hong Kong. As a woman, I felt extremely unsafe. The elevators are a disaster. I had to wait upwards of 20 minutes to be able to get to my room and the one time I took the steps, I realized that was just stupid because of poor security.

Good and clean, no common area to meet people or dorms

The staff was nice but the room was very small. then again I was only there to sleep. the internet came and went as it pleases but meh...it was free. water was dripping in from the roof some places. all in all what you can expect from the price

• 18th May 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent location, but tiny rooms.

Incredible for the price. Great location. Lovely staff. Building's shady as hell but it's still ok. Staff gave me a free upgrade too so big time kudos.

• 16th May 2014

My comments refer to the 6 bed mixed dorm. Room is a little small but typical of Hong Kong and a 6 bed dorm is preferable to some of the larger dorms with numerous bunks. Room was clean with an onsuite shower and toilet also clean. Bed was comfortable and i was not disturbed by other guests. Lifts in Chungking Mansions are crowded and slow but this is not the fault of hostel. One has to accept this inconvenience when staying in a large block.

• 5th May 2014

Clean and tidy, friendly staff

Just like all the hostel of all Hong Kong, small, small and small……….But, the room looks clean and new. The location is good, near metro station. So, if you wanna save some money for accommodation, it's good choice.

Do not expect too much.

Clean and safe and cheap. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Everything on doorstep. Located right on Nathan Road and 5 minute walk to the harbour. Ideal for backpackers.

• 20th Apr 2014

The hostel was pretty standard; clean, comfy beds, hot water. All the staff were super friendly though! Randeep in particular was very helpful and seemed to genuinely enjoy his job, I'd definitely recommend this hostel purely for the staff :)

• 20th Apr 2014

I stay in dorm room, room and bed is new, very comfortable. location very good. But bathroom door no lock so everyone can open and if you want to extend your date staff said you should book online.

The hostel offered the genuine chun king mansion experience. The room was clean and well maintained. The staff was really friendly and helpfull. The sheets and towels were changed daily. If you are looking for a low budget place to stay in hk, germany hostel is worth considering. Do not expect a four star hotel because it is not. None the less, worth the monet. Complementary wifi, phone to hk landlines and tea and coffe.

• 28th Mar 2014

Very friendly & helpful staff, especially Cynthia.

Location couldn't be better and staying in chungking mansions really isn't all that bad. The rooms are not small for hong kong standards and the beds are great. We had some difficulties with increased rates when trying to extend our stay, but the hostel is still quite cheap. It's a place i'd definetly stay again.

There was a dead rat in the window of the corridor. The room wasn't available when we arrive so they changed us to another, and the next day they didn't have our room again so we had to leave our things outside. They told us that the personal of the hostal would bring them to the room when it'd be available... but when we arrived in the night our luggage was still in the corridor. Under the bed where some shoes of the last person that was in the room..so I guess they didn't clean it

Dav and Johnny are really helpful, if you are looking for budget trip, i would recommend this hostel

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

The bathroom is very dirty, full of fungus. The air quality is very bad and moist. no hair dryer, no toilet tissue some spiderweb, ...