Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Location was great! Right in the heart of HK/nearby subway station/ferry port made traveling easy. But it's located inside Chung King Mansion, which is home to many other hostels, creating long elevator times. The first floor market and outside entrance were always full of Indian/Arab men who constantly bombard/approach you trying to sell things like fake Rolex's and drugs! One staffer came into our room while we were away. Found out he had "borrowed" my phone charger (though it was returned).

• 27th Jun 2015

The ratings are put into comparison with what i heard from other hostels in HK. Small and expensive for what you get compared to every other asian place ive been to. Had a shared room and you couldnt lock the door but I havent heard about any incidents. Staff was cool especially Roommaid Josy. Really nice person to talk to and learn a bit about the city. helped a lot. All in all i'd come back.

• 26th Jun 2015

I booked the Germany Hostel for six nights and I didn't get to spend one night in it. Instead the owner shuffled me around among his other hostels in Chungking Mansion. One night I got back to find all my luggage at the reception. The owner wanted my bed and just packed up all my stuff while I was out. Definitely not cool. Bathrooms can be a horrible affair. Dirty and to be shared with 12+ people. Noise levels are very high so bring extra-strength ear plugs. Location and Wi-Fi are very good.

Bad points : -No hot water for 4 days + the shower was jam a few times -No locker on the door, bathroom and to store bags. -People coming in the dorm (not customer) like nothing happen (i don't speak about the two nice ladies : Jossie and Love) -Extremely small dormitory. -Elevators broken or needed to wait 5-10 min(10th floor) -Some of the staff are hard to understand (the afternoon girls and maids are good) -Area is a pain in the ass Good points -Clean sheets -Jossie and Love

• 23rd Jun 2015

This dorm was clean and it had a secure deposit box. My favourite aspect was the staff member Raaj who kept the place extremely neat and tidy and was also very friendly, especially when I was feeling ill.

Clean rooms and very helpful and friendly staff. Kevin and Peter were great, thanks for everything.

• 23rd Jun 2015

All the staff was really helpful with me at all times Thanks a lot for make it easy for me. Regards Elvira

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

We were given triple sharing room instead of double without extra pay. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. They readily helped us out with our needs.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Philippines

I love this hostel. The staff are so friendly especially Ate Josie and Ate Love. They always check if I'm okay in my room. They also clean the room everyday and give fresh towel. The location is also close to the different places like the avenue of stars, kowloon park, Park Lane Shopping Boulevard, Space Museum, Heritage Hotel, Harbour city and many more. I will definitely stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Of course when it comes to Chungking Mansion, the main floor is always a bit ghetto. The lift is very annoying and you can expect to wait a bit. However, in terms of the actual room it is quite nice. It's clean, with a comfortable bed, and working facilities. Fast internet is rare in Chungking so I was delighted to have a strong connection. For the price, I'd say it was a pretty good deal. The staff was helpful and Watched my bags while I went out in the city for the day after I checked out!

Staff are brilliant and go extra mile to help travellers. Security cameras and passwords for each floor increase security above average chungking hostels. Free water, wifi, tv too.

Hostel was clean and staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was tiny as expected in HK but good value and clean with a warm shower. Only complaint is that the smoke alarm went off twice during the night and the room was a bit too warm and stuffy so it was hard to sleep. All in all, good value, location and staff!

Had a real good time in Germany Hostel. Facilities worked all well and everything was clean. The staff Sherie Harman John and Harry were helpful with everything and also very friendly. The only thing i missed a little bit is more clean cups and cutlery for coffee, tea etc. and a small (common) area to hang out when youre not going out but still want to eg. eat something together without disturbing your other roomies too much. All in all a very good value for money and would def. stay here again!

I booked into the hostel for one night because I couldn't get that particular night at the place I originally booked. I ended up reducing my stay at my original hostel to return to Germany hostel. The rooms are incredibly good value, very clean and comfortable; Dev, Harry and the rest of the reception team are very helpful and have a good relationship with eachother and their customers which made me feel very welcome. I recommend staying for those wanting a decent sleep. 24 hour reception too.

This is not really a hostel, but a cheap hotel that is part of several managed from the same reception desk. The location is perfect, the staff was friendly, and the wifi is very good. The room was reasonably clean and it had a fan as well as a so-so A/C. The downsides: our room was exactly the size of the double bed, with only enough room to open the door, and Chungking Mansions seems like a fire-trap. Also, lots of hassle from vendors on the first floor—some women might feel unsafe there.

Rag looked after us very well. Value for money accom, central location and helpful staff.

• 9th Jun 2015

We were welcomed from the first day we got to the Germany Hostel, and we ended up booking for three additional nights.The staff was extremely kind and social, especially Harry and Dev. The rooms were clean, and we felt safe. The only issue we had was that it was hard to find the hostel because there was no name on any sign to point to where we should go when we got to the Chungking Mansions. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay :)

The bed was way to small for two persons with the heigh of 166 cm and above. We felt very unsafe to go through those guys at the entrance of the chunking mansion. But the location at itself was good,

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff members were so friendly, sociable and helpful!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

The rooms are in a huge palace which is dirty and disgusting. Full of people who try to sell you rooms, drugs or food.If you want to reach the reception or rooms you need to wait at least 5mins in queue for crowded elevators. Our room was soooo little that I felt claustrophobic for the first time in my life. No breackfast no common spaces. The staff is kind even if I had the impression they are more interested in a positive feedback in Internet than in the wellness of customers.