Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

we heard that H.K was expensive. In fact this is a good solution for people don't have some money. but our room was small, with a terrible (and too cold A/C) and our door couldn't close correctly. It is an experience to stay in Chunking mansion but this hostel, in my opinion, is not for more than one night!

My major problem was that I made reservations for Germany Hostel on the 6th floor, but once I got there I was confronted with a note on the door directing me to some other hostel on the 10th floor. Because the accursed CKM elevators only go down on that floor, I'd either have to go all the way down and start again, or lug my heavy bag up four flights of stairs. I chose the latter, but didn't like it. They should have been clearer on their posting on Hostelworld.

The rooms are little but clean, the people are very friendly-

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

There is a manager named Raj- so helpfull and nice! Improved my stay significantly. Ask to stay in the floor he is in charge of.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Israel

Decent beds, cramped rooms, chaotic staff, but all for a low price (for Hong Kong). Location is great, the block is not as bad as some reviews suggest (but the elevators are terrible).

• 5th Aug 2014

We booked a double room at Germany hostel. Upon arrival, we were shocked when we got showed our room: It was nothing more than a cupboard with a toilet, no space to move or leave our luggage. We complained and got a new room, that was slightly bigger and got promised to get an even bigger 'family room' for the day after. Next After a hour of discussion we finally got that one. The family room was 'ok', however, I wouldn't recommend to stay there with more than 2 persons.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I can't compare this to other hostels in Hongkong so my review may not be fare but in comparison to the tens of hostels I've stayed in on my travels this one was the worst. That being said when I did my search for my price range in Hong Kong, this seemed like the best option. It wasn't too bad but my standards were higher.

Filthy and sketchy but cheap and in a good location.

• 27th Jul 2014