Germany Hostel Reviews

Block -D-6F/D2,Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Hostel was clean and staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was tiny as expected in HK but good value and clean with a warm shower. Only complaint is that the smoke alarm went off twice during the night and the room was a bit too warm and stuffy so it was hard to sleep. All in all, good value, location and staff!

Had a real good time in Germany Hostel. Facilities worked all well and everything was clean. The staff Sherie Harman John and Harry were helpful with everything and also very friendly. The only thing i missed a little bit is more clean cups and cutlery for coffee, tea etc. and a small (common) area to hang out when youre not going out but still want to eg. eat something together without disturbing your other roomies too much. All in all a very good value for money and would def. stay here again!

I booked into the hostel for one night because I couldn't get that particular night at the place I originally booked. I ended up reducing my stay at my original hostel to return to Germany hostel. The rooms are incredibly good value, very clean and comfortable; Dev, Harry and the rest of the reception team are very helpful and have a good relationship with eachother and their customers which made me feel very welcome. I recommend staying for those wanting a decent sleep. 24 hour reception too.

This is not really a hostel, but a cheap hotel that is part of several managed from the same reception desk. The location is perfect, the staff was friendly, and the wifi is very good. The room was reasonably clean and it had a fan as well as a so-so A/C. The downsides: our room was exactly the size of the double bed, with only enough room to open the door, and Chungking Mansions seems like a fire-trap. Also, lots of hassle from vendors on the first floor—some women might feel unsafe there.

Rag looked after us very well. Value for money accom, central location and helpful staff.

• 9th Jun 2015

We were welcomed from the first day we got to the Germany Hostel, and we ended up booking for three additional nights.The staff was extremely kind and social, especially Harry and Dev. The rooms were clean, and we felt safe. The only issue we had was that it was hard to find the hostel because there was no name on any sign to point to where we should go when we got to the Chungking Mansions. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay :)

The bed was way to small for two persons with the heigh of 166 cm and above. We felt very unsafe to go through those guys at the entrance of the chunking mansion. But the location at itself was good,

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff members were so friendly, sociable and helpful!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

The rooms are in a huge palace which is dirty and disgusting. Full of people who try to sell you rooms, drugs or food.If you want to reach the reception or rooms you need to wait at least 5mins in queue for crowded elevators. Our room was soooo little that I felt claustrophobic for the first time in my life. No breackfast no common spaces. The staff is kind even if I had the impression they are more interested in a positive feedback in Internet than in the wellness of customers.

My friend and I are currently travelling around the world for 3 and a half months. We found this place and chose them because they had good reviews and seemed to be reasonably priced compared to a lot of other places to stay. Overall it was expensive for what it was, but what can you expect in Hong Kong. The hostel was situate on the 6th floor of a complex building, and on the bottom floor there is a weird market which is daunting at first! But you get used to it pretty quickly.

Really good hostel, Dev and all the staff are helpful and friendly. Very easy to get to from the airport and the city, train station just outside. all in all very good stay.

• 1st Jun 2015

It was really convenient to get to Hung Hom station from here. My stay here was fine, staff was friendly

Good location good staff especially sherrie john and deep thanks for their help and i am regularly staying there whenever i come there. Wifi is super fast i

I especially thank the staff who accept me in the hostel: Aarry / Peter / Cris Jeet

• 21st May 2015

There are a few things this hostel does extemely well: - really helpful and nice staff. Harry and Peter were extremely kind and helpful. - fast wifi Other than that, this is a hostel in a pretty old and decrepit building. The bathroom wasn't great, but it struck me as one of those bathrooms that never looks clean no matter how clean it really is. But with the location and wifi and good staff, I'd call it a good deal for your money, particularly in HK.

• 3rd May 2015

This is my second or third trip to city and second time to stay with them. I like their service and kindness feel at home. In a different country wifi free is a great and must now a days. I would like to recommend them to other to stay with them again and again

I was staying there for 2 nights, and the staff Raj and Garry was very nice, they were always trying to help. Overall It was warming, and good choice to stay at the Germany Hostel. Also, It is in the center of Hong Kong, nice location, very easy to find.

Good hostel !!! Happy to met Preet from the staff of the hostel !

Place is super clean and the staff are pretty friendly. The Building seems chaotic at first but the people are pretty warm for the most part. Hong Kong means tiny rooms on the expensive side but at least these are methodically clean. Raj the floor superintendant is very helpful. And the overall location is pretty fantastic. Overall good way to experience Hong Kong

• 19th Mar 2015

Deep at the reception is very friendly and helpful. All other staff are nice and warm for you to feel at home. Guest house is equip with cctv and very safe. The upgrade me to single room free of charge and garry help me my laundry. Owner very good.

• 19th Mar 2015