Ghandi Backpackers Lodge Reviews

15 Doris Street, Kensington, Johannesburg, South Africa

Nice place in safe area, very helpful staff, close to the airport, rooms clean and tidy with everything you need. I would definitely stay there again!

Great stay at Ghandi's. Was a bit quiet, but was the off season. Pick up from airport very helpful! Thanks Chris for taking us where we needed to go. Heinz runs the place and does a great job!

Nice kitchen, FREE internet plus it was the fastest I've come across in SA so far, the hostel its self is beautiful and everything is uncomlicated. There were 2 dogs lounging around that were very sweet. the only thing I didn't like was the big birdcage but thats just me who thinks birds should be free to fly natural distances.

Good clean place, clean linen, hot water, free wifi, electric blanket, room heater, very economical with free airport pick-up, I was given en-suite double room for the price of single, nice gentlemean managing it, others were friendly too, free breakfast, cooking facilities if you want to

I really enjoyed my stay at Ghandi's. It was nice and quiet and the facilities were nice. The staff was friendly and ready to help, and I especially appreciated the free airport pick-up. My only complaint would be that the shower in the dorm is a little too open (opens directly into the dorm) and that the internet only works in the bar. However, if you are looking for a peaceful place to stay in Johannesburg, this is a good choice.

Overall excellent experience. Nothing to complain about.. Really.

• 1st Jul 2014