Ghandi Backpackers Lodge Reviews

15 Doris Street, Kensington, Johannesburg, South Africa

Nice kitchen, FREE internet plus it was the fastest I've come across in SA so far, the hostel its self is beautiful and everything is uncomlicated. There were 2 dogs lounging around that were very sweet. the only thing I didn't like was the big birdcage but thats just me who thinks birds should be free to fly natural distances.

• 29th Jul 2014

Good clean place, clean linen, hot water, free wifi, electric blanket, room heater, very economical with free airport pick-up, I was given en-suite double room for the price of single, nice gentlemean managing it, others were friendly too, free breakfast, cooking facilities if you want to

Overall excellent experience. Nothing to complain about.. Really.

• 1st Jul 2014

I liked this place. The kitchen was amazing. Only thing I miss out was wifi and lockers in the room. It was lack of people staying there, but as I leaved early in the morning it didn't matter that much. The pool and bar was cool.

The Ghandi Hostel was an excellent choice for us. We were picked up at the airport by Chris who was friendly and helpful. The hostel provided a breakfast of cereal and coffee or tea but has a beautiful kitchen which allows guests to cook what they wish. There is a small grocery store within easy walking distance. We loved the atmosphere--relaxed with ambiance. They booked a tour of Soweto for us which was excellent. They gave tips on sites to see in Johannesburg and how to get to them.

Very close to supermarket but hard to find a restaurant nearby.

View all Johannesburg Hostels