Gianni House Reviews

47, Via Pergusa, Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Italy

Very nice hostel, I especially liked the terrace and the telescope for looking at the volcano. Just one note for improvement, it would be nice to have soap in the toilet.

Nice place, clean, beach 5 min walk, staff very helpfull, breakfast on the terrace :)

The best atmosphere, nice location, few metres from the sea, buses at 20 metres to Taormina. Great staff ,good breakfast and great terrace to see Etna volcano!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • leticialibrada82
  • Spain

Gianni House is without a doubt, a home away from home. Very welcoming hostel, with friendly and approachable staff and lots of information and help given about things to do in the local area. It is a mere 5 minute walk from the beach and all the local pubs, restaurants and shops! It is clear the staff work hard to uphold high standards of cleanliness. Gianni's pasta party was the highlight of my stay :) will definitely return to this beautiful paradise and recommend it to all travellers!!!

After our stay in one more sicilian style hostel this came to us as a real europen hostel, with classic breakfast and interior. There are many europeans that you can hang out with on the roof. Staff is friendly. Only remark goes to not so good beds. They felt like rocks.

I loved everything about Gianni House! The hostel itself is very clean and the roof terasse is amazing with breathtaking views of Taormina and Etna (which was erupting while I was there). The staff gave me a warm welcome and made me feel at home, they went out of their way to help me with every question I had. The location is great too, because it's only 5 minutes away from the beach. It's also close to the nightlife, so at night you can go enjoy the roof before going out with new friends.

• 21st Jul 2014

comming here for swimming, I think this is better than staying at Taormina side because the beach is withn walking distence.

Great location, walking distance to lots of shops, restaurants, grocery store and beach. No lift, lots of stairs. The path to the beach is behind the hostel, ok during the day but kinda sketchy at night bad lighthing. I would recommend downloading a flashlight app for your phone so you can use it.

Lovely staff, very helpful. Some things are under renovation which caused a few hiccups which may be good to let people know in advance! No big deal though.

Gianni House is a home away from home. Perfectly located within a easy walking distance to the beautiful beaches. A very high standard of room cleanliness is maintained and the breakfast has lots of variety! Gianni

• 10th Jul 2014

Would recommended this hostel for sure! One thing though, the (private) room could do with a fan as there is no air conditioning... Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay there.

Hostel was really nice and clean. Breakfast was great. Only problem was our shower didn't work.

The owner Holly was great and all the room have a balcony. unfortunately the air conditioner was bad and the wi-fi was barely working.

• 4th Jul 2014

We stayed at Gianni house for a couple of days. Our experience was nice but we point out 2 disavantages: no elevator (we need to climb the stairs with our luggage for 2 floors) and we had to wash our own dishes at breakfast.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Gianni house and was made to feel really at home by the staff who are very approachable, friendly and willing to help. It is, without doubt, the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and Gianni has real pride in his hostel and a passion to cater to a travellers needs.The location is perfect.Close to the beach, bars and restaurants.Five minutes walk to the bus station and a bus stop right at the front door.Really good breakfast and roof terrace with stunning views.

This hostel could be amazing with a more social experience. Close to the beach and bus stop, great staf, good facilitys, just lacked a good crowd!

My friend and I were extremely impressed with our stay at Gianni House! We felt safe, comfortable and all resources were closely accessible. The staff was very helpful and informative. Out of all the hostels we have stayed at this was by far the best in all categories. Highly recommended to all travelers!

It is a very good hostel. BUT, if you just want to visit Taormina, then it's not for you, cause you nees take a bus each time. I enjoy my stay, because it is super close to the beach in Giardini Naxos where is all the party. The staff is amazingly friendly. Breakfast OK, and they have air conditions on the rooms, which is very usable in summer.

Rooms and bathroom very clean. Breakfast was simple but good. Handy to have parking at rear for free. And close to all the happening sights of giardini Naxos. Just a bit of a boring atmosphere within the hostel. And great pastichieria out the front..

It was very quiet there, not a lot going on as far as meeting other travelers in the hostel. Someone from a different room was able to use their key to open my room. But the staff were amazing, very friendly, and the location was nice as it was near the beach and a main train station. You do have to take a bus to get to the actual village of Taormina.Taormina is a beautiful town, and so is the surrounding area. I recommend going on the 35 euro day trip to Gole Alcantara and Mt Etna