Gianni House Reviews

47, Via Pergusa, Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Italy

one of the best hostels we have stayed in!. Staff was great- very friendly, personable and helped us arrange a trip to Mt. Etna. Rooms were big- we booked a 6 person dorm but got a 4 person :) En-suite small but tidy. AirCon worked great. Great shared kitchen-fully equipped w/ everything we needed. bfast thats included was one of the best ones we've had by Euro standards( breads, yogurt,fresh fruit, coffee/tea/juice) Only downside was poor wi-fi throughout building. Highly recommend

The hostel could do with refreshing the decor and furniture in rooms - our room was depressing and not very well equipped, which was very disappointing given the price. The fan was loud but not powerful plus the bathroom window did not close.

Nice new hostel. The top floor terrace was nice. Good for sunbathing or drying clothes or drinking Sicilian whites in the company of beautiful women from around the world until some far-too-sober latino lotharios turn up, dumb down the conversation and start grasping at any female flesh on show. Oh and the milk was sour and I had my bike stolen, which sucked. Not in Taormina but near a nice, quiet(er) beach.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great place, i feel like at home.

• 1st Aug 2015

Gianni House is not in Taormina!! I think it is misleading to advertise this. Although the bus stop is very close, it is quite an effort to head into Taormina with a 20 minute journey and unreliable bus times. That aside, the hostel is quite good - very clean with air-conditioning.

Very friendly, helpfull staff! Great location: close to the beach and near (but luckily not in) the touristic area of Giardini Naxos. Lovely breakfast area with hammock and nice roof top terrace.

This hostel was very convenient to Taormina if you do not like being in a heavily congested, touristic area. Yet, it is all reachable by public transportation. I really enjoyed talking with the staff, breakfast was good.

Room was average, but clean, bath very clean and nice (pink room) Lack of elevator is ok, as very nice stuafg helped me to carry my suit case! Breakfast very nice, good and big for italians Location is ok - 15 min by feet to the city center, to the beach too Very nice stuff! No real hostel - there would be a common area but its not used by visitors, as it is upstairs Area down stairs should be furnished and used better

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Great stay in there. A good place to stay while visiting Taormina. They have to improve the Wi-Fi connection in the first and second floors. This is a bad thing about my time in there. I had to go to the terrace to get a good signal.

It was good. I just didan't like the location. Far from taormina.

Amazing staff, great location, best deal in Giardini/Taormina.

• 6th Jul 2015

Staff were fantastic. Imade friends with them and outstayed my planned 3 days with a month! Felt at home. Ten-minute bus ride to Taormina leaves directly from outside the hostel. Catania is under an hour away, Messina the same in the opposite direction (by train - don't take the bus! It stops everywhere and takes a stomach-lurching 2 hours). I enjoyed Giardini-Naxos more than Taormina. Hostel in excellent location next to better beaches, a pasticceria, fruit & veg shop, and Salumeria.

This is a nice hostel in a great little town. The staff is friendly, just wish that they organized ways to get the guests to interact more.

The hostel is not located in Taormina !!!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Israel

I loved this hostel! Best kitchen set up I've seen, great breakfast, very clean and very friendly. The staff are helpful, everything is there that you could need. Just be aware that the hostel is in Giardini Naxos, which is next to Taormina, only a short 10 min bus ride away - Taormina itself is packed with tourists with only a small beach so for my money, it's actually better to stay in Giardini Naxos. Only other thing to note is that the hostel is cash only. Great hostel! Def do it again :)

The hostel is far from the train station and city centre so we need to take the bus all the time. The bus station is very close to the hostel and it takes about 15 mins to city centre. The buffet breakfast is good and the staff is really nice. They talk to us everytime when they saw us and always with big smile.

Really cool!nice stuff

The room is great, it's very clean and tidy, the staffs there are very kind, it's the best hostel ever. I hope that I can go back and visit one day !

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • China

We been there just for few days, gianni and his wife they help us to find the best deal and place around. The hostel was very clean, same for the room. In the morning was a big choice for the breakfast. We will recommend this place to all our friend and people. If you want to feel the italian vibe during your stay with a professional way there is no best place then this one. We will back one day. Roberto and Cristina

Loved it, will definitely return and would definitely recommend a stay here. I loved the location, the staff, the food and the bed, I loved everything thank you so much for letting me stay and hope you will allow me to return in the future. simon

• 11th May 2015