Gianni House Reviews

47, Via Pergusa, Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Italy

The hostel alone was good. Beds were the comfiest I've had so far. unfortunately the location was a let down. There is not much close to the hostel and it is a little quiet for a solo traveller.

The security is poor as there are no lockers, so it's a matter of trust in your roomates, but we didn't have any problem. The location is bad, as you have to take a 20min bus for going into Taormina (the hostel is in another village). Despite this two points, all other things are great. I think there are two really important things in a b&b: good sleep and good breakfast. Both of them are great in this hostel.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for staying with us. However, we would like to clarify that there are lockers in all our dorm rooms and they are inside the closet, also we have lockets for rental at the reception. We are sorry that you did not realize about the lockers during your stay. Regarding the location, we mentioned on the description that we are located between Taormina and Giardini Naxos, about 3km from Taormina.There are buses running between our hostel and Taormina every 15 minutes during summer.

Gianni house is a great place stay it's good for relaxing and meeting new people, the staff are quite welcoming and warm, it's an ok location but feels a bit isolated. It's not so much a problem with Gianni house but the path you have to take to get to the beach is pretty bad it almost feels like your walking past a dump. I understand it's up to local councils to clean these areas but Gianni house should try and clean it up themselves because I don't think a local council even exists in Sicily.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place to stay. Very nice staff. Nearby are very nice beaches. The only thing that was very noisy at night.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Very nice hostel, I especially liked the terrace and the telescope for looking at the volcano. Just one note for improvement, it would be nice to have soap in the toilet.

Nice place, clean, beach 5 min walk, staff very helpfull, breakfast on the terrace :)

The best atmosphere, nice location, few metres from the sea, buses at 20 metres to Taormina. Great staff ,good breakfast and great terrace to see Etna volcano!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • leticialibrada82
  • Spain

Confusing directions where to get off from the bus. Bus driver does not understand/ speak English if you ask him to stop at Renault ( the driver was rude and yelled at me). I suggest you stop at the bus station. It's about 3 min walk instead of getting humiliated in public. The only time where you meet other travelers is during breakfast, otherwise no place to sit around but the narrow terrace( nice though.) Walk up! registration on the 5th floor. Great breakfast and it's free.

Gianni House is without a doubt, a home away from home. Very welcoming hostel, with friendly and approachable staff and lots of information and help given about things to do in the local area. It is a mere 5 minute walk from the beach and all the local pubs, restaurants and shops! It is clear the staff work hard to uphold high standards of cleanliness. Gianni's pasta party was the highlight of my stay :) will definitely return to this beautiful paradise and recommend it to all travellers!!!

After our stay in one more sicilian style hostel this came to us as a real europen hostel, with classic breakfast and interior. There are many europeans that you can hang out with on the roof. Staff is friendly. Only remark goes to not so good beds. They felt like rocks.

I loved everything about Gianni House! The hostel itself is very clean and the roof terasse is amazing with breathtaking views of Taormina and Etna (which was erupting while I was there). The staff gave me a warm welcome and made me feel at home, they went out of their way to help me with every question I had. The location is great too, because it's only 5 minutes away from the beach. It's also close to the nightlife, so at night you can go enjoy the roof before going out with new friends.

• 21st Jul 2014

comming here for swimming, I think this is better than staying at Taormina side because the beach is withn walking distence.

Great location, walking distance to lots of shops, restaurants, grocery store and beach. No lift, lots of stairs. The path to the beach is behind the hostel, ok during the day but kinda sketchy at night bad lighthing. I would recommend downloading a flashlight app for your phone so you can use it.

Lovely staff, very helpful. Some things are under renovation which caused a few hiccups which may be good to let people know in advance! No big deal though.

Gianni House is a home away from home. Perfectly located within a easy walking distance to the beautiful beaches. A very high standard of room cleanliness is maintained and the breakfast has lots of variety! Gianni

• 10th Jul 2014

Would recommended this hostel for sure! One thing though, the (private) room could do with a fan as there is no air conditioning... Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay there.

Hostel was really nice and clean. Breakfast was great. Only problem was our shower didn't work.

The owner Holly was great and all the room have a balcony. unfortunately the air conditioner was bad and the wi-fi was barely working.

• 4th Jul 2014

We stayed at Gianni house for a couple of days. Our experience was nice but we point out 2 disavantages: no elevator (we need to climb the stairs with our luggage for 2 floors) and we had to wash our own dishes at breakfast.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Gianni house and was made to feel really at home by the staff who are very approachable, friendly and willing to help. It is, without doubt, the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in and Gianni has real pride in his hostel and a passion to cater to a travellers needs.The location is perfect.Close to the beach, bars and restaurants.Five minutes walk to the bus station and a bus stop right at the front door.Really good breakfast and roof terrace with stunning views.

« first « Prev 1 2 3