Gianni House Reviews

47, Via Pergusa, Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Sicily, Italy

This hostel is in between Naxos and Taormina, so you must take a bus to get to the latter. However, there is so much to do there so it is worth it! The hostel is a 5-7 minute walk from the beach, which was lovely for sunset. The owner was very kind and gave us great recommendations for food (Go to Pianeta Pizza!!) as well as things to do. The buses in that area are very, very confusing, just be careful to leave enough time for waiting, and be willing to taxi occasionally. Great hostel!!

I only stayed one night at Gianni House; would have liked to stay longer, Gianni offers a home away from home with genuine Sicilian hospitality. While enjoying a welcome drink Gianni explains the area, what there is see and do, recommends local food and restaurants. Gianni House is one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in, obvious Gianni takes enormous pride in it, ensuring everyone is comfortable, happy, made to feel welcome and at home. A fantastic place! Hope to return in summer.

• 24th Mar 2014

Gianni Hostel was great! I highly recommend it. Gianni was super friendly and gave me lots of advice about what to do in the area. The best part about the hostel is its huge roofdeck, with a view of Mt. Etna. You could even see the lava glowing from it at night! Highly recommend.

I thought the hostel was in a great location although I would have like a bigger sign on the actual building, it looked like the other apartment buildings and I had to read the door buzzer. It was surprisingly big inside, my room was lovely, with a comfortable bed and a nice balcony, good shower. The dining area was nice with a balcony and a view to the ocean. I particularly liked the rooftop terrace, you could see everything from there-the sea, Mt Etna, the all the towns around. Lovely

Gianni is an amazing host, i was in low season and he gave me advices tips and receive me in such a good way that i felt in home!!!!! THANKS GIANNI!! The hostel is more than excellent: the views are amazing, Edna and sea right in your window and roof top... big and spacious. WILL BE BACK IN SUMMER

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Great hostel! I went in the middle of winter so it had a bit of a quieter atmosphere! Gianni is a fantastic host and one of the most friendly, genuine people I've met. Even though I was the only one there he gave me cooking lessons and taught me about Sicilian life. I wish I could have stayed longer, highly recommend!!!

I felt the warmest hospitaliy and atmosphere,I really enjoyed chatting during the breakfast and after dinner. I wish I could stay longer,would like to stay again if I come back to Sicily again! Thank you for your great hospitality and help! I have never stayed such fantastic hostel before.

Great hostel, stayed here in a low time but staff was really nice, and even drove my bud and I to the train station when the bus didn't come! Would definitely stay here again

Gianni house, what a time! I highly suggest staying here, it's worth every penny. The staff, aside from just being helpful and nice were some of the funniest, coolest (Becky I'm looking at you) people ever. The hostel is clean, with all the amenities you could need. Perfect location and lots of good advice on what to do in and around Catania!

excellent staff, they are full of passionate!!

This was the best hostel I have stayed in during 2 months in Italy. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It was extremely clean. Amazing view of Etna from terrace. The hostel is 15 mins by bus from Toarmina train station and so easy to find, perfect! I wish I could have stayed longer!

Amazing atmosphere. Super friendly and helpful stuff. Delicious breakfast with breathtaking view.