Gianni House Reviews

47, Via Pergusa, Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Italy

First of all... The bloke who owns and manages this, Gianni, is an absolute legend. I was the only one there asides another girl because it is winter time and sicily is quiet. But gianni treated us like kings. Took us for a tour of the town in his car and showed us his farm. Great location with bus stop right at the front that can get you to all of the local tourist attractions. I will return in peak season just to see this place when it is fully flying with backpackers.

Very kind staff and nice breakfast as well as the kitchen! Thank you so much!

Everything was perfect expect the bath water, very hot and very cold and very hot and very cold. Location is perfect, bus from airport directly stop almost in front of the hotel (name of the stop is 'Renault' , and from Renault stop you are very easy to connect to other places in Sicily. Surprise was that Renault has no so much tourists like Taormina; Room is very cute and clean, staff is really helpful. Will go again.

I highly recommend everybody to stay in Gianni House, you definitely gonna love it and want to come back soon! The rooms are impeccably cleans, with own bathrooms,lockers,confy beds and one side have an amazing view to the ionian see!The hostel has a very friendly environment and when I was there I met people from all over the word!As they have a good kitchen fully equipped, most of the travelers stay there cooking and chatting. The beach is just 5 min. walking and is the best spot in Giardini!

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thank you for a great stay! This was my second time staying at Gianni's house. Located a 15 minutes bus drive to Taormina but close to the Recanati bus station. Beach and restaurants a few minutes walk away. Warm welcome and useful information and tips by the staff. Clean and very comfortable rooms. Highly recommended.

The hostel alone was good. Beds were the comfiest I've had so far. unfortunately the location was a let down. There is not much close to the hostel and it is a little quiet for a solo traveller.

The security is poor as there are no lockers, so it's a matter of trust in your roomates, but we didn't have any problem. The location is bad, as you have to take a 20min bus for going into Taormina (the hostel is in another village). Despite this two points, all other things are great. I think there are two really important things in a b&b: good sleep and good breakfast. Both of them are great in this hostel.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for staying with us. However, we would like to clarify that there are lockers in all our dorm rooms and they are inside the closet, also we have lockets for rental at the reception. We are sorry that you did not realize about the lockers during your stay. Regarding the location, we mentioned on the description that we are located between Taormina and Giardini Naxos, about 3km from Taormina.There are buses running between our hostel and Taormina every 15 minutes during summer.

Gianni house is a great place stay it's good for relaxing and meeting new people, the staff are quite welcoming and warm, it's an ok location but feels a bit isolated. It's not so much a problem with Gianni house but the path you have to take to get to the beach is pretty bad it almost feels like your walking past a dump. I understand it's up to local councils to clean these areas but Gianni house should try and clean it up themselves because I don't think a local council even exists in Sicily.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place to stay. Very nice staff. Nearby are very nice beaches. The only thing that was very noisy at night.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Very nice hostel, I especially liked the terrace and the telescope for looking at the volcano. Just one note for improvement, it would be nice to have soap in the toilet.

Nice place, clean, beach 5 min walk, staff very helpfull, breakfast on the terrace :)

The best atmosphere, nice location, few metres from the sea, buses at 20 metres to Taormina. Great staff ,good breakfast and great terrace to see Etna volcano!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • leticialibrada82
  • Spain

Confusing directions where to get off from the bus. Bus driver does not understand/ speak English if you ask him to stop at Renault ( the driver was rude and yelled at me). I suggest you stop at the bus station. It's about 3 min walk instead of getting humiliated in public. The only time where you meet other travelers is during breakfast, otherwise no place to sit around but the narrow terrace( nice though.) Walk up! registration on the 5th floor. Great breakfast and it's free.

Gianni House is without a doubt, a home away from home. Very welcoming hostel, with friendly and approachable staff and lots of information and help given about things to do in the local area. It is a mere 5 minute walk from the beach and all the local pubs, restaurants and shops! It is clear the staff work hard to uphold high standards of cleanliness. Gianni's pasta party was the highlight of my stay :) will definitely return to this beautiful paradise and recommend it to all travellers!!!

After our stay in one more sicilian style hostel this came to us as a real europen hostel, with classic breakfast and interior. There are many europeans that you can hang out with on the roof. Staff is friendly. Only remark goes to not so good beds. They felt like rocks.

I loved everything about Gianni House! The hostel itself is very clean and the roof terasse is amazing with breathtaking views of Taormina and Etna (which was erupting while I was there). The staff gave me a warm welcome and made me feel at home, they went out of their way to help me with every question I had. The location is great too, because it's only 5 minutes away from the beach. It's also close to the nightlife, so at night you can go enjoy the roof before going out with new friends.

• 21st Jul 2014

comming here for swimming, I think this is better than staying at Taormina side because the beach is withn walking distence.

Great location, walking distance to lots of shops, restaurants, grocery store and beach. No lift, lots of stairs. The path to the beach is behind the hostel, ok during the day but kinda sketchy at night bad lighthing. I would recommend downloading a flashlight app for your phone so you can use it.

Lovely staff, very helpful. Some things are under renovation which caused a few hiccups which may be good to let people know in advance! No big deal though.

Gianni House is a home away from home. Perfectly located within a easy walking distance to the beautiful beaches. A very high standard of room cleanliness is maintained and the breakfast has lots of variety! Gianni

• 10th Jul 2014