Gilligan's Backpacker Hotel & Resort Cairns Reviews

57 - 89 Grafton Street, Cairns, Australia

I expected Gilligans to be a non stop party hostel but in fact was pleasantly surprised that it was a lot more relaxed than I envisioned. They could do with more toilets on each floor as if someone is using the bathroom in your room, you just have to wait until they're finished. Staff were ok but didnt really give me any info when I checked in on any of the facilities. Best part was the free meal with the purchase of any drink.

Great loved this hostel one of the best I have stayed at! But was I shame I had to queue forever to check out as they had next to no staff checking people out and they where taking a long time doing so

Rooms were very comfortable with a kitchen on each floor. Great staff down stairs to plan out your trip and make bookings. BEST BAR area I have been to. They have a club down stairs with a different theme each night. Pool is always closed it seems like, but nice. Short 5 min walk from the Lagoon.

One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at.

When I first arrived at the hostel, the staff checked me in in quickly and politely. They also gave me information on where to go and what to do. Room was on the first floor above the office, so nights were loud because of the club. To be expected, they do tell you that there's a club downstairs. Just remember earplugs.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Great hostel, easy to meet people, incredibly clean. This place looks and feels kind of like a resort but the staff are incredibly rude and unhelpful. From the cleaners to security to the front desk I had nothing but bad experiences from them.

Loved my stay here, more like a hotel than a hostel, so clean, and great atmosphere

• 1st Mar 2015

Lively atmosphere where there's always something going on. It's a big hostel so not for people wanting a bit of a chilled one. Had an amazing time there but their security are awful, aggressive for no reason and power mad. Lots of rules there, especially with drinking your own alcohol in the hostel

Good location, close to shops and the lagoon. staff aren't very helpful, check in takes a long time and there were ants in the kitchen. also annoying having 1 shower between 8 people.

• 27th Feb 2015

One of the best hostel I've stayed in! The bar is great and they have free dinner if you buy a drink (that is 4 or 5,5 dolars). The facilities are perfect! But you have to pay for the internet (and try on the time otherwise if doesn't work they can't do nothing and you have to pay again). But is definetely a great place to stay, i'd come back for sure!

Loved it, best hostel I've seen so far! Staff was super friendly, I had to change plans and leave 2 days earlier than expected and I got a refund for the two nights, which hostels usually never do! Rooms were really nice and clean, maybe not enough electricity outlets, one for each bed but since every backpacker brings those gigantic adapters we didn't have enough plugs to charge all phones, but that's a minor disadvantage. Aircon, balcony, own shower and toilet in the 8 bed dorm, awesome!

A great hostel for meeting people. I was on my own, but not for long! The staff are helpful, the food is good and the bar is great fun with good deals for backpackers. The rooms are clean and safe. I would recommend Gilligan's Hostel and would stay here again

• 20th Feb 2015

The Best backpack I have never done... great swimming pool, lounge and room. Air conditionned, toilets and shower in each one... The wifi isnt free ($2 per day) but there is a good connexion.

Great party hostel - can imagine it wouldn't be great if you didn't want to go out though! The kitchen was alright - bit small r the amount of people but relatively clean although the toaster always broke!! Pool looked so nice but unfortunate it was too rainy to swim! Woolworth's is very close.

So far the best hostel I ever stayed at and already planning to come back. Rooms were spacious and clean, A/C working, beds comfy, kitchens big enough with enough refrigerators and dry storage, extremely helpful staff, loads of activities, nice and big pool and great club! Can't wish for better place!!!!

Best location for cairns, a few minutes walk from everything you need. The bar is pretty cheap if you drink beer and fun to go at night. Highly recommended!

I really enjoyed my stay here. I hab booked a lovely double room which ended up being a king sized room. We were on the top floor so it was a lot quiter. This is defiantly a party resort/hostel. Kithen facilites were lovely and clean and they had 24hr reception which is always great. The location is spot on and there's a mall lots of clubs and bars and Woolworth all in walking distance. Only this was its is very expensive but worth it!

Absolutely LOVED my stay at Gilligans !! Always a fun and lively atmosphere !! Great people , good staff ! Rooms were great beds so comfy, bathrooms clean , AC was a huge bonus!! Kitchens Nd common rooms were great !!! Travel agent help with day trips was amazing super helpful !! By far best hostel I've stayed at !!!!!

This hostal was great. So much going on and right in the heart of cairns. Would definitely recommend!!

Brilliant hostel with a great atmosphere, fantastic kitchen and laundry facilities, clean dorms with en-suite bathrooms and helpful staff. Met lots of great people as a solo traveller and couldn't recommend it enough. If you go to Cairns, stay at Gilligans!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4