Gilligan's Backpacker Hotel & Resort Cairns Reviews

57 - 89 Grafton Street, Cairns, Australia

Had a great experience

I loved my stay at Gilligans great hostel and a really fun atmosphere.

• 28th Aug 2015

Lockers in room don't fit 15 inch laptops or other "bulky" items. Very professional staff and processes. Best place in town probably.

Place was pretty good. Easy access to everything, club was close by and roommates were pretty friendly.

Gilligan's is probably the best place to stay in Cairns if you're looking for a party hostel. Overall, we had a great time. Reasonable prices, clean room and really friendly staff. The bar/club at Gilly's is pretty fun and offers good deals. If you're looking to relax and get some sleep I would not stay here because you can hear whatever is going on downstairs quite clearly in the rooms. However, if you want to have a good time, go out every night and don't mind losing some sleep, stay here!

Staff very kind, cleaned rooms and above all great atmosphere. Five stars.

We were so happy with our stay at Gilligans, and I would recommend this hostel to all students and backpackers. I literally had the most amazing stay at Gilligans.

• 5th Aug 2015

The cleaning Staff cared well for cleanliness but it's difficult if there are girls in the room living like a pig. There was an old muffin under one of the beds although it is not allowed to eat in the rooms. Should care a bit better for that rule.

Great hostel! If you are looking for party this is the place to stay.

I thought the price of the rooms/beds was a bit high for what you got. The deals on drinks and meals were good and the nightlife was cool but couldn't have stayed longer than 2 nights as the music is so incredibly loud you can't sleep until 5am!

Had an awesome experience staying at Gilligan's. Can be a bit noisy at night if you're trying to sleep but for the price you can't complain too much. If a quiet night's sleep is what you're after request a room on one of the higher floors. The meal deal in the hostel bar is very good value for money too. If you're travelling solo and looking to meet people here is the place to do it, everyone is incredibly friendly!

Easily the best backpackers hostel in Australia I've been. It's so clean and the facilities are flaveless. It was my third time coming back to this hostel because it's just so good. Only sleeping might be hard in some rooms because it for sure is a party hostel, but I've been really lucky with my roomies and have been able to sleep the whole night. If you are at Cairns to party definitely stay at Gilligan's and if you're not just take ear plugs and sleeping mask and enjoy the great hostel.

This place does not live up to the hype that people give it. The pub/nightclub was never full while I was there, the DJ's play the same music pretty much every night and most drinks are way too expensive. A lot of people end their trip here so already have their group of friends after travelling. Therefore it is really difficult to meet new people as everyone is already really clicky. The best thing about is place was the food which was really nice and very well priced! Overall, very average!

No complaints. I really enjoyed my stay and can only recommend it further!

Having an oven in the kitchen would make this a great hostel. And actually being allowed to drink in the hostel.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I was disappointed to find out that the free airport shuttle is only one way, and that it is $15 on the bus to return (cheaper if you travel in a group). But the food over at the pub was brilliant, the hostel was really clean and there was a great atmosphere. A staff member came knocking in our room door at 10ish inviting us downstairs to the nights event at 11. The staff was really good, shout out to Peter. All in all, awesome place to stay.

Not sure what all the hype is about. Greeted at 6am after a night greyhound with a grunt that we couldn't check in until 2, with no attempt to see if there were any beds free. He then grunted at us to put our bags in storage and 'hang around until check in'. We had to prompt him to tell us where we could wait and when asked if there was a toilet we were told there weren't any. Considering it's a party hostel the cleaners coming in at 10am banging around and talking amongst themselves isn't great

Really good hostel, location is great! And the night time deals are really good. Good place to meet people and if you're looking to party!

Such a mint place to stay!! A party hostel for sure. Clean dorms, good bar below, big kitchens and hot water!

If you haven't stayed at Gilligan's, you haven't done cairns. Totally awesome place! I stayed there for almost a week and can't imagine any better place. Gilligan's have a great location. Walking distance to everything. shops, the lagoon, Woolworth and bars. To the best bar you don't even have to walk. It's in the hostel!! The bar have always some special offers for the day. My favorite: buy a drink, get a free meal! And it's proper food! very clean, helpful and friendly staff. The best hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4