Gilligan's Backpacker Hotel & Resort Cairns Reviews

57 - 89 Grafton Street, Cairns, Australia

This hostel was nicer than the 3.5 star hotel I stayed at in Cairns the previous night! Brand new facilities which are very clean and well-kept. The bed was comfy and I was happy to have air-conditioning in the room. The rooms are pretty well-insulated from outside noise. The staff were also very helpful and arranged my airport transfer for me.

Very clean, very big, very nice, good location, good security, nightclub is really nice, staff is nice, close to Woolworths and Coles (in the shoppingmall), close to lagoon, restaurants and esplanade. Kitchen is really clean en nice. Temperarure in the room was very good, bathroom and bed was really nice. Enough sockets in the room. Loved my stay there during Christmas and Newyears!

Only issue was noise was extremely horrible until all hours of the morning (until 5am usually).

• 23rd Dec 2014

Stayed here over Christmas for 4 nights and was so sad to leave!! Student style hotel resort as appose to a backpackers, felt like we were in luxury for a change!! Great rooms, great bar, great way to meet people. Will be back without a doubt!

Great hostel, very clean and in great location; only 10minute walk to terminal and loads restaurants and shops. This is perfect for backpackers who want to meet people and party. If you are looking for somewhere quiet, this is not for you as music goes on until early hours of the morning, but if you don't mind not getting no sleep I would highly recommend this hostel; best hostel we have stayed in so far.

Amazing hostel. Nice place, everything closeby. I had a room at the third floor and then you do not have that much problems with the noise/music. Be on the second floor and you will have much more fun/problems with the noise/music.

professional, huge, secure. i didn't worry about the music, i heard in third level too through the night, i can sleep with regular beats. but: icecold aircondition in the dorm, i never had such a cold night in a hostel. 3 warm sheets were ther on the bed, but not enough for me. it is a party hostel, but good value if you just need a stay and didn't find another hostel.

Had a great stay and met nice people. Its a party hostel so expect some noise. But expect more if you're over the club like me. Couldn't sleep till like 3am each night really. Still, were some of the nicest rooms I'd stayed in with lockers in each. No charger by my bed tho.

This place was amazing by far my favorite hostel I have stayed in. This hostel has anything u can think of. Highly recommend only downfall from other hostels is in room lockers and outlets at the bed to charge my electronics. Everything else was perfect. Would stay here again!

Just loved it ! Will go back there for sure !

If you are after a party this is the hostel to stay. The hostel has everything you need. The kitchen area was always kept clean and reminders of what is going on in the hostel. Even though it has the bar next door i never really heard any noise in my room at night great place to stay.

There were no lockers available in my 4 share room which I find to be highly unacceptable

Very much a party hostel, loud beating music every night but it's easy to sleep through. I stayed here for four nights and I didn't spend much time in the town or hostel. Very modern, very comfy, very good quality. Good location too about five minute away from the Main Street and lagoon/bay. I am not a party person in the slightest, but I would go back again!

Nice hostel, with good kitchens, gilligans bar is probably the liveliest place in Cairns.

Great hostel, worth the money. Amazing facilities (like a hotel!), however it is a party hostel. I asked for a quiet room as I only had 2 nights stay (got there late, and left early for airport after 2nd) and the staff were great and I did get a quiet room! Lockers in the dorms and comfy beds. Party atmosphere is great if that's what you want! Very sociable! Will be staying here again soon to party!

Really good location and good clean dorms with a nice ensuite shower. Large clean kitchen with plenty of fridge space. Great if you want to go out every night but no good if you have to be up early for a trip or want an undisturbed nights sleep as it is a party hostel.

Must stay here!

Wet T-Shirt competition was a bit dodgy... Particularly as it featured some incredibly drunk 'just turned' 18 year olds girls. Left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth after an otherwise really incredible trip.

• 27th Nov 2014

Really fun hostel, incredible bar space that attracts people from all the other hostels as well.

Great place!