Ginga Hostel Reviews

Rua Gabriel Santos, 165, Serra, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Everything is clean, seems safe and most of the staff is friendly willing to help.It´s located pretty good, the bar neighbourhood isnt too far away. The atmosphere is calm, too quiet for my taste, not for the ones willing to party. Breakfast is basic, but all in all is good. When I booked it stated they accepted credit cards, but they don't.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Uruguay

I had a very pleasent stay at Ginga Hostel, the staff was incredible helpful and freindly. The room i stayed in, was where comfortable and cheap at thye sametime, so in all i had a blast ;)

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

The staffs are super friendly.

My friend and I booked a private room to avoid noisy dormitories. We were a little disappointed to discover that the private room was next to the common area where people can make noise until 2 am. The dormitory upstairs would probably have been quieter! Also there is no window in the private room and the bathroom was very moldy. Also we had two cockroaches. Breakfast was very very basic, no cheese, stale bread. However, the atmosphere in this place is really relaxed, and it's really cheap!

Very nice place! Felt like home.

• 6th Nov 2013

Good hostel! It is well located and clean. The staff are friendly. The breakfast should be better but is good.

I stayed here only one night, but my complaints about this hostel are: they only accepted cash at the time of payment-this was noted NOWHERE in their description. Luckily I had enough with me! The facilities were average-on the floor I was on, there was only 1 toilet and 1 shower, for an entire floor. The shower looked like it hadn t been cleaned in awhile.

• 27th Oct 2013

I found the hostel to be very relaxed and the staff very helpful and friendly, would definitely stay again.

Ginga Hostel is an amazing hostel to be The receptionist Natalia is great..helpful very professional and beautiful Rooms are really clean on white color which show the cleanness place,,, breakfast should be better but is good There is a Portuguese guy i do not remember his name he is not friendly and i would say that he is not prepared to work hosting people cos he wasnt so freindly when friend mine asked to use toilet *rude face* my overall experience was ok Natalia n Ton very friendly...

Well, Ginga is a well located hostel in BH. Me and my brother enjoyed the stay as the staff is really friendly and always trying to help you. The breakfast is fairly simple and the structure itself is as simple. Nothing you never saw in other hostels. Overall it is a good experience.

Very good hostel! The staff is really nice, they offer you many options such as transfer, the hostel is very clean and cozy... the atmosphere is awesome and it is located just a few minutes by bus from the most interesting points in the city!

Nice and helpful staff, location was good to access city but catching buses or taxis into town became annoying. Excellent fast internet on computer, wifi good speed. Security of hostel was good (intercom and locked gate) however the dorm rooms had no key and no lockers, pretty poor

This place is the best. Fun, great access to the city, great advice on things to do and so clean, well-decorated and welcoming.

• 24th Feb 2013

It was really nice place for traveller who visit belo horizonte first. A facility is clean and well organized, and staff there(sorry, I forgot her name..) was really awesome! I was satisfied with everything there. I can recommend strongly and if I visit belo horizonte again, i will stay there without hesitate.

• 22nd Feb 2013
  • South Korea

Excellent hostel, newly opened , real character, secure, great location, clean, good atmosphere, great facilities and above all really wonderful staff,. highly recommend it., if you go to belo hozironte, go here, oh yea! and they have a pool table...and a jukebox...and more.

View all Belo Horizonte Hostels