Ginga Hostel Reviews

Rua Gabriel Santos, 165, Serra, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

The room was too small for 6 people and the door was broken , you could hear all the noise outside . Rooms with more beds , which are cheaper , were MUCH better than the 6 beds. O quarto era muito pequeno para 6 pessoas e a porta estava quebrada, dava para escutar todo o barulho do lado de fora. Os quartos com mais camas, que são mais baratos, eram MUITO melhores do que o de 6 camas.

This is a great hostel with all amenities, easy access to the rest of the city, and great common areas. Only negatives are that there is only one shower for most of the dorms. I heard that one of the dorms had a shower inside, but ours did not, and there were many others that did not, so we had to wait in line for the one shower. We also had our laundry done, but it took days and we were missing some of our clothes. But this was due to the influx of guests during world cup.

There were 2 bathrooms for the whole hostel and no taxi drivers seemed to know where it was.

Very noisy! The rooms aren't well isolated. Ideal if you're looking for a place to party but not to rest.

Poor service, crappy rooms with 3 bunk beds on 15 sq m. Toilet seemed like it was cleaned weekly. Stay somewhere else

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

I like the fact that by the time I was staying there, the hostel made efforts to have the local TV station - Record Minas- come over for interviews relating to the FIFA World Cup.

The hostel was very expensive R$200 for the night, it took an hour to check-in even though we were the only ones waiting to check-in. It was completely full because of the world cup and yet they only had one staff member working which was ridiculous, there were only two bathrooms we had to wait an hour just to shower!! They couldn't have cared less, they just wanted the money. The next night we found a 3 star hotel for less money!!

Enjoyed myself a lot. Very functional hostel with friendly staff. Thank you so much!

some bunk beds broke while people were sleeping

According to many people we spoke to, the hostel is not located in a safe area, however, we (or knew of anybody) who had a problem. The hostel is far from downtown and the metro which makes it a little inconvenient. The staff is great but it looks like the place is never cleaned! the washrooms were always dirty.

Everything is clean, seems safe and most of the staff is friendly willing to help.It´s located pretty good, the bar neighbourhood isnt too far away. The atmosphere is calm, too quiet for my taste, not for the ones willing to party. Breakfast is basic, but all in all is good. When I booked it stated they accepted credit cards, but they don't.

I had a very pleasent stay at Ginga Hostel, the staff was incredible helpful and freindly. The room i stayed in, was where comfortable and cheap at thye sametime, so in all i had a blast ;)

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

The staffs are super friendly.

My friend and I booked a private room to avoid noisy dormitories. We were a little disappointed to discover that the private room was next to the common area where people can make noise until 2 am. The dormitory upstairs would probably have been quieter! Also there is no window in the private room and the bathroom was very moldy. Also we had two cockroaches. Breakfast was very very basic, no cheese, stale bread. However, the atmosphere in this place is really relaxed, and it's really cheap!

Very nice place! Felt like home.

• 6th Nov 2013

Good hostel! It is well located and clean. The staff are friendly. The breakfast should be better but is good.

I stayed here only one night, but my complaints about this hostel are: they only accepted cash at the time of payment-this was noted NOWHERE in their description. Luckily I had enough with me! The facilities were average-on the floor I was on, there was only 1 toilet and 1 shower, for an entire floor. The shower looked like it hadn t been cleaned in awhile.

• 27th Oct 2013

I found the hostel to be very relaxed and the staff very helpful and friendly, would definitely stay again.

Ginga Hostel is an amazing hostel to be The receptionist Natalia is great..helpful very professional and beautiful Rooms are really clean on white color which show the cleanness place,,, breakfast should be better but is good There is a Portuguese guy i do not remember his name he is not friendly and i would say that he is not prepared to work hosting people cos he wasnt so freindly when friend mine asked to use toilet *rude face* my overall experience was ok Natalia n Ton very friendly...

Well, Ginga is a well located hostel in BH. Me and my brother enjoyed the stay as the staff is really friendly and always trying to help you. The breakfast is fairly simple and the structure itself is as simple. Nothing you never saw in other hostels. Overall it is a good experience.

View all Belo Horizonte Hostels