Ginkgo Hostel Reviews

Szep u. 5., Budapest, Hungary

when I first got there it felt a little sketchy, but its actually really close to nice areas and I felt it was plenty safe and clean after the first day. the staff were excellent. the WiFi was good. kitchen facilities were lacking, but that wasn't important to me.

I booked at this hostel when I needed a break from people due to its price (5€ for weeknight when I was there), and it was exactly that. It's extremely quiet, no atmosphere, mostly older guests. But the rooms are very big, there are some (minimal) kitchen facilities, it's clean, and the wifi worked well - but only in the common space. Location is alright, but not near the nicer parts of the city nor other hostels. The directions to the hostel were super clear, so easy to get to from train statio

Good location, only 10 - 15 mins walk to ruins bars and close to river Danube. Not a particularly party hostel as there didn't seem to be many people staying there, very quaint and quiet. Very friendly staff who were very helpful. Only problems was that there was not enough plug sockets in rooms and we also had to walk through another dorm to get to ours, so if we came back late we would disturb people sleeping - obviously not a problem for us, but annoying for others!

Very good cheep and clean hostel located at the heart of Budapest.

Really good location. Rooms are very spacious but not enough PowerPoint sockets. Nice atmosphere. Could be cleaner but pretty good. Limited cooking facilities but enough to whip up some quick meals. Overall had a good stay here.

Hostel too Noisy, since the dorms are very close to the commun room, quietness should be required after 22:00. TDuring my stay, people were discussing loudly at 4 AM in the commun room without reaction of the staff. There are plenty of bars in the neighborhood for people wanting too discuss after 22:00

The hostel staff are welcoming and it is conveniently located near to historical sights. It'd be an ideal couples place in a private room but as a solo traveller the hostel lacked the buzz and busy hostel feel - however, if you want a quieter place in Budapest away from full on party time it is your best bet.

We really enjoyed our stay at Ginkgo. Lovely, VERY helpful and warm staff. A quaint little hostel, a little bit quirky and cute. Wifi worked great in our room. Easy location to see what we wanted to see in Budapest. We will recommend!

The hostel has a great environment and is in a good location. The staff are friendly and we would recommend it.