Ginkgo Hostel Reviews

Szep u. 5., Budapest, Hungary

The hostel is in a great location near 2 underground stations so that was a definite plus. The rooms were nice but the beds were very uncomfortable. We felt all the staff apart from one of the women were quite rude to us and we didn't like that at all. The atmosphere of the hostel is appalling so if you're the kind of person who likes to make friends in the hostel don't stay here!

Spent two nights here so that I could go to sziget and it was a lovely hostel run by lovely people. All the staff were helpful, it was easy to get around the city because it was close to the metro and the room had a fan so it wasn't too hot!

The hostel staff were super awesome and extremely helpful!They really make the experience even better!The wifi doesn't work in the rooms but that wasn't a big deal.It was a low key place not a party hostel - which is what I preferred.I enjoyed my stay.

Most staff were helpful and friendly. Had a lot of good information about things to do in the city. The beds were nice and the whole area was quite. Nothing to complain the showers were clean and the hostel had a friendly atmosphere

We had a wonderful stay here! The classical music playing, the clean facilities, and the friendliness of staff/travelers made for a great couple of nights. We would definitely stay here again if we return! The beds were clean and comfortable and the lockers were great. And it was in a perfect location. Hopefully the book exchange will expand, though, since there weren't many options when we were there. At times, it was also hard to find an open bathroom since they're all single-user.

Excellent staff who went out of their way to help! Clean and tidy! Could have done with a proper shower curtain to stop the water. Location was great! Definitely stay here again! Dont be afraid by first impressions - looks way better on the inside!

Incredible staff, perfect location, great price, and wonderful atmosphere. Very good for solo travelers, as the atmosphere facilitates community between guests. I really enjoyed my time there. The only downside is the bedding. The mattresses are thin, although you can get used to that. But my god...the pillow. That was just the saddest little excuse for a pillow I've ever come across. If the British archeologist chick is still living there, tell her I said hi. She's interesting...

could use another shower plus walking through one dorm to get to another a bit of an issue.

Really cosy hostel, people really willing to help and advice you. small kitchen but really good position. Really clean! good atmosphare,,,

Dear Corinna, Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you again soon! : ) Best regards, Zsófi from Ginkgo

Very calming and friendly atmosphere, I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms are really spacious. Wifi works only in common room, but well. Free tea and coffee. I felt really safe and a bit at home. Fellow travellers were respectful and quiet at night. Nice staff. Good location, walking distance from many historical sights.

Dear Dorothea, Thank you for your nice review, it means a lot to us. : ) We hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Zsófi from Ginkgo