Ginkgo Hostel Reviews

Szep u. 5., Budapest, Hungary

I loved it there! Cute hostel with friendly staff. Definitely great value for the money. Will come back for sure!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Serbia

Dear Marko, Thank you for the nice review, I hope we will see you soon in Budapest again! : ) If you have any tips on how we can improve the hostel please let us know! Best regards, Zsófi from Ginkgo

when I first got there it felt a little sketchy, but its actually really close to nice areas and I felt it was plenty safe and clean after the first day. the staff were excellent. the WiFi was good. kitchen facilities were lacking, but that wasn't important to me.

I booked at this hostel when I needed a break from people due to its price (5€ for weeknight when I was there), and it was exactly that. It's extremely quiet, no atmosphere, mostly older guests. But the rooms are very big, there are some (minimal) kitchen facilities, it's clean, and the wifi worked well - but only in the common space. Location is alright, but not near the nicer parts of the city nor other hostels. The directions to the hostel were super clear, so easy to get to from train statio

Good location, only 10 - 15 mins walk to ruins bars and close to river Danube. Not a particularly party hostel as there didn't seem to be many people staying there, very quaint and quiet. Very friendly staff who were very helpful. Only problems was that there was not enough plug sockets in rooms and we also had to walk through another dorm to get to ours, so if we came back late we would disturb people sleeping - obviously not a problem for us, but annoying for others!

Very good cheep and clean hostel located at the heart of Budapest.

Really good location. Rooms are very spacious but not enough PowerPoint sockets. Nice atmosphere. Could be cleaner but pretty good. Limited cooking facilities but enough to whip up some quick meals. Overall had a good stay here.