Ginkgo Hostel Reviews

Szep u. 5., Budapest, Hungary

The hostel is in a great location near 2 underground stations so that was a definite plus. The rooms were nice but the beds were very uncomfortable. We felt all the staff apart from one of the women were quite rude to us and we didn't like that at all. The atmosphere of the hostel is appalling so if you're the kind of person who likes to make friends in the hostel don't stay here!

Spent two nights here so that I could go to sziget and it was a lovely hostel run by lovely people. All the staff were helpful, it was easy to get around the city because it was close to the metro and the room had a fan so it wasn't too hot!

The hostel staff were super awesome and extremely helpful!They really make the experience even better!The wifi doesn't work in the rooms but that wasn't a big deal.It was a low key place not a party hostel - which is what I preferred.I enjoyed my stay.

Most staff were helpful and friendly. Had a lot of good information about things to do in the city. The beds were nice and the whole area was quite. Nothing to complain the showers were clean and the hostel had a friendly atmosphere

We had a wonderful stay here! The classical music playing, the clean facilities, and the friendliness of staff/travelers made for a great couple of nights. We would definitely stay here again if we return! The beds were clean and comfortable and the lockers were great. And it was in a perfect location. Hopefully the book exchange will expand, though, since there weren't many options when we were there. At times, it was also hard to find an open bathroom since they're all single-user.

Excellent staff who went out of their way to help! Clean and tidy! Could have done with a proper shower curtain to stop the water. Location was great! Definitely stay here again! Dont be afraid by first impressions - looks way better on the inside!

Incredible staff, perfect location, great price, and wonderful atmosphere. Very good for solo travelers, as the atmosphere facilitates community between guests. I really enjoyed my time there. The only downside is the bedding. The mattresses are thin, although you can get used to that. But my god...the pillow. That was just the saddest little excuse for a pillow I've ever come across. If the British archeologist chick is still living there, tell her I said hi. She's interesting...

could use another shower plus walking through one dorm to get to another a bit of an issue.

Really cosy hostel, people really willing to help and advice you. small kitchen but really good position. Really clean! good atmosphare,,,

Dear Corinna, Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you again soon! : ) Best regards, Zsófi from Ginkgo

Very calming and friendly atmosphere, I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms are really spacious. Wifi works only in common room, but well. Free tea and coffee. I felt really safe and a bit at home. Fellow travellers were respectful and quiet at night. Nice staff. Good location, walking distance from many historical sights.

Dear Dorothea, Thank you for your nice review, it means a lot to us. : ) We hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Zsófi from Ginkgo

I loved it there! Cute hostel with friendly staff. Definitely great value for the money. Will come back for sure!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Serbia

Dear Marko, Thank you for the nice review, I hope we will see you soon in Budapest again! : ) If you have any tips on how we can improve the hostel please let us know! Best regards, Zsófi from Ginkgo

when I first got there it felt a little sketchy, but its actually really close to nice areas and I felt it was plenty safe and clean after the first day. the staff were excellent. the WiFi was good. kitchen facilities were lacking, but that wasn't important to me.

I booked at this hostel when I needed a break from people due to its price (5€ for weeknight when I was there), and it was exactly that. It's extremely quiet, no atmosphere, mostly older guests. But the rooms are very big, there are some (minimal) kitchen facilities, it's clean, and the wifi worked well - but only in the common space. Location is alright, but not near the nicer parts of the city nor other hostels. The directions to the hostel were super clear, so easy to get to from train statio

Good location, only 10 - 15 mins walk to ruins bars and close to river Danube. Not a particularly party hostel as there didn't seem to be many people staying there, very quaint and quiet. Very friendly staff who were very helpful. Only problems was that there was not enough plug sockets in rooms and we also had to walk through another dorm to get to ours, so if we came back late we would disturb people sleeping - obviously not a problem for us, but annoying for others!

Very good cheep and clean hostel located at the heart of Budapest.

Really good location. Rooms are very spacious but not enough PowerPoint sockets. Nice atmosphere. Could be cleaner but pretty good. Limited cooking facilities but enough to whip up some quick meals. Overall had a good stay here.

Hostel too Noisy, since the dorms are very close to the commun room, quietness should be required after 22:00. TDuring my stay, people were discussing loudly at 4 AM in the commun room without reaction of the staff. There are plenty of bars in the neighborhood for people wanting too discuss after 22:00

The hostel staff are welcoming and it is conveniently located near to historical sights. It'd be an ideal couples place in a private room but as a solo traveller the hostel lacked the buzz and busy hostel feel - however, if you want a quieter place in Budapest away from full on party time it is your best bet.

We really enjoyed our stay at Ginkgo. Lovely, VERY helpful and warm staff. A quaint little hostel, a little bit quirky and cute. Wifi worked great in our room. Easy location to see what we wanted to see in Budapest. We will recommend!

The hostel has a great environment and is in a good location. The staff are friendly and we would recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7