Ginkgo Hostel Reviews

Szep u. 5., Budapest, Hungary

The hostel has a great environment and is in a good location. The staff are friendly and we would recommend it.

I had a nice stay here, however air conditioning is necessary over summer periods. Could have more atmosphere in the common area, maybe it would require more couches and less single seating?

Run by lovely Hungarians, in a quiet yet central part of the city. A great vibe of people. Would stay again.

• 19th Jul 2014

The Ginkgo hostel is very nice. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. The beds are nice and there is always hot water. They do not have British people vomiting and shouting- a very clam and chill place. Good for meeting people.

Me & my friend were travelling when we booked the Ginkgo Hostel for our stay in Budapest. It was a little hard to find, but once we were there we were pleased. We met some really great people at the hostel during our stay and the staff were friendly also. We loved Budapest so much we decided to stay an extra night. The staff were extremely accommodating and there was no problem with arranging an additional stay. Once again, met some fantastic people to hang with which made this place so great!

• 5th Jul 2014

The location is very good, in the center of Budapest ; The staff is highly kind and helpful ; The hostel is always very clean and quiet ; The kitchen is poor but it is told in the presentation of the hostel, so no surprise ; The only bad thing is about the beds that are highly unconmfortable.

• 4th May 2014

I stayed at the hostel in early May of 2014. The location is excellent. The staff was very helpful and spoke English well. It was quiet which I appreciated. The only thing that I didn't like was lack of sink in the kitchen.

Very nice and functional hostel with a friendly and very helpful staff. Location is excellent and most traditional tourist sights is within walking distance. The toilet/shower capacity is low. Kitchen facilities are limited and breakfast is not included.

It's in a real good location, IN the city centre, the staff is really nice, and is cheap.

The double room is quite big and it is a pleasure when the owner is working because she gives great advice on where to go.

This was a great hostel, very secure with huge rooms and large lockers. Would happily recommend to someone or stay there again!

Bedroom spaces were wonderful, kitchen wasn't up to scratch, a stove and a decent sink are required.

• 19th Sep 2013

More of a home than hostel. Not a hip place to meet fellow travellers, but a perfect neat clean place to relax (which we wanted as we were a group of 4). Folks running the hostel are available & very helpful - gave us good tips. They had the tickets to the baths as well for no extra cost. The location is very good - 10 mins walk to the old town and river + metro & bus stops just outside. It's very close to the main street. So lots of cafes, bars, eateries, ATMs around. Definitely recommend.

Great location. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Atmosphere was laid back and homey, not a party hostel. Nice if that's what you're looking for.

Great location, friendly staff... Will definitely come back!

The staff was very nice. The girl took the time to answer all my questions and helped me find the right transportation for my next destination; I really appreciated!

Very reasonably priced, small, clean and welcoming hostel which was walking distance to most things in town. The staff really do help you make the most out of your stay and will recommend great places to eat, where to drink/dance or things to do. The girl with black hair and glasses is extremely friendly and helpful and I really don't think my stay in Budapest would have been as enjoyable without her assistance. Would happily stay there again if heading back to Budapest any time in the future.

Excellent location and friendly + helpful staff. There is a super market nearby with great selections at real cheap price and right next to the train station.

Really nice and well located hostel! It was extremely clean and the staff was absolutely nice and helpful. The rooms are big and even though I stayed in very hot days, it was hot at all inside.

The hostel had spacy rooms, with big windows to get fresh air. Not 100% clean, but clean enough. 24-hour staff that is very helpfull. Staff helps you plan your stay in Budapest with great tips etc. Location is awesome, close to places like the Szimpla or Corvinteto. Also close to metrostation (Astoria). Tesco next door. Breakfast didn't look very spectacular, but there is enough opportunity to fix your own breakfast. A fridge is available, as well as a cooker and pans.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7