Ginkgo Hostel Reviews

Szep u. 5., Budapest, Hungary

It's in a real good location, IN the city centre, the staff is really nice, and is cheap.

The double room is quite big and it is a pleasure when the owner is working because she gives great advice on where to go.

This was a great hostel, very secure with huge rooms and large lockers. Would happily recommend to someone or stay there again!

Bedroom spaces were wonderful, kitchen wasn't up to scratch, a stove and a decent sink are required.

• 19th Sep 2013

More of a home than hostel. Not a hip place to meet fellow travellers, but a perfect neat clean place to relax (which we wanted as we were a group of 4). Folks running the hostel are available & very helpful - gave us good tips. They had the tickets to the baths as well for no extra cost. The location is very good - 10 mins walk to the old town and river + metro & bus stops just outside. It's very close to the main street. So lots of cafes, bars, eateries, ATMs around. Definitely recommend.

Great location. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Atmosphere was laid back and homey, not a party hostel. Nice if that's what you're looking for.

Great location, friendly staff... Will definitely come back!

The staff was very nice. The girl took the time to answer all my questions and helped me find the right transportation for my next destination; I really appreciated!

Very reasonably priced, small, clean and welcoming hostel which was walking distance to most things in town. The staff really do help you make the most out of your stay and will recommend great places to eat, where to drink/dance or things to do. The girl with black hair and glasses is extremely friendly and helpful and I really don't think my stay in Budapest would have been as enjoyable without her assistance. Would happily stay there again if heading back to Budapest any time in the future.

Excellent location and friendly + helpful staff. There is a super market nearby with great selections at real cheap price and right next to the train station.

Really nice and well located hostel! It was extremely clean and the staff was absolutely nice and helpful. The rooms are big and even though I stayed in very hot days, it was hot at all inside.

The hostel had spacy rooms, with big windows to get fresh air. Not 100% clean, but clean enough. 24-hour staff that is very helpfull. Staff helps you plan your stay in Budapest with great tips etc. Location is awesome, close to places like the Szimpla or Corvinteto. Also close to metrostation (Astoria). Tesco next door. Breakfast didn't look very spectacular, but there is enough opportunity to fix your own breakfast. A fridge is available, as well as a cooker and pans.

This hostel have The perfect location. It's clean and there's always a staff member who can help you. Free maps. The metro is very close and it's not hard to find.

That was exactly was I was looking for! Quite, clean with great staff in amazing location! Next time I'll be in Budapest, I'm coming back to Ginkgo!

Nice hostel, I wasn't wowed by it for being the top rated hostel in Budapest, but the staff were so knowledgeable about the city which was amazingly helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2013

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our booking because we lost our flight to Budapest. The only thing we can evaluate is the staff: they were really nice and understandable when canceling our booking.

Very good place to stay in Budapest. I can recommend.

• 14th Mar 2013
  • Czech Republic

Everything was perfect and clean! The location also good, really close to the city centre and the subway. The staff really helpful. The only "problem" was that we couldn't have wifi in the room, but just in the area around the reception. Anyway, I really recommend this hostel!

• 9th Mar 2013

Wonderful hostel. The staff went out of their way to make our stay great, and they even do the dishes for you! Nice common area and a chill place to hang out.

We stayed in Ginkgo for 4 nights and it was a very comfortable stay. The staff were helpful, suggesting places to eat or drink. They had everything we needed except for a large kitchen area. There was enough there to cook simple meals for nights in though. Beds were comfy and wooden bunks (no squeaking beds), the floor in the rooms squeaks a bit but with a pair of earplugs you can have a great nights sleep. We would stay here again when going back to Budapest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7