Giovanna Guesthouse Reviews

Put Gospe od Dracin, Kastel Luksic, Hrvatska, Split, Croatia

Giovanna was such a lovely lady, she has a nice little business! The room was excellent and had a great balcony and view. It's about a 40 mins ride from split, good for a bit of chill out time if you are on your travels!

The family who runs this establishment is what makes th Giovanna Guesthouse a perfect place to stay.

Had such a warming stay. The hospitality I received was absolutely outstanding. The family who own the property really go above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable. It was like being at home but in another country.

I felt like a friend of a family in their home. Their hospitality was outstanding.

Was a pleasant local experience however you cannot advertise wifi and then not have it!! Made life A touch difficult at the end of our trip!!!

Charming guesthouse run by the nicest, and most helpful family. The owners did everything they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible, including giving us vegetables from their garden to add to our dinner! We received a very warm welcome complete with grapa and cookies after being picked up from the train station. I would definitely stay here again, and wished I had more time to spend there!

We stayed here because it was cheap & that was what we got. Its a decent walk to the closest bus which is then 45min ride to split & closest beach is 20 mins. We asked for a cab number to take us to our next hostel in split but we're told that the staff would take us.We were told to prepay which was fine, but then we were dropped on side of the road not anywhere close to our destination. when we called to ask to be picked up again & taken to actual hostel, we were dismissed extremely rudely.

Fantastic staff incredibly helpful, always trying to get you cheered on and make you have a good time! Little bit out of town nothing which you can't get a bus too! Would recownd for sure! Thanks Sylvia and family!

• 5th Jul 2015

We had an excellent stay in Giovanni Guesthouse. Although we were only there for one night the owners went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, offering homemade wine, grapa and dinner and giving us lots of useful advice for our trip. We wished we had booked to stay for longer! Although the location is a little bit out of Split there is a bus service nearby and the hosts themselves offer lifts for a reasonable price. The scenery was also very picturesque.

• 4th Jul 2015

Unbelievable experience! You will be embraced and treated like family here. Throughout my travels, staying here with this lovely family was the highlight of my trip. Beautiful location. Hospitality out of this world.

• 4th Jul 2015

This is such a nice place to stay, with such a lovely family. We had an amazing view out over the water, it's in such a nice location. We were very comfortable, the bus is easy to get into Split and only takes about 30 mins, also it's nice being s bit away from the city. The kitchen was good and two bathrooms between 3 rooms was also very good. Great value for money. The directions are a bit confusing, but everything else was great,

The hostel is a little far to the city center, but the staff is very friendly and lovely. They gave us figs and the national drink "Grappa". We loved staying with they!

What a wonderful place and a welcoming family! I mostly chose Giovanna Guesthouse because I wanted someplace where I knew I could sleep for a night and park my car, and I admit I didn't read the reviews beforehand. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived and was greeted by friendly faces and an invitation to a barbecue dinner. The conversations were interesting and the guesthouse itself is gorgeous, clean, and well-kept. I wish I had budgeted more time to spend here.

Awesome family who runs the hostel! The night we arrived, the family had a big barbecue for all the guest. We stayed in the courtyard until late, talking, laughing and having home-made wine. The place is quite outside from Split. We had a car, so that was no problem but if you're dependent on public transport it might take you a while to get to the city center.

From the moment we arrived at Giovanna guesthouse, we felt like family. We stayed for three nights, and we enjoyed it very much. We were invited by the hosts for a barbecue the day after we arrived, along with all of the other guests, and we ate and drank with many great people.

Great people, great atmosphere

We had a great time at Giovanna Guesthouse at the beginning of June. Spacious bedroom, great balcony + fully equipped kitchen. Not far from Kaštela which is great for its quiet beaches and its café/restaurants at night. It’s easier if you have a car, especially to go to Split and Trogir ! The owners made us feel very welcomed & invited us to try local cuisine (delicious pitas !) and to taste home-made wine !!! They also gave us great tips to visit Split, according to what we were looking for!

Our cab driver from split got lost and it cost us a lot of money to get to the guesthouse as it was quite far away from split, however the owners welcomed us extremely well and were very friendly. They made sure that we had everything we needed and helped us with out travel plans. The room was massive and it was a perfect place to relax after staying in numerous youth hostels. Overall it was a very lovely stay with a beautiful view and lovely staff.

• 22nd May 2015

It was a lovely stay! It was far from the city center (so please take the bus) t they got us from the station near them, which was lovely. Thank you for the food and the drinks! The room was Lovely and had a fantastic view of the city, ocean and the stars. Thanks again!

View all Split Bed and Breakfasts