Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Giovanni is one of the best hosts I've encountered during my travels. He is so sweet and truly cares about everyone he meets. His recommendations were excellent and his pasta was delicious. I would absolutely recommend staying here and intend on telling everyone I know that is going to Napoli to do the same. Enjoy an awesome stay!

Giovanni is the nicest person you could meet. We learn alot about Napoli and the area around it from him. Good times !

Great stay there, very helpfull advices and a lot of help provided to find the best things to do and the best way to travel. I would gladly recommend to anyone :)

Giovanni is one of the sweetest and most genuine people I have ever met. He cares deeply about every guest and wants to make sure they have the best experience possible. He is filled with a vast knowledge of the Naples city and can help plan any day there. He will try to plan your trip for you but it's not a bad thing because you will learn about certain areas that are not advertised often. He also makes home made meals for everyone at least once a day. GO HERE!

Great stay at Giovanni's home! Giovanni is extremely kind and welcoming and the location is just perfect. Being in a ancient building right in the centre of Naples is a wonderful experience. The terrasse is gorgeous. And Giovanni is a gret cook! Don't hesitate to ask Giovanni what to do and see in Naples!

• 4th Jan 2016

Giovanni is a very nice man who clearly has a strong passion for Napoli. We very much enjoyed the nice environment at the hostel and were able to meet lots of other travelers. Giovanni cooked three nice meals for us (and the rest of the hostel) in just our three nights there and they were very very tasty. Overall had a lovely stay in Napoli and really liked the city.

It was a really great place to stay in Naples. I learned a lot about the city from the owner and he helped me figure out what to see and do while I was traveling alone in Italy. It was really interesting being in Naples during New Years.

Giovanni's a character, as much as Napoli is. Cooks good too, and will brief you on Napoli and surroundings well (be prepared!) Good, social flat and close to Via dei Tribunali with its delights. No plastic seats on toilets will be a novelty.

Giovanni is an exceptional host: warm, welcoming, helpful and fun. He gave us lots of information about Naples, cared all the time whether we were having a good visit. Also, the atmosphere he with the other guests is friendly and familiar . I had an awesome experience, really recommended !

Really cool hostel. Giovanni was very knowledgeable about Naples history. He even took the time to color a map of the city and suggested the best spots to visit and the best ways to get there. To top it all, he even cooked for us and was always in a good mood . Definitely the place to stay.

Giovanni is wonderful host, as everyone here says. He's always ready to help and give advices. He gives a splendid and long introduction to the history of Napoli to every guest, which can annoy those who are not interested in it. The showers were not very hot, but it was okay.

If your looking to be part of Napoli this is the place you want to be in. Not onley a perfect location, but a proud Napolitan man like Giovanni who would do everything to make you understand what Napoli is all about!

• 25th Dec 2015

Giovanni's Home is one of the best hostels I have stayed at in the world. Giovanni is great, he showed the history of Naples and what to see in Naples very patiently, he cooked dinner for us and taught us how to make Italian dishes, and he even drove me to airport with his super cool motorcycle! The convenience, cleanness, security are all great, and it feels like home :)

Giovanni is a very sweet man! His kindness is incredible and I really felt like I was in a home, not a hostel. However, he will give you a guilt trip if you don't go do enough things so be prepared to not have any down time. The place isn't the cleanest but it wasn't too bad. I do wish there had been lockers. Even though Giovanni guarantee's his place is safe, he can't choose who stays there.

Giovanni is a wonderful host who truly cares for his guests and focuses on creating a family like environment. He'll help give you a whole new perspective on Italy. From his delicious meals and lovely music to his in depth knowledge of the area and espresso shots he'll share all he has to offer. Apart from Gio's awesomeness the hostel is in an excellent location, rooms are comfy, terrace is lovely, great kitchen, etc. Loved this place and the people and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Napoli!

Giovanni was absolutely wonderful even if he couldn't quite understand my British accent! Wonderful cool and very kind and caring. I met some of the best people here. The hostel is more like a home and I haven't felt safer anywhere else. I wish I could have stayed longer!

BEST hostel in Italy. Not the best facilities perhaps, but definitely offers a prime experience in immersing yourself to Napoli's culture and history. No other hostel could be COMPARED to this one. Thanks Giovanni for your hospitality and the home cooked meal!

We arrived in Naples without a guidebook and not much of a plan. Giovanni showed us the best things to do in Naples and he was better than any guidebook could ever be. We were blown away by how beautiful Naples was and can't wait to be back to explore more!

This is a truly unique hostel, as it really feels like home. I have never had such a long checkin, BUT also I have never got so many great information about the city straight after checkin. Giovanni treats his guests with respect and demands the same from them. If you're a NERD - do not book, however if you believe that 'hostels are about people, not just facilities' this is the right place for you and you will definitely enjoy your stay! Great job Giovanni, hope to see you again sometime!

I loooved my stay at Giovanni's! He creates such an amazing atmosphere in his hostel. I felt at home immediately. Apart from taking his time to explain the city to every single one of his guests, he also cooked the most delicious dishes for me, even though I might be considered picky when it comes to food. Giovanni is a very helpful, friendly and funny person. I am already looking forward to coming back. Best wishes and thank you for everything! Uccellino.

• 15th Nov 2015