Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

This is a great place. Giovanni is awesome and gives you a great introduction to the city, and a common feeling is that you booket too few days in Naples! The place is close to everything. I doubt you can find a better place in Naples, unless you're only after partying, which you shouldn't be - Naples has so much to offer, as Giovanni made me realize! He also makes great pasta.

giovanni is a really great host! he explains everything you can do in napoli and the area and what you should avoid, and, if you are really lucky, he will cook for you! he is an excellent chef and we were lucky enough to get risotto AND pasta. :) the hostel is really clean and you have everything you need. thank you for an amazing time in napoli giovanni! tanti saluti, rachael e julianna

Giovanni's home was definetly one of the best hostels i've been! I only have to thank Giovanni for the meal, the awsome tips about the city, the ride thorugh the town. Napoli was much more then i expected because of him. =)

Giovanni is very passionate about Naples and loves meeting travelers and sharing his city with them. He gives decent advice on what to see, though maybe too much because I really wanted to explore Capri and the blue grotto but couldn't due to lack of time.

The hostel is perfect if you really want to get to know Naples.

Giivanni's is the best!!! He goes out of his way to make sure you ar happy and getting the most out of Napoli, our visit would have been so different if it weren't for him! We felt like we were staying with a favourite uncle. Recommend to anyone and everyone!!

• 7th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Definitely one of the best hostel experiences I've had in six months of solid traveling. Giovanni is the best host! He loves to share Naples with his guests and will sit you down with a map upon arrival and tell you everywhere you should go. He also cooks almost every day, so you're often treated to homemade gnocchi, risotto, and pasta. Don't come here if all you want is to party; it's a home away from home where you're encouraged to have a great time, while respecting your fellow travelers.

Giovanni is amazing. Know everythingg about Naples and u could tell how much he loves this place. He'll give everyone a thorough introduction about Naples and good suggestions on how to plan your route. He's so friendly and helpful! And saved me a plate of pasta when i arrived late at night, starving. He'll call everyone by their names which make it feels like home:)

It is a really safe place, I confidently lleave my stuffs on my room. It is like A house where people reallreally feel comfortable in. My only problem was that my bed felt a little bit unsafe.

Giovanni's place is a great stay. He's very warm and welcoming, makes you feel at home. Wants to make sure you have a good time in Naples, and he really loves his city. He will give you many recommendations on what to do! I would defiantly recommend staying here. He's an awesome guy that really looks out for you.

I have been to many hostels around europe and giovanni's hostel was for sure the best i have ever been!!! The owner was very friendly and he gave us all the information we needed. He also told us about the history of naples and other information about the region. In addition, he cooked for us and generally the atmosphere was great!! I recommend it to anyone!!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Great place to stay right near many of the best Pizzerias in Naples and Giovanni is super helpful with recommendations and things to do in Naples and nearby.

I haven't the words to say how my stay at Giovanni ' s home was !!!!! It was just Incredible !!!!Giovanni is a really great person Who enjoy host and meet the people !!!! For sur i will return at Naples just to see Giovanni !!!!!

• 24th Apr 2015

One of the few hostels I've been to that after a day or so just felt like home. Giovanni is just brilliant, though at first I thought he was annoyed at me for misinterpreting Naples - he's just so keen for you to love the place. And I did, having ended up basically following all his recommendations. It's got a super-friendly relaxed atmosphere. And oh my, the recommended pizza is amazing. Thanks so much Giovanni (for the coffee, pasta, and everything!).

I had an amazing stay at Giovanni’s Home in Napoli. Giovanni treated the hostel guests as if they were his own children. He helped me so much when I arrived in Napoli and my luggage was left at my connection in Paris. Giovanni called the airline for me and he even personally took me to the airport the next day to retrieve my luggage. I cannot express how great Giovanni was to me! I like to think of him as San Giovanni!

It was an amazing experience to stay at Giovanni's House. You really feel like staying at his house and he's really kind !!! I recommend this place for suuure!!

• 21st Apr 2015

My husband and I had mixed feelings about our stay. The location was excellent and Giovanni kindly cooked us pasta for lunch on arrival. However, there were a few things we weren't happy with. These included having to sit through a compulsory information session that went for over an hour, not having lockers for our belongings and we didn't sleep well as our mattresses were quite old and saggy. We also disliked that Giovanni smoked inside. We did however meet some great people.

• 19th Apr 2015

Giovanni was amazing and so helpful. He knows everything about Naples and the surrounding area and was really helpful with the best routes around the city and how to see a lot in a short amount of time. He even cooked for everyone at least once during their stay! There's a great community atmosphere at this hostel, I met some great people and we were able to hang out on the terrace and in the common room. The facilities are really good as well.

I had a Wonderful stay at Giovanni's Home. Giovanni is hospitable, friendly and always goes above and beyond what any average hostel offers. The hostel is in a great location, it's unique, homey, and a great place to meet cool people from everywhere. The terrace, kitchen, and the dining room are wonderful spaces. The only thing that I recommend is that Giovanni takes more vacations because he is always working tireless for the guests, and he should take care of himself!

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for the wonderful stay, advice and help during my stay.

• 16th Apr 2015