Giovanni's Home

Superb 2808 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 2808 Total Reviews

16th Feb 2017

This place is amazing. Gio cooked homemade pasta both days I was there. It was the best pasta I've ever had. Stay here for a good time.

15th Feb 2017

This hostel made me feel so at home. He takes the extra steps to make sure everyone feels welcome & has a great time. Definitely recommend!

14th Feb 2017

WOW BEST HOSTEL EVER! Although there are no lockers, I was never worried about my stuff being stolen. Bedroom is quiet. Bathroom has hair blow dryer. Fully kitchen for your use. Giovanni makes you feel right at home with cooking lessons and planning your entire trip in Napoli. You can't get a better location in the historical district. The people you will meet are genuine and you can create REAL friendships.

• Slovakia, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Giovanni is the best host you want! His hostel is clean, nice and situated in the centre near the historical monuments! Rooms were cosy and the main thing to stay here, is the owner himself - Giovanni will show you his awesome map, give you tips for awesome places, he cooked us spaghetti as well! He became like my italian father! I loved my stay, and I will definitely come back again :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

I absolutely adore Giovanni & his hostel! He is an excellent man who went out of his way to make me feel welcome in Naples. It was my first hostel stay & I was nervous at first, but he made me feel completely at ease by the end of my orientation. He runs it all on his own & it feels like staying with a family friend rather than being in a hostel/hotel. He is an excellent cook and host, & knows the history of the city incredibly well. The location is very close to the metro & DELICIOUS PIZZA.

• Hong Kong, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Feb 2017
7.4

Best staff I've ever seen! Nice and provided a lot of useful information. No locker in room. Wifi works but slow. Other stuff is ok.

3rd Feb 2017
8.0

Had a great stay at Giovanni's place. He was like a father - he stayed up to make sure everyone made it back safely at night and even prepared delicious pasta for everyone one night. He loves his city and was full of great advice on what to see/do/eat in and around Naples. The furnishings are not new (creaky beds and thin duvets) and lack of outlets next to the beds would be the only negatives. Location was perfect.

• France, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Grazie mille Giovanni for welcoming me into your home and making my birthday weekend unforgettable!! The host knows everything about Naples, how to stay safe, and the best ways to go around and make the most of your trip on a budget. The hostel is basic but clean, quiet, and perfectly located in the centre near the metro stations. It can get a tad chilly in winter but with an extra blanket it was perfect. I will be back to see more of this fine city and enjoy Giovanni's cooking and singing!

• Finland, Female, 25-30
20th Jan 2017

I came to Napoli just have a good pizza but because of Giovanni's tips I had the best pizza in my life AND experienced Napoli in a way never thought possible. It is clear the man is devoted to his hostel and its guests so you can be sure he will make you feel welcome, tells you about the history of place and gives you advice where to go. I even learnt how to cook Italian food and got comfortable speaking Italian! To conclude I have never had such an amazing stay, grazie mille per tutto Giovanni!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

Giovanni is an amazing host with extensive knowledge about the area. He provides maps and recommendations for local travel. He will answer any questions you have and tries to make your stay as pleasant as possible. He even cooked a huge dinner for 8 of us on our last night!