Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

On arrival Giovanni explained all the best things to do in Naples (I had no idea there was so much to see and extended my stay)and how to be safe in the city. He took me on a scenic tour on the back of his motorbike around the most stunning viewpoints of the city, a priceless experience. He gives you gelati and cooks delicious traditional pasta for you, showing you the best way to make authentic Italian pasta. You can tell Giovanni loves his job. It was an absolute pleasure staying there.

This is much more than a hostel, Giovanni really does welcome you into his home and is an excellent host. He was extremely generous with both his time, teaching us about the history of Naples and the best way to make the most of our short time there, and his food! We would definitely recommend staying here to anyone as it is incredibly good value and Giovanni is an absolute treasure :)

On arrival you'll be overwhelmed by Giovannis hospitality and knowledge of Naples and as you walk the streets following his advice you will be thankful for every bit of knowledge he shared. Giovanni was an amazing host, and treated us like family insisting on cooking for us (beat soup I've ever had) and even brought us gelato when we were sunbaking on the terrace. The hostel is very clean and homely and has everything you need. Thanks Giovanni for everything, hopefully we'll be back soon.

Giovanni's is really a home. The atmosphere is great and as a host, Giovanni can offer you the best experience of Naples. My experience at this hostel made my experience is Naples really special. So much local knowledge and history is to be learnt about this city. The location is good, beds are a bit uncomfortable and accommodation isn't flash but it's good value for money.

Giovanni's Home is a nice place to stay in the historic part of Naples. Giovanni is a very helpful host who will really help you to see Naples and the surrounding area if you have the time. We didn't think Naples had as much to offer as other Italian cities and didn't stay there as long. After meeting GIovanni though, we regretted that. No partying allowed here, but that was fine by us. Facilities are nothing special here but if you really want to truly see Naples, this is a good place to stay

Giovanni will provide you with a lot of information about Naples and its surroundings, which is great. Facilities are a little more ... basic.

I really enjoyed my stay at Giovanni's Home. He is an incredibly nice man and is more than willing to help you with anything you may need help with. He provides you with a map of the city and shows you where to go, what to see, etc. He made dinner for us one night and it was delicious. Highly recommended!

• 21st Jun 2015

Giovanni is amazing! Had a great time staying there. The atmosphere is like a big family in the hostel.

• 20th Jun 2015

Giovanni is the man and makes you feel at home; he made me ice cream and coffee! Really nice, cosy hostel with plenty of facilities and a great patio. Cool historic building in the old town. Can't reccomend Giovanni's enough.

The biggest attraction at this hostel, even more so than the fantastic location, is Giovanni himself. He loves Naples and will pass that love onto you during your visit.

Giovanni is the best host and the hostel is super relaxed. He gives you a really informative talk about the city when you arrive which really helped us to get the best out of Naples. The kitchen is great and so are the bathrooms. The neighbourhood is super cool and our favourite place to walk around!

A very warm welcome from Giovanni, he is an angel. I was slightly concerned at first about not having locked storage, but everyone was so nice there that I didn't worry. Love the outside area. Could not recommend this place highly enough. Have told all of my friends about Giovanni :)

• 17th Jun 2015

Giovanni is such an amazing host. He updates you on everything in the city, helps you to feel comfortable and enjoy the time you have in Naples and its surroundings. I would highly recommend this hostel and will definitely be back in the future. Thanks to Giovanni this stay for me was so much more than just staying at a hostel, but more like staying in his home. Easy to socialise and get around the city from this locations also. Best hostel I have stayed in so far on my travels.

Had a very nice stay and would definitely come back. Pros: giovanni (staff) is great and helpful (you get a lot of information): on occasion free delicious food and self made ice cream. Good location close to the metro. Very nice place to meet people to hang out with. cons: for men the bathrooms are a tad bit to small, beds are not that good. (although after a complaint about a matrass he ordered new matrasses the next day).

Thank you Giovanni for an unforgettable time in Naples! I had an amazing time staying at one of the most welcome and friendliest hostels I have been too. The advice given about the city and its surroundings was perfect and I cannot wait to come back!

• 14th Jun 2015

Giovanni is a very welcoming host. Upon arrival he gives you a map and tells you everything there is to know about Naples. He even cooked us some beautiful gnocchi. The hostel is nicely situated in de heart of the old quarter of the city, close to metroline 1 and 2 (stop MUSEO). Felt more like a homestay than a hostel.

• 11th Jun 2015

Giovanni was an amazing host who provided us with valuable information on our sightseeing excursions throughout Napoli!

• 10th Jun 2015

Giovanni was the best host ever! Cooked me delicious meals and gave the most amazing rundown of what there was to do in and around Naples! I completely changed my plans around and followed his advice which turned out brilliant. If you want a wonderful relaxing hostel atmosphere this is your go to! Love your little bird.

There are not enough words to describe the amazing time we had at Giovanni's. If you're there on pasta night, take advantage of it! I fell in love with Napoli because of Giovanni and I will never stay anywhere else in the city. He is so welcoming and you feel like family as soon as you arrive. Ask him for stories of the interesting people he's met since opening the hostel!

Giovanni's home really felt like home. The facilities were clean, there was an amazing terrace/patio space, but what really made this stay special was Giovanni himself; he even picked me up from the airport on his motorcycle and took me on a tour around Naples. On top of that, when we arrived at the hostel he made me an espresso and fed me spaghetti carbonara. Need I say more? Giovanni is such a sweetheart and extremely dedicated to making all of his guests feel welcome and at home.

• 4th Jun 2015