Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Best hostel ever! Great place run by the sweetest and most caring man. it's also nice and clean and Giovanni knows exactly what he's talking about- great advice for the city of Naples! We loved everything about it!!

• 28th Jul 2015

I wish I could take Giovanni in my backpack ! It is THE place to be in Naples if you want to visit it the best way possible! Take Giovanni's advice and suggestions they are precious ! The house is clean and oh so welcoming ! I recommand it at 3000% !

DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE in Napoli, please. As a solo traveller, I had a fantastic time here. Welcomed and treated like family, atmosphere enabled me to meet so many people but still keep privacy. Relaxing terrace, comfortable beds and showers always hot, AC always on. Giovanni isn't operating a business as much as he enjoys what he does and was extremely generous and kind to everyone. He doesnt cut corners when it comes to costs so you will have a clean, safe stay that feels like home!!

hostel is not the most modern but it feels confy and you really feel like home plus Giovanni is the best. Like a day away from home. Only tip : do not plan all your days before as Giovanni has plenty of little site he likes to share and worth the visit. ;) thanks for the holidays Giovanni, we really enjoyed our stay at your home From Deborah and Aurelie

Giovanni was helpful but often judgemental and rude. The place was clean but everything was old. Weird bathrooms and no toilet seats. No signage to help find the place either.

Our stay here was fantastic. Giovanni has an amazing insight into Naples, and lets you know all the best spots. He really loves his city and is only too happy to help. Thank you Giovanni for the amazing stay (and delish food!) You made our stay!

• 19th Jul 2015

The most amazing stay. Giovanni was so great, he cooked us all a fabulous meal while teaching us how to make it as well. Then he sat down with us and told us about places to go and things to see that most tourists never even know about. We got to hear about Naples history and got a map to help us find our way. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean with warm water and anything we needed was just a question away. I would recommend staying here to everyone, it was a fabulous experience.

The location was perfect: the hostel is easy to reach from the train station, close to the main bus lines and located in the heart of the city. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The international atmosphere made it esay to know new people and friends.

Great Hostel with a family atmosphere including group meals cooked by the man himself. Giovanni is clearly very passionate about Napoli and that was infectious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; 2 days wasn't enough.

Giovanni has lots of great ideas for how you should spend your time in Napoli! Very, very helpful and always there when you need a hand. Also makes a great pasta!!

We had a really nice stay and some tasty pasta! Thank you :)

Giovanni was very welcoming, helpful, and fun. He made a delicious pasta lunch for us! The hostel is well-located in a charismatic building, and the cleanliness of the bedrooms/bathrooms are okay. One thing surprised me: there were no lockers to keep valuables. I definitely recommend this hostel and Naples, and will hopefully return!

I had a very enjoyable stay here though not long enough. Giovanni is a wonderful host with a passion for the city. He gave great advice on where to go and what to see. I will be back

Giovanni's was a great hostel for a great city. Likewise to other travellers, Giovanni gave us a hour long chat when we arrived concerning Naples, things to do in Naples, hidden treasures within the city, he also showed us what to do in surrounding areas (Amalfi Coast / Pompeii / Capri etc.). WiFi was good (didn't reach my room) Clean place. Comfy bunkbeds. Nice kitchen. Nice toilet facilities. *You do need to walk up three flights of big stairs to get to his floor though.*

Giovanni! You're an absolute legend and you made me feel so at home. I couldn't thank you enough

It was a good choice staying at Giovanni's Home. He is really helpful and worried. He even offers pasta on your arrival! I've had problems with the bed in the first night, but he changed it as soon as I told him. I would definitely indicate this hostel.

Giovanni was extremely welcoming, funny, helpful. He helped us cook our dinner because we were doing it wrong. We had a great time staying with him.

Giovanni was very welcoming and gave us an awesome hour-long briefing about Napoli when we arrived. We love it when hostels do that to orient guests to the city. He gave us a pesto pasta cooking lesson as well. Place had nice air conditioning. A decent common room; great to meet other travelers. Very reasonable cost. Giovanni was an involved and very helpful host. Highly recommend!

Giovanni was wonderful and he loves his city! There is nothing he does not know about this town! Expect a full presentation about Napels and the surrounding area on arrival. No elevator and the hostel is on the 3rd floor. Laundry facilities.

On arrival Giovanni explained all the best things to do in Naples (I had no idea there was so much to see and extended my stay)and how to be safe in the city. He took me on a scenic tour on the back of his motorbike around the most stunning viewpoints of the city, a priceless experience. He gives you gelati and cooks delicious traditional pasta for you, showing you the best way to make authentic Italian pasta. You can tell Giovanni loves his job. It was an absolute pleasure staying there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6