Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

2034 Total Reviews

Fantsatic hostel, one of the best i have ever stayed in. Giovanni really makes your stay the best it can be. Highly recommended.

This is definitely the best hostel I have ever lived in! Everything about the hostel is great with host -Giovanni, who is a kind and knowledgeable man. I know a lot about Naples' history, attractions, fun places from Giovanni's introduction. If you want to travel around Italy, be sure that you went to Naples first and stay here at least 3 days. And you should choose Giovanni's home because the host can provide nearly everything you need! If you are lucky, you can enjoy the meal cooked by the hos

• 7th Nov 2014
  • China

You will have a very memorable stay. Giovanni is one of the nicest guys. Gives an entire introduction to Naples on arrival

the owner Giovanni is passionate about the city and shows care to every guest that enters the hostel. he taught us how to make a delicious Italian pasta - now I use the same recipe throughout my travels. thanks Giovanni! I will be back if I come back to Napoli :) Taks

This is a great little hostel in Naples, Giovanni is what makes this hostel so great and the atmosphere he creates here is what keeps travellers coming back. It is in a good location and is small and cozy so you feel at home right away. Although it may not be the newest and cleanest hostel, the atmosphere is what makes it. Definitely a good place for people who are wanting to explore naples and come back to a comfortable and quiet hostel.

• 28th Oct 2014

Giovanni, the owner and sole employee of the hostel, immediately treated me like family upon arrival. His passion for Napoli made my trip one to remember. He has infinite knowledge of the area and the rest of Italy, a great sense of humor, and will even cook classic Italian food for you, if you're nice. The hostel has a nice common area, kitchen, balcony, and a guitar and piano too if you enjoy playing music, which was an extra bonus for me. Highly recommended. Thanks, Giovanni!

Giovanni is a gem, and will provide you all the means to have an incredible Napoli adventure. The hostel itself has a kind of grim floor plan (toilets are off the kitchen, common room has an antiquated television, internet room is full of broken computers, and no lockers or ways to lockup in dorm) Overall though it's well worth visiting, if you don't need the amenities or upbeat areas.

• 28th Oct 2014

Giovanni makes you feel very welcome and has lots of knowledge about the Naples area.

Awesome place. Great information. Excellent rooms. Would recommend staying here

Giovanni has tons of helpful info and can help you with any transportation questions. He's very friendly. The facilities are aite. Strengths: rooftop patio. Weaknesses: beds

Giovanni runs a tight ship He sits you down for half an hour an gives you the tour of town and surroundings Spin is that you need to stay 5 nights Then he has all the info to facilitate you seeing as much as possible at backpacker rates I've never seen a whole ten room dorm get up at 7 for various tours before! There is no where to relax and read a book Big terrace table and lunch room but no cozy sofas I'm not impressed with the dirt and chaos of Naples Happier based at hostel flo

Giovanni may seem quite fixed in his opinions on what is worth and isnt worth doing at first, but thats because its true. His recommendations are spot on, and i would have missed Procida island if not for him reminding me. He draws up an excellent map for all guests detailing how best to see them all in one go. Also very friendly and chatty with a peculiar sense of humor Downsides include not turning on fans in the quite hot and stuffy common area, and no hostel activites, but understandable

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Giovanni has all the info you will need

Giovanni is a kind hearted man who treats every traveler as part of his famiy, with utmost respect and kindness. He greets you with a smile always and makes you f eel like you are the most important person in his world. He cooks lovely meals and offers you lunch or dinner to welcome you to his home. Hot showers, a wonderful rooftop terrace for relaxation.. I give him 10 stars!

• 13th Oct 2014

This is definitely the best hostel I ever stayed at! Giovanni is fun and kind, he cares about every single person who stays here. not only he offers all the information I need, he also cook (and teach us how to cook) the best pasta in town. I especially love the atmosphere at Giovanni's house. Everyone is friendly and chatty, we sit around the big table in the terrance every night, drink and laugh together. it feels like home away from home. Giovanni thank you for the wonderful stay.We miss you!

• 13th Oct 2014

Giovanni is an adorable person who welcomes you with open arms and treats you like his own children. He cooked lunch for us the day we arrived there and then when we left he gave us a bottle of wine as a parting gift. I would only stay there when i go to napoli.

We Spend 5 happy days ...economic and kindly...thanksgiovanni..

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Where to begin? Giovanni is amazing! He is like the father of the hostel! He gives a big explanation of the city when you first get in, which is very informative and interesting. You can definitely tell he loves the city. And he cares a lot about the people staying there. He makes very good food for his guests, and is always looking out for them! Great location- would definitely go back!

Giovanni is the best host that anyone can wish for. His own recommendations were excellent and he spotted out the places that's worth to visit in a short time that we had. At arrival he gave us a very compact introduction of the city and the area including all the historical facts that we need to be aware of in order to understand that we saw. He cooked us very delicious and simple Italian meals explaining what he was doing so we all felt a part of it and the meal was even more rewarding.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

So I have stayed at allot of Hostels in my time and trevels. Never have I felt so welcomed and well treated than at Giovanis. Amazing guy, amazing place, and such a great stay everyone who went there ended up extending their length of time in Naples because of Giovani's hospitality and his customary "introduction" to Naples.

• 29th Sep 2014