Superb 2,520 Total Reviews
Superb 2,520 Total Reviews
Giovanni's Home Located at Via sapienza 43, , Naples.
Italy
Naples Naples 80138 Via sapienza 43
94% 2520
40.8515077 14.2536878
    Rooms available

• wtan0294709
  • Singapore, Male, 18-24
18th May 2016

10/10. Giovanni treated everyone like his family and it was as though it was a home away from home. He was also really passionate about his city and really knowledgeable about it. Didn't get to try his famous pasta but the stay and friends made there was all I needed. Giovanni also gives a thorough introduction to naples and its surrounding for about 40mins, after which you will realise you need more than 2 days in this amazing place.

15th May 2016

Giovanni is one of the most caring people I have ever met. He spends about an hour with each get when they arrive, explaining and showing everything there is to do and see in Naples. He is fiercely enthusiastic about his city which I loved. He makes food at lunch and dinner if people are around. He feels like a caring grandfather who is just pleased to have his family around him. Great wifi, covered lines outside for laundry. It's no wonder he wins awards every year for being a great hostel!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
14th May 2016

Giovanni, the person makes the home. Hostel facilities themselves were average but Giovanni went way above and beyond. Starting with about an hour long intro to the city /history lesson /map tour, and continuing with delicious homemade meals. He definitely made my stay in Naples much more fun and interesting.

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th May 2016

I cannot speak more highly of Giovanni or this hostel. I believe that if you do not stay with Giovanni while you are in Naples, you are missing out. He is a very personable guy and his love for Naples is infectious.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th May 2016

Giovanni is a great host. He has an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the town. By far the best intro to this city talk I've had. Be warned it's about 15-20mins but by the end you will be inspired to stay in Naples for a very long time! Rooms are a bit small when you take into account everyone's luggage. No lockers and lacking in powerpoints. Plenty in the common room though. Shower/toilet are a bit small and only 2 per gender. Good atmosphere. Would come back again!

• India, All Male Group, 25-30
9th May 2016

It was a very nice stay at Giovanni's. Hostel gives you a feel of home. Giovanni is a very entertaining gues. He helped us a lot plan our tour according to our time constraints. He talked in great detail about the do's and donts and patiently explained everything we want to know about Naples and its mischievous reputation. He made some good lunch on our arrival and shared some light moments explaining the city and the places history. Overall Giovanni, yes next time we see you again.

• England, Female, 18-24
8th May 2016

If you want to discover the magic of Napoli, stay at Giovanni's Home. Giovanni is the most wonderful, generous host and so knowledgable about the city, Italy's history and surrounding areas to visit. I totally scrapped my itinerary and went with all Giovanni's recommendations and it was brilliant! Giovanni cooked a group of us an amazing pesto spaghetti on my first night and the following lunch taught me how to make penne arabbiata. Would stay again! Grazie, Giovanni. Jenny

2nd May 2016

best place to stay in Napoli! great location in the middle of the old town, all sights are easy to reach by foot, as the hostel is relatively small and in the upper floor of an apartment building it has a very familial athmosphere, Giovanni is the best host you can immagine: he takes lots of time for every one of his guests and is available always - independent of your concern, you can feel Giovanni puts his heart and soul in and has a mission: he loves his hometown and tries to get it to you

2nd May 2016

Absolutely loved this place and Giovanni!!! It's a great location, but that's not what makes this place special. Giovanni makes sure that you know the real Napoli and that his home feels indeed like a home more than a hostel. He's funny and knowledgeable and a great host. If you come to Napoli, you have to stay here!! We miss you Giovanni!

• British Virgin Islands, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016

I loved staying at Giovanni's! He really does work hard to make sure you are ok. I felt like I could ask him anything! He also gives you a really good run through of the best places to see and go. He is very passionate about what he does and looked after both me and my friend when we were ill/injured and took me under his wing calling me his 'bambina'. He even gave me his beloved llama pen! The only problem is it is on the 3rd floor and the lift doesn't work. There are also not many plugs.