Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

One of the few hostels I've been to that after a day or so just felt like home. Giovanni is just brilliant, though at first I thought he was annoyed at me for misinterpreting Naples - he's just so keen for you to love the place. And I did, having ended up basically following all his recommendations. It's got a super-friendly relaxed atmosphere. And oh my, the recommended pizza is amazing. Thanks so much Giovanni (for the coffee, pasta, and everything!).

It was an amazing experience to stay at Giovanni's House. You really feel like staying at his house and he's really kind !!! I recommend this place for suuure!!

• 21st Apr 2015

Thank you for the wonderful stay, advice and help during my stay.

• 16th Apr 2015

Giovanni was an incredible host. It was not just renting rooms he engaged with each person daily. He knew our names, made us food and coffee, checked that we had a clear understanding of directions,time abailability and cost for our outings. He created an environment of friends gathering and indeed by the end of my staff I had several new friends. I had the best time!

• 16th Apr 2015

I really love this hostel. It is a really hostel. Just some time I felt maybe the upper bed will drop on me when someone climbing to her bed.

I have been traveling for over three months. Stayed in many hostels, and this is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Giovanni is the best host ever. He loves the city and passes that inspiration on to you when you arrive. He knows everything about the city and will help you with anything you need. He also loves his clients and makes delicious pasta dishes all the time I would not have had as amazing of a time in Naples if it wasn't for Giovanni and his hostel.

Giovanni's home was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Giovanni, cooked me the best pasta I have ever tasted when I came there. He showed me how to go to incredible, less well known tourist and archeological sites as well. He showed me how beautiful napoli and nearby was. The hostel's location is perfect as it is very near to the historical sights, such as the museo archeologico nazionale (the best museum for roman and Greek civilization), and capella san severo (best baroque art), etc.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

This is probably the most personal and person-centered hostel I've ever stayed at! Thank you for making my short time in Naples amazing by giving us so much information, and sharing your passion for Italy/Naples! :)

Giovanni was INCREDIBLE! This has been the best hostel experience I've ever had. He is a walking encyclopedia of Naples & imparts that knowledge on all his visitors to ensure we make the most out of our holidays. I was blown away by his care & kindness... this place is the hidden gem of Naples, it's worth going just to meet Giovanni. Beyond that, the location is perfect for getting all around the city & over to Pompeii & Vesuvius. Clean, homely, authentic! Cannot rate this place enough!

The owner was very friendly and gives a lot of introduction about the city, he also helps you with a lot of other things, ordering taxi etc.. Only thing we did not like was the low standard of the facilities, 4 showers for the whole hostel! And a little room for 8 persons. But okay we did not pay a lot for the stay so it was okay and also the location was good!

This hostel is quite different as you are literally in Giovanni's Home. The location is just unbeatable and the atmosphere is quite nice. The male bathrooms are quite small and the water was only lukewarm which was a bit of a downer. However, it's important to note that some time with Giovanni will set you up so incredibly well in Naples that these minor negative points are outweighed. He loves his city and is so passionate about it. Highly recommended.

I thought I was going to fall from my bed! They are terrible.

• 7th Apr 2015

Pretty good stay. Nothing too special. Giovanni is very nice and helpful!

I absolutely loved my stay here. Giovanni was the most amazing host I have ever experienced. Upon arriving, he got me a glass of water and had a plate of pasta prepared. He also gave us a ton of information and a map of the city with a specific route to follow and places to see. The rooms were pretty spacious, and there were four bathrooms; two for girls and two for guys. The location was in the historical center of Naples, and it was pretty cool. I would definitely go back and stay.

Giovanni is a wonderful man... Very generous host.

WORLD'S BEST HOSTEL!!! It is hands down the best place I have ever stayed an completely changed my entire opinion of Naples. If you come to Naples without Giovanni, your trip will not be complete. He cooked us great meals, shared his fantastic sense of humor, told us the best places to go with a discount, etc. Every advice he said was SPOT ON, If Giovanni tells you to do something, DO IT. I cannot say enough good about this place. You must stay here!

Loved staying at Giovani

Definetely the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Being there made my trip to Napoli way more fun and interesting. I have no words to describe Giovanni, he is a true host - he makes everything to make you feel at home. He is not a regular hostel owner who deals with the whole thing as a plain business transaction. No! He treated me like a dear guest and I could tell he honestly cared about each one of the people there. He even cooked for us! The hostel is also extremely well-located.

Giovanni is a great guy and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

Giovanni is the coolest guy you'll ever meet. he's so much fun and welcoming and he cooks. He creates such an amazing atmosphere. He loves his city and puts so much effort into making you love it. You'll likely want to stay longer than you expected. Naples has a lot to do. My only recommendation to Giovanni is that maybe he do a little more on maintenance and facilities. Some tiles are loose and some things are noticeably dirty. Showers also drain poorly. I'll be back! Ciao Bello.

« first « Prev 1 2 3