Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Giovanni was the most helpful host of all time. He's so knowledgeable about the city and you can tell he really loves it. On arrival, he gives you a huge overview of Napoli and all the surrounding areas and things to do; a full eight day itinerary, basically. If you're lucky, he'll cook up some pasta for you too. Wonderful host, wonderful hostel. Will be coming back for sure!

We had a great stay at Giovanni's home! Everything was great and he even made us lunch. Also upon check in he shares everything to see in Naple's. This was very helpful because we had originally planned to only see Pompeii and were able to see so much more!

• 11th Aug 2015

Fantastic hostel unlike any I've ever stayed in before, giovanni was a great host and did all he could to make is feel welcome.

Great host home! Giovanni is fantastic, and extremely helpful. A bundle of laughs, and extremely welcoming. He made us food and told us where the best places to eat are and even got discounts for us where he could. He performed for us at one point with his guitar and harmonica! Such a fun and value for money stay, highly recommended!

• 5th Aug 2015

We absolutely loved our stay with Giovanni. He taught us so much about Naples that we never knew and was really clued up about the best places to go in the city. I had no idea how much there was to do within the city and in the area and could have easily spent more time there without running out of places to visit! He is a very caring host and if you are lucky you will get to experience his amazing italian cooking! We even had a little music show one night. We will definitely miss this hostel!

• 1st Aug 2015

Everything was great at this hostel! It really had the feel of a home rather than a business. That and Giovanni himself was such a kind man, between offering me tea when I wasn't feeling too hot, letting me do my laundry, the pasta lunches, or even just sitting us down and telling us where the great places to go were, I wouldnt want to have chosen a different place to stay!

• 29th Jul 2015

Giovanni is a brilliant, brilliant host. He knows so much about naples and will give you as much information as you need/want. He's also great to chat to and cannot offer you enough hospitality (he even gave me a cheeky ride to the airport on his motorcycle). Definitely stay here!

Best hostel ever! Great place run by the sweetest and most caring man. it's also nice and clean and Giovanni knows exactly what he's talking about- great advice for the city of Naples! We loved everything about it!!

• 28th Jul 2015

Loved my stay at Giovanni's home. Giovanni is incredibly passionate about Naples and gives you a great introduction into the city's history, best walking routes, food and culture! I really appreciate all the effort he goes to in order to ensure his guests have a great time in Naples. Location is excellent, right in the middle of the old town and around the corner from all the best eating spots. Hostel is small and cosy and the common room is utilised by guests so very easy to meet people.

I wish I could take Giovanni in my backpack ! It is THE place to be in Naples if you want to visit it the best way possible! Take Giovanni's advice and suggestions they are precious ! The house is clean and oh so welcoming ! I recommand it at 3000% !

Fantastic charming hostel, very clean great location with a charming host who is very helpful in telling you what to do in Naples and how to get there along with cooking fantastic meals

DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE in Napoli, please. As a solo traveller, I had a fantastic time here. Welcomed and treated like family, atmosphere enabled me to meet so many people but still keep privacy. Relaxing terrace, comfortable beds and showers always hot, AC always on. Giovanni isn't operating a business as much as he enjoys what he does and was extremely generous and kind to everyone. He doesnt cut corners when it comes to costs so you will have a clean, safe stay that feels like home!!

Giovanni is the kindest, most helpful hostel operator I have encountered! Small number of beds offers a quiet, friendly environment. Large indoor lounge area, plus a beautiful, enormous patio. Air conditioned(!!!). Located in an interesting neighborhood, close to archaeological museum, Duomo, and countless astounding, famous works of art. Listen to Giovanni's recommendations! Follow the orange line on the map! See the Cristo Velato, it's right down the street! Thanks for a great stay!

hostel is not the most modern but it feels confy and you really feel like home plus Giovanni is the best. Like a day away from home. Only tip : do not plan all your days before as Giovanni has plenty of little site he likes to share and worth the visit. ;) thanks for the holidays Giovanni, we really enjoyed our stay at your home From Deborah and Aurelie

Giovanni was helpful but often judgemental and rude. The place was clean but everything was old. Weird bathrooms and no toilet seats. No signage to help find the place either.

Our stay here was fantastic. Giovanni has an amazing insight into Naples, and lets you know all the best spots. He really loves his city and is only too happy to help. Thank you Giovanni for the amazing stay (and delish food!) You made our stay!

• 19th Jul 2015

I will be about the hundredth person to write a review of this nature, but I do not believe it is possible to visit Giovanni's Home and not enjoy your stay. The hostel itself is clean, comfortable, offers a kitchen, plenty of showers, a common area, and all the necessities you need for your stay. Giovanni takes it from being an excellent hostel to an experience you will never forget. His kindness and his love of Naples is infectious. Your stay in Naples is guaranteed to be special.

The most amazing stay. Giovanni was so great, he cooked us all a fabulous meal while teaching us how to make it as well. Then he sat down with us and told us about places to go and things to see that most tourists never even know about. We got to hear about Naples history and got a map to help us find our way. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean with warm water and anything we needed was just a question away. I would recommend staying here to everyone, it was a fabulous experience.

The location was perfect: the hostel is easy to reach from the train station, close to the main bus lines and located in the heart of the city. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The international atmosphere made it esay to know new people and friends.

Great hostel - feels very safe and has an extremely friendly atmosphere. There is a large balcony which was perfect for relaxing and eating in the evening. Giovanni himself was without a doubt the best part of the hostel - an extremely friendly man who was eager to advise us on all that Naples has to offer - we particularly enjoyed his pizza recommendations!

• 16th Jul 2015