Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

2092 Total Reviews

My stay at Giovanni's was so great he welcomes you into his home so completely and really sets out to make sure you have the best experience in Náple, with personal recommendation's that are amazing. I honestly felt more like I was couchsurfing than staying in a hostel, He even cooks (amazing pasta), for us all. and if your lucky he may take you out on his motorbike :D

Giovanni is a wealth of knowledge about Napoli! The hostel was clean and felt very safe. I met some great people here and had a lovely stay.

Giovanni's home is a warm and magnificent place that let's you experience the real Napoli! Giovanni and his infinite wisdom of the city and surrounding areas make the trip so much more enjoyable. Stay here, and do not miss Ginos pizza place down the road as it is famous in Italy and the greatest pizza we have ever had!

Awesome place, passionate owner, homely place. Love it!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location but sparse bathrooms and toilets with the seats removed. Giovanni was nice enough and even made dinner for us all one night, but I was shocked when he said he doesn't allow drunk people in his hostel. So he put up a fuss when we shared two bottles of wine between four people. I would recommend Giovanni's home for older travellers or people looking for a quiet stay, not for young people.

Hi Isaac, thanks for staying with us and having the time to leave a feedback. I wouldn't make such a problem for only 2 bottles of wine, please remember how many bottles you had, it wasn't just 2. Also please look at the average age of my guests and you can see that Giovanni's guests are manly young folks. Thanks anyway and please come back to visit us again. All the Best, Giovanni!

Giovanni is amazing, he gives a great introduction about the city and the area (he loves Naples!) and he is a great cook. You feel welcomed the whole time and it is really clean and safe. I'll definitely come back!

Giovanni's Home was truly a home. He is the most lovely and hospitable man I have met and his knowledge of Napoli is incredible which definitely enhanced the experience. I extended my stay because of how much I enjoyed not just Napoli, but this hostel in particular. Would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone, especially solo travelers. Excellent for meeting people and for a safe and clean stay. Giovanni was a wonderful cook also! Beautiful authentic Italian food was a treat!

• 23rd Feb 2015

lovely host, lovely food!

• 19th Feb 2015

Gio was a great host and made sure we were comfortable. The place felt like home and was consistently clean. I was impressed with the simplicity and the comfortable feeling. It was close to a lively street that I enjoyed going to for food and markets.

A fantastic host, Giovanni is very welcoming, extremely helpful and makes your stay feel like home. He clearly wants you to experience the most from napoli! I will for sure be back again and stay there! Also he makes amazing food!

• 14th Feb 2015

Giovannis is by far the most hospitable place you will travel to. He takes care of everyone that enters his door, and his cooking is delicious! You won't regret coming here

• 13th Feb 2015

Giovanni is such a beauty I can't start to describe it. If I could give staff a higher rating I would give it a 10/5. He gives you a map and an overview of the city that's like the key to the city. He will also cook for you! He makes the hostel very easy to meet others and see everything possible in Naples. We had an amazing time in Naples because of Giovanni!!! Thank you so much Giovanni!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best hostel my friend and I stayed in, because... Giovanni. He is absolutely great, he'll give you information on all activities to do in Naples, where to get food (€3.30 Gino's pizaa = best ever), day trips around naples and the times of trains and travel for these trips. Additionally if you stay on the weekend and sometimes on the weekdays he makes pasta, amazingly simple but Italian pasta that you can then reproduce throughout your low budgeted hostel travel. BEST HOSTEL EVER

Me and my girlfriend spent pleasant days in Naples. We really felt in Giovanni's home. He gave us good tips about the city and all of Campania. Despite the rainy days, we walked around town, visited interesting places (like vesuvio and pompeii) and ate great food. By the way, Giovanni also cooks very well! Otherwise, the hostel is clean, quiet and well located. Hope to return in the future!

Giovanni is hilarious! Make sure you ask him how to say yes and no in Calabrian. This isn't a traditional 'hostel'! You are literally living inside Giovanni's functional apartment with an absolutely amazing terrace. The place has very few beds which means you have a chance to chat with everyone else staying there. The hostel is also very well located and only a short stroll from major sights. Napoli was my favourite city out of a 3 month trip so if you're thinking about going, stay with Giovanni

first, I should tell thanks to Giovanni that let me have really good trip in Napoli. He explained so many information about Napoli, and I believe that make our trip more special. I don't really find any bad things in hostel. if they have breakfast it would be better. but I'm sure that totally worthy to Giovanni's house.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Giovanni is the perfect host. He loves his city and cares about his guests. He makes tasty pasta forno and plays the guitar very well. Will return to this city and this hostel :)

Not only his place, but Giovanni himself has been a great choice for me to know Napoli much more than I would if I didn t stay there. An authentic napolitanean apartment, very well located, made me feel a local during my staying. Helpful to his guests in many ways, Giovanni is an ambassador of Napoli who knows and loves the South of Italy better than anyone. Also, he encourage people to know each other during their staying there. The place has 4 toilettes, 2 of which are bathrooms.

all in all a great experience. Giovanni is passionate about his hostel and the guests he hosts. He cooked a meal for us one night

Perfect home and nice home host...

« first « Prev 1 2 3