Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Giovanni's home was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Giovanni, cooked me the best pasta I have ever tasted when I came there. He showed me how to go to incredible, less well known tourist and archeological sites as well. He showed me how beautiful napoli and nearby was. The hostel's location is perfect as it is very near to the historical sights, such as the museo archeologico nazionale (the best museum for roman and Greek civilization), and capella san severo (best baroque art), etc.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Giovanni was INCREDIBLE! This has been the best hostel experience I've ever had. He is a walking encyclopedia of Naples & imparts that knowledge on all his visitors to ensure we make the most out of our holidays. I was blown away by his care & kindness... this place is the hidden gem of Naples, it's worth going just to meet Giovanni. Beyond that, the location is perfect for getting all around the city & over to Pompeii & Vesuvius. Clean, homely, authentic! Cannot rate this place enough!

The owner was very friendly and gives a lot of introduction about the city, he also helps you with a lot of other things, ordering taxi etc.. Only thing we did not like was the low standard of the facilities, 4 showers for the whole hostel! And a little room for 8 persons. But okay we did not pay a lot for the stay so it was okay and also the location was good!

I thought I was going to fall from my bed! They are terrible. Giovanni's welcome speach is good but too long and he seems to be stalking us. I did not feel comfortable.

• 7th Apr 2015

Pretty good stay. Nothing too special. Giovanni is very nice and helpful!

I absolutely loved my stay here. Giovanni was the most amazing host I have ever experienced. Upon arriving, he got me a glass of water and had a plate of pasta prepared. He also gave us a ton of information and a map of the city with a specific route to follow and places to see. The rooms were pretty spacious, and there were four bathrooms; two for girls and two for guys. The location was in the historical center of Naples, and it was pretty cool. I would definitely go back and stay.

WORLD'S BEST HOSTEL!!! It is hands down the best place I have ever stayed an completely changed my entire opinion of Naples. If you come to Naples without Giovanni, your trip will not be complete. He cooked us great meals, shared his fantastic sense of humor, told us the best places to go with a discount, etc. Every advice he said was SPOT ON, If Giovanni tells you to do something, DO IT. I cannot say enough good about this place. You must stay here!

Loved staying at Giovani

Definetely the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Being there made my trip to Napoli way more fun and interesting. I have no words to describe Giovanni, he is a true host - he makes everything to make you feel at home. He is not a regular hostel owner who deals with the whole thing as a plain business transaction. No! He treated me like a dear guest and I could tell he honestly cared about each one of the people there. He even cooked for us! The hostel is also extremely well-located.

Giovanni is a great guy and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

Giovanni is the coolest guy you'll ever meet. he's so much fun and welcoming and he cooks. He creates such an amazing atmosphere. He loves his city and puts so much effort into making you love it. You'll likely want to stay longer than you expected. Naples has a lot to do. My only recommendation to Giovanni is that maybe he do a little more on maintenance and facilities. Some tiles are loose and some things are noticeably dirty. Showers also drain poorly. I'll be back! Ciao Bello.

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but my stay at Giovanni's was so great I figured I had to. Giovanni was an extremely gracious host. Upon my arrival he made lunch for two of my friends and I. His pasta was absolutely delicious! Aside from that, Giovanni took the time to explain things to do and sites to see in Naples. Naples is an extremely underrated town in Italy and Giovanni did a great job making my experience there as great as possible. :)

• 28th Mar 2015

The best hostel experience I've had so far. Giovanni is absolutely incredible, he will instill a love for Napoli in you that you would never expect. Ciao Giovanni!

• 26th Mar 2015

My stay at Giovanni's was so great he welcomes you into his home so completely and really sets out to make sure you have the best experience in Náple, with personal recommendation's that are amazing. I honestly felt more like I was couchsurfing than staying in a hostel, He even cooks (amazing pasta), for us all. and if your lucky he may take you out on his motorbike :D

Giovanni is the best ;)

Giovanni is a wealth of knowledge about Napoli! The hostel was clean and felt very safe. I met some great people here and had a lovely stay.

Giovanni's home is a warm and magnificent place that let's you experience the real Napoli! Giovanni and his infinite wisdom of the city and surrounding areas make the trip so much more enjoyable. Stay here, and do not miss Ginos pizza place down the road as it is famous in Italy and the greatest pizza we have ever had!

giovanni is a great host and has has a genuine interest in promoting naples. this city should be seen as just more than a stop for pompei,it's the real italy were people live life on the streets. don't read to much into what the guide books say, with commonsense it will be as safe as you want it to be, i'll be back

Awesome place, passionate owner, homely place. Love it!

Good location but sparse bathrooms and toilets with the seats removed. Giovanni was nice enough and even made dinner for us all one night, but I was shocked when he said he doesn't allow drunk people in his hostel. So he put up a fuss when we shared two bottles of wine between four people. I would recommend Giovanni's home for older travellers or people looking for a quiet stay, not for young people.

Hi Isaac, thanks for staying with us and having the time to leave a feedback. I wouldn't make such a problem for only 2 bottles of wine, please remember how many bottles you had, it wasn't just 2. Also please look at the average age of my guests and you can see that Giovanni's guests are manly young folks. Thanks anyway and please come back to visit us again. All the Best, Giovanni!

« first « Prev 1 2 3