Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

1959 Total Reviews

I had a great time there. and it was all because of the staff.. they totally made It up for the lack of facilities or a common zone.

We had a great time! Giovanni was a great host! We did not know there was so much to do in Naples and wish we had more time. We plan to go back to visit. The hostel was very safe, close to the metro and close to lots of sites. Giovanni will give you a path to follow to see everything and it was great. My sister even stepped on a sea urchin and he spent at least an hour helping her get the spikes out of her foot. He is so nice and knows a lot about Naples!

Giovannis house is great. Never have we met a hostel owner as kind and caring as giovanni. He goes above and beyond so you can have the most enjoyable time in naples. He gives you a history of naples and shows you all the things the city and surrounding area has to offer. Love the home made pasta. Definitely recommend staying here.

They say on the website that you are lucky if you get some of Giovanni's pasta (which is delicious) but if you are really really lucky he will take you out on his motorbike :) thank you Giovanni!

• 10th Aug 2014

I will not stay here again. Why? Giovanni. You will get a LECTURE on your purse. Don't take it he says, leave everything behind (in the hostel where there are no lockers!). If you go against his advice he will lecture you like you are an ignorant child who doesn't know about safety. I got a lecture 4 times. The last thing I want is a hostel owner acting more strict than my own father. And he probably knows who this is and will talk about me to other guests (which he did to me re: 1 other guest)

Giovanni greeted us with open arms and gave us the most amazing introduction to Naples. We followed the itineraries he suggested saved money and had time to see a lot of wonderful places, so do what he says!

host is so nice! You can accept his sugestion for travelling! It is worth. He is very kind. But Bed is not good. So if you don't care facility, I recommand for you. If you are there late, You should tell the arriving time for host!

I don't have enough good things to say! While the facilities aren't the nicest, Giovanni makes up for it by treating all his guests like family. He even gives you an hour long tutorial into all things Naples when you arrive. Sometimes he will cook dinner for everyone too. Giovanni also took me to the airport, which was so nice of him! Please stay in Naples longer than 2 days. There is so much to do! And if you stay with Giovanni, he'll tell you all the secret places to visit!

Welcome used with a smile and a much needed cold cup of water. Very friendly. Very informative. Cooked us dinner which was a huge plus. The nicest hostel we stayed in throughout our trip. Would definately return.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel very much. The owner, Giovanni, is such a nice person and very helpful with any kind of question. To start with, he informs each guest about what to do and see in and around Napoli, where to get good food, cultural aspects etc. I had a really good time and also meet a bunch of nice people there. Location is also good, metro nearby, restaurants nearby - definetly recommendable for travelers who enjoy staying in a simple, economic place with good atmosphere.

• 28th Jul 2014

*insert comment about Giovanni's awesomeness*

Everything is perfect, but the keys are too easy to loose. :)

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

most friendly hostel I`ve ever been, the owner makes you feel really comfortable

• 23rd Jul 2014

We had a great stay at Giovanni's home. Near to the center, the hostel is very clean and Giovanni very welcoming. He cares a lot about you and will explain you everything there is to know about Naples and its area. We did a wonderful trip thanks to him and all his good advices. You have to enjoy the "family" atmosphere if you're planning to stay in this hostel. But that's a great adventure and we recommend it. Thanks again Giovanni !

Giovanni is fantastic, and really makes this hostel what it is! His welcome plate of pasta was great, and all his advice on the city and what to do was spot on. He really creates a family feel, and it was lovely to sit out on the balcony with other travellers in the evenings. Thought not amazingly spacious rooms, they were clean and had a stunning view!

Giovanni's home might not be the modern, boutique like hostel, but he makes you feel like home. You might be curious what kind of hostel did you book after walking up three level stairs, but Giovanni will welcome you with things to do and to see in Napoli with a bit Italian history, which makes you fall in love with Napoli immediately. Greeting and care from Giovanni warm your hearts especially we were so lucky that Giovanni treated us with Buffalo mozzarella and his home-made pasta!

Perfect hostel, thanks to the host and the location who couldn't be better. Recommended ++++

Had a great time at Giovannis. Excellent host, excellent mood, excellent location. Recommanded to everyone!

Giovanni is amazing. He is super nice, helpful, and always looking out for his guests. He gives you a map of sites to do, suggestions of what to do, and if you're lucky he'll even make you a delicious lunch. Rooms are a little cramped but this was an amazing place. Would definitely come back to him. Amazing value.

Great atmosphere here, loved the outdoor area. Giovanni goes the extra mile to let you know about all the best his beloved Napoli has to offer, just dont feel pressured to do it all! The homemade pasta and risotto was incredible and really made it feel like you are staying at Giovanni's home. Facilities are good and clean, he will even give you a towel if you need.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6