Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

2022 Total Reviews

Awesome place. Great information. Excellent rooms. Would recommend staying here

Giovanni has tons of helpful info and can help you with any transportation questions. He's very friendly. The facilities are aite. Strengths: rooftop patio. Weaknesses: beds

Giovanni runs a tight ship He sits you down for half an hour an gives you the tour of town and surroundings Spin is that you need to stay 5 nights Then he has all the info to facilitate you seeing as much as possible at backpacker rates I've never seen a whole ten room dorm get up at 7 for various tours before! There is no where to relax and read a book Big terrace table and lunch room but no cozy sofas I'm not impressed with the dirt and chaos of Naples Happier based at hostel flo

Giovanni may seem quite fixed in his opinions on what is worth and isnt worth doing at first, but thats because its true. His recommendations are spot on, and i would have missed Procida island if not for him reminding me. He draws up an excellent map for all guests detailing how best to see them all in one go. Also very friendly and chatty with a peculiar sense of humor Downsides include not turning on fans in the quite hot and stuffy common area, and no hostel activites, but understandable

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Giovanni has all the info you will need

Giovanni is a kind hearted man who treats every traveler as part of his famiy, with utmost respect and kindness. He greets you with a smile always and makes you f eel like you are the most important person in his world. He cooks lovely meals and offers you lunch or dinner to welcome you to his home. Hot showers, a wonderful rooftop terrace for relaxation.. I give him 10 stars!

• 13th Oct 2014

This is definitely the best hostel I ever stayed at! Giovanni is fun and kind, he cares about every single person who stays here. not only he offers all the information I need, he also cook (and teach us how to cook) the best pasta in town. I especially love the atmosphere at Giovanni's house. Everyone is friendly and chatty, we sit around the big table in the terrance every night, drink and laugh together. it feels like home away from home. Giovanni thank you for the wonderful stay.We miss you!

• 13th Oct 2014

Giovanni is an adorable person who welcomes you with open arms and treats you like his own children. He cooked lunch for us the day we arrived there and then when we left he gave us a bottle of wine as a parting gift. I would only stay there when i go to napoli.

We Spend 5 happy days ...economic and kindly...thanksgiovanni..

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Giovanni is the best host that anyone can wish for. His own recommendations were excellent and he spotted out the places that's worth to visit in a short time that we had. At arrival he gave us a very compact introduction of the city and the area including all the historical facts that we need to be aware of in order to understand that we saw. He cooked us very delicious and simple Italian meals explaining what he was doing so we all felt a part of it and the meal was even more rewarding.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

So I have stayed at allot of Hostels in my time and trevels. Never have I felt so welcomed and well treated than at Giovanis. Amazing guy, amazing place, and such a great stay everyone who went there ended up extending their length of time in Naples because of Giovani's hospitality and his customary "introduction" to Naples.

• 29th Sep 2014

Giovanni is an amazing host, cook and an even better friend! Highly recommend him for your choice of stay in Napoli! Caio Giovanni

A fantastic place! Giovanni was so helpful and considerate. His introduction to the city was fascinating and informative and his pasta was delicious!

I enjoyed my stay: excellent host we had a good conversation, the location is perfect and very seceur I will return again one day!

• 21st Sep 2014

A great place to stay in Naples. Giaovanni is an excelent host and he'll give you all the information you need to enjoy the city and places nearby. It feels like home and you can meet great travelers there.

A great hostel with a wonderful homely atmosphere. Kudos to Giovanni for such a warm hospitality. Just a word of caution though, the hostel is on the 3rd floor with no lift so be prepared to carry your luggage over 63 steps :)

This is literally Giovanni's home. He lives upstairs. You will get a 45 minute speech on touring Naples instead of using Naples as a spot to get on the ferry to go other places. He is very passionate about his town and likes visitors to stay locally when visiting. He can be pushy with his agenda, undermining yours. If you're arriving in Naples without an agenda and need guidance, this is the perfect spot. It's a 15-20 min walk to the ferry port. I recommend Capri, even if he says it's not good

It is an amazing hostel!

• 17th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever experienced. You are guaranteed to enjoy your time in Naples if you stay here!

• 16th Sep 2014

Thank you so much Giovanni. You are an amazing host.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6