Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

1984 Total Reviews

Giovanni is a really nice guy, obviously loves Naples, gave us a really useful map and introduction to Naples and the surrounding area. The hostel is cheap and you get what you pay for. Only major issue was the lack of toilet seats (maybe a personal thing, thought it was a bit gross). But apart from that we enjoyed our stay.

Giovanni is amazing! He really goes out of his way to make sure you have a comfortable stay and see the best of Naples. His suggestions are great and the hostel really feels like home, I'd suggest it to anyone!

Giovanni is lovely! Helpful! The people there are awesome!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • China

The beds are very very uncomfortable and the foyer is cluttered with junk. Giovanni is eager to show off Naples but it requires a 90 minute intro the minute you arrive regardless of the amount of time you are staying. He is also very protective if the laundry machine, insisting on starting it himself with only his very harsh soap. The rooftop terrace is an excellent place to hang out and the city introduction does have useful information on food, tours, and activities to fill a week or two.

Giovanni is amazing- he makes the hostel what it is. Great location, great city. Internet cuts out in the bedrooms but that's fixed when you move to the common room.

Giovanni's is a great place to stay..

Not sure what is better. .. Giovanni or his pasta!

Amazing stay. Naples is worth seeing. Giovanni is a gentleman. His interests are for you to get the most out of seeing Italy. Thank you Giovanni

Giovanni's welcome intro to Naples is worth the money you pay for the room plus more! He is passionate about sharing all of the amazing things to see and do in Naples

I booked this hostel because it was the cheapest I could find in Naples. I would book it again because it is the best hostel I have visited in Europe. Giovanni is deeply passionate about his city and about sharing it with tourists; on our arrival he delivered a quick, informative presentation on the sights and geography of Naples which left us very excited about what we had intended to do be a quiet stopover. The facilities are clean and comfortable, with 4 bathrooms, a kitchen and a patio.

This was quite a different hostel experience. Giovanni is awesome! He was like my Italian Dad! I really enjoyed my time at Giovanni's home. It must be said however that the hostel is quieter than others you may com across, it's very sociable though just not so much partying.

Nice hostel to explore Naples. Giovanni is friendly and caring host. He gave explanation on what things to visit in Naples and surroundings, he treated us pasta for lunch too. Thanks for taking care of us during our stay!

Giovanni's Home was one of the best hostels, which i ever visited! The atmospare is so great and It's very easy to get to know people. Honestly, it just felt so homelike. In Addition, Giovanni is an awesome host. He just cooked for us and gave us great tips. Moreover, Giovanni helped me when i was in Need.

The place provides a very friendly enviroment, which is expected from a hostel. The owner, Giovani, has everything well explaned, all the palces to go e how to get there, and he made pasta for us!! Without addicional costs!! Very easy to reach the subway from there, like a 5min' walk.

Best hostel I have been to! Giovanni is a legend, he provides really informatively and interesting information about Naples and is awesome in every way- helpful, funny and kind. It really feels like staying in someone's home. Would definitely absolutely recommend!!! Love spice girl :)

Giovanni is our favorite host ever!!! We had a lovely time in Giovanni's Home and we're missing him already! He is extremely hospitable and makes you feel at home - which was great after many weeks travelling. Also, he knows a lot about Napoli's history! Just follow his advices and you're gonna have a great time in this amazing city. Hope you liked the cachaça, Giovanni! Many hugs from Juliana and Luana =)

Stayed at Giovanni's for the second time and liked it again!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Giovanni has excellent knowledge about the history of Naples and what backpackers need to do and see in the area.

Giovanni was the most hospitable and generous hostel owner I have ever met. He was much more like family, than just the owner of the place where we stayed. He really made our trip and stay amazing! He cooking was also delicious!!

I had a great time there. and it was all because of the staff.. they totally made It up for the lack of facilities or a common zone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6