Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

This is a truly unique hostel, as it really feels like home. I have never had such a long checkin, BUT also I have never got so many great information about the city straight after checkin. Giovanni treats his guests with respect and demands the same from them. If you're a NERD - do not book, however if you believe that 'hostels are about people, not just facilities' this is the right place for you and you will definitely enjoy your stay! Great job Giovanni, hope to see you again sometime!

I loooved my stay at Giovanni's! He creates such an amazing atmosphere in his hostel. I felt at home immediately. Apart from taking his time to explain the city to every single one of his guests, he also cooked the most delicious dishes for me, even though I might be considered picky when it comes to food. Giovanni is a very helpful, friendly and funny person. I am already looking forward to coming back. Best wishes and thank you for everything! Uccellino.

• 15th Nov 2015

This was my very first hostel experience, and it's going to be very hard to beat! Everything you've read about Giovanni is true. He is a wonderful human being. So kind, so passionate about his city and his guests. Many people warned me about traveling to Naples. I heard that it was very unsafe and sketchy, but I can tell you that it's simply not true. Naples is a fantastic city, which in my opinion rivals the beauty of Rome! When I return, I will definitely be staying with Giovanni again.

• 13th Nov 2015

Giovanni makes everyone welcome and has excellent information about Napoli and what to see during your stay. Home cooked meals and eating with fellow travellers was great. Location is good with old town moments away , as is the metro, buses ....

Giovanni is a wealth of knowledge about Naples. His passion really comes through when he checks you in - beware, the check-in process will take a minimum of one hour as he tells you EVERYTHING there is to know about the area. He has good recommendations about what to do/see, but seems to not like it when people don't take his advice about where to go.

Giovanni is a legend- I came here after reading the reviews and made it my mission to prove everyone wrong... but you can't. he really is amazing and makes this hostel what it is. it's not classy, it's not modern, it's not a hostel- it's a home. don't expect luxuries showers and a huge kitchen and sparkling clean anything. expect a place that feels lived in. you meet some amazing people here with lots in common and Giovanni makes you feel loved and cared ( behind his tough shell) an amazing stay

Giovanni is a gem and really connects with the people who stay in his hostel. After the introductory orientation we followed his recommendations and got the best pizza in Naples. Upon our return (with a bottle of wine) he showed us the "right" way to eat pizza and switched out our wine for his personal beer because that is also the right way. He made everyone staying there a delicious dinner one night and always had funny things to say. He clearly knows what he is doing and everyone loves him.

LOVED THIS PLACE!! Thanks Gio!!

• 6th Nov 2015

Absolutely loved this place. Giovanni is a legend!!! He is the most welcoming and caring person and you will feel right at home when you walk in. He is so passionate about the city and surrounding areas and gives you endless options of what to do and see. His cooking is by far the best food I've had in Italy so count your lucky stars if he cooks for you! Not a brand spanking new hostel so don't expect down sheets and pillows but for the average backpacker its more than you need. Amazing :)

Great atmosphere and Giovanni is very knowledgeable, very dad like when you are in his home and about his city. Sometimes his parenting can be a bit annoying but all in love for his guests he truly cares about everybody that comes into his home. The hostel isnt quiet like the pictures and can be cleaned a bit better and more outlets need to be in the rooms. Overall, the location and atmosphere are great:)

Excellent stay at Giovanni's. Perfect mixt between hostel and couchsurfing, since you get to know a local wiling to spend a long time telling you all about his city and even cook for you. What a gracious host. I've recommended it to all my friends.

Giovanni is so passionate about Naples and this passion will transfer on to you. I ended up staying another night. He made me delicious pasta and gave me helpful tips about Napoli. The bedrooms and bathroom are very basic and a little cluttered but you won't mind this once you meet Giovanni. His wealth of knowledge on Napoli and the surrounding area and it's history are astounding. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Napoli!

Great hostel with a fantastic location. Giovanni is what makes this place however he has great knowledge of the area and how to get the best out of your time in Napoli. He highlights everything you need to do on a map which makes things very easy! Would definitely return.

It was so nice and helpful that Giovanni offers to every visitors quite lot information about the city and the best places that you shouldn't miss. The hostel is a typical residential block and very near to the archaeological museum and to Piazza Dante. So it's really convenient to go deep in the old city or take a metro to the train station.

Gio is the best host ever! When people arrive he sits them down with a map and gives them a run over of the city and small history lesson. I wouldn't have found Napoli 1/2 as fascinating without his tips.

It was a great stay and information shared by Mr Giovani was very helpful. Display of passion by Mr Giovani towards the Napoli is almost contagious and it was a great way for me to start my euro trip.

Best hostel ever!!! Easy to meet people, small group (only fits 24), the host Giovanni is the best.....gives lots of useful info about Napoli, cooks meals. And impromptu music jam sessions! Sad to leave...all other hostels pale in comparison!!!! Stay here, you won't regret it!

Giovanni's Home is just that. It's been said before, but honestly this place is more than just another hostel. I'm widely travelled and this was a completely unique experience. Mr Giovanni personally runs the hostel and makes an effort to get to know and assist all his guests. His map and information are wonderful and the free dinners he cooks up are superb. The location is fantastic, you are in the absolute centre of historic Napoli, around the corner from the world famous pizza shop!

Giovanni's Home was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It had the true hostel atmosphere and camaraderie among the fellow travelers. Giovanni's presentation of Naples when we first arrived was extremely helpful and informative. He genuinely cares about all of his guests and does his best to ensure they get the most out of their time in Naples. He even made us all pasta one night! I loved it.

This is a truly special place, I feel that I'm more like writing a reference in Couchsurfing than on a hostel! At the heart of this city, Giovanni makes you feel like your are in a home rather than just a business. Is safe, clean, comfortable, Giovanni provides a great presentation about Napoli to each guest and takes care of each of us individually, he is awesome. 1000% recommended. Also living proof that one single person can accomplish something wonderful, as he seems to be a one-man-army!