Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

1928 Total Reviews

Giovanni is an amazing host. Tells u all you need to know about naples and cooks delicious dinners. One of my best hostelling experiences :). Would def recommend x

I LOVED my stay here!!!!!!!! Giovanni was so nice and caring and he is so informative. Its location is excellent and it was a safe area. I will definitely stay in this hostel when I come back!

Giovanni is a great host. He is full of advices about visiting the city and its surroundings. The hostel is nice even though quite basic and there are few bathrooms and no lockers.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Giovanni is very knowledgable of the city and helpful in helping you figure out what you want to do in Naples. Great hostel with a sort of family vibe.

Giovanni is no doubt the BEST host! You should never miss Giovanni's Home if you plan to spend several days in Naples. It's sooooo kind of you to give us so much detailed information Mr. Giovanni, thank you so much and I will definitely choose Giovanni's Home next time I go to Naples.

If you go to Naples this is where you should stay. Giovanni is amazing. He makes sure your safe, is very proud of his city, and he made my trip amazing.

• 12th Jun 2014

It's worth coming to Naples just to visit Giovanni's hostel. Seriously. Giovanni is wonderful. He's the sole operator of this tiny hostel, and he treats his guests like his family. When I arrived, he offered me pasta and then sat down with me for a full hour planning out my trip to Naples. Because of Giovanni, Naples is my favorite city in Italy.

Great food and a great place to meet people

Great hostel, feels like a family home, good food and amazing info on Naples and around...

Giovanni was an excellent host, like staying in his home. Cooked lunch (pasta or risotto) most days. Provided great suggestion of some time in Praia A Mare along the Calabrian Coast. Definitely worth the cheap 3 hour train ride. Passionate about Naples and its history. Best pizza shop around the corner.

I didn't know it was possible to make pasta taste so good!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Peru

Giovanni is an absolute angel; this was my second time staying with him and I had to come back for my new husband to meet him! The hostel feels like home; he may even cook something hearty and delicious for you! The vibe is always relaxed and comfortable. Giovanni gives you all of the insider information; Napoli is full of hidden gems besides being convenient for day trips out of the city. Absolutely recommend staying here, we will be back!

Loved this hostel.. Such a nice laid back vibe, and Giovanni was the best. we wouldn't stay anywhere else in naples!

Giovanni has a great set up and this hostel is a must if you are going to Nales. Affordable, great facilitues and fantastic company. My stay in Naples would have been completely different without all the tips and information Giovanni provided and staying at his hostel was definitely one if the best decisions I made. If you're going to Naples, stay at Giovanni's Home!

• 31st May 2014

Giovanni is a very welcoming and thoughtful host. He is passionate about sharing Naples with travelers and spends time with you explain the main sights. He was always helpful when you had a question. The location is good but the hostel itself is up several flights of large stairs.

Most welcoming hostel I have ever stayed in. Giovanni is a true gent, welcoming, caring and friendly.

Giovanni was an excellent host and entertaining to chat with. We really appreciated all of Giovanni's of the best things to do in Naples.

• 28th May 2014

Giovanni is as welcoming a host as you can ever find anywhere in the world. His introduction to Naples is definitely one you MUST experience - he can just go on and on, it is amazing! However, he can be a little intrusive, but not in an unfriendly manner. The facilities are simple, but comfortable enough for a short stay since you will most likely be out of your rooms mostly anyway. Brilliant launchpad from which to experience Naples!

I highly recommend this hostel for anyone that isn't sure what to do in Naples. Giovanni goes through the city with a map and tells you everything to do in Naples. He did tell us to not go to Ischia (we already had reservations). Ischia ended up being our favorite place in Europe so far, so take his advice on things outside of Naples with a grain of salt. If you are in Naples and have the time, spend a few days on Ischia, it's beautiful and relaxing.

Giovanni is awesome man and cooks very well, he knows a lot about napoli. he gave us good advise to travel.