Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Campania, Italy

When in Naples, Giovanni is the ideal host; he's welcoming, knowledgeable and always around for the guests!

If I'm ever in Naples again, I will definitely be back! Giovanni was so kind and made the experience for our trip. We felt like a part of the family more so than paying customers. I loved cooking with him and all of his stories. A great guy and one who really cares about your safety.

• 14th Feb 2014

Giovanni cooked me the best pasta I have ever had in my life! It is also located right in the heart of naples with some of the most top quality pizza restaurants/takeaways and bakeries in Naples. The hostel is very well looked after and a very warm and friendly place. Giovanni also gives an extremely good talk on Naples and its history!

Giovanni is the best! I stayed in Naples for 5 days and he made my experience. When you arrive to his well located home (as long as you don't mind a few flights of stairs) he welcomes you and tells you everything you need and want know about Naples including a highlighted map and timetables for the trains! He often cooks lunch or dinner for his guests and his pasta is always great and very accommodating to dietary needs. If you're going to Naples you have to stay here, would definitely child bac

I think this hostel should put pictures of merchandising of their own facilities and not mixed with photos of the city.

• 19th Jan 2014

Giovanni's home is exactly that. It has a comfortable, safe feel to it, and even comes with the father figure that knows everything. ;) Giovanni greeted me with a map, excellent sightseeing info, advice of the best places to eat...and a bowl of delicious pasta he had prepared for my arrival! There is a common room, where we gathered to share travel stories and tips. Giovanni even cooked dinner for us all a couple of times. Perfect location too! Luggage note: it's on 3rd floor. 63 steps up.

The owner, Giovanni is very committed, friendly and opinionated. Common areas are smokey so the rooms with a stale smoke smell. No seats on the toilets, wifi doesn't work in the rooms, the rooms don't have lockers or a lock on the door. The common area had a guitar which was nice.

Quite simply my home in Napoli.

Giovanni was amazing, very nice and informative. He writes you before you leave so you know how to get to his place. When you get there, he gives you a map, color codes routes and things to do (take the route), map also has the info to get to Pompeii, vesuvius and herculaneum. (herculaneum is the best in my opinion), and where not to go. Gives a little history that made the trip more interesting, then made lunch. Even did a "family" dinner for us all! Perfect Hostel experience.

Giovanni was a fantastic host, I felt like I was a guest in his home, not just a paying hostel customer. He looked after me and was a wealth of information on the city. The location was really convenient, close to the metro and lots of places of interest. Although I did feel safe, my only complaint would be that the doors to the rooms don't have locks, and there are no lockers available.

the perfect place to stay in napoli!

Very nice place, clean, good location. Internet connection could be better.

Good: Nice host, who gives trip advice and cooks well. Bad: Mattress can be better. Weak wifi in our room, you have to go to common area. Atmosphere was alright, but some of our roommates didn't respect others' right of resting by talking loudly at 6,7am in the morning. Toilet could have a seat for girls at least.

I love Giovanni's home! He is soooo kind and everything in home is perfect! We love Napoli because of Giovanni ! We'll come back again! Thank you Giovanni San~!

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. The owner (Giovanni) opens his home to you and makes you feel so welcome, he happily shows you the best places to visit and the easiest ways to get there. Hostel is in a pretty central location, with an excellent, cheap pizza place just down the road. Rooms where clean and tidy, showers could have been better. Nice common room and kitchen, good wifi. Good security, felt very safe leaving my things out. Nice homely place to stay in the crazy Naples.

If you want to stay somewhere and feel like you have a home, not just a bed in a hostel, stay with Giovanni. He is incredibly kind and knowledgable on Napoli and will give you all the information you need to enjoy everything the city has to offer. Giovanni is also a phenomenal cool, and after 2 months of traveling a home cooked meal goes a long way for your happiness. Thanks Giovanni!

This is definitely an interesting place for backpackers to stay in Napoli. Not your typical hostel, as you are really staying in Giovanni's home. The beds were decent and the place is neat and tidy. Good value for money, especially with Giovanni cooking us a home cooked meal one night.

This was my third trip to Naples and each time I have chosen a different hostel. Giovanni's has been the best hostel I have stayed at so far in Naples (and one of the best that I've ever stayed at throughout my travels). He is welcoming and offers great accomodations. I met tons of great new people while there. I was also fortunate enough to try some of his delicious pasta. If you go to Naples you have to stay here.

It is difficult to think of Giovanni's Home as a "hostel." I asked Giovanni if he had ever been in a hostel before starting one and he said he had not and it is apparent. I felt genuinely welcomed, not as a customer but a true guest. He cared for our safety, kicked us out of the hostel to go explore Naples, was a wonderful source of information, and even took my friend to the hospital and cooked for her when she was sick. You MUST stay here in Naples. No question.

This is the best hostel in Naple!

• 7th Nov 2013