Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

2041 Total Reviews

Where to begin? Giovanni is amazing! He is like the father of the hostel! He gives a big explanation of the city when you first get in, which is very informative and interesting. You can definitely tell he loves the city. And he cares a lot about the people staying there. He makes very good food for his guests, and is always looking out for them! Great location- would definitely go back!

Giovanni is the best host that anyone can wish for. His own recommendations were excellent and he spotted out the places that's worth to visit in a short time that we had. At arrival he gave us a very compact introduction of the city and the area including all the historical facts that we need to be aware of in order to understand that we saw. He cooked us very delicious and simple Italian meals explaining what he was doing so we all felt a part of it and the meal was even more rewarding.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

So I have stayed at allot of Hostels in my time and trevels. Never have I felt so welcomed and well treated than at Giovanis. Amazing guy, amazing place, and such a great stay everyone who went there ended up extending their length of time in Naples because of Giovani's hospitality and his customary "introduction" to Naples.

• 29th Sep 2014

Giovanni is an amazing host, cook and an even better friend! Highly recommend him for your choice of stay in Napoli! Caio Giovanni

A fantastic place! Giovanni was so helpful and considerate. His introduction to the city was fascinating and informative and his pasta was delicious!

I enjoyed my stay: excellent host we had a good conversation, the location is perfect and very seceur I will return again one day!

• 21st Sep 2014

A great place to stay in Naples. Giaovanni is an excelent host and he'll give you all the information you need to enjoy the city and places nearby. It feels like home and you can meet great travelers there.

A great hostel with a wonderful homely atmosphere. Kudos to Giovanni for such a warm hospitality. Just a word of caution though, the hostel is on the 3rd floor with no lift so be prepared to carry your luggage over 63 steps :)

This is literally Giovanni's home. He lives upstairs. You will get a 45 minute speech on touring Naples instead of using Naples as a spot to get on the ferry to go other places. He is very passionate about his town and likes visitors to stay locally when visiting. He can be pushy with his agenda, undermining yours. If you're arriving in Naples without an agenda and need guidance, this is the perfect spot. It's a 15-20 min walk to the ferry port. I recommend Capri, even if he says it's not good

It is an amazing hostel!

• 17th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever experienced. You are guaranteed to enjoy your time in Naples if you stay here!

• 16th Sep 2014

Thank you so much Giovanni. You are an amazing host.

Giovanni is a real hands on owner/manager. His directions and ideas of where to go were very helpful and inspired me to extend my stay in Naples. Great location, near sites and attractions and away from dodgy areas. The place is a bit hard to find so maybe print out directions before you get there. Loved the coffee in the mornings and the home cooked lunches occasionally from Giovanni.

Giovanni is a really nice guy, obviously loves Naples, gave us a really useful map and introduction to Naples and the surrounding area. The hostel is cheap and you get what you pay for. Only major issue was the lack of toilet seats (maybe a personal thing, thought it was a bit gross). But apart from that we enjoyed our stay.

Giovanni's is amazing. He is such a great host and was so welcoming and kind. I lost my luggage and he helped me with all the essentials until I was able to get my luggage back. The rooms are great and the location is central to all the amazing things the city has to offer. Giovanni gives an amazing overview of the city and strives to make the best out of your stay in Naples! His home cooking is to die for and he teaches if you are willing to learn!

Giovanni is amazing! He really goes out of his way to make sure you have a comfortable stay and see the best of Naples. His suggestions are great and the hostel really feels like home, I'd suggest it to anyone!

Giovanni is lovely! Helpful! The people there are awesome!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • China

Giovanni definitely is reason enough to stay at this hostel. Very knowledgeable and willing to pass that info along to whoever needs it. Only piece of advice that was off was the portion on the Amalfi Coast. Was told not to go, but the coast ended up being one of my favorite destinations in Italy. (Absolutely Beautiful)

The beds are very very uncomfortable and the foyer is cluttered with junk. Giovanni is eager to show off Naples but it requires a 90 minute intro the minute you arrive regardless of the amount of time you are staying. He is also very protective if the laundry machine, insisting on starting it himself with only his very harsh soap. The rooftop terrace is an excellent place to hang out and the city introduction does have useful information on food, tours, and activities to fill a week or two.

Giovanni is amazing- he makes the hostel what it is. Great location, great city. Internet cuts out in the bedrooms but that's fixed when you move to the common room.