Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

I had a Wonderful stay at Giovanni's Home. Giovanni is hospitable, friendly and always goes above and beyond what any average hostel offers. The hostel is in a great location, it's unique, homey, and a great place to meet cool people from everywhere. The terrace, kitchen, and the dining room are wonderful spaces. The only thing that I recommend is that Giovanni takes more vacations because he is always working tireless for the guests, and he should take care of himself!

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for the wonderful stay, advice and help during my stay.

• 16th Apr 2015

Giovanni was an incredible host. It was not just renting rooms he engaged with each person daily. He knew our names, made us food and coffee, checked that we had a clear understanding of directions,time abailability and cost for our outings. He created an environment of friends gathering and indeed by the end of my staff I had several new friends. I had the best time!

I really love this hostel. It is a really hostel. Just some time I felt maybe the upper bed will drop on me when someone climbing to her bed.

I have been traveling for over three months. Stayed in many hostels, and this is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Giovanni is the best host ever. He loves the city and passes that inspiration on to you when you arrive. He knows everything about the city and will help you with anything you need. He also loves his clients and makes delicious pasta dishes all the time I would not have had as amazing of a time in Naples if it wasn't for Giovanni and his hostel.

Giovanni's home was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Giovanni, cooked me the best pasta I have ever tasted when I came there. He showed me how to go to incredible, less well known tourist and archeological sites as well. He showed me how beautiful napoli and nearby was. The hostel's location is perfect as it is very near to the historical sights, such as the museo archeologico nazionale (the best museum for roman and Greek civilization), and capella san severo (best baroque art), etc.

I had a great time at Giovanni's, he is the greatest host! So dedicated to his guest.

This is probably the most personal and person-centered hostel I've ever stayed at! Thank you for making my short time in Naples amazing by giving us so much information, and sharing your passion for Italy/Naples! :)

Giovanni was INCREDIBLE! This has been the best hostel experience I've ever had. He is a walking encyclopedia of Naples & imparts that knowledge on all his visitors to ensure we make the most out of our holidays. I was blown away by his care & kindness... this place is the hidden gem of Naples, it's worth going just to meet Giovanni. Beyond that, the location is perfect for getting all around the city & over to Pompeii & Vesuvius. Clean, homely, authentic! Cannot rate this place enough!

The owner was very friendly and gives a lot of introduction about the city, he also helps you with a lot of other things, ordering taxi etc.. Only thing we did not like was the low standard of the facilities, 4 showers for the whole hostel! And a little room for 8 persons. But okay we did not pay a lot for the stay so it was okay and also the location was good!

This hostel is quite different as you are literally in Giovanni's Home. The location is just unbeatable and the atmosphere is quite nice. The male bathrooms are quite small and the water was only lukewarm which was a bit of a downer. However, it's important to note that some time with Giovanni will set you up so incredibly well in Naples that these minor negative points are outweighed. He loves his city and is so passionate about it. Highly recommended.

This trip was my 5th time staying at Giovanni's Home.Each time I stay here I ,I leave wanting to return again.What better recommendation than that.Kind hearted Giovanni,the essence of Neapolitan hospitality,welcomes you with open arms,and makes you feel instantly at home.His love of Naples is contagious,he will transmit that to you as well.Giovanni ,has the welfare of all his guests at heart ,and he will do his utmost to help you in any way he can.Don't hesitate,book now,You will be glad you did

I thought I was going to fall from my bed! They are terrible.

• 7th Apr 2015

Giovanni's is amazing!! Giovanni himself was great! If you're lucky, he'll make you lunch when you check in (first meal in Italy was made by Giovanni). He's such a nice guy and really helpful if you don't have much planned for Naples. He knows all the insider tips. Ask him for recommendations for food as well, he never steered us wrong. He's such a great guy and made our experience in Naples so much better!!

Pretty good stay. Nothing too special. Giovanni is very nice and helpful!

Giovanni's Home is a wonderful place to stay,as is evidenced by all the numerous award plaques decorating the walls, but more importantly are the layers of letters from grateful guests thanking Giovanni,for making their stay so memorable.Giovanni is one of a kind,You will not find many hosts like him, kind hearted, honest, dependable and good humoured. Thanks Giovanni, for looking after me so well when I fell ill recently.Giovanni always takes an interest in all his guests,and their welfare .

I absolutely loved my stay here. Giovanni was the most amazing host I have ever experienced. Upon arriving, he got me a glass of water and had a plate of pasta prepared. He also gave us a ton of information and a map of the city with a specific route to follow and places to see. The rooms were pretty spacious, and there were four bathrooms; two for girls and two for guys. The location was in the historical center of Naples, and it was pretty cool. I would definitely go back and stay.

Giovanni is a wonderful man... Very generous host.

WORLD'S BEST HOSTEL!!! It is hands down the best place I have ever stayed an completely changed my entire opinion of Naples. If you come to Naples without Giovanni, your trip will not be complete. He cooked us great meals, shared his fantastic sense of humor, told us the best places to go with a discount, etc. Every advice he said was SPOT ON, If Giovanni tells you to do something, DO IT. I cannot say enough good about this place. You must stay here!

Loved staying at Giovani