Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Giovanni is a fantastic host! We definitely felt at home when we stayed there!

• 24th May 2015

I felt welcome from the moment I got here. After running around with baggage locating the place, Giovanni had a glass of water waiting for me, followed by a plate of pasta. I felt more like a friend than a guest. Giovanni gives an in depth orientation loaded with insight on must see sites in and around Napoli, including the best spots to eat. He has a lot of pride in his city, and for good reason. If you are visiting Napoli and don't want to get suckered by tourist traps, stay here!!

• 24th May 2015

This is a great place. Giovanni is awesome and gives you a great introduction to the city, and a common feeling is that you booket too few days in Naples! The place is close to everything. I doubt you can find a better place in Naples, unless you're only after partying, which you shouldn't be - Naples has so much to offer, as Giovanni made me realize! He also makes great pasta.

Had a great stay at Giovanni's hostel. He's super friendly and great, made us pasta on first arrival which was super nice. Location is perfect walking distance to everything. Giovanni is a wealth of information and told us everything to do in Naples - stuff we never even heard about. Best stay.

It was a really good hostel and i will totally come there again if I come Naples. Giovanni really made us all feel like home and he gave really good tips what to do and where to go in Naples.

• 20th May 2015
  • Finland

Giovanni - you are an awesome host! We spent our first half hour in Naples with Giovanni as he described the attractions, recommended restaurants, and pizza places. He made us lunch and (correctly) informed us that "This is the best risotto you will have." Travellers - when you decide you are travelling to Naples, intend to spend a minimum of 2-3 days in Naples and stay with Giovanni!! Giovanni is proud of Naples, and wants you to see his city through the eyes of a local person.

giovanni is a really great host! he explains everything you can do in napoli and the area and what you should avoid, and, if you are really lucky, he will cook for you! he is an excellent chef and we were lucky enough to get risotto AND pasta. :) the hostel is really clean and you have everything you need. thank you for an amazing time in napoli giovanni! tanti saluti, rachael e julianna

Loved it here. I recommend this place all the time. Giovanni is amazing. Very central location. Really great stay. Made my trip to Naples memorable

Giovanni is the most amazing host and will truly make your stay in napoli making you feel at home in his home! He will go above and beyond to make sure you get the most out of your stay and do everything you want in napoli. What Giovanni doesn't know about napoli isn't worth knowing!

Stay here. Giovanni is amazing and you cannot experience Naples without him.

Giovanni's home was definetly one of the best hostels i've been! I only have to thank Giovanni for the meal, the awsome tips about the city, the ride thorugh the town. Napoli was much more then i expected because of him. =)

Giovanni is very passionate about Naples and loves meeting travelers and sharing his city with them. He gives decent advice on what to see, though maybe too much because I really wanted to explore Capri and the blue grotto but couldn't due to lack of time.

The hostel is perfect if you really want to get to know Naples.

Giivanni's is the best!!! He goes out of his way to make sure you ar happy and getting the most out of Napoli, our visit would have been so different if it weren't for him! We felt like we were staying with a favourite uncle. Recommend to anyone and everyone!!

• 7th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Staying at Giovanni's was an integral part of a fantastic trip to Naples. I didn't feel as though I were staying at a hostel, but with a friend - if only all my friends made delicious Italian food and the best coffee ever. :) Giovanni makes everybody feel so at home and is such a fantastic, caring person. Even a month later, I still miss it and feel like I would like to go back!

Definitely one of the best hostel experiences I've had in six months of solid traveling. Giovanni is the best host! He loves to share Naples with his guests and will sit you down with a map upon arrival and tell you everywhere you should go. He also cooks almost every day, so you're often treated to homemade gnocchi, risotto, and pasta. Don't come here if all you want is to party; it's a home away from home where you're encouraged to have a great time, while respecting your fellow travelers.

Giovanni is amazing. Know everythingg about Naples and u could tell how much he loves this place. He'll give everyone a thorough introduction about Naples and good suggestions on how to plan your route. He's so friendly and helpful! And saved me a plate of pasta when i arrived late at night, starving. He'll call everyone by their names which make it feels like home:)

Giovanni was the best host and offered wonderful insights about Naples. His home is simple but comfortable and in a good location to see many sites. I highly recommend staying with him.

It is a really safe place, I confidently lleave my stuffs on my room. It is like A house where people reallreally feel comfortable in. My only problem was that my bed felt a little bit unsafe.

Giovanni's place is a great stay. He's very warm and welcoming, makes you feel at home. Wants to make sure you have a good time in Naples, and he really loves his city. He will give you many recommendations on what to do! I would defiantly recommend staying here. He's an awesome guy that really looks out for you.