Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

1925 Total Reviews

Giovanni is very excited to tell new guests about all Naples has to offer, and will even help you plan your trips. I couldn't have asked for a better environment. We all became like family so quickly, and we all felt safe leaving our valuables in our rooms. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. He greets you with an amazing bowl of pasta and a very informative talk about Napoli and the surrounding area. We originally just came for Pompeii but we ending up booking 2 more nights there because we realized there was so much more to do. All the people staying there were great and the atmosphere was amazing. You could see how much Giovanni cared about each and every guest and he had the best pizza and gelato recommendations. Best place to stay in Napoli!

• 21st May 2014

Giovanni is a wealth of knowledge. He knows everything and everybody in town. Ask him all the questions about what to do/see, where to eat, etc... His cooking was delicious. He usually cook dinner or lunch for his guests. There are so many things to do and see in Campagna. Between the city of Naples and Ercolano, Pompei, Mt. Vesuvius, and the islands you will be busy. Definitely try the Margarita pizza at Gino Sorbillo. Simple but delicious at 3 euros. Can't beat that.

This is a very special place. Giovanni is a one-of-a-kind host! He cares so much for each of his guests. The location was ideal and the community of people staying there was awesome. GO TO GIOVANNI'S!!!!

I had a great stay in Giovanni's house. He is an excellent host and is genuinely interested in making sure that you have a great visit. I really appreciated a bowl of pasta after a long tiring journey. His introductory talk is very thorough and allows you to make the most of your time ( I stayed an extra day!) As the hostel is small it is very friendly and you will easily find someone to join you for an excursion. Mature backpacker!

• 15th May 2014

Was an absolutely wonderful experience, in an excellent location for viewing Naples. And of course the renowned Giovanni lived up to all expectations: fantastic welcome, incredibly knowledgable and generally friendly.

The rooms were a little basic with No lockers to store valuables. As there are no bedside lights people disturb others when coming and leaving the rooms. Needed tea/coffee facilities.

Don't stay anywhere else in Naples! This is the best hostel and Giovanni is such a lovely man. He is very passionate about Napoli. Great cook and very considerate. The walls are covered in thank you notes which is so sweet

Giovanni is a very nice guy, there's no denying that. He spent a solid 30 minutes explaining what to do and see in the city. He'll likely offer you food when you arrive as he seemed to do for most all guests (I had just eaten, but appreciated the offer). All that said, I have one thing that affects my hostel going experience more than anything else: The bed. I was there for two nights and I don't think my back could've handled anymore. Not only could you feel every spring but the bunk beds shoo

Giovanni's Home is a very excellent hostel.

It was a good place to stay in Naples, GIovanni is great and as soon as I arrived he made me homemade spaghetti carbonara and gave me a map and walked me through where to go and the history of Naples. He really gave me a new insight on the city and made me excited to go out and see it. He also recommended a GREAT pizza place just down the road. Also, everyone talks about Naples being dangerous, and with my experience, it's just like any other big city - just be aware of your surroundings.

Giovanni makes every effort to know everyone's names, making everyone feel welcome. He is clearly so passionate about Naples and does his best to make sure you get the most out of your stay. What Giovanni doesn't know about Naples isn't worth knowing!

Giovanni is the MOST amazing host ever!!! He welcomed about 12 of us into his common room by making us lunch, and with every check in, he personally tells the history of Naples and highlights everything on a map for you to do. You HAVE to stay with him if you ever go to Naples - I know I'm staying there when I return!

Giovanni's home was the best hostel I have ever been to. He is an incredibly kind and generous man with a great love for his home of Naples. His house is very clean and very cozy. I met a lot of great people from all different parts of the world just from hanging out at the hostel after a long day of exploring. He honestly is a great person and wonderful host!

• 1st May 2014

Home away from home. Such a safe lovely welcoming environment.

Thanks for being such a wonderful host Giovanni. Your kindness (and singing!) made my birthday unforgettable. Alice

Without a doubt, my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in! Giovanni is WONDERFUL. I was a little nervous about going to the city by myself as a 20 year old woman, but I felt completely equipped to tour Naples with Giovanni's advice and spectacular map! He also gave us two pasta-cooking lessons. There is no better place to stay in Naples and no better host. I can't wait to go back!

• 27th Apr 2014

ジョパンニさんはすごく親切で面白いです!ナポリにはピザだけ食べに行こうと思って何も調べずに行きましたが、見どころ説明をジョパンニさんがしてくれたので、ナポリを満喫できました。美味しいピザから、教会、日帰りで行ける島、治安情報などいろいろ教えてくれます。 たまに美味しいパスタを作ってくれることもあります。 掃除も毎日してるみたいでとても綺麗でした。 大きな看板とかはなくアパートの一室ですので、呼び鈴を鳴らして、ドアをあけてもらいます。

One of (if not the) best hostels I've ever stayed! Truly, Giovanni is a legend, and I felt more as in a friend's house than a hostel, with all amazing guests and himself! Excellent location in the ancient centre, with lots to see and do nearby, and Giovanni himself knows everything about the city. Just an advice: don't bring pizza that is not from Gino Sorbillo (well, you will never bother with another pizza anyway if you taste Gino's pizza once...)

• 24th Apr 2014

This was the best hostel we have ever stayed in. It felt like we were part of Giovanni's big happy family for the weekend. He cooked us some amazing meals and had the best advice about things to do in Naples. Can't wait to return!!