Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

There are not enough words to describe the amazing time we had at Giovanni's. If you're there on pasta night, take advantage of it! I fell in love with Napoli because of Giovanni and I will never stay anywhere else in the city. He is so welcoming and you feel like family as soon as you arrive. Ask him for stories of the interesting people he's met since opening the hostel!

Giovanni's home really felt like home. The facilities were clean, there was an amazing terrace/patio space, but what really made this stay special was Giovanni himself; he even picked me up from the airport on his motorcycle and took me on a tour around Naples. On top of that, when we arrived at the hostel he made me an espresso and fed me spaghetti carbonara. Need I say more? Giovanni is such a sweetheart and extremely dedicated to making all of his guests feel welcome and at home.

• 4th Jun 2015

Giovanni is an amazing host, makes you feel very welcome and even made me pasta when i arrived. Small hostel very welcoming. Unfortunately no lockers for valuables and very uncomfortable beds let the hostel down.

Giovanni is amazing! if you stay anywhere else in Naples you're missing out! he gives everyone the low down on the city and where to go/what to see and it'll make you want to stay longer! he even fixed me up after I took a tumble at Vesuvius, I have nothing but great things to say about this place!

When looking for a hostel to stay in I usually consider the location, facilities, price and never think about the hostel owner but this place won a place in my heart because of Giovanni. Called Giovanni's Home for a reason because he makes you feel exactly like you are at a home away from home! He made our stay in Napoli unforgettable. Thank you!!!

Giovanni's Home was fantastic! He is welcoming and passionate about his city. Right when you get there he sits you down and tells you everything you should see in Naples. In the rooms, the beds make a lot of noise when someone moves around and it is quite annoying, plus the men's bathrooms are tiny. The Balcony is amazing - wake up early and sit outside to an amazing view of the city and Mt. Vesuvius. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel at such a great price.

• 27th May 2015

Giovanni is a fantastic host! We definitely felt at home when we stayed there!

• 24th May 2015

I felt welcome from the moment I got here. After running around with baggage locating the place, Giovanni had a glass of water waiting for me, followed by a plate of pasta. I felt more like a friend than a guest. Giovanni gives an in depth orientation loaded with insight on must see sites in and around Napoli, including the best spots to eat. He has a lot of pride in his city, and for good reason. If you are visiting Napoli and don't want to get suckered by tourist traps, stay here!!

• 24th May 2015

This is a great place. Giovanni is awesome and gives you a great introduction to the city, and a common feeling is that you booket too few days in Naples! The place is close to everything. I doubt you can find a better place in Naples, unless you're only after partying, which you shouldn't be - Naples has so much to offer, as Giovanni made me realize! He also makes great pasta.

Had a great stay at Giovanni's hostel. He's super friendly and great, made us pasta on first arrival which was super nice. Location is perfect walking distance to everything. Giovanni is a wealth of information and told us everything to do in Naples - stuff we never even heard about. Best stay.

It was a really good hostel and i will totally come there again if I come Naples. Giovanni really made us all feel like home and he gave really good tips what to do and where to go in Naples.

• 20th May 2015
  • Finland

Giovanni - you are an awesome host! We spent our first half hour in Naples with Giovanni as he described the attractions, recommended restaurants, and pizza places. He made us lunch and (correctly) informed us that "This is the best risotto you will have." Travellers - when you decide you are travelling to Naples, intend to spend a minimum of 2-3 days in Naples and stay with Giovanni!! Giovanni is proud of Naples, and wants you to see his city through the eyes of a local person.

giovanni is a really great host! he explains everything you can do in napoli and the area and what you should avoid, and, if you are really lucky, he will cook for you! he is an excellent chef and we were lucky enough to get risotto AND pasta. :) the hostel is really clean and you have everything you need. thank you for an amazing time in napoli giovanni! tanti saluti, rachael e julianna

Loved it here. I recommend this place all the time. Giovanni is amazing. Very central location. Really great stay. Made my trip to Naples memorable

Giovanni is the most amazing host and will truly make your stay in napoli making you feel at home in his home! He will go above and beyond to make sure you get the most out of your stay and do everything you want in napoli. What Giovanni doesn't know about napoli isn't worth knowing!

Stay here. Giovanni is amazing and you cannot experience Naples without him.

Giovanni's home was definetly one of the best hostels i've been! I only have to thank Giovanni for the meal, the awsome tips about the city, the ride thorugh the town. Napoli was much more then i expected because of him. =)

Giovanni is very passionate about Naples and loves meeting travelers and sharing his city with them. He gives decent advice on what to see, though maybe too much because I really wanted to explore Capri and the blue grotto but couldn't due to lack of time.

The hostel is perfect if you really want to get to know Naples.

Giivanni's is the best!!! He goes out of his way to make sure you ar happy and getting the most out of Napoli, our visit would have been so different if it weren't for him! We felt like we were staying with a favourite uncle. Recommend to anyone and everyone!!

• 7th May 2015