Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Definetely the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Being there made my trip to Napoli way more fun and interesting. I have no words to describe Giovanni, he is a true host - he makes everything to make you feel at home. He is not a regular hostel owner who deals with the whole thing as a plain business transaction. No! He treated me like a dear guest and I could tell he honestly cared about each one of the people there. He even cooked for us! The hostel is also extremely well-located.

Giovanni is a great guy and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

Giovanni is the coolest guy you'll ever meet. he's so much fun and welcoming and he cooks. He creates such an amazing atmosphere. He loves his city and puts so much effort into making you love it. You'll likely want to stay longer than you expected. Naples has a lot to do. My only recommendation to Giovanni is that maybe he do a little more on maintenance and facilities. Some tiles are loose and some things are noticeably dirty. Showers also drain poorly. I'll be back! Ciao Bello.

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but my stay at Giovanni's was so great I figured I had to. Giovanni was an extremely gracious host. Upon my arrival he made lunch for two of my friends and I. His pasta was absolutely delicious! Aside from that, Giovanni took the time to explain things to do and sites to see in Naples. Naples is an extremely underrated town in Italy and Giovanni did a great job making my experience there as great as possible. :)

• 28th Mar 2015

The best hostel experience I've had so far. Giovanni is absolutely incredible, he will instill a love for Napoli in you that you would never expect. Ciao Giovanni!

My stay at Giovanni's was so great he welcomes you into his home so completely and really sets out to make sure you have the best experience in Náple, with personal recommendation's that are amazing. I honestly felt more like I was couchsurfing than staying in a hostel, He even cooks (amazing pasta), for us all. and if your lucky he may take you out on his motorbike :D

Giovanni is the best ;)

Giovanni is a wealth of knowledge about Napoli! The hostel was clean and felt very safe. I met some great people here and had a lovely stay.

Giovanni's home is a warm and magnificent place that let's you experience the real Napoli! Giovanni and his infinite wisdom of the city and surrounding areas make the trip so much more enjoyable. Stay here, and do not miss Ginos pizza place down the road as it is famous in Italy and the greatest pizza we have ever had!

giovanni is a great host and has has a genuine interest in promoting naples. this city should be seen as just more than a stop for pompei,it's the real italy were people live life on the streets. don't read to much into what the guide books say, with commonsense it will be as safe as you want it to be, i'll be back

Awesome place, passionate owner, homely place. Love it!

Good location but sparse bathrooms and toilets with the seats removed. Giovanni was nice enough and even made dinner for us all one night, but I was shocked when he said he doesn't allow drunk people in his hostel. So he put up a fuss when we shared two bottles of wine between four people. I would recommend Giovanni's home for older travellers or people looking for a quiet stay, not for young people.

Hi Isaac, thanks for staying with us and having the time to leave a feedback. I wouldn't make such a problem for only 2 bottles of wine, please remember how many bottles you had, it wasn't just 2. Also please look at the average age of my guests and you can see that Giovanni's guests are manly young folks. Thanks anyway and please come back to visit us again. All the Best, Giovanni!

Giovanni is amazing, he gives a great introduction about the city and the area (he loves Naples!) and he is a great cook. You feel welcomed the whole time and it is really clean and safe. I'll definitely come back!

Giovanni's Home was truly a home. He is the most lovely and hospitable man I have met and his knowledge of Napoli is incredible which definitely enhanced the experience. I extended my stay because of how much I enjoyed not just Napoli, but this hostel in particular. Would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone, especially solo travelers. Excellent for meeting people and for a safe and clean stay. Giovanni was a wonderful cook also! Beautiful authentic Italian food was a treat!

• 23rd Feb 2015

lovely host, lovely food!

• 19th Feb 2015

Gio was a great host and made sure we were comfortable. The place felt like home and was consistently clean. I was impressed with the simplicity and the comfortable feeling. It was close to a lively street that I enjoyed going to for food and markets.

A fantastic host, Giovanni is very welcoming, extremely helpful and makes your stay feel like home. He clearly wants you to experience the most from napoli! I will for sure be back again and stay there! Also he makes amazing food!

Giovannis is by far the most hospitable place you will travel to. He takes care of everyone that enters his door, and his cooking is delicious! You won't regret coming here

• 13th Feb 2015

Giovanni is such a beauty I can't start to describe it. If I could give staff a higher rating I would give it a 10/5. He gives you a map and an overview of the city that's like the key to the city. He will also cook for you! He makes the hostel very easy to meet others and see everything possible in Naples. We had an amazing time in Naples because of Giovanni!!! Thank you so much Giovanni!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best hostel my friend and I stayed in, because... Giovanni. He is absolutely great, he'll give you information on all activities to do in Naples, where to get food (€3.30 Gino's pizaa = best ever), day trips around naples and the times of trains and travel for these trips. Additionally if you stay on the weekend and sometimes on the weekdays he makes pasta, amazingly simple but Italian pasta that you can then reproduce throughout your low budgeted hostel travel. BEST HOSTEL EVER