Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

I really enjoyed my stay at Giovanni's Home. He is an incredibly nice man and is more than willing to help you with anything you may need help with. He provides you with a map of the city and shows you where to go, what to see, etc. He made dinner for us one night and it was delicious. Highly recommended!

• 21st Jun 2015

Giovanni is amazing! Had a great time staying there. The atmosphere is like a big family in the hostel.

• 20th Jun 2015

Giovanni is the man and makes you feel at home; he made me ice cream and coffee! Really nice, cosy hostel with plenty of facilities and a great patio. Cool historic building in the old town. Can't reccomend Giovanni's enough.

The biggest attraction at this hostel, even more so than the fantastic location, is Giovanni himself. He loves Naples and will pass that love onto you during your visit.

Giovanni is the best host and the hostel is super relaxed. He gives you a really informative talk about the city when you arrive which really helped us to get the best out of Naples. The kitchen is great and so are the bathrooms. The neighbourhood is super cool and our favourite place to walk around!

A very warm welcome from Giovanni, he is an angel. I was slightly concerned at first about not having locked storage, but everyone was so nice there that I didn't worry. Love the outside area. Could not recommend this place highly enough. Have told all of my friends about Giovanni :)

• 17th Jun 2015

Giovanni is such an amazing host. He updates you on everything in the city, helps you to feel comfortable and enjoy the time you have in Naples and its surroundings. I would highly recommend this hostel and will definitely be back in the future. Thanks to Giovanni this stay for me was so much more than just staying at a hostel, but more like staying in his home. Easy to socialise and get around the city from this locations also. Best hostel I have stayed in so far on my travels.

Giovanni is a walking encyclopedia of information on Napoli and the surrounding areas. Located a short walk from the Museo metro stop and the Museo Archeologico itself. Quartieri San Lorenzo is very active and happening, although might not be for everyone.

Had a very nice stay and would definitely come back. Pros: giovanni (staff) is great and helpful (you get a lot of information): on occasion free delicious food and self made ice cream. Good location close to the metro. Very nice place to meet people to hang out with. cons: for men the bathrooms are a tad bit to small, beds are not that good. (although after a complaint about a matrass he ordered new matrasses the next day).

Thank you Giovanni for an unforgettable time in Naples! I had an amazing time staying at one of the most welcome and friendliest hostels I have been too. The advice given about the city and its surroundings was perfect and I cannot wait to come back!

• 14th Jun 2015

Giovanni is a very welcoming host. Upon arrival he gives you a map and tells you everything there is to know about Naples. He even cooked us some beautiful gnocchi. The hostel is nicely situated in de heart of the old quarter of the city, close to metroline 1 and 2 (stop MUSEO). Felt more like a homestay than a hostel.

• 11th Jun 2015

Giovanni was an amazing host who provided us with valuable information on our sightseeing excursions throughout Napoli!

• 10th Jun 2015

Giovanni was the best host ever! Cooked me delicious meals and gave the most amazing rundown of what there was to do in and around Naples! I completely changed my plans around and followed his advice which turned out brilliant. If you want a wonderful relaxing hostel atmosphere this is your go to! Love your little bird.

There are not enough words to describe the amazing time we had at Giovanni's. If you're there on pasta night, take advantage of it! I fell in love with Napoli because of Giovanni and I will never stay anywhere else in the city. He is so welcoming and you feel like family as soon as you arrive. Ask him for stories of the interesting people he's met since opening the hostel!

Giovanni's home really felt like home. The facilities were clean, there was an amazing terrace/patio space, but what really made this stay special was Giovanni himself; he even picked me up from the airport on his motorcycle and took me on a tour around Naples. On top of that, when we arrived at the hostel he made me an espresso and fed me spaghetti carbonara. Need I say more? Giovanni is such a sweetheart and extremely dedicated to making all of his guests feel welcome and at home.

• 4th Jun 2015

Giovanni is an amazing host, makes you feel very welcome and even made me pasta when i arrived. Small hostel very welcoming. Unfortunately no lockers for valuables and very uncomfortable beds let the hostel down.

Giovanni is amazing! if you stay anywhere else in Naples you're missing out! he gives everyone the low down on the city and where to go/what to see and it'll make you want to stay longer! he even fixed me up after I took a tumble at Vesuvius, I have nothing but great things to say about this place!

When looking for a hostel to stay in I usually consider the location, facilities, price and never think about the hostel owner but this place won a place in my heart because of Giovanni. Called Giovanni's Home for a reason because he makes you feel exactly like you are at a home away from home! He made our stay in Napoli unforgettable. Thank you!!!

Giovanni's Home was fantastic! He is welcoming and passionate about his city. Right when you get there he sits you down and tells you everything you should see in Naples. In the rooms, the beds make a lot of noise when someone moves around and it is quite annoying, plus the men's bathrooms are tiny. The Balcony is amazing - wake up early and sit outside to an amazing view of the city and Mt. Vesuvius. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel at such a great price.

• 27th May 2015

Giovanni is a fantastic host! We definitely felt at home when we stayed there!

• 24th May 2015