Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Thank you Giovanni and everyone in hotel for lovely staying in Napoli! It was short vacation, but I had an unforgettable time there. Great food, great people and great view. Especially Giovanni's place was the best hostel I've ever stayed.

Amazing stay. Highly recommended for anyone who is travelling to Naples. Giovanni is great host, place is clean, safe with home atmosphere.

Giovanni is awesome!!! I really enjoyed to stay there! When people arrive there he explain everything you need for traveling in Naples.

• 13th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Without giovanni I would not have had a good stay in Naples. He was very informative about what to do and was welcoming and down to earth. Good to meet other travelers, close to other sights, but the beds are a little rough.

Giovanni was an incredible host! He made us loads of yummy pasta (and even accommodated for a gluten-free member of our group) and told us all about the best things to do in Naples. Great spot!

The host was really awesome! Thanks for the awesome experience, Giovanni!

• 8th Oct 2015

Like everyone says - phenomal hostel, made so by Giovanni himself. he's got about 9 says worth of activities/suggestions and deals for various tours/museums and a map he'll give you where he's highlighted various points of interest (sights, best pizza etc.) Also, he is a phenomenal cook! Definitely worth a stop

LOVED this hostel/home!!!! The best place I've stayed in during my three months in europe! Giovanni recommends places to see and the history of naples so you don't miss all the interesting things only the locals know. When I arrived he offered me homemade pasta which was delicious and cooks dinner for everyone some nights! This home is a very social and safe place! Could not recommend this enough!

Home away from home hostel! This is a great place to stay if you're getting a little homesick. Everyone treats you like family and you start to act like one! Nice welcome dinner in your first night. Great terrace to hang out on in the evening. There are neighbors so you can't get too noisy, or drunk, but you can enjoy yourself and the people around you. Giovanni is the most generous host I've had so far and will lend you anything you need to make your stay in Naples better! Great place!

Staying at Giovanni's was amazing. Yes, the rooms are small with a lot of beds in them but I found that Giovanni's was less about where I slept and more about the "family feel" that I got staying there. Giovanni is so funny, warm, and welcoming and people who stay at the hostel all seem to have a great vibe going. We would all just hang out on the terrace outside most nights and hang out. As a solo traveller it was really a great place to meet people. Overall wonderful experience! :)

• 29th Sep 2015

Best host I ever had, very knowledgable about Napoli and won't steer you wrong. All in all loved the place

Giovanni's exceeded all my expectations, sure the building is a bit old, but the service provided was far beyond you would get from five star hotel. My stay felt more like visiting a relative or friend's home than staying at a hostel.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Staying in Giovanni's home is like staying with family. There's plenty of room to hang out together and the atmosphere is amazing! Giovanni has great love for his city and cares deeply about making your stay there worthwhile. Will definitely come back there as soon as possible :)

Giovanni's hostel is one in a million a must stay in Napoli. Giovanni is a weath of knowledge and is love and passion for his city shines through when he tells u about it. Giovanni's hostel provides a great social atmoshere all on its own without any help from Vino!! I would not even think twice about going back we even extended our stay an extra day and night. We highley recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone.

Giovanni was an excellent h9st. He was a also very helpful with tourist information and things to do in Naples.

I didn't plan on going to Napoli but ended up there because I wanted to taste some real pizza. I am so glad that I went because Napoli turned out to be my favorite city out of Italy. There aren't tons of tour buses unloading selfie-snatching tourists there, but there are amazing people like Giovanni there! Giovanni cared for his guests like family! He gives you his real opinion and treats you like what your family would. Listen to him, and you'll love Napoli too!

• 25th Sep 2015

Hardly a "hostel", Giovanni's Home is a homestay with a generous host who cooked pasta for me and others on multiple occasions. Excellent atmosphere, a great place to meet other travellers.

I was in Giovanni hostel for two nights i had a very good experience. Giovanni is very friendly people and he knows every thing about Napoli! He is very concerned about his guest and also he is the best host! the location is very close to the metro station so you don't have a problem to arrive! Any way I recommend Giovanni house! Thanks you Giovanni!

Giovanni! What an amazing man. If you're looking for a trip to Italy with a homey feeling, real information and time spent with locals? Stay with Giovanni. Kind, helpful, and very caring, Giovanni will make your stay VERY memorable. Location is central, rooms were clean and organized, full kitchen and patio and common room. Even instruments and a massage chair! I had an amazing time and I will DEFINITELY be back. Naples is beautiful too, so much history and fun things to explore. 5 stars

Giovanni is a very caring person who loves Naples. If you are anti social then this place isn't for you. You really are welcomed to the house of Giovanni . It's true that check in takes minimum an hour as he tells you all of his recommendations. The atmosphere doesn't feel like youre in a hostel, it's like you're couch surfing with Giovanni.