Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

I fell in love with Napoli, and this was largely because of Giovanni! His enthusiasm, passion, and love for his city are infectious, and I was very grateful that he took the time to provide history on the city, and highlight the key sites to visit. He cooked delicious pasta, and provided a warm, hospitable environment. I was in Europe for 4 weeks and my only regret is that I didn't spend more time in Naples. I highly recommend this hostel and this host. I will return one day Giovanni! -Taylor

Giovanni is the best host ever! I would always go back there. With all his heart he helps everyone to feel home at this wonderful place. He has so many ideas and always knows whats going on. And if you love Pasta - it's the best place to stay anyway, as Giovanni is an awesome cook!

A true Italian experience. Staying with Giovanni is different than most other hostels. First, he is an excellent chef and loves to cook lunch for his guests. Second, he actually cares. This shows in everything he does. He is passionate about his city and opinionated about exploring Italy. Everything he does is for you. Such a far cry from massive corporate hostels. Refreshing, unique, and culturally revelatory, Giovanni's home is an experience worthy of a trip to Napoli in itself.

Awesome experience at Giovanni's. Come with an open mind and Giovanni will tell you where and how to spend your time in Naples by going over a map with you. He takes the time to cook amazingly delicious pasta just because he wants to. He really cares about his guests and it shows. I loved my time here, thank you Giovanni!

There is no lift, stairs are very steep and difficult to use with luggage. Host does not want alcohol on his property, but does not state that anywhere on website when booking. Check in takes approximately 1.5 hrs as host lectures about Naples, how It is the best city compared to the rest of Italy, ect. Discourages visitors from going to any location outside of Naples (Capri, Pompeii) because Naples has too much too see/offer, which isn't appropriate to do. Host is at hostel at all times.

exactly, there is no elevator,but there is not even a swimming pool, if the stairs are too heavy it is because you ate 2 pizzas for lunch and 2 for dinner.if I am in the hostel all the time is to offer all my help at any time to people who are eager to explore the beautiful things that are ignored in the books.please,be honest,do not say that alcohol is prohibited. rather say that I told you that it is completely forbidden to be loud drunks,I do not think that it should be written on the website

Giovanni was an amazing host and we had the best time in Naples!

Home away from home. Giovanni is the coolest host we ever met on our Italy trip- funny and charming and a real pasta chef! He taught us to cook pasta alla gamberetti and pasta alla octopus which were both so delicious. Also he gives an excellent introduction into the city highlights and hidden treasures. We enjoyed our time in Napoli very mucho! Thank you Papa Giovanni- your cats;)

• 10th Sep 2015

Really great experience . Giovanni was really hospitable - we were greeted with a nice cold glass of water and a bowl of pasta . He gave us a very in depth information session on what to do in Naples which was great . Would definitely stay again.

The most hospitable host I have ever stayed with! The hostel is lovely and in a great location!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Wales

We had a great time at Giovannies home! Beds are comfy, locations is great, kitchen has all the facilities you would need and there's even a beautiful terrace to enjoy! Great atmosphere to meet people, and Givannie is a great host, he taught us all about Naples and its history, and had some awesome advise on what to do while we were there!! He even makes fresh pasta for lunch! Dont miss the famous pizza place around the corner either, best pizza we've ever had!

• 8th Sep 2015

To describe Giovanni as 'a good host' is akin to describing the Veiled Christ that dominates Nappli's Capello Sansevero as 'a good sculpture'. He is a mentor, a chef, an entertainer and the ultimate font of knowledge on all things Neapolitan. Where is the best pizza? Giovanni knows. Where can I get the best view of the city? Giovanni knows. How can I enjoy myself in Naples? There's only one man to ask...

Giovanni we love you! It was so nice to have such a helpful host and one that is so passionate about where they live. We got loads of great ideas of stuff to do whilst we were there, wish we'd had an extra day to fit it all in. The hostel has a really friendly atmosphere with everyone up for a chat/bottle of wine on the terrace. The bathrooms are excellent and the WiFi is good. We always felt like our belongings were safe even though we were in a dorm room. GINO'S PIZZA!!!

Giovanni is fantastic; my sister was taken ill and had to spend time in hospital, and Giovanni was so helpful and understanding throughout the whole drama, helping us find s hospital, making my sister home-made soup and ensuring I could stay longer than I'd planned. The hostel is homely, welcoming and with good facilities. Giovanni is a font of knowledge about the place and gives you loads of information upon arrival- he also cooks everyone pasta, which is delicious. Great place.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Giovanni's hostel was amazing! Giovanni made us lunch when we arrived and gave us a one hour crash course on the history of Italy and more specifically Naples. Giovanni has a passion about his city that is inspiring. He recommended many great things to do in the city. Overall it was by far the best hostel experience I've had.

We arrived on a hot afternoon, we were thirsty and hungry after our long journey. As if he read our thoughts, Giovanni welcomed us with a glass of cold water and some delicious pasta.... Then he gave a bunch of useful information and great insider tips. Thanks to Giovanni we saw many sights we hadn't seen without his tips. The rooms are simple but the hospitality is great. :) I can fully recommend to anyone. :)

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Hungary

Staying at Giovanni's was like walking indoors after a long trek in the wilderness. Personable and real, Giovanni was always ready to help. Thank you for cooking for us! The location is great, a few minutes walk from many areas of interest and right in the middle of a colourful neighbourhood filled with life. Facilities were great and cleaned daily. Stay here! You'll have a great experience if you do :) grazie mille!

The absolute best hostel in Italy, giovanni went out of his way to make sure our stay in Naples was unforgettable. Couldn't recommend this more to anyone else!!! Very sociable hostel and located in a cute area. Thankyou so much giovanni! We are missing you already

• 31st Aug 2015

Believe everything you have read. Giovanni was an amazing host, as I checked in he gave me home made pasta and ice cold water. He noticed some previous guests left their sun glasses and raced to the airport to return them. Who does that? Giovanni, that's who! He spent an hour and a half telling me and other guests about Naples and how it's the best place on earth. Thanks to his suggestions I saw things I wasn't expecting, his knowledge of his city is remarkable. Highly recommended!!

Giovanni tells you everything you need to know about Naples and is a fantastic cook

Giovanni, Giovanni, I can not speak highly enough. Only meant to stay two nighs, my five nights in Naples were probably the highlight of my trip in Italy. This is not a hostel, it's a home away from home, with Giovanni bringing everyone together like a family - cooking for us and laughing with us. He is so passionate about naples and opened my eyes to how wonderful the city is. The hostel itself is perfectly equipped and in a brilliant location. I already miss it. Grazie mile Giovanni!!!