Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

I had a great time at Giovanni's, he is the greatest host! So dedicated to his guest.

This is probably the most personal and person-centered hostel I've ever stayed at! Thank you for making my short time in Naples amazing by giving us so much information, and sharing your passion for Italy/Naples! :)

Giovanni was INCREDIBLE! This has been the best hostel experience I've ever had. He is a walking encyclopedia of Naples & imparts that knowledge on all his visitors to ensure we make the most out of our holidays. I was blown away by his care & kindness... this place is the hidden gem of Naples, it's worth going just to meet Giovanni. Beyond that, the location is perfect for getting all around the city & over to Pompeii & Vesuvius. Clean, homely, authentic! Cannot rate this place enough!

The owner was very friendly and gives a lot of introduction about the city, he also helps you with a lot of other things, ordering taxi etc.. Only thing we did not like was the low standard of the facilities, 4 showers for the whole hostel! And a little room for 8 persons. But okay we did not pay a lot for the stay so it was okay and also the location was good!

This hostel is quite different as you are literally in Giovanni's Home. The location is just unbeatable and the atmosphere is quite nice. The male bathrooms are quite small and the water was only lukewarm which was a bit of a downer. However, it's important to note that some time with Giovanni will set you up so incredibly well in Naples that these minor negative points are outweighed. He loves his city and is so passionate about it. Highly recommended.

This trip was my 5th time staying at Giovanni's Home.Each time I stay here I ,I leave wanting to return again.What better recommendation than that.Kind hearted Giovanni,the essence of Neapolitan hospitality,welcomes you with open arms,and makes you feel instantly at home.His love of Naples is contagious,he will transmit that to you as well.Giovanni ,has the welfare of all his guests at heart ,and he will do his utmost to help you in any way he can.Don't hesitate,book now,You will be glad you did

I thought I was going to fall from my bed! They are terrible.

• 7th Apr 2015

Giovanni's is amazing!! Giovanni himself was great! If you're lucky, he'll make you lunch when you check in (first meal in Italy was made by Giovanni). He's such a nice guy and really helpful if you don't have much planned for Naples. He knows all the insider tips. Ask him for recommendations for food as well, he never steered us wrong. He's such a great guy and made our experience in Naples so much better!!

Pretty good stay. Nothing too special. Giovanni is very nice and helpful!

Giovanni's Home is a wonderful place to stay,as is evidenced by all the numerous award plaques decorating the walls, but more importantly are the layers of letters from grateful guests thanking Giovanni,for making their stay so memorable.Giovanni is one of a kind,You will not find many hosts like him, kind hearted, honest, dependable and good humoured. Thanks Giovanni, for looking after me so well when I fell ill recently.Giovanni always takes an interest in all his guests,and their welfare .

I absolutely loved my stay here. Giovanni was the most amazing host I have ever experienced. Upon arriving, he got me a glass of water and had a plate of pasta prepared. He also gave us a ton of information and a map of the city with a specific route to follow and places to see. The rooms were pretty spacious, and there were four bathrooms; two for girls and two for guys. The location was in the historical center of Naples, and it was pretty cool. I would definitely go back and stay.

Giovanni is a wonderful man... Very generous host.

WORLD'S BEST HOSTEL!!! It is hands down the best place I have ever stayed an completely changed my entire opinion of Naples. If you come to Naples without Giovanni, your trip will not be complete. He cooked us great meals, shared his fantastic sense of humor, told us the best places to go with a discount, etc. Every advice he said was SPOT ON, If Giovanni tells you to do something, DO IT. I cannot say enough good about this place. You must stay here!

Loved staying at Giovani

Definetely the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Being there made my trip to Napoli way more fun and interesting. I have no words to describe Giovanni, he is a true host - he makes everything to make you feel at home. He is not a regular hostel owner who deals with the whole thing as a plain business transaction. No! He treated me like a dear guest and I could tell he honestly cared about each one of the people there. He even cooked for us! The hostel is also extremely well-located.

Giovanni is a great guy and I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

Giovanni is the coolest guy you'll ever meet. he's so much fun and welcoming and he cooks. He creates such an amazing atmosphere. He loves his city and puts so much effort into making you love it. You'll likely want to stay longer than you expected. Naples has a lot to do. My only recommendation to Giovanni is that maybe he do a little more on maintenance and facilities. Some tiles are loose and some things are noticeably dirty. Showers also drain poorly. I'll be back! Ciao Bello.

I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but my stay at Giovanni's was so great I figured I had to. Giovanni was an extremely gracious host. Upon my arrival he made lunch for two of my friends and I. His pasta was absolutely delicious! Aside from that, Giovanni took the time to explain things to do and sites to see in Naples. Naples is an extremely underrated town in Italy and Giovanni did a great job making my experience there as great as possible. :)

• 28th Mar 2015

The best hostel experience I've had so far. Giovanni is absolutely incredible, he will instill a love for Napoli in you that you would never expect. Ciao Giovanni!

My stay at Giovanni's was so great he welcomes you into his home so completely and really sets out to make sure you have the best experience in Náple, with personal recommendation's that are amazing. I honestly felt more like I was couchsurfing than staying in a hostel, He even cooks (amazing pasta), for us all. and if your lucky he may take you out on his motorbike :D