Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

1994 Total Reviews

Loved this hostel.. Such a nice laid back vibe, and Giovanni was the best. we wouldn't stay anywhere else in naples!

Giovanni has a great set up and this hostel is a must if you are going to Nales. Affordable, great facilitues and fantastic company. My stay in Naples would have been completely different without all the tips and information Giovanni provided and staying at his hostel was definitely one if the best decisions I made. If you're going to Naples, stay at Giovanni's Home!

• 31st May 2014

Giovanni is a very welcoming and thoughtful host. He is passionate about sharing Naples with travelers and spends time with you explain the main sights. He was always helpful when you had a question. The location is good but the hostel itself is up several flights of large stairs.

Most welcoming hostel I have ever stayed in. Giovanni is a true gent, welcoming, caring and friendly.

Giovanni was an excellent host and entertaining to chat with. We really appreciated all of Giovanni's of the best things to do in Naples.

• 28th May 2014

Giovanni is as welcoming a host as you can ever find anywhere in the world. His introduction to Naples is definitely one you MUST experience - he can just go on and on, it is amazing! However, he can be a little intrusive, but not in an unfriendly manner. The facilities are simple, but comfortable enough for a short stay since you will most likely be out of your rooms mostly anyway. Brilliant launchpad from which to experience Naples!

I highly recommend this hostel for anyone that isn't sure what to do in Naples. Giovanni goes through the city with a map and tells you everything to do in Naples. He did tell us to not go to Ischia (we already had reservations). Ischia ended up being our favorite place in Europe so far, so take his advice on things outside of Naples with a grain of salt. If you are in Naples and have the time, spend a few days on Ischia, it's beautiful and relaxing.

Giovanni is awesome man and cooks very well, he knows a lot about napoli. he gave us good advise to travel.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't choose to stay at this hostel. It's the best. Giovanni is incredible, always happy to help and give advice. When I arrived he had made everyone lunch. While I ate my delicious risotto I was able to meet everyone. Great social atmosphere. Also felt totally safe as a girl travelling alone here. NOT ONLY did Giovanni do all that, but he also drove me to the airport! We strapped my massive bag to the back of his motorbike and off we went, no worries!

Giovanni is very excited to tell new guests about all Naples has to offer, and will even help you plan your trips. I couldn't have asked for a better environment. We all became like family so quickly, and we all felt safe leaving our valuables in our rooms. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. He greets you with an amazing bowl of pasta and a very informative talk about Napoli and the surrounding area. We originally just came for Pompeii but we ending up booking 2 more nights there because we realized there was so much more to do. All the people staying there were great and the atmosphere was amazing. You could see how much Giovanni cared about each and every guest and he had the best pizza and gelato recommendations. Best place to stay in Napoli!

• 21st May 2014

Giovanni is a wealth of knowledge. He knows everything and everybody in town. Ask him all the questions about what to do/see, where to eat, etc... His cooking was delicious. He usually cook dinner or lunch for his guests. There are so many things to do and see in Campagna. Between the city of Naples and Ercolano, Pompei, Mt. Vesuvius, and the islands you will be busy. Definitely try the Margarita pizza at Gino Sorbillo. Simple but delicious at 3 euros. Can't beat that.

This is a very special place. Giovanni is a one-of-a-kind host! He cares so much for each of his guests. The location was ideal and the community of people staying there was awesome. GO TO GIOVANNI'S!!!!

I had a great stay in Giovanni's house. He is an excellent host and is genuinely interested in making sure that you have a great visit. I really appreciated a bowl of pasta after a long tiring journey. His introductory talk is very thorough and allows you to make the most of your time ( I stayed an extra day!) As the hostel is small it is very friendly and you will easily find someone to join you for an excursion. Mature backpacker!

• 15th May 2014

Was an absolutely wonderful experience, in an excellent location for viewing Naples. And of course the renowned Giovanni lived up to all expectations: fantastic welcome, incredibly knowledgable and generally friendly.

The rooms were a little basic with No lockers to store valuables. As there are no bedside lights people disturb others when coming and leaving the rooms. Needed tea/coffee facilities.

Don't stay anywhere else in Naples! This is the best hostel and Giovanni is such a lovely man. He is very passionate about Napoli. Great cook and very considerate. The walls are covered in thank you notes which is so sweet

Giovanni is a very nice guy, there's no denying that. He spent a solid 30 minutes explaining what to do and see in the city. He'll likely offer you food when you arrive as he seemed to do for most all guests (I had just eaten, but appreciated the offer). All that said, I have one thing that affects my hostel going experience more than anything else: The bed. I was there for two nights and I don't think my back could've handled anymore. Not only could you feel every spring but the bunk beds shoo

Giovanni's Home is a very excellent hostel.

It was a good place to stay in Naples, GIovanni is great and as soon as I arrived he made me homemade spaghetti carbonara and gave me a map and walked me through where to go and the history of Naples. He really gave me a new insight on the city and made me excited to go out and see it. He also recommended a GREAT pizza place just down the road. Also, everyone talks about Naples being dangerous, and with my experience, it's just like any other big city - just be aware of your surroundings.