Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

1968 Total Reviews

Giovanni's home was the best hostel I have ever been to. He is an incredibly kind and generous man with a great love for his home of Naples. His house is very clean and very cozy. I met a lot of great people from all different parts of the world just from hanging out at the hostel after a long day of exploring. He honestly is a great person and wonderful host!

• 1st May 2014

Home away from home. Such a safe lovely welcoming environment.

Thanks for being such a wonderful host Giovanni. Your kindness (and singing!) made my birthday unforgettable. Alice

Without a doubt, my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in! Giovanni is WONDERFUL. I was a little nervous about going to the city by myself as a 20 year old woman, but I felt completely equipped to tour Naples with Giovanni's advice and spectacular map! He also gave us two pasta-cooking lessons. There is no better place to stay in Naples and no better host. I can't wait to go back!

• 27th Apr 2014

ジョパンニさんはすごく親切で面白いです!ナポリにはピザだけ食べに行こうと思って何も調べずに行きましたが、見どころ説明をジョパンニさんがしてくれたので、ナポリを満喫できました。美味しいピザから、教会、日帰りで行ける島、治安情報などいろいろ教えてくれます。 たまに美味しいパスタを作ってくれることもあります。 掃除も毎日してるみたいでとても綺麗でした。 大きな看板とかはなくアパートの一室ですので、呼び鈴を鳴らして、ドアをあけてもらいます。

One of (if not the) best hostels I've ever stayed! Truly, Giovanni is a legend, and I felt more as in a friend's house than a hostel, with all amazing guests and himself! Excellent location in the ancient centre, with lots to see and do nearby, and Giovanni himself knows everything about the city. Just an advice: don't bring pizza that is not from Gino Sorbillo (well, you will never bother with another pizza anyway if you taste Gino's pizza once...)

• 24th Apr 2014

This was the best hostel we have ever stayed in. It felt like we were part of Giovanni's big happy family for the weekend. He cooked us some amazing meals and had the best advice about things to do in Naples. Can't wait to return!!

I travelled around Italy for 21 days...it was only after visiting Giovanni's Home Italy felt like home. Giovanni is a humble man who truly adores Naples and looks after each and everyone who visits his Hostel. He makes a very good pumpkin pasta dish! If you pass through Naples call in to see this respected gentleman - hostels can be lonely at times but not here, it's truly amazing!

Giovanni is the best!! The hostel truly stands for "home away from home". If we're to go to napoli again, my first preference would be Giovanni's hostel

• 19th Apr 2014
  • India

Really enjoyed my stay - very friendly and Giovanni went out of his way to orient every one on arrival which was very useful.We were very tired however having got up at 3am in the UK and perhaps time to settle in before the brief or a daily brief to everyone would have helped more.T Very clean and relaxed - loved it.The map of Naples too was very useful as were the pointer re security and places of interest.

Giovanni was extremely helpful and really nice. He had lots of useful information to share about Naples (though he was a bit opinionated). The hostel felt really safe as well. Giovanni even cooked us pasta one day for lunch which was excellent. The hostel is situated pretty much in the heart of the city, with lots to do in any direction. In the future we would definitely definitely stay again, especially for the price and Giovanni himself.

Giovanni, what can I say. Amazing home you have opened up for us "excited travelers (haha)". Cooked us amazing pasta each day (and for us both being full Italian we know good pasta), gave us a full educational and historical explanation, as well as a map of beautiful Napoli, and provided us a truly warm and wonderful experience where we met amazing new friends too. Giovanni is someone who truly cares about his guests. Great location, food, people, and experiences. Thank you Giovanni!

I loved this hostel! It really did feel like a home and I miss Giovanni and his delicious pasta!! I'll definatley be back!!

Giovanni the host is very friendly and helpful, especially when it comes to travel tips. The place is quite far from the train station but easily accessible by metro. It is also not very far from the Toledo street, with restaurants, pizzerias and others. The rooms are small enough and the beds comfortable. I appreciate Giovanni's efforts to help travellers feel at home and must say that he succeeded largely. I would recommend this hostel and will go back there the next time.

Was just like staying with family! Home cooked pasta, fantastic atmosphere. Location excellent! Giovanni was so knowledgable wifi was good and view from the dorm was amazing Doesn't get better!

Giovanni's Home is very welcoming because you're under the care of Giovanni. He cooks for you, tells you where to go in Naples, and overall is a wonderful person. One thing to note is that Giovanni smokes inside, so if you have sensitive allergies this ups not the place for you. I'm not saying everything smells like smoke because Giovanni is considerate, but it is around.

Giovanni is a lovely man- he will go out of his way to help and give ideas/advice. Beds are a little springy but clean and warm. Kitchen is well equipped, and if you're lucky you might get a home cooked meal from Giovanni (delicious!). Good location- 5mins from metro stop Museo. Bathrooms good- always hot water!

LOVE LOVE Giovanni's he is the best! If your only planing on going for a couple of days be prepared to extend your stay. I think most of us there ended up doing that with no regrets.This place is more than a hostel it's Giovanni's home and everyone there feels like family. I left there making new friends and getting great recipies. I feel like I truly got to explor Naplie and its surrounding areas. This is honestly the best place I have stayed throughout my trip through Europe. Enjoy walking th

Giovanni is the best guy I have met having a hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Giovanni is the best host, stay here for a great, authentic Italian experience!