Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

I have been to many hostels around europe and giovanni's hostel was for sure the best i have ever been!!! The owner was very friendly and he gave us all the information we needed. He also told us about the history of naples and other information about the region. In addition, he cooked for us and generally the atmosphere was great!! I recommend it to anyone!!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Great place to stay right near many of the best Pizzerias in Naples and Giovanni is super helpful with recommendations and things to do in Naples and nearby.

I haven't the words to say how my stay at Giovanni ' s home was !!!!! It was just Incredible !!!!Giovanni is a really great person Who enjoy host and meet the people !!!! For sur i will return at Naples just to see Giovanni !!!!!

• 24th Apr 2015

One of the few hostels I've been to that after a day or so just felt like home. Giovanni is just brilliant, though at first I thought he was annoyed at me for misinterpreting Naples - he's just so keen for you to love the place. And I did, having ended up basically following all his recommendations. It's got a super-friendly relaxed atmosphere. And oh my, the recommended pizza is amazing. Thanks so much Giovanni (for the coffee, pasta, and everything!).

I had an amazing stay at Giovanni’s Home in Napoli. Giovanni treated the hostel guests as if they were his own children. He helped me so much when I arrived in Napoli and my luggage was left at my connection in Paris. Giovanni called the airline for me and he even personally took me to the airport the next day to retrieve my luggage. I cannot express how great Giovanni was to me! I like to think of him as San Giovanni!

It was an amazing experience to stay at Giovanni's House. You really feel like staying at his house and he's really kind !!! I recommend this place for suuure!!

• 21st Apr 2015

My husband and I had mixed feelings about our stay. The location was excellent and Giovanni kindly cooked us pasta for lunch on arrival. However, there were a few things we weren't happy with. These included having to sit through a compulsory information session that went for over an hour, not having lockers for our belongings and we didn't sleep well as our mattresses were quite old and saggy. We also disliked that Giovanni smoked inside. We did however meet some great people.

• 19th Apr 2015

Giovanni was amazing and so helpful. He knows everything about Naples and the surrounding area and was really helpful with the best routes around the city and how to see a lot in a short amount of time. He even cooked for everyone at least once during their stay! There's a great community atmosphere at this hostel, I met some great people and we were able to hang out on the terrace and in the common room. The facilities are really good as well.

I had a Wonderful stay at Giovanni's Home. Giovanni is hospitable, friendly and always goes above and beyond what any average hostel offers. The hostel is in a great location, it's unique, homey, and a great place to meet cool people from everywhere. The terrace, kitchen, and the dining room are wonderful spaces. The only thing that I recommend is that Giovanni takes more vacations because he is always working tireless for the guests, and he should take care of himself!

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for the wonderful stay, advice and help during my stay.

• 16th Apr 2015

Giovanni was an incredible host. It was not just renting rooms he engaged with each person daily. He knew our names, made us food and coffee, checked that we had a clear understanding of directions,time abailability and cost for our outings. He created an environment of friends gathering and indeed by the end of my staff I had several new friends. I had the best time!

I really love this hostel. It is a really hostel. Just some time I felt maybe the upper bed will drop on me when someone climbing to her bed.

I have been traveling for over three months. Stayed in many hostels, and this is easily the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Giovanni is the best host ever. He loves the city and passes that inspiration on to you when you arrive. He knows everything about the city and will help you with anything you need. He also loves his clients and makes delicious pasta dishes all the time I would not have had as amazing of a time in Naples if it wasn't for Giovanni and his hostel.

Giovanni's home was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Giovanni, cooked me the best pasta I have ever tasted when I came there. He showed me how to go to incredible, less well known tourist and archeological sites as well. He showed me how beautiful napoli and nearby was. The hostel's location is perfect as it is very near to the historical sights, such as the museo archeologico nazionale (the best museum for roman and Greek civilization), and capella san severo (best baroque art), etc.

I had a great time at Giovanni's, he is the greatest host! So dedicated to his guest.

This is probably the most personal and person-centered hostel I've ever stayed at! Thank you for making my short time in Naples amazing by giving us so much information, and sharing your passion for Italy/Naples! :)

Giovanni was INCREDIBLE! This has been the best hostel experience I've ever had. He is a walking encyclopedia of Naples & imparts that knowledge on all his visitors to ensure we make the most out of our holidays. I was blown away by his care & kindness... this place is the hidden gem of Naples, it's worth going just to meet Giovanni. Beyond that, the location is perfect for getting all around the city & over to Pompeii & Vesuvius. Clean, homely, authentic! Cannot rate this place enough!

The owner was very friendly and gives a lot of introduction about the city, he also helps you with a lot of other things, ordering taxi etc.. Only thing we did not like was the low standard of the facilities, 4 showers for the whole hostel! And a little room for 8 persons. But okay we did not pay a lot for the stay so it was okay and also the location was good!

This hostel is quite different as you are literally in Giovanni's Home. The location is just unbeatable and the atmosphere is quite nice. The male bathrooms are quite small and the water was only lukewarm which was a bit of a downer. However, it's important to note that some time with Giovanni will set you up so incredibly well in Naples that these minor negative points are outweighed. He loves his city and is so passionate about it. Highly recommended.

This trip was my 5th time staying at Giovanni's Home.Each time I stay here I ,I leave wanting to return again.What better recommendation than that.Kind hearted Giovanni,the essence of Neapolitan hospitality,welcomes you with open arms,and makes you feel instantly at home.His love of Naples is contagious,he will transmit that to you as well.Giovanni ,has the welfare of all his guests at heart ,and he will do his utmost to help you in any way he can.Don't hesitate,book now,You will be glad you did