Giovanni's Home Reviews

Via sapienza 43, Naples, Italy

Loved my stay at Giovanni's home. Giovanni is incredibly passionate about Naples and gives you a great introduction into the city's history, best walking routes, food and culture! I really appreciate all the effort he goes to in order to ensure his guests have a great time in Naples. Location is excellent, right in the middle of the old town and around the corner from all the best eating spots. Hostel is small and cosy and the common room is utilised by guests so very easy to meet people.

I wish I could take Giovanni in my backpack ! It is THE place to be in Naples if you want to visit it the best way possible! Take Giovanni's advice and suggestions they are precious ! The house is clean and oh so welcoming ! I recommand it at 3000% !

Fantastic charming hostel, very clean great location with a charming host who is very helpful in telling you what to do in Naples and how to get there along with cooking fantastic meals

DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE in Napoli, please. As a solo traveller, I had a fantastic time here. Welcomed and treated like family, atmosphere enabled me to meet so many people but still keep privacy. Relaxing terrace, comfortable beds and showers always hot, AC always on. Giovanni isn't operating a business as much as he enjoys what he does and was extremely generous and kind to everyone. He doesnt cut corners when it comes to costs so you will have a clean, safe stay that feels like home!!

Giovanni is the kindest, most helpful hostel operator I have encountered! Small number of beds offers a quiet, friendly environment. Large indoor lounge area, plus a beautiful, enormous patio. Air conditioned(!!!). Located in an interesting neighborhood, close to archaeological museum, Duomo, and countless astounding, famous works of art. Listen to Giovanni's recommendations! Follow the orange line on the map! See the Cristo Velato, it's right down the street! Thanks for a great stay!

hostel is not the most modern but it feels confy and you really feel like home plus Giovanni is the best. Like a day away from home. Only tip : do not plan all your days before as Giovanni has plenty of little site he likes to share and worth the visit. ;) thanks for the holidays Giovanni, we really enjoyed our stay at your home From Deborah and Aurelie

Giovanni was helpful but often judgemental and rude. The place was clean but everything was old. Weird bathrooms and no toilet seats. No signage to help find the place either.

Our stay here was fantastic. Giovanni has an amazing insight into Naples, and lets you know all the best spots. He really loves his city and is only too happy to help. Thank you Giovanni for the amazing stay (and delish food!) You made our stay!

• 19th Jul 2015

I will be about the hundredth person to write a review of this nature, but I do not believe it is possible to visit Giovanni's Home and not enjoy your stay. The hostel itself is clean, comfortable, offers a kitchen, plenty of showers, a common area, and all the necessities you need for your stay. Giovanni takes it from being an excellent hostel to an experience you will never forget. His kindness and his love of Naples is infectious. Your stay in Naples is guaranteed to be special.

The most amazing stay. Giovanni was so great, he cooked us all a fabulous meal while teaching us how to make it as well. Then he sat down with us and told us about places to go and things to see that most tourists never even know about. We got to hear about Naples history and got a map to help us find our way. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean with warm water and anything we needed was just a question away. I would recommend staying here to everyone, it was a fabulous experience.

The location was perfect: the hostel is easy to reach from the train station, close to the main bus lines and located in the heart of the city. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The international atmosphere made it esay to know new people and friends.

Great hostel - feels very safe and has an extremely friendly atmosphere. There is a large balcony which was perfect for relaxing and eating in the evening. Giovanni himself was without a doubt the best part of the hostel - an extremely friendly man who was eager to advise us on all that Naples has to offer - we particularly enjoyed his pizza recommendations!

Great Hostel with a family atmosphere including group meals cooked by the man himself. Giovanni is clearly very passionate about Napoli and that was infectious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; 2 days wasn't enough.

Giovanni has lots of great ideas for how you should spend your time in Napoli! Very, very helpful and always there when you need a hand. Also makes a great pasta!!

We had a really nice stay and some tasty pasta! Thank you :)

Giovanni was very welcoming, helpful, and fun. He made a delicious pasta lunch for us! The hostel is well-located in a charismatic building, and the cleanliness of the bedrooms/bathrooms are okay. One thing surprised me: there were no lockers to keep valuables. I definitely recommend this hostel and Naples, and will hopefully return!

I had a very enjoyable stay here though not long enough. Giovanni is a wonderful host with a passion for the city. He gave great advice on where to go and what to see. I will be back

Giovanni's was a great hostel for a great city. Likewise to other travellers, Giovanni gave us a hour long chat when we arrived concerning Naples, things to do in Naples, hidden treasures within the city, he also showed us what to do in surrounding areas (Amalfi Coast / Pompeii / Capri etc.). WiFi was good (didn't reach my room) Clean place. Comfy bunkbeds. Nice kitchen. Nice toilet facilities. *You do need to walk up three flights of big stairs to get to his floor though.*

Giovanni! You're an absolute legend and you made me feel so at home. I couldn't thank you enough

It was a good choice staying at Giovanni's Home. He is really helpful and worried. He even offers pasta on your arrival! I've had problems with the bed in the first night, but he changed it as soon as I told him. I would definitely indicate this hostel.