Giramondo Hostel Reviews

Rua Girassol, 471, Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hostel. On one hand, there were a lot of mouskitos and the hostel was pretty empty, but, on the other hand, the staff were really friendly and helpful and the hostel is located near many restaurants and bars.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Israel

Not a bad hostel, but we felt a little let down by a few things while here. First is the location. It's a ~15 minute walk from the nearest subway, and while it's in a neighborhood that has some nice bars, it's pretty far from anything else and any train stations. Not great. Also, there is no breakfast. They just put out a loaf of plan bread on the table. Also be aware that there a lots of mosquitos here, we had to kill 15+ in our room. More to say here but limits review length sadly.

Loved my stay there. The place has a magic athomsphere and a very friendly staff. The decoration makes you fell in a fancy place, but it is warm at the same way. The location is great when you want to stay near the bars and the nigtclubs of Vila Madalena. The bed linen was new and the towels were not charged. Bathroon was clean and had hot water. The breakfast is simple but enough to start your day. I found Brazilian and foreign guests and met really nice people there! Much more than I expected

Great atmosphere, easy going and a peaceful place after going to the busy city... sandro was a great host, friendly and very helpful and caring. The hostel is on a great location, with good restaurant and bars... the hostel is clean and provide anything you need... recommended!

• 24th Feb 2015

I had a great stay at Giramondo's Hostel. The place is clean and cozy and the perfect base for exploring São Paulo city. Location is great - close to the main touristic spots, walking distance of many great restaurants - highly recommend Pietro and Sandro, they were friendly and hospitable. I highly recommend this place and will be back.

The experience I had in this hostel was unique. First of all the location is awesome, the best neighbourhood in Sao Paulo. They were very helpful in giving me orientation, and they also offered me a few discounts in nearby shops, like bars and restaurants. The bathroom is big enough and very clean. All the rooms have were very clean, and they have a nice kitchen and a table under the open sky! The staff did everything they could to provide all kind of assistance. They are very kind.

The best hostel on Rua Giromondo! Vila Madelena was more enjoyable because this hostel is strategically placed and also very close to most restaurants. The host was also excellent with people

Like all accommodation for the World Cup. They put their prices up. They had wonderful staff and were very attentive to any needs that you had. If you talked with the staff concerns were addressed as quickly as possible.

Lovely place to stay in a brilliant location. Made some amazing friends here during my stay.

I've had my fair share of hostels, and most were satisfactory for the purpose of my stay. But what I've found in Hostel Giramond is way beyond satisfactory. From the amazing homelike spanish feal ambiance to the fun yet courtely manner of the staff, Hostel Giramond made me feel trully on holidays. Though it's located in one of Sao Paulo's busiest neighborhoods, while at the hostel, I felt as if the city was 100 miles away. I am most definitely coming back.

Staff very friendly and wanted to help.New hostel very clean dorms and bathrooms.Very well situated. However door to dorms open directly onto open air entrance corridor. Staff and their friends talked very loud in corridor till 3.30 so didnt sleep much. Breakfast area far too small for size of hostel, breafast was piece of toast, so not great value for money.But they are trying hard so maybe will improve. Very nicely decorated and comfy beds.

Hello. We'd like to begin this reply featuring with the enormous importance of your comment, once that you have been one of our firts guests during the openning time of our hostel. As mentioned, we were very young then, testing our competences and efforts. The silece issue, for example, is onde we have to explain very often, once that in a very lifelike enviroment. The breakfeast is another thing, not included in the daily rate, but a minor treat offered by us. The dinning area is not large, but counts with a kitchen and an outdoor (covered) area, with a large dinning table that easily comports up to 10 people. Once again, we thank you for the comment and hope to see you soon, to tell us if your complaints were solved, we've been working a lot to do so.

Very good hostel, brand new, everything in order. It was a great stay!

• 25th Aug 2012

Thanks a lot. We hope to see you here in your next trip to SP.