Giramundo Hostel Reviews

Ramon Muntaner 55, Ibiza, Spain

The staff was absolutely warm and welcoming. The view is perfect and is close to the bus stops.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Mexico

had an amazing time at this hostel! partied everyday. staff were amazing. Vicky was sweet! enjoyed sitting outside everyday.so close to beach as well

I had an fantastic time at hostel giramundos, the staff were amazing such joyful and full of good vibes.. Friendly and helpful! Made such a great group with most guests, so much fun in the place a great atmosphere! Totally will be back to Ibiza and for sure I'll stay again at the hostel!

Super social! The "lights out" at 12 thing is kind of annoying forcing you to go to bed or go to a bar even if your just relaxing and chatting... The location was awesome and the pub crawl was really fun. We booked through hostel world the they confirmed a reservation that was not actually available at the time and we weren't notified until we arrived so we were forced to pay an extra 5€ each per night in order for the 3 of us girls to stay in a room together.

Great hostel, I read a lot of complaints about the bathrooms but I had no issues with it. In the four person dorm we even had a private shower. Breakfast was nice too! Would definitely recommend it.

We just used the place for a one night stop off because our flight came in after midnight and we couldn't get into our apartment. It served a purpose, someone was available to let us in, the room was basic but clean, the staff were very friendly and as a bonus there was a croissant and coffee breakfast included. They also have lockers where you can leave bags for a small fee if you need to. I think it would have been free if we were staying there that night.

• 26th Sep 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my second stay here! Inexpensive, right next to the beach (Figueretes), and vibrant atmosphere make it hard to beat. There's a kitchen to cook and a fridge to store your food. There's an ATM, supermarket, and bars/restaurants literally right next door and across the street. There's an outside common area where everyone hangs out. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Victoria and Esteban.

hostel is pretty good location isn't too far from things but isn't too close either. no air conditioning is probably the worst thing about the hostel. most staff are nice and friendly, only 1 that was pretty rude. otherwise overall a really good hostel.

This hostel was really clean, great location and friendly staff. But also extremely honest and helpful. My friend left something very valuable on one of the tables out the front and they were extremely helpful in posting it back to us to make sure it arrived safely. The staff were very lovely and helpful throughout our stay and the hostel was really cool, close to lots of shops and restaurants and right by the beach. Totally recommend staying here to anyone 😀

This is probably the dream of any soul travelling alone! Everybody there is very friendly and open. Is has never been that easy to meet awesome people and to make new friends. The atmosphere is fantastic and it's very cosy. The people on the reception can help you with whatever you need and the speak English fluently. And they definitely do have a good taste in music. The hostel itself is decorated in a very creative and lovely way. It's located pretty good to... It's definitely worth it! :)

• 22nd Sep 2015

Amazing. Victoria is a babe 💃🏼

I don't often write reviews for hostels but had to for this one as it was easily one of the best I've stayed in. Nice atmosphere and wonderful, friendly staff. If I'm ever back in Ibiza I will totally stay again.

• 18th Sep 2015

This was a great hostel for the trip that my friend and I had booked. Brilliant location, comfortable beds, the staff are so incredibly friendly, funny and helpful on all things we wanted to know about. We were lucky we were meeting up with friends most nights but noticed that the hostel didn't have too much of a social vibe to it (could have just been the weekend we were there) so maybe for solo travelers not the best option. All in all, a great experience, I would absolutely stay there again.

Extremely nice and helpful staff. The rooms are clean and nice looking. Location is not the best but beach is a short walk away and that's great. I definitely recommend this hostel.

I canceled my stay at Giramundo after two nights because it was unbearable. The shower water pressure was non-existent and the shower drain had backed up so there was about 1/2 foot of standing sewage water. Rooms were small and had mold on the ceiling. I would recommend spending a few more Euros at a hotel instead (which I ended up doing).

I was extremely disappointed with my stay here, although I had no alternatives, as everywhere else on Ibiza was booked. The staff was friendly, but the rooms are dark and dirty. The wall paper/paint was coming off, there was only one light and one small window in our room, and only one bathroom on our floor of ~25 people. The shower on our floor did not work (only leaked scalding hot water) so we had to go upstairs to a different floor to use the shower. Also, very expensive. Book elsewhere.

Giramundo was a great hostel to stay at. Met great people from all over the world and the staff was very cool and helpful in recommending things to do. Highly recommend it to any budget travelers that are looking to have a good time. Is also just a very short walk to beach which was nice.

• 5th Sep 2015

Not the closest to the clubs, but not too far either. Possible to walk along the water to Bora Bora in about 45 minutes. Bathrooms were always dirty, and there was only one shower on our floor. Lockers, and terraces for each room were a nice touch. A few tapas places, cafés and pubs within seconds of the hostel. It's a bed, a locker and a bathroom, and it's cheap, what more do you need? No Air con but they have fans.

The shower had little pressure which was difficult at times. The only thing I would really say was that it was extremely hot in the rooms without A/C especially in the bottom bunk. Overall my stay was fine and I would recommend to budget travelers. I enjoyed the outside appearance of the hostel as well!

A good place in a very good area if you are staying solo in Ibiza. Good place to meet other travelers. Average facilities so do not expect much. Definitely recommended.