Girassol Hostel Reviews

Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena., Sao Paulo, Brazil

I had blast during my stay in Girassol Hostel. Mostly it was due to the amazing staff. I felt like I was home and I will definitely go back before I leave.

• 11th Jun 2014

Great staff, super helpful, great location, really fun. Not heaps of people but everyone who comes has a great time, brazilian BBQ is great so is free spaghetti thursday. Dorms are a little cramped but the staff always out to help

I really enjoyed my stay! The location is very good, Vila Madalena is a pretty and interesting neighbourhood with lots of artists and a great nightlife and right across the street is a supermarket. The hostel is in an old house, with a roofdeck and an nice open kitchen, the dorms are a bit tiny but clean. But the best thing about the hostel is definitely the staff! Very welcoming, generous, open and warm. Made me really feel home and beeing welcome. Great atmosphere! I can only recommend it!!

• 5th Jun 2014

We didn't take some of the reviews that said the place was cramped too seriously, but it's true. To move from the door of the room to the other side of the room, you'd have a hard time wheeling a small roller bag. That should give you an idea of how tight it is. It was too much for me personally. The people there where welcoming and nice though and the neighborhood is great.

Great area, great staff, great atmosphere

• 31st May 2014

Great homey feeling! Its a bit norrow inside, but the family spirit is great! And the lacation is perfect too: across is a supermarket and its in the middle of Vila Madalena. The neighbourhood.

• 30th May 2014

Small, but very nice hostel. Staff was great, and the atmosphere as well. A good time spent in Sao Paulo. I recommend

The staff are incredible! Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh coffee and cake and asked to have a chat. The rooms were clean and very comfy, bathrooms pristine. The staff knew the best places to eat and directions to metro and everything. We will definitely return!! Loved it here!

• 27th May 2014

This hostel is really all about the staff. If not for the staff it would not have been good at all. Great breakfast, good kitchen. Its a really small hostel and the 8bed dorm is so cramped. It should have been a 6bed. Also the downstairs toilet was rented out as "private" during our stay which caused lines (12ppl/1 toilet). They shouldnt give that option since it causes wait for so many others. After all: EXCELLENT STAFF!!!! Would recommend just because of the ppl working there

Atmosphere was excellent. Good location, nice and friendly staff. they made a BBQ for us!! But we had just one bathroom for 10 people.

Even when the hostel itself is very small, the stuff is soo amazing that this little disadvantage doesen´t matter anymore. We had a great stay at this place, Lucas, Gonza and and Pachi helped us out with everything and made us feel like surrounded by good friends. The location also is very good, just in front of a cheap supermarket and in the middle of beautifull Vila Madalena, there are plenty of possibilities to have fun! Nice place :)

In 10 months travelling the length of LA and staying in all sorts of places, this was without doubt the friendliest and most accommodating hostel we have had the pleasure of staying in. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and attentive, suggesting lots of things to do in São Paolo (there are lots!), and constantly looked after our needs. They were always baking delicious cakes and bread for breakfast, and although we missed the free pasta, their pizza was awesome! Gracias chicos!

Thank you so much for making the birthday cake for my friend, and driving us to the airport!

• 3rd May 2014
  • South Africa

The staff were really helpful, even phoning the bus company for me to book some tickets I needed. Free pasta on the Thursday was a nice bonus too. Location was perfect as right in the middle of villa madelena.

• 1st May 2014

Quite a small dorm, not much room for beds and bags in fact compact hostel altogether but helpful staff and nice roof terrace.

Definitely this was the best hostel I'd stayed during my travels. Very friendly and competent staff, great location, very clean facilities, well equipped kitchen, including cake at breakfast and a delicious spaghetti (FREE!) made by manager Lucas. It has a nice deck on the top floor, which provides more comfort and privacy for guests. Very cozy, and I will come back, for sure!

• 25th Apr 2014

The hostel is close to the subway and in a really nice area in Sao Paulo. Close to bars

The rooms are small but the location is the best. Across the street from the supermarket and in the middle of Vila Madalena, 5-10 minute walk to the metro station, and very friendly and helpful staff. There were only 2 bathrooms but it was never a problem- I rarely had to wait to use one and I came during a very busy weekend. I highly recommend staying here on your trip to Sao Paulo!

• 4th Apr 2014

Great staff, very welcoming! Great location, felt very safe and right next to a supermarket! They offered lots of activities which helped us to meet other people in the hostel such as their amazing homemade pasta night, BBQs and popcorn! breakfast was great and Lucas was extremely helpful and offered lots of advice on what to do. Would definitely stay again!

I just stayed one night at this hostel, but I really liked it. The hostel is small, but i think that's the thing that makes it special, because it doesn't feel like you are on a hostel, it feels like you are at home. Also, the staff is really friendly and always trying to help, they were very kind with me. Even though I just stayed one night, they invited me to come every thursday to get some free spaghetti. The localization is perfect and the room was clean and comfortable.