Girassol Hostel Reviews

Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena., Sao Paulo, Brazil

very dirty

Our room was small - no window - but amazing black light, glow paint & stars. The bathroom was gross and didn't seem to be ever cleaned in the 2 days we were there, so got worse. They charged us for a towel. I protested citing this site, and the staff showed me another part of site saying they charge. Not cool. Breakfast was bread and butter and coffee, not even abundant coffee. Great place if you wanna meet folks - but conversations go late & that made it really noisy, even after midnight.

Having booked online a few days in advance, we arrived to about half an hour of confusion and being made to feel unwelcome. Finally someone spoke to us to say that there was no room for us. We could take one bed in one tiny dorm of eight, and then the other had to sleep on a mattress on the floor of another tiny dorm of six. There was no room so when the men in that room got up they has to climb on the mattress to leave. (We were offered a bed on the roof too)

• 12th Aug 2015

The staff is awesome. They will maybe have to focus on the cleanliness of the toilets and the room of 8 is a bit caotic. The room of 4 is fantastic.

It's budget accomodation and you get what you pay for... If you want to save a few bucks it's perfectly adequate.

It's a great hostel, the guests are always interacting and you can make plenty of friends. The bathrooms and rooms are quite dirty, but for that price that's what you get.

Very good atmosphere, definately would stay again.

You get what you pay for! Very cheap for great location but it is filthy!! Beds sheets were gross, bunks were old, bathroom disgusting! No lockers in our dorm room. Very cramped and hot :(

Upon walking in to the Hostel I couldn't tell who was in charge. Infact the entire 4 days I was there I was guessing who was working there. The workers were nice though. there is nodinner table or chairs just one old couch and breakfast is extremely simple. Bathroom was disgusting. one toilet for 12 people and couldnt flush. i hated using the restroom here the floor was always wet and this place seemed completely unsannitary. but 25 reais a night is worth it i guess.

staff very nice and helpful but we don't like so much the bed, very inconfortable. I'm pretty sure the manager is going to change it for the next travelers. The common are very small.

Breakfast included was bread and butter. The 8 bed dorm was so small, you couldn't move around.

• 10th Mar 2015

It is very small so you dont have anywhere to stay as a comun room for everyone its cheap so you can expect what you pay dont think that is 5 stars The staff is ok but one of the brazilean girls is very mean and doestn speak another language it is well located close to many bares in a good area and the supermarket is on front

Staff didn't seem to sure what was going on. hostel was tiny and dark with very few, tiny, windows. social are was so small it felt hard to meet people. The space between the beds was so small only one person could walk between them at a time.

• 17th Feb 2015

The staff is really nice. The private room does not have any windows.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in by a long Way, checked out after 1 night, no window in room and very cramped in room and shared spaces. When it rains the hostel floods, ridiculously overpriced

• 22nd Dec 2014

Good location and a very safe area, friendly helpful staff!

I like this place is really just a shame that it is so small and feels really cramped, and bathroom facilities are a little inadequate.

Looking for claustrophobic dormitories with dirty bed sheets? Breakfast consisting of 1 cookie? Unexperienced staff composed of ever-changing voluntaries with no tourism experience whatsoever? Then this is your place. The staff here has no idea how to interact with customers; they treat you as if you were a guest at their home. When I told my bedsheet was dirty they forgot to change it. The last day we had to move to a more crowded dormitory despite our reservation. We changed hostels. Avoid

This hostel has the smallest rooms of any hostel I have stayed in plus no windows in some of the rooms. The linen was dirty. The hostel is dirty, especially the kitchen area which is cramped and no very limited equipment plus no work surface to prepare food. There is nowhere to eat apart from one sofa in the kitchen and a couple of benches outside.

Great staff and location! The people that come through this hostel are great people and I had a lot of great times staying here in Sao Paulo!

• 4th Nov 2014