6.2
Good 280 Total Reviews
6.2
Good 280 Total Reviews
Girassol Hostel Located at Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena., , Sao Paulo.
Brazil
Sao Paulo Sao Paulo 05435030 Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena.
62% 280
-23.5533854 -46.6901779
    Rooms available

• USA, Couple, 18-24
21st Apr 2016
5.1

Not quite what we expected. The staff was acomodating but it was very dirty, breakfast wasn't great and the staff passed out drunk at night. Good location though, close to a store and great restaurants

• charlottehundahl
  • Denmark, Couple, 18-24
12th Mar 2016
2.0

Don't go there! Fresh breakfast - no! whitebread and butter.. Overall expenrience was bad. Dirty room, beds and the toilet and bath were not clean..

• Australia, Male, 18-24
21st Feb 2016
2.0

The site says 24hr service. We caught a bus from Paraty to São Paulo and due to flooding it got delayed by 4 hours. Forcing us to arrive at the hostel after midnight. There was zero staff to meet us and after ringing constantly on whatsapp to let us in the owner then tried to say we were a "no show" and our beds were filled. After trying to get the deposit back he said we couldn't have it and we left disgusted and appalled with no bed and no sleep. Disgraceful and not at all understanding.

• Paraguay, Male, 18-24
20th Feb 2016

An amazing location, a little small but that way also you are in touch with the other hosts... I had a good time.

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
13th Feb 2016
4.0

Very bad experience. The worse hostel I've ever been. My reserved room was not available for the first nigh. I had to sleep in another building on a 2 sq meters room completely dirty and bad smell. After that I moved to my room on the hostel, with an horrible smell, no windows... During all night no staff people at the hostel. A lot of noise till 4am, music, an no one to complaint about. Only the hosts were at the hostel during all night long. An horrible experience I had these days.

• England, Couple, 18-24
21st Jan 2016

The staff were excellent and the hostel is located near lots of nice restaurants and bars ! Really close to the metro as well which is great for getting round São Paulo!

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2016

Truly amazing, like a little family :) the best welcome to South America

• USA, Male, 18-24
13th Jan 2016
3.4

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The breakfast was bread, crackers, and butter. The dorms for 8 only had 4 lockers so I could not lock my things. The beds were old and too close together. The room should of held 6 at most, not 8. Dirty bathroom, dirty lobby.

11th Dec 2015
6.0

Though the staff was really friendly, and the location in a great area, I was disapointed with what I got for that price.I had a single room, which was basically a partitioned section of the open area, a closet, it is like you are sleeping in the kitchen.I did have a window but there were no curtains.They did not clean while I was there, only at the start. The others sharing my flat (we were across the road, not at hostel) did not have windows and weren't happy, atmosphere bad as a result.Shame!

• Ireland, All Male Group, 18-24
9th Dec 2015
2.6

The worst accommodation I have ever stayed in.