Girassol Hostel Reviews

Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena., Sao Paulo, Brazil

The hostel is really cramped like the reviews said, I didn't care about it when I booked, the staff were helpful and kind, the showers are very good and warm, didn't have the chance to use the internet and breakfast. It's a well located hostel to the neighborhood bars and metro station.

Wonderful hostel. It's like a small house, very friendly, in the center of Vila Madalena, there are nice places to hang and the staff is awesome.

• 9th Sep 2014

Very good hostel, the people that work here are great and have a nice deck with a good view of Vila Madalena.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Girassol Hostel will be a supernice hostel soon. The staff is already excellent, especially Lucas is a friendly and sympathetic manager. When we were there though the hostel was still under construction, which means it was impossible to get a nap within the day because of the noise. The dorms were totally fine, but the tiny private room had no windows and the closets were full of stuff. I would not recommend staying in this room.

The location (Vila Madalena) is nice and there is some street art close. The staff is also nice. The 'breakfast' is nearly eggs only.

The location was great and staff really friendly. However, the place is very cramped. We had a double room which felt like it had been converted from a cupboard. The common area was small and kitchen sink overflowing with dirty dishes.

Girassol Hostel is located in the alternative area of Villa Madelena which is easy accessible (metro station 10mins away) and seemed safe to me. The hostel is small so that the atmosphere is family-like. Our private room had one double bed and closet in it. The staff is friendly, helpful and speaks good English. On top of the very good Wifi there are two computers you can freely use. In the morning you can help yourself to a breakfast with toast, jam and eggs. Overall, I def. recommend it.

As other comments have mentioned, only positive about this place is the staff. Came here on lasagna night because the amazing hostel I was staying at nearby (Cafe hostel) was full. And what a way to highlight Cafe hostel. Stayed in a 12 bed dorm here too, and it was TINY, no room for large packs. There were no ladders to the top of the bunk bed, which meant I had to channel my inner long jumper when getting to my top bunk. Imagine how fun that was when you had to pee in the middle of the night.

The staff is great and extremely helpfull. The location is also one of the best points too, very close to the heart of vila madalena. The atmosphere is a mix of a partying and a family one. Maybe the worst thing are the facilities, and the hostel should focus on improving it.

Great atmosphere. Great people who work there. Great location!

I can't express by words how much i like this hostel. The manager Lucas was amazing. I am not sure one of the guy name but he just started the day I arrived there which was on the 17th July 2014. Both of them were so helpful. I wish I could stay longer at the hostel but too bad I got to fly off the next day. It changes my view of Sao Paolo. I don't like Sao Paolo at all when I first arrived there but after staying in Girassol Hostel I actually like it there.

Objectively this was probably the worst hostel I have ever stayed in despite a great location. It is a small house not a hostel also there is random crap everywhere. I am a small person who never feels cramped on planes but in the dorm I literally could not move. You have to sleep with your bag on your bed. The breakfast was very average. And although the staff are really nice i have the impression they mostly stand around and chill out with guests rather than do much work.

Super staff, friendly helpful and one of the best churasco bbq's going around. Soccer on Thursdays too, really fun!

Really terrible experience. I would never stay there again.

I had a great time here even when sharing a room with 7 boys as it was during the World Cup lol. Staff very friendly and helpful. Paid a little more than I feel it's worth but that was only because it was the World Cup. Great vibe.

Ok, but more space needed - everywhere; rooms, common area, kitchen. Smoking near the reception would have been normal in the last century - now the world has progressed... Having said this, some guests said it was the best hostel they had stayed in... My grade would be 65.

This is a true backpacker place. The staff is very friendly and helpful, it is a great place to meet people and hang out with them. If you like it quiet and peacful, this is not the right place.

Very nice stay! Food for free during World Cup games (they cooked us hot dog, feijoada, popcorn and BBQ !!). There is a nice urban terrace full of beautiful grafitti! Staff and location are great and there is a supermarket across the street. Short walk to the subway st and 3 minutes walk to the Vila Madalena Fun Fest!

When we arrived at like 3am we had to sort some travel stuff out. We sat downstairs and there were locals who were utterly rude. Saying in Portuguese that he didn't accept the fact that 'gringos' didn't learn Portugese and tourist should adapt etc. You're in a hostel with guests from around the world, everyone communicates with each other via Spanish or English. I speak 5 languages but felt very offended by the way he spoke -thought he was a friend of staff not sure. Just wanted to let you know

Fell in love with this place and didn't want to leave. Can't wait to come back here in the future. -Australian guy who loved fried frango

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6