Glacier House Reviews

535 Glacier Avenue, Fairbanks, Alaska, Fairbanks, USA

Average, not bad as not so good as well

Homely and very welcoming hostel. Friendly hosts. Too bad I couldn't see any northern lights while I was there but had a good time overall.

Very friendly place. Met some great people here during my stay. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and I wasn't looking for much else. Didn't look or smell great, but neither does my grandma's house. Would certainly stay here again rather than pay $125+ for a hotel.

• 5th Jul 2013

best place in Alaska

A good hostel with hosts that are always available to help plan your day and give you information about where to go in town or out including where to see the northern lights.

• 25th Mar 2013

friendly staff, Gayellen picked me up at the airport and showed me around the area. The hostel itself was a basement, the whole place smelled like morning breath, the pillow stunk and was flat, the bathroom was dirty and it was a good 15 mintue walk to the grocery store,restaurants or anything interresting. I only stayed one night.

It is a wonderful place to hang out, quite, big yard, clean and good rocation. Good for a group

• 31st Jul 2012
  • South Korea

Staff was a bit chaotic but very friendly. The two bedrooms, kitchen and commen room are more or less in the basement, but they get enough light and fresh air, so that's not really a problem. Sheets were clean, beds were ok too. The bathroom is very outdated and a new toilet seat every now and then should not be too much to ask. It was ok for one night, but I would not recommend it for an extended stay.

• 28th Jul 2012

This hostel is in the basement of a regular house in a residential area. It's grim, damp and not a place where you'd want to spend anymore time than strictly necessary. We cut our stay short as we couldn't face staying more than one night in the place.

the hostel is half underground so you feel like in a cellar. it's pretty grimy and dirty and the people there were really strange. and so was the neighbourhood..

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel the location of this hostel cannot be beat due to its close proximity to the airport the staff was very friendly and accommodating as were the other guests that stayed during the night I received a lot of information from Jim and enjoyed my stay very much.

Nice woman who owns the place, very very small hostel. I felt welcome enough but it was so dirty. Apparently the carpets are due to be replaced. I could tell that from the moment I stepped down the stairs into the basement "bunker" style room. It would be good if you are a middle aged man wanted to live there for the Winter. I would NOT recommend it to women. The bathroom is shared between 8 people. Beds are comfy though.

Kommentar erfolgt in Deutsch; - Die Besitzer des Hostels waren sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit. - Das Hostel liegt in einem Wohngebiet am Rand von Fairbanks. Das Hostel selbst liegt in einem umgebauten Keller. - Die Einweisung und der Preis für die Übernachtug waren in Ordnung.Großer Kritikpunkt, die Sauberkeit. Der Boden der Schlafzimmer und des Wohnzimmers sahen aus, als wäre dort schon länger nicht mehr gereinigt, davon zeugte auch der Geruch.

The best hostel in all my life, the hostess Miss G. Ellen made the best reception for all her clients. I fell like i was in home. Thank you for the good moments guys. Good luck.