Glebe Village Backpackers Reviews

254-258 Glebe Point Road, Glebe 2037, Sydney, Australia

I loved the atmosphere and the staff!

• 28th Mar 2014

We booked a 6 bed dorm and it was actually OK. But we had not a lot space for our backpacks and the room was really messy. Thats probably not the fault of the Hotel but we felt not really relaxed in the room after a busy day in Sydney. The outside area was Ovely and the staff really helpful. I Like the area around the hostel.

Nice quiet hostel in a quiet location, most people staying were working so the hostel was quiet at night and you are able to sleep. There was a free BBQ on Friday night and free breakfast (toast and cereal) in the mornings, with pancakes on a Sunday. The building was quite old, so appeared dirtier than it actually was, that didn't bother me but it was annoying having a 10 bed dorm with an en suite, better when toilet and showers are separate. No free internet and bed was very wobbly.

Positive: The hostel is outside the city center in a nice and quiet neighbourhood. The public transport to the city center is really good. They have lots of staff to offer: free breakfast, ... Negative: Some of the rooms don't have lockers. The rooms are quite messy; everyone left his/her staff all around the floor; you could hardly walk anywhere without stepping on someones clothes.

Really enjoyed the hostel! Great location lots of shops and restaurants on the street. The room was nice but a bit muggy. No free wifi which was a bummer had to pay 10$ for 2 days use but still an awesome price for sydney ;)

First night I got a lovely and free dinner offered by the hostel, it was great! They were also offering free breakfast! Security was a let down, the door of our dorm was always left open and the room full of strangers, noisy and drunk individuals.

This was probably the messiest dorm that I have ever stayed in, the mattress was brown and the sheets were threads. A big group of rowdy people came in at 4am and woke me up for an hour. Apart from this disruption though, I actually slept okay and it is very cheap for Sydney accommodation. The staff were friendly and the facilities aren't bad so this place may suit some people.

Great hostel with great atmosphere! The staff is very friendly and the place is very clean. Breakfast in the morning. The only problem is you must oay for internet

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Bathrooms were dirty and in need of upgrades, bedrooms could be cleaner, mattress was dirty. Great location outside the CBD and a good atmosphere

Note that they dont garantee same room for group. We were 4 and only 2 people use same room, other 2 people staying seperate room with unknown people. Bed was not that clean and so week.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

I was very happy with my stay here although do keep in mind that there are a lot of long term residents and there are some problems associated with that such as crowded fridges etc. There is a 10pm curfew for the outside areas due to council regulations, this may be good for some people but not for others. The hostel would do well to improve their standard of cleanliness as my mattress was a little dirty. Overall this hostel is a beautiful location and is EXCELLENT value. I would stay again.

A good place for long stayers, unfortunatly no many travelers around. They offer a nice BBQ!

The hostel's location is pretty good - it is a 20 minute walk to the city centre and to coles. The outside area is nice as well and the rooms have a good size. Breakfast is for free and definitely recommendable. Improvable is the cleanness: I have seen cockroaches more than a few times. Also there are not enough plates in the kitchen and the hostels internet is not available in the rooms - you have to sit in the kitchen, outside area or the reception.

• 29th Dec 2013

Wicked hostel, good place to meet people and an easy tram or bus to the centre

• 28th Dec 2013

The glebe village hostel is very cosy, clean and has a great atmosphere. I would stay there again! But it is a little far from the city center, the bus drives right infront of the hostel but is not really cheap..

The night shift manager is possibly the worst human I've ever met, no people skills whatsoever.

I love this place! I ended up staying there for a long time. Staff is great and the garden makes it easier to get to know other people. I've got many good friends from there and I'm planning on staying there for a long time.

the hostel is located in a quite area and has an amasing garden where to meet people living or traveling in sydney, is a very nice place where to stay if your idea is to settle down in the city, it take 30mins walking to reach the city centre but there are buses as well.. the breakfast is included and the kitchen is big and not too crowed..perfect place!