Glebe Village Backpackers Reviews

254-258 Glebe Point Road, Glebe 2037, Sydney, Australia

i really enoyed my time at this hostel, The reception staff were always really friendly and helpful. There were a lot of long stayers at this hostel, but they were not cliquey at all, they all made me feel really welcome and were always very friendly! I only stayed a week and was sad to leave!! It's not the most clean place, but it makes up for it in atmosphere and location. Wednesday there is a free bbq, there was soo much food that i couldn't eat it all!!! great!

• 18th Aug 2014

Very messy in the rooms and kitchen, no free wifi, had to make my own bed and strip it at the end of my stay (did not expect to have to do this...what am I actually paying the staff to do!?) No lockers, very basic brekkie. Nice staff but wouldn't recommend. Too expensive for what you get.

Categorically one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. Hygiene level was a disgrace. Beds creaked like there was no tomorrow. Linen was stained and staff not terribly apologetic when we asked for new sheets. Glebe is a great part of Sydney, this hostel benefits from being located in Glebe. Aside from that. it is a total dive in need of a desperate upgrade of ALL facilities - beds, showers, wifis, common areas, kitchen, eating areas.

Kitchen was quite messy the entire time I was there.. No glassware to drink out of. There were bugs found in my roommates bed, she moved rooms, but I was never offered to move rooms, and they spent the entire day disinfecting the room - with my sheets still on the bed, and spraying morteine everywhere, whilst being in the room and thereafter. Maybe if disinfecting a room - don't let guests stay in there for at least one night. Other than that, the showers were clean, and I met some cool people

• 22nd Apr 2014

I loved the atmosphere and the staff!

• 28th Mar 2014