Glebe Village Backpackers Reviews

254-258 Glebe Point Road, Glebe 2037, Sydney, Australia

Very messy in the rooms and kitchen, no free wifi, had to make my own bed and strip it at the end of my stay (did not expect to have to do this...what am I actually paying the staff to do!?) No lockers, very basic brekkie. Nice staff but wouldn't recommend. Too expensive for what you get.

Categorically one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. Hygiene level was a disgrace. Beds creaked like there was no tomorrow. Linen was stained and staff not terribly apologetic when we asked for new sheets. Glebe is a great part of Sydney, this hostel benefits from being located in Glebe. Aside from that. it is a total dive in need of a desperate upgrade of ALL facilities - beds, showers, wifis, common areas, kitchen, eating areas.

Kitchen was quite messy the entire time I was there.. No glassware to drink out of. There were bugs found in my roommates bed, she moved rooms, but I was never offered to move rooms, and they spent the entire day disinfecting the room - with my sheets still on the bed, and spraying morteine everywhere, whilst being in the room and thereafter. Maybe if disinfecting a room - don't let guests stay in there for at least one night. Other than that, the showers were clean, and I met some cool people

• 22nd Apr 2014

I loved the atmosphere and the staff!

• 28th Mar 2014

We booked a 6 bed dorm and it was actually OK. But we had not a lot space for our backpacks and the room was really messy. Thats probably not the fault of the Hotel but we felt not really relaxed in the room after a busy day in Sydney. The outside area was Ovely and the staff really helpful. I Like the area around the hostel.

Nice quiet hostel in a quiet location, most people staying were working so the hostel was quiet at night and you are able to sleep. There was a free BBQ on Friday night and free breakfast (toast and cereal) in the mornings, with pancakes on a Sunday. The building was quite old, so appeared dirtier than it actually was, that didn't bother me but it was annoying having a 10 bed dorm with an en suite, better when toilet and showers are separate. No free internet and bed was very wobbly.

Positive: The hostel is outside the city center in a nice and quiet neighbourhood. The public transport to the city center is really good. They have lots of staff to offer: free breakfast, ... Negative: Some of the rooms don't have lockers. The rooms are quite messy; everyone left his/her staff all around the floor; you could hardly walk anywhere without stepping on someones clothes.

Really enjoyed the hostel! Great location lots of shops and restaurants on the street. The room was nice but a bit muggy. No free wifi which was a bummer had to pay 10$ for 2 days use but still an awesome price for sydney ;)

First night I got a lovely and free dinner offered by the hostel, it was great! They were also offering free breakfast! Security was a let down, the door of our dorm was always left open and the room full of strangers, noisy and drunk individuals.