Glen Nevis Youth Hostel Reviews

Fort William, Glen Nevis, Fort William, Scotland

Price is a bit high for the value they provide. It's such a nice hostel and standard is good for young adventurers but the price is a bit too high.

basic accommodation but has all the facilities that you would need

• 2nd Jul 2014

great location for walking ben nevis but nothing to do in the hostel no tv available whilst the world cup was on no games room like the Snowdon yha has and the atmosphere would have been better in a morgue and the bins outside were overflowing with rubbish strewn over the floor .we stayed in a room of 13 beds with only 2 plug points

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

After a 8 hour drive, 6 of us arrived to find that they weren't expecting us

• 20th Jun 2014

A very nice hostel, good location for climbing the Ben, great facilities and friendly staff. I did think the lack of plugs in the rooms was a pain and that wifi should have been included in the stay. Could do with more of a social hub, but overall it provided me with everything I needed. Just remember that you may not get signal on your phone!

• 21st May 2014

My friend and I loved it here! No wifi but that was fine with us. We did lots of hiking and the kitchen is huge! Definitely want to go back.

Overnight prices are now comparable with B and Bs and chain hotels like Premier Inn and Travelodge where you get private rooms and en suite facilities. This was my third stay at Glen Nevis, the previous times being in 1958 and 1989. The great advantage of youth hostels is the informality, the camaraderie and the interesting people you meet - it is this that retains my loyalty.

• 12th May 2014

Great service from ass manager removing tick

• 11th May 2014
  • Scotland

Great location for climbing the ben. Close to Fort William town. Not much more to say, perfect for what we wanted. Facilities are excellent and kept very clean. Only negative is no plug sockets in the room we stayed in, had to use the lounge.

• 18th Apr 2014

Good kitchen and decent sized rooms. Perfect for a group of friends looking to ski in Ben Nevis. We were unlucky because the weather was bad and Nevis range shut but staff were very friendly and helped us transfer our booking to another SYHA hostel in Braemar so we could ski in Glenshee instead. On another note there is no free wifi. You have to pay 1pound for every 20mins which I personally think is extortionate

View all Fort William Hostels