Glencoe Youth Hostel Reviews

Glencoe, Ballachulish, Glencoe, Scotland

Lovely location. Pity the kitchen closed at 10 am, makes it difficult for a 3 day stay, especially if you want to catch up with a bit of cooking. The staff were very interested in the young travellers, we were invisible and we're not that old! The price of a double ended up £79 incl charges with Hostel World. Glencoe answered that there were 3 beds in the room after we said that we would share & that was that. The hostel wasn't full. We went to Kintail Hostel for next 3 days which was magic.

Love the storage under the bed, and the beautiful location of course. Staff was super friendly, they also had a good kitchen. A few things though, as I read in a previous review, I will confirm my room did have quite a bit of mold behind the beds. I did feel a little awkward being a young person alone as this hostel consists mainly of adults. Didn't have a lot of information in the ways of hikes or tours to take or anything, which was a tad disappointing. Good if ur just looking for a bed

Glencoe is beautiful and the area around the hostel is gorgeous. The walk to town is about two miles but a nice walk on a path. I'm sure the profiles says it but it was really annoying that breakfast was extra, tea and coffee were extra and wifi was extra. The showers and bathrooms are nice- though the handle fell apart when I tried to turn it on. You have to put your own sheets on and take them off but hey, it's a hostel. Biggest issue: mold on the walls by the beds! Tons of it. Staff was nice.

Gorgeous hostel in a stunning location. Everywhere was spotless, great kitchen facilities and comfy bed. A very cosy and friendly place to arrive after a day up in the hills. Really hope to come back again. Thank you for a great stay