Glencoe Youth Hostel Reviews

Ballachulish, Glencoe, Scotland

I appreciate that I/we turned up fairly late to the accommodation. A couple of guests let us into the foyer, however there was no one from the Hostel present, no contact numbers etc with which to locate anyone, no note advising us of which room to stay in. We asked the guest who were present to check the rooms, all beds had been taken, thus it would appear that the hostel resold our pre-booked beds We had nowhere to go, no chance of finding alternative accommodation and no means of getting food

• 24th May 2014
  • Scotland

Very comfortable and clean hostel with comfy beds in modern bedrooms and very friendly staff. Didn't use the kitchen but looked well equipped. My only real complaint was that there was only one plus socket per room of eight - meaning charging anything was almost impossible. A minor point in what is otherwise a good hostel.

If you do not have a car location is bad, far away from village center. Expensive 25£ for a bed in dorm. Monopoly, because there are no other shops around,u pay over 5£ for simple continental breakfast. Only one socket in a room for 8 people! No wifii.

Very welcoming hostel, great facilities, lovely atmosphere. Only thing was I wasn't sure that I had arrived in the right place as the sign outside doesn't specifically say 'Glencoe Youth Hostel' (or if it does I didn't see it!). But apart from that minor thing, a great place to stay.

We had a great stay, thank you for your warm-hearted welcome and your helpfulness !

• 31st Mar 2014

The friendly staff made it a great place to stay for our long weekend skiing.

Really friendly staff, helping us keep our bags safe as we had car troubles and needed to leave the bags in reception for a few hours after we had checked out, very clean, surprisingly big showers and more than enough kitchen facilities

• 5th Mar 2014