Glencoe Youth Hostel Reviews

Glencoe, Ballachulish, Glencoe, Scotland

I was the only person there so had my own room, and the lady working was very pleasant. Can't really add any more ha.

Stayed with kids, staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice kitchen and common areas. Washing machine and dryer were nice. Location is beautiful. Had a nice stay. Thank you.

• 28th Sep 2015

Beautiful location, lots of great hiking in the area. Very good kitchen set-up! Needs an update of the wifi system.

I loved this hostel. The staff is very helpful and everything is in very good condition. I really appreciated the fact that there is a drying room where you can leave your clothes for a bit in case it rains! And it's for free ! The people I met there are all interested in walking and nature : the company was good ! I would definitely come back ! Be ready for a little walk of 30 min from Glencoe village though !

Lovely location. Pity the kitchen closed at 10 am, makes it difficult for a 3 day stay, especially if you want to catch up with a bit of cooking. The staff were very interested in the young travellers, we were invisible and we're not that old! The price of a double ended up £79 incl charges with Hostel World. Glencoe answered that there were 3 beds in the room after we said that we would share & that was that. The hostel wasn't full. We went to Kintail Hostel for next 3 days which was magic.

Love the storage under the bed, and the beautiful location of course. Staff was super friendly, they also had a good kitchen. A few things though, as I read in a previous review, I will confirm my room did have quite a bit of mold behind the beds. I did feel a little awkward being a young person alone as this hostel consists mainly of adults. Didn't have a lot of information in the ways of hikes or tours to take or anything, which was a tad disappointing. Good if ur just looking for a bed