Glendaloch Youth Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Monastic Settlement, Glendalough, Glendalough, Ireland

Glendalough is magic And the hostel was nice. Good location And atmosphere The only thing that I can complain was the mattress. Everything was great.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Really nice place for accomodation! Cheap, clean, 5 min by walk to national park. A lot of fresh air and birds around. Was nice night there. Recommend this place.

Location and building are lovely. Good kitchen and sitting room facilities. Charge is high for a bed in a 10 bed dorm with 1 shower.

• 12th Jul 2014

very beautiful location; friendly staff and a secure place to store my bike

The staff was very kind and helpful and welcoming indeed! In my room the Window was open and could not be closed,at least not without a key of some sort.Not a problem for me but that is why I only chose average on security. Splendid idea with the hot water boiler in the kitchen instead og an electric kettle!

if you visit wicklow national park, this is your best choice.

My experience at Glendalough Youth Hostel was wonderful. The staff were lovely and helpful. The only small downside is that the showers take an extremely long time to warm up.

The hostel provided an ideal localtion for our gaisce venture.

• 28th Jun 2014

The staff was extremely helpful. However, it is the WORST bed I've ever slept on, in a hostel. Also breakfast is not cheap (4€ continental and 8€ irish) and it has to be ordered in advance.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that the film "Hostel" is available to rent at your hostel, very reassuring.

Great place & people altogether

Great location, and especially tranquil. Couldn't ask for more.

Fantastic place to visit. I felt right at home in the Gledaloch hostel. Wifi works great but only in the reception area. But there are plugs and couches and friendly people there.

• 10th Jun 2014

We got better room for same price. Everything went smoothly, staff was very helpful and friendly.

We were excited about the location when we arrived and used the great kitchen facilities (self-catering) right away. However, we were not as impressed by many of the staff's blasé attitude toward working at reception. Breakfast is available but costs extra, and since there are few places to get food nearby we brought our own groceries.

The hostel is beautifully situated in the Wicklow Mountains, with the national park to one side and the ruins of a 6th-century monastic village to the other. It was all very safe- I left my laptop out in the open in an eight-bed dorm with no worries. The dorm was spacious and well-lit by big windows, with none of the claustrophobia you sometimes get in city hostels, and quite clean. Staff is great. The one criticism I would make is that the continental breakfast is NOT worth the 4 euro!

This is a really lovely hostel to stay in, great kitchen facilities, helpful staff, a beautiful location. This is the closest hostel/hotel to the lakes as far as I know, a minute's walk to one lake and a five minute walk to the other. We were walking some of the Wicklow Way and this is a good hostel to stay at on this. Would definitely stay here again.

Every thing was excilent most important is hostel is near by BEAUTIFULL nature side I always remember stay there

Loved the staff!!! The rooms were pristine, and the location was wonderful to experience a lovely countryside Ireland. The only downside for me was that our ensuite shower was one of those push the button while you shower showers. Bleck. All else was well.

Very nice hostel in very convenient, beautiful location.