Glendaloch Youth Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Monastic Settlement, Glendalough, Glendalough, Ireland

We enjoyed our stay in Glendalough Youth Hostel a lot!

• 9th Aug 2014

Breakfast was burned and not worth the 8 Euro per Person. Room was full of spiders. Bed must be 100 years old. The area was absolutely great for walking, running and swimming.

• 6th Aug 2014

The bedding was the worst from our stay in Ireland

nice hostel, it schould exist more in compareble quality

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very comfortable hostel. Staff very friendly and helpful! Just a thought, the drying room could be a bit bigger! Otherwise great facilities! Great to have the option of buyingt a breakfast, but nice to be able to self cater also! Location fantastic only five minutes walk to hotel! will definitely come back again! Jennifer

• 2nd Aug 2014

We spent a lovely time on our family holiday Great atmosphere Just one negative comment , the hostel could do with a little facelift

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

the water in the showers was cold but the stay was very nice

• 30th Jul 2014

I booked a single room, double bed (for two people) with it's own bath. We had been given a room with 4 single beds, so we couldn't sleep together. The towels were not included in the room and i had to rent them. There were not shampoo and soap. The Irish breakfast is very expensive

• 28th Jul 2014

Glendalough is magic And the hostel was nice. Good location And atmosphere The only thing that I can complain was the mattress. Everything was great.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Good a lot of good information and help to book the next nights in other hostels.

Really nice place for accomodation! Cheap, clean, 5 min by walk to national park. A lot of fresh air and birds around. Was nice night there. Recommend this place.

Location and building are lovely. Good kitchen and sitting room facilities. Charge is high for a bed in a 10 bed dorm with 1 shower.

• 12th Jul 2014

very beautiful location; friendly staff and a secure place to store my bike

The staff was very kind and helpful and welcoming indeed! In my room the Window was open and could not be closed,at least not without a key of some sort.Not a problem for me but that is why I only chose average on security. Splendid idea with the hot water boiler in the kitchen instead og an electric kettle!

if you visit wicklow national park, this is your best choice.

My experience at Glendalough Youth Hostel was wonderful. The staff were lovely and helpful. The only small downside is that the showers take an extremely long time to warm up.

The hostel provided an ideal localtion for our gaisce venture.

• 28th Jun 2014

The staff was extremely helpful. However, it is the WORST bed I've ever slept on, in a hostel. Also breakfast is not cheap (4€ continental and 8€ irish) and it has to be ordered in advance.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that the film "Hostel" is available to rent at your hostel, very reassuring.

Great place & people altogether