8.7
Fabulous 491 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 491 Total Reviews
Glendalough Youth Hostel (Hostelling International Located at Monastic Settlement, Glendalough, Wicklow.
Ireland
Wicklow Monastic Settlement, Glendalough
87% 491
53.0085864 -6.3185119
    Rooms available

6th Jul 2016
7.1

If you're staying in this area, you probably don't need a vibrant scene from the hostel, and you definitely won't get that. It was great for what I needed - a bed and a shower in a beautiful area close to hiking. One big complaint is that the wifi doesn't make it back to the bedrooms, which should be standard nowadays. The staff was also real medium. Not especially nice or helpful.

• England, Female, 41+
21st Jun 2016
7.7

The location was beautiful! Although it was a hostel, I was a bit disappointed with the beds. We stayed in a twin bedded room that was quite small with nowhere really to put our clothes etc. The beds in our room had seen better days! Overall though, we enjoyed our stay.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
21st Jun 2016

Very clean and comfortable and great welcome. Will definitely be back!

• auntykaykay
  • USA, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2016

Glendalough was a dream within a dream. No hostel I've stayed in compares. Under the bed cages, wonderful-kind-helpful staff, and the most enormous full Irish breakfast ever for 8 euro. Obviously the surroundings didn't hurt either. Go to Glendalough and stay at this hostel.

• Czech Republic, Male, 41+
1st May 2016

We have walked up to the hills. You can choose your path according to your possibilities, from easy track to the whole day climb. Outstandnig view down to the Glendalough. Accomodation was nice and price convenient. Great restaurant The Wicklow Heather is recomended for it's unique atmosphere, 30 mins by walk or you can ask for a transport.

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Apr 2016
6.9

This hostel is very average. We went there expecting to hire bikes as they said we could on the website but when we asked at reception the bloke looked at us like we were aliens. Rooms were cleanish and the kitchen was ok. It'll do for a night but no longer than that!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016
7.7

The place was comfortable and staff very friendly. I think there 5 euro breakfast was very basic and not worth the cost and some of the toilets did not flush properly. Also our room was very cold. Overall a satisfactory stay.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
22nd Mar 2016

I stayed there overnight while hiking the Wicklow Way. It had all the basic facilities that I needed and was located just a few meters off the walking route so very accessible.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
23rd Feb 2016

Recently I three nights in the Glendalough hostel. Fantastic . Staff were lovely and helpful . It was very relaxed atmosphere. The geographic terrain is very beautiful . Yvonne

• Poland, Female, 25-30
23rd Feb 2016

I arrived to Glendalough because I was looking for peace and quiet. I wanted to rest and contemplate. Your hostel, an atmosphere there, people and all stuff helped me with this. I met there amazing people, I saw fabulous landscapes but the most beautiful thing which I got - is the respect for my privacy and for my time. I could feel there very freely - like at home. Thank You Guys for everything what you did for me. You made my time in your Hostel very beautiful. See You soon ! :)