Glendalough Youth Hostel (Hostelling International

Fabulous 593 Total Reviews

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
6th May 2017
8.0

Not made for tall people, shower head was at shoulder level and beds are about 180cm. Other than that comfortable and affordable hostel in a great location along the Wicklow Way.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
1st May 2017

I really enjoyed my stay. Great setting, helpful staff, good facilities, lovely room. I really liked the clean cotton sheets. Even though there were large school groups staying it was very restful, quiet & calm. We also loved the Cafe on the Green in Laragh which had delicious home made cakes & healthy salads and the Heather Restaurant nearby which gave us a lift back after our evening meal.

• England, Female, 41+
30th Apr 2017
6.9

Positive: Kitchen and dining area clean, spacious and well equipped. Bedrooms basic but adequate, moderately clean. Negative: Downstairs TV room, dismal and unwelcoming. No comfortable sofa or chairs, only dining room type chairs. No plug on TV so impossible to watch a video. Upstairs TV room, filthy dirty with rubbish all around, an altogether horrible room. There was tiny drying room, more like a boiler house, also extremely dirty and cluttered. General air of neglect about the place.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
29th Apr 2017

Great hostel. We got a double room that had 4 beds for some reason but the staff was acommodating and the location was excellent.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
29th Apr 2017

Everything was great except...........our key card wouldn't work! We had to knock on the window for another lodger to let us in and then we couldn't get into our room. There was no one on reception at that time to help so we called the out of hours number but no one answered. Two girls in the room beside helped us out and called someone. We were an hour there before someone came......

• Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2017

It's a party hostel. Be prepared to be invaded by school groups with loud kids who are hear to have fun. It won't get completely quiet till fairly late.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Apr 2017

I'm a little hesitant on the security question because of two odd incidents. Neither of which I reported to management. 1. On leaving for the day my first morning I left my phone charger plugged in next to my bed. When I returned that evening it was gone. One of the workers was using the adapter for her computer in the common area and had to go " find" my cord/block...I was given only shrugs of shoulders as to why it was taken... 2. Came in to andom women using bathroom. Never saw her again.

19th Apr 2017
8.0

i was not in this hostel because i had to take a taxi from wiklow that cost 35 euros , when i book this hostel i was thinking it was in wiklow the town, it was all very confusing , i call them to explain the situation , but still they charged me for the first night . so i don't know how was the hostel as i was never there!

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

Nice Hostel, great shower, good location, nothing really negative to say

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24