Glenelg Beach Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 481 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

First off. The staff were absolutely amazing, so friendly and chatty. The rooms were decently sized and quite spacious. The location was another great highlight with the beach and a whole row of restaurants literally a minutes walk away. I drove in and the staff were really helpful with helping me find a parking spot as well as provide me great tips for the nightlife. The only downside was the lack of powerpoints in our room which overall did not really take away from the experience at all.

10th Feb 2017

no air conditioning or WiFi in rooms so keep that in mind. but the good part is its in an amazing old building with no bunk beds. limited showers but over all it has nice common areas and easy to meet people with a relaxed beach vibe.

• England, Female, 31-40
3rd Feb 2017
8.0

Easy to find and get to from the tram stop. Requested a female dorm and got one hasn't always happened at others Crockery and cutlery provided. Toilets and showers mixed which was the only down side but didn't have any probs when using these except for the last night when couldn't get any hot water. Will stay there again when next in Adelaide

• England, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017

Lovely hostel, I would definitely recommend. Nice mixture of ages and people. Very clean and excellent showers! Big kitchen area and courtyard. No bunks which was a good change.

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Feb 2017

nicest hostel I've been to, I'm 18 and I love to party and its right next to some great bars,staff were lovely the lady at the desk helped me with everything from recommendations to filling my drinks and lending me a phone charger.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
31st Jan 2017

Great location - close to beach, cafes, restaurants, tram that goes into the city and airport bus. Impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the spacious dorm room (and no bunk beds). The included breakfast was basic but good - toast and jam, and I appreciated the always available tea and coffee! The staff was helpful although a few times when I needed to ask them something the reception/bar was unattended. Overall, I would highly recommend this hostel if you're visiting Adelaide.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st Jan 2017

Fantastic staff! I was coming in late and I called ahead to let them know. The owner was great he stayed until I got there and I got settled in and they invited me to have a beer with them afterwards. It was great. The room was nice with know bunk beds. The shower was also really nice.

• Australia, Male, 41+
16th Jan 2017

Great place to stay by the beach and close to all local transport into the city

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

Great. I would stay again. Front desk help was extremely knowledgeable. Security lacked in the room but you just respected other people's stuff and they respected yours.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
12th Jan 2017

I absolutely loved this location! Holly was amazing to correspond with with emails and Tony was very helpful onsite. I've already rebooked for a second stay :) and highly recommend this place. Ther only issue I had the whole time was that a gal ended up in our room and she was a snorer, but that's not the fault of the accommodation! Also, be advised that there aren't lockers in the rooms, but I felt very comfortable leaving my things in the room and had no problems.