Glenelg Beach Hostel Reviews

1-7 Moseley Street, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia

Tony the hostel owner is wonderful and really goes above and beyond to help everybody out. This is by far the nicest hostel I've stayed in in Australia and am looking forward to coming back and staying again :D Amazing facilities , friendly atmosphere , awesome location !!

Comfy beds, nice rooms, for the price everything else was rather average. Probably wouldn't stay again, better hostels in the city and plenty of trams to get to glenelg.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The location is just so good! Just by the sea, on the main road of Glenelg surrounded by restaurant, pubs and shops. Highly recommended.

The best hostel I've stayed in in Australia. The staff was amazingly kind to us and genuinely wanted to make our stay the best! It's a place to meet heaps of great people and I would recommend this to everyone looking for a hostel in Adelaide. Easy acces to the tram that takes you to the city and a very short walk to the beach. All facilities were clean and I don't have one thing to complain about!

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Great location, just 2 minutes away from the beach, but there is no air con in the rooms. When I was there it was 40 degrees outside and it was hotter than that inside the room. It was so bad that none of us slept very much at all and woke up drenched in sweat. Also the wifi doesn't reach to the rooms which is a pain but the common areas are absolutely fine to chill in and use the wifi :)

Great location for those that prefer not to stay in the city. However a tram to the city is $10 per trip. I can't rate the staff too highly as nearly every time I went to reception they were on the phone for a long time - not work related, and the vacuuming lady does not knock before entering your room. In addition to this food and drink I purchased was past the best before date. Perhaps the employees are volunteers. Cleanliness - just don't look too hard (bathroom fans). Stay dorm over private.

Lockers in dorm would be useful as dorm door was generally left open. The entrance of the hostel looks like a night club which gives the wrong first impression, could be painted a light colour and a few posters put up etc .

NO air conditioning in this hostel! It was 41C on Sat 14 Feb and 28C during night. Could barely sleep at night time due to the hot weather. Although, I was given a free additional fan to put by my bed but that was useless. Won't stay here again and NOT recommend to any of travellers.

• 14th Feb 2015

Meh it was ok, good location by the beach and live bands on the weekend. No bunk beds which was rare.

Nice hostel very close to beach and tram.

Great hostel close to the beach. Friendly staff

Great location right by the beach, in a very nice building. Polite and friendly staff. Communal areas are dark and a bit cramped, not very inviting. No lockers in bedrooms and lack of power sockets. Lots of big groups in the dorms.

Loved my weeks stay here, owner Tony was nice & friendly, the hostel was clean & the single beds are always a winner with me, along with $5 happy hour proper UK pints! Reasonable prices after happy hour too tbh. My only complaint was that I had a couple of very hot % humid nights & there was no air con or sufficient fan in the room. Perhaps a couple of stand alone rotating fans couple be put in each room to help combat the heat on nights like that. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Wonderful hostel with absolutely convenient location, helpful staffs, rooms are spacious & clean bathroom, already recommended to my fds