Glenelg Beach Hostel Reviews

1-7 Moseley Street, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia

Place is awesome, People are great and friendly. Like second home! But here is little bit constructive critics! WiFi was slow as snail and covered only very small area. Door locks drove me insane. GET decent access card system in!!! Showers could use some more hooks and little boxy area for undressing! AND more power points in rooms!

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Estonia

I had a great time there, but I wish that the staff had been a little more friendly. Overall they seemed a little standoffish. Also, the bar/reception area is dim and although that's great in the evenings, it would be nice if it was a bit more bright and welcoming during the day. I love the location.

• 6th Jan 2016

Overall very disappointed. We paid nearly $600 for one week in a private room with a shared bathroom. All that was in the room was a double bed and a sink which left an awful stench in our room. The room was unbearably warm, with only a ceiling fan. There was only one shower and toilet for the females on my floor. The wifi doesn't work. The vibe of the hostel is very 'cliquey' with a lot of older males staying. The doors to the hostel often left open which was a security risk.

• 16th Dec 2015

Amazing staff! Truly great service!

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Really enjoyed my stay here, lovely area and so close to be beach. A team ride away from the city centre but really good stay, will come back next time.

Fantastic location in the suburb of Glenelg, literally 2 minutes from the beach and tram stop to Adelaide. Room was big but didn't have lockers. Staff were friendly and helpful, we had an overnight trip after checking out, they locked away our luggage for us in a cupboard and we stayed the night again after our trip. The common area was comfy and the kitchen area was big enough for the amount of people staying there.

I stayed a night in a female 6 bedroom. Pros: Amazing Buliding, great location, super friendly staff, free breakfast (toast, jam, coffee and tea), no bunk-beds Cons: I felt like the amount of showers could cause problems

Great hostel. Perfect location and friendly staff.

Great place!

I love this hostel. It was my second time around and it didn't disappoint. I had a hiccup in my travel itinerary and arrived way later then anticipated. The staff was very accommodating and kept in contact awaiting our arrival. They are all very personable and I am so thankful for the hospitality shown. It's worth the stay!

The beer garden downstairs was very noisy with a group of Australians was odd for a backpackers but the noise ended at 10:30 when the beer garden was closed so not too annoying.

• 3rd Oct 2015

The workers are very nice and the place is very clean, common places are good and the prices are according with the place, Definitely I would recommend!!

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Chile

Really enjoyed my one night here, everything I needed, and a close personal feel to it!

Welcoming, friendly and also very close to a great beach and a regular tram stop! Also has happy hour at the bar which is great for some super cheap pints! :)

• 31st Aug 2015

One of my favourite place in Australia!! If you stay in Adelaide stay here!!!