Glenmalure Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Greenane, Co. Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland

We are a family of four with two girls aged 8 and 10. We went down to go hiking and stay in the hostel. When we went down we were welcomed Ver nicely by the wardens Hans and Billy. We went out walking and then for a meal in the Glenmalure Lodge. When we came back about 8pm there was a drinking party going on around a campfire with about 15 drunk people. The atmosphere was intimidating to us. People were urinating on the grass which my children saw. So we left and went home.

• 22nd Aug 2015

great time, great place, really enjoyed it. it is what it is. not a hotel, and great to get away from it all,

• 1st Aug 2015

A little hard to find - the website says to follow the signs for Wicklow Way, which is a walking path, and not on the road signs. A server at Lynhams Pub in Laragh gave us better directions.

• 12th Jul 2015

The hostel is a perfect retreat. I woke up on the 3rd July, and having realised the night before a bath might be kind to the world, took advantage of a glimmer of sunshine to take my wrapper and join Maud Gonne and all the others who have dipped in the rock pools fashioned by generations in the stream outside my window. A tentative beginning became a glow of triumph - can still enjoy this at 63! But it was Willy and Jacqueline - the most charming volunteer wardens - who inspired me ...

• 1st Jul 2015