Glenmalure Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Greenane, Wicklow, Ireland

A little hard to find - the website says to follow the signs for Wicklow Way, which is a walking path, and not on the road signs. A server at Lynhams Pub in Laragh gave us better directions.

• 12th Jul 2015

The hostel is a perfect retreat. I woke up on the 3rd July, and having realised the night before a bath might be kind to the world, took advantage of a glimmer of sunshine to take my wrapper and join Maud Gonne and all the others who have dipped in the rock pools fashioned by generations in the stream outside my window. A tentative beginning became a glow of triumph - can still enjoy this at 63! But it was Willy and Jacqueline - the most charming volunteer wardens - who inspired me ...

• 1st Jul 2015