Glenmore House Reviews

Airport Road, Cloghran, Swords, Dublin, Ireland

Only stayed for less than one night. Staff was very friendly and helpful, the place was clean. Minor problem, staff was very chatty at the reception and I could hear them from my room.

Glenmore House is in an ideal position if you have a late/early flight from Dublin Airport and need somewhere near to the airport to stay. We managed to walk from/ to the terminal in about 20 minutes.

Excellent value and location; rooms nice, with new bathrooms and all very clean. XpressPark car park is next to the hotel and also very good value. We'll be staying there again!

• 29th Jul 2014

It was a littlebit dirty and old.Good is the Location only five minutes from the Airport.

A lovely place, very convenient for an early morning flight, a real oasis in the mids of all the hassle of departure. Staff Kind and helpful.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The hotel was nice and clean and there was a balcony. The only problem was the location, it wasn't close to anything. The only way into town was by bus as all of the travel books said it's best not to bring a car into Dublin as parking and theft are a problem. The info center in the airport was very helpful of information on what buses to take and where to pick them up. There are main city buses that have stops right out on the main road. Once you get used to the buses, a great place to stay.

This place is not great for staying if you want to explore Dublin, but it is a great place to stay for a night after your arrival or before your departure as it is very close to the airport. The building is nice and the breakfast is the best I have had at a hostel/ bed and breakfast.

Exactly what I needed my last night in Ireland. VERY CONVENIENT AIRPORT ACCESS. Great value for a single person No problem.

Property suited our needs for car drop off prior to flying out early the next morning...the property is tired.. Needs a refurb ..but saying that it was inexpensive

• 6th Jun 2014

Location was great for our early morning flight (about 5 mins from the airport with a shuttle in between for 2 euros per person).

enjoyable stay . staf fvery friendly and helpful

• 22nd May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Perfect for a quick overnight near the airport, only 5 minutes away. The room was clean but outdated and the carpet was old but clean. NO WIFI in the room, you had to go to the lobby to get it. The staff was nice but not really interested in their job and was busy texting when we were trying to check in. However they did stay on the phone with us and guided us in as we got lost. We got lost because there was no street number listed on the location and we didn't have exact GPS coordinates.

• 22nd May 2014

I found each of the staff helpful and extremely easy to talk to regardless of requests. The night porter/receptionist was fast to relay any messages left for me, even assisted when my email lines failed. The girls at B'fast rapidly fulfilled my request without any hesitations and answered all my questions, even briefed me on localised histories. And the room cleaning service was speedy & discrete. Really enjoyed the pleasant surrounds.

• 2nd May 2014

This hostel is located near the airport, so the surrounding is not very appealing. But very practical if you need to be close to the airport. We stayed in a 4 persons bedroom. It was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the room was spacious. Linen were included. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good. We were a bit disappointed that there were no facilities at the hostel itself for a drink or so, but there were two bars nearby.

I had a great stay here. The owner was very friendly and helpful. He had great recommendations on places to eat, pubs for local folk music, and even the day trips. Breakfast was tea/coffee, eggs, toast, and cereal.

Great experience.

I really enjoyed staying there. A real friendly atmosphere and much nicer than a hotel.

• 7th Apr 2014

We just wanted a cheap stop-over close to the airport and this place fitted the bill perfectly. The continental breakfast had everything we required and the reception staff were pleasant and helpful.

• 2nd Apr 2014

The hotel was quite good though the walls were quite keen-eared. There's the Premier Inn Shuttle Bus that takes you to the airport for 2 Euros. Breakfast was included though I left quite early and they didn't provide packed lunch.

I was quite disappointed with Glenmore House. I don't have very high expectations, especially when traveling on a budget, however this was a bit extreme. Upon going to my room, the door didn't work properly. Also the shower doors were broken. When I went to the front desk about the shower doors I was told there was nothing that could be done as the "maintenance person" was not there on the weekends. I was just told to be careful & if water got on the tile floor of the bathroom it was ok.

View all Dublin Bed and Breakfasts