Global Backpackers Airlie Beach Reviews

356-362 Shute Harbour Rd, Airlie Beach, Australia

Rooms are way too close to the bar! Didn't sleep at all. Changed hostels after one night because of this.

Only stayed one night. Another place with a bad bar and a no BYO rule, they will take any alcohol left in the rooms so hide it. Lame policy of putting down a deposit for any cutlery needed, a PITA. Very clean and the beds and rooms were great though. Good enough for a one night stop-over while getting on a boat, but I wouldn't stay longer.

I found it very unpleasant that there where no real common room for the people staying at the hostel. the biggest common area where the bar right next to the hostel. and the kitchen was very small and dirty the fridge smelled very bad

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

We stayed in a 2 bed room. We found insects and other small animalsin the room.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Austria

There were a ton of cockroaches in the dorm room, they were even in my bed. When I told the staff, they were not bothered at all. It was terrible.

Average hostel over all. Nothing particularly bad about it, but nothing particularly made it stand out either. Visted a couple of the other hostels and they were a bit nicer. The bar was good fun though and its nice they give guests a discounted meal.

Overall a good stay! They could clean the luggage room more often and maybe have a look at the night gate, because we had some troubles with opening it.

I know Airlie Beach is a party town ;-) but the two nights I spent there were awful ! A lot of noise and guys drunk running naked in the corridor, I've never seen the night manager during my entire stay. The room was disguting and there were cockroaches in the bathrooms ! I would definitely not recommend this backpacker.

• 3rd Oct 2014