7.3
Very Good 614 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 614 Total Reviews
Global Backpackers Airlie Beach Located at 356-362 Shute Harbour Rd, , Airlie Beach.
Australia
Airlie Beach Queensland Queensland, 480 356-362 Shute Harbour Rd
73% 614
-20.2686133 148.7174820
    Rooms available

• Northern Ireland, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
8.0

We read the reviews and thought it would be grim but it was fine. The 10 bed was really big and spacious, the annoying thing was that there was no central light so the room was quite dark but I'd stay there again. Also 50% off for the food at the bar was so good.

26th Jun 2016

Good room with balcony. Didn't realize you had to pay for Internet. Close to the lagoon and friendly staff

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2016
5.7

I stayed in room three and it had cockroaches. I woke up with one on my leg and we found many in the bathroom. We also had plans to get up early each day and we weren't looking for a party hostel so the bar next door wasn't ideal.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th May 2016
5.4

The location of the hostel in the centre of town is convenient. The rooms aren't that great. I stayed in room 2 and half of the lights didn't work, and we weren't even given the option of hiring linen. The cleaning staff were quite rude and abrupt, however the staff at the desk were lovely.

25th May 2016
7.1

No free wifi, and when you do pay for it it's quite expensive.

• Wales, Male, 18-24
21st May 2016

I lost my bank card prior to arriving at Global Backpackers but the staff did a lot to help me and I couldn't thank them enough for it.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th May 2016
7.1

I stayed in a 10bed dorm. For 20$ a night I could't complain. The only thing that seemed quite dodgy was the fact that you couldn't take Alcoholic drinks up to the rooms or kitchen. I got a handful of vouchers for booze and nightclubs but if you simply wanted to drink your own drinks you would have had to store it at the reception. I've been to many hostels and none have been stuck up about drinking in your own quarters.

3rd May 2016

Very good hostel. Right in front of the Lagoon, on the main street. A few steps from other bars, has a bar connected to it. No free Wifi, kitchen is not well-accesorized and there's not enough space for everyone's food. Besides that, I would definitely stay there again.

6th Apr 2016
6.3

10 bed room was a bit small for the amount of people. Bathroom was old and had mould. Could do with a refurbishment to be honest. Wi-Fi costs money. Kitchen is Way too small for the hostel (maybe this is to encourage people to eat at the bar). $7.50 meals with a drink were good at the bar though. Very central location as there's only one street in Airlie beach

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
1st Apr 2016
7.4

Was much better than I expected. Just booked a cheap hostel, and some reviews weren't very positive. But I had a good time, staff was friendly and the room was relatively clean. The bar next door was a good place to hang around in the evening. Overall it was pretty good.