7.2
Very Good 693 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 693 Total Reviews
Global Backpackers Airlie Beach Located at 356-362 Shute Harbour Rd, , Airlie Beach.
Australia
Airlie Beach Queensland Queensland, 480 356-362 Shute Harbour Rd
72% 693
-20.2686133 148.7174820
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
9th Jan 2017
6.3

Can't say the hostel was particularly clean. I went with friends but I wouldn't say this is the best for solo Backpackers as there wasn't much atmosphere or a place to meet others. No wifi in the hostel but some (not strong) at the bar next door. Great location but I would opt for somewhere else if I returned to Airlie.

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2016
7.4

Rooms were really spacious and clean, the location was perfect and the atmosphere here was good, only bad point is that they had hardly any cooking pans which made it hard to cook at the same time as other people

17th Dec 2016
8.0

An easy one night stay. Friendly staff. Located 1 minutes walk from the beach lagoon and main supermarket. Facilities were very basic. The dorms have good aircon! The bathroom was a bit run down. No entertainment team so you're left to your own thing. Offers $7.50 meal with drink deal which is really good value for money! Overall, a good experience and would recommend it for a short stay.

• ellamaibarrett991
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Dec 2016

Stayed in private twin room - awesome setup, then again in all female dorm, was pretty good too. Great location, has everything you need and is pretty good, pretty clean . 7.50 meal deal with drink at beaches bar was awesome . Not bad

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Dec 2016
5.7

Rooms weren't very well cleaned. My friend had cockroaches in her bathroom and when reported to a cleaner she responded saying 'don't worry I get them too'. On top of that she then woke up covered in bites which swelled to welts which she had to go to the pharmacy to deal with them. She asked reception if she could move beds and they fobbed her off saying it was sand fly bites (we hadn't been to the beach). The bites continued over the nights. Don't stay here.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
8th Dec 2016

really good hostel, really nice staff etc and cheap food which is still really good

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7.7

Great location and having the attached bar with discounts was a great bonus. I had to leave quite early when I checked out, and I forgot to organise that ahead of time. So I contacted the after hours line and got no response. I tried again and still not go response. So I still haven't gotten my key deposit back and my food was left in the kitchen, probably thrown out by now.

• England, Male, 25-30
7.4

One of the cheapest places in the street and you do get discounted too and drinks at the rather busy bar below. The 8 bed dorms had one bathroom and shower between them and the rooms were a bit grotty. But You know that when you pay less than other places. Check in was very busy on the dot, so either get there ten minutes early or hang around a bit elsewhere to save yourself queuing and sweating!

• Northern Ireland, Female, 31-40
6.0

Ok as a place to party and then crash out. But overall a bit overcrowded! Dorm was packed and bed mattress as wafer thin, the shower was filthy and the whole place is a bit dilapidated and run down. I wouldn't stay there again.

• huest2tiger4765
  • USA, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
2nd Dec 2016
7.1

I went to airlie because I Wanted t party but I was in a room with just couples so I had to go out by myself. My second night I switched rooms and again it was all couples except one girl who had the flu, so I didn't make any new friends. I didn't really have any fun. The dinner deal was good though and location was excellent