Global Central Reviews

9 Shields Street, Cairns, Australia

nice place if you like vomiting and fighting

Really good location, mattress a bit uncomfortable, windowless room with noisy fan, didn't disturb me too much though because I was extremely tired, crowd can be annoying if you're not the party-all-night-long type, on the other hand I bet it's a good place to meet people

Get what you pay for... Very dirty, reception is the only place that is clean and doesn't smell.

Was okay good location, loud at night with the party balcony.

Enjoyed our time there despite people who would continue partying in the hallway after the outside area was closed. Staff was great and very helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

It's a pretty good hostel. Depends on where you get I guess. I stayed in a room pretty far from the noise in the evenings - my friends didn't get so lucky so they didn't get much sleep one of the nights. Good for money at only $15 a night for some rooms. You have to pay a $30 deposit for keys so bring cash with you.

Me and my two friends had a really good time at global and we ended up staying an extra week. Staff where good and the hostel is in a great location. Only thing I would say is they advertise having a rooftop pool but they no longer have it available, but still a great hostel non the less.

Perfect location in the center of Cairns. Good value, they give also coupons to have a huge 7$ meal in a pub nearby. The place is quite clean, enough toilets and shower. Quite noisy at night. Staff not particularly friendly. No Wifi !!! You have to pay an extra to get it... Seriously... Fortunately slow free wifi is available near the explanade.

cheap hostel I had a room without AC and windows. It was very warm, even in Winter (June) I did not like it, but for one night it was ok. The location is awesome though. Lots of clubs and pubs

It is a great hostel and very cheap. The kitchen is big and clean, which is reallu nice. The staff was acting a bit too cool, like they were better than others, which is a shame, but it was okay. Annoying that you had to go all the way down to the reception just to get come cutlery. I know people steal a lot, but stil.. It's really annoying.

Sometimes, Toilets are not really clean

• 6th Jun 2015

I've extended my stay for another 4nights. Met great people and slept well every night!

• 4th Jun 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE! This is the worst hostel I've been in Australia because of a few problems: - There is no lockers on the doors in the showers, so anyone can enter when you're showering! - they close the balcony at 9pm so if you're enjoying a drink or something with your friends you have to come back inside! - I checked out 4 minutes late and they charged me $10 saying me that I should have came 5 minutes earlier! When I talked to the manager she said that's normal, they aren't honest!!!

I live the first day of the room don't even have a storage table, 2-3:00 someone is yelling at midnight every night, and the next day my clothes had been stolen. Tell your waiter, call me alarm processing. 10:00 pantry door shut, there is no way to drink water, even WiFi should be an extra charge. Really is a word people.

• 19th Apr 2015