Global Central Reviews

9 Shields Street, Cairns, Australia

The room didn't clean. And no locker can lock myself staff. The neighbourhood so noisy at mighnight. And somebody would tell they, they didn't improve until 3 a.m.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

I absolutely loved this hostel. It was so cheap and yet it's the best one I've stayed in! The facilities are good and the kitchen is huge. Plenty of room in the fridges, plenty of jobs going for free accommodation. Centrally located, the staff were friendly. Great place to meet people, couldn't fault it at all!

The staff at your reception desk were possibly the worst i,ve ever encountered in nine trips to Australia! The one girl with a liverpool accent should not be working at a hostel with her really could,nt be bothered and rude attitude.It was weeks ago now but it is still the worst reception in a hostel throughout australia i have encountered.

Receptionist Carrie was always friendly and professional. I was travelling with a friend and when my friend left Carrie took time out to make sure i was ok and invited me to her social group. She was always around with a smile and time for a catch up. Kudos to her.

lacking in atmosphere

The hostel room was freezing when we arrived and took us more than 1h to find someone from the staff to switch it of for us as the switch was not working. He had to switch it of with a remote control and we could not turn it on ourselves later if wanted as we did not have the remote ourselves so had to spend the night with the noisy ceiling fan not to die from the heat. Very noisy at nights with people shouting outside room and noone ready for us an early check out despite we had asked for it.

no free wifi but other than that its a 10/10