Global Central

7.6
Very Good 444 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
22nd Aug 2017

great location, quiet when we were there so not the best for solo travellers wanting to meet lots of people, but as a group we were okay. clean kitchen and nice terrace. we did have the problem of lots of cockroaches in the room! staff really helpful and friendly

• England, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017
6.0

Good if you're looking for cheap no thrills place to stay. The private rooms you can not control the air con and if you do turn it off it automatically comes back on. I had to spend the night sleeping in a jumper because it was that cold. As for the mixed dorms there is no ladders on the beds so if you're on a top bunk things are a bit awkward. Every one smokes weed on the balcony so good if you're into that thing, if not expect the kitchen and lounge area to stink off weed! Reception good

• christinacumming4068
  • Scotland, Female, 18-24
23rd Jul 2017

The location of the hostel is great and I loved the lounge & balcony area. The room we were staying in however was very small, hot and smelly. The guy at your info desk helped us with our bags and even he said 'oh it smells like feet it here' and made a quick exit.

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
22nd Jun 2017

The hostel is perfectly located, close to supermarkets, restaurants, shops, bars, the marina and the Esplanade. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The common areas are spacious and comfortable. The toilets are big and I never had to wait to take a shower. You constantly see staff cleaning rooms, toilets and the kitchen. But I have to say I constantly saw cockroaches in the rooms or in the kitchen, which wasn't very pleasant. And if you want wifi you have to pay for it which is annoying.

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017
5.1

As a solo traveller, I do not recommend this hostel. I booked the mixed dorm room and had heard good reviews of Global as a welcoming and fun hostel. I checked in with a lovely girl on reception but after that, it went downhill. there were no lights on on my floor so couldn't find room well and the room was bright white with a single light and no windows, making it feel like a prison. Didn't even stay the night because of how uncomfortable it was.

1st Jun 2017

It's a good place to stay with a big kitchen. Bathrooms could be cleaner but it wasn't anything horrible. The most annoying thing was the "no alcohol in the hostel" policy... meaning people drink in the rooms instead of the common rooms, which is pretty irritating if you are trying to sleep and aren't there to party. Cairns in general is a huge party city. The rooms are super cold too, if that's what your into. But kinda a party hostel, again good if that's what your looking for.

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd May 2017
2.9

I had items of clothing stolen and shoes ... not what I expected to happen and thought it was a bit strange. I was in a private room with two of my friends which can only lead me to believe it was staff. The hostel is basic and the location is near the the main pool. The staff didn't help me with regards to my missing items and didn't seem really bothered. Wouldn't stay here again.

5th Apr 2017

Enjoyed our stay despite the trampy girls bringing boys back. Kitchen was always clean as staff cleaned up several times a day. Room was a little messy and a little cramped but that's as usual in Oz.

×