Global Central Reviews

9 Shields Street, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

The room and the kitchen are big. The toilets are clean always.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel for this price I've stayed in. Nice balcony, clean showers, helpful staff. The rooms could use some kind of shelves/lockers though as all the stuff was on the floor. Also in my room the air con was leaking, there was a bucket on the floor for that. But at least it was working and the room was nice and cool.

This hostel is indeed really good. I didn't expect too much since it's being really cheap but I was surprised about how good the hostel was. Everything was very clean, the kitchen was big, you could sit outside and eat there. Also the rooms were really big so you had enough space for all your things and the bathroom facilities were really good too. So overall I enjoyed my stay and would go there definitely again!

Great location, lots of people to meet at the hostel. Good communal area. Kitchen facilities could have been better, bit annoying having to go to reception every time you wanted a cutlery box. Colin on reception was great and will help you book any tours you want to do at a great price.

I was booked 2 nights but I'm not very happy for that so I check out earlier! Sound proofing is very very bad, toilet is dirty, smelly. Have a lot of drunk people and party animals! Hope you guys can make it better. Thanks!

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

A day where I really had to hurry, this girl staff (who knew I had to hurry) just sad in the couch and didn't even help me.. I had to get my bag in the luggage room, but apperently she didn't have a key. It was only 5 minutes before I had to catch my bus, she went down to look for the other girl. Where I had already been there 2 times.. She was really lazy and not very helpful!! I ended up putting my bag with her, after the second time of asking her, and ran out to my bus. Very bad service!!

• 3rd Jan 2014

Great place. Everyone was so friendly and very helpful. Except the bathroom always seemed to be out of toilet paper. Would definitely stay here again though.

Heard bad stories about the Global Hostels but my room was pretty clean, especially for an 8-bed-dorm. Nice people and good voucher for dinner at J.P.O Brians. Really cheap for $15!

Good place , if need, I will suggest my friends go to live there.

• 26th Oct 2013