Global Guest House Reviews

9 Spadina Road, Toronto, Canada

The location is great, the staff is very friendly, but there are bed bugs and I have at least 40 bites. If they get rid of the bed bugs, it's a nice place, but that was really a huge downside to my stay there.

• 27th Oct 2014

Great place to stay. Another guest stole our nilk from the fridge, but that was not the hostel's fault! Friendly, helpful owner & staff and a marvellous bed. Thank you. We will see you again.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Kitchen does not include a possibility for cooking, only a dirty microwave. We had bed bugs or fleas in the bed. Our private bathroom was used by other travellers also. Good area with nice restaurants and the subway next to house. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms. Wifi signal was a little weak in the rooms, but in the communal areas was fine. Disappointed that the hostel page says there is a kitchen, but there are no cooking utilities such as a stove or oven to prepare food with, only a microwave. Hostel also doesn't foster a great community atmosphere. Otherwise, had a pleasant stay. All other areas are great.

Lovely, homely, friendly. Relaxed place to stay near the centre of the city

I had the unfortunate experience of being bitten alive by bed bugs - went to see staff the following day but couldn't find anyone. I was only there a short time so just stuck it out.

• 11th Apr 2014

Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I see no reason to stay in a hotel in Toronto now that I now that this place exists.

• 26th Dec 2013

A window in the room was replaced by a cardboard (to give room to the air-con), it is a bit noisy at night because our room was facing the road. And one of the window blinds was not working. Other than that, everything was nice. The staff were nice and responsive, the interior of the hostel was cozy and clean.

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

Find any ways to decrease the noise ! And please, switch off the light in the corridor. No need to let it opened all night.

• 4th Oct 2013

The noise comes from the vibrant, thriving and beautiful city which is Toronto. The corridor light has to be on all night so that guests, other than yourself can see where they are going.

Global guest house is in a great location and very clean. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay there again next time I am in Toronto. To those booking remember there is an additional tax you pay upon arrival - hostel world/hostels should include this in the booking price to avoid nasty surprises. Subway is just next door so is both convenient as well as a little noisy at times - but not a major problem. I hope to come back soon.

Global Guest House is conveniently located right next door to Spadina subway station and close to an abundance of cafes, pubs, shops and convenience stores. Check-in was easy and the room was comfy with an aircon, walk-in wardrobe, TV and perfect wi-fi connection. The shared bathroom was clean - my only disappointment was that someone accidentally locked the door on the way out so I had to use the downstairs bathroom until it was unlocked. Altogether a great stay.

An excellent location close to the city centre and major attractions. Staff were friendly and helpful, recommending places to see and helping me to settle in. Although the facilities at the hotel were reasonably basic, the room was comfortable and clean. Whilst the Global Guest House does not offer 5 star accommodation, it does offer fantastic value for money. This hotel is perfect for travellers on a tight budget who want a friendly, convenient place to stay whilst visiting Toronto.

• 17th Sep 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a few days during TIFF and also the Toronto Vegetarian food festival. It's clean and safe, it's a convenient location right next to one of the subway stations. The staff was friendly. If you are looking for a basic, clean affordable place to stay in downtown Toronto, this is one of the best values for your money.

• 4th Sep 2013

Nice guesthouse with a great location right next to the Spadina subway stop and bloor street.

Great clean guesthouse in an excellent location. Very close to restaurants on Bloor st and the subway is next door. Had a great stay and will definitely be back again.

Great neighborhood, amazing location as it is right on top of a metro and streetcar station - the walk into town is even better. Shops and coffee places all around. The kitchen offers free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and mineral water, and there is laundry. Very clean 'shared' bathroom only with 1 other room, which is excellent. Staff was friendly, for example it was no problem to arrive (very) late or to leave our luggage for a whole day after check-out. Loved the pink radiator in our room!

Considering my overall experience with guest houses around Toronto, I'm satisfied with my stay at the Global Guest House! The staff was very friendly and the location is peferct (close to the campus & metro). Only complain might be adressed to the bathroom, the toilet flush got stuck sometimes & water-tap was not working (or I didn't figure out how to switch it on). But apart from that, I everything was fine & room was simple but decent!

Good location, basic room but ok for price. Kitchen/common room facilities limited if you want to prepare food but for me that wasn't a problem. Plenty of facilities (restaurants, supermarket, etc. nearby, and right next to transport.

• 27th Feb 2013

Everything was great, except we payed an extra $10 for a room with a private bathroom and it was actually detached - you had to leave your room to get to it. Also, it was a little dark in our room, if you're oK with that. But the location was perfect for us:)

• 31st Dec 2012

Perfect location, and the price is correct for this.

• 24th Nov 2012