Global Hostel. Reviews

1058 Canterbury Street, Boston, USA

I went to the hostel and there was nobody ready to let us in. It turns out that we could enter the hostel without any passcode, all the way up to the dorms. There were no lockers to secure belongings. When we called the hostel staff, a man said he will come in an hour's time. There was no verification of whatsoever before he gave us the supposed passcode to enter the house, even though we were already in. We decided not to stay there because of security reasons.

The owner is very kind and let us come in the middle of the night although it was specified we should come by 8 PM, but the facility is just not worth the price - the first night the breakfast was missing (the official reason of not being there was that it was already eaten by the time we woke up at 8.15 AM), while the second day it was plain bread and cold scrambled eggs in a bowl. Both rooms stank, the first night two covers were missing so we were freezing and the bathroom was very dirty

Not a proper hostel. First time in a hostel and was very disappointed. Just a apartment on top of some guys other apartment. Bathroom and kitchen looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months was disgusting. I asked for a 4 bed female dorm but it was 6 as that is all there is. One 6 female room and one 6 male room. Even getting toilet paper was a mission, the owner would bring up one roll each time. Kind of annoying. One bathroom for 14 people ! Takes about 45min to get to downtown on bus/train

• 27th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Nobody at the reception when we arrived. Overbooking of the rooms. No locks and no livingroom. Durty and messy bedrooms. Restroom and bathroom very durty too. I do not recomand.

• 26th Sep 2014

The host was extremely lovely and the hostel is perfect if you just need a cheap bed to stay in. While it is a bit far away from the city, it is quite easy to get there by public transport.

• 12th Sep 2014

Expect to be stranded in front of the hostel with all your luggage because no one will open the door. Since this is not a real hostel there is no reception and the guy running the place was not around when I got there. Even it says breakfast is included there is no breakfast. And there were bugs in my bed.

Good vibe and suprisly more space than you need when your by yourself, which after a long day is very refreshing. It's cute, smart and makes you feel like a local. It was a very good start for my journey

• 8th Sep 2014

There was one toilet for two rooms,for a total of 12 people.I ordered 1 genre room and it ended up to be mixed.Besides,breakfast was never served..Frustrating!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Keep the hard work going

Nice hostel and good value for money! It is a little bit out of town but easy bus ride to the train station into the city center! The guy that owns the place is really lovely and very accommodating! He might not be there when you arrive but if you call him he is happy to give you the codes so you can get in. Overall we had a good time and boston is a lovely city! Free street parking is a bonus if you have a car and excellent wifi connection! (:

I wanted a place close to downtown Boston and at an inexpensive price. The neighborhood was fine, close laundry, close to bus and train. The owner was very accommodating, helpful and friendly. The shared room and bath were clean and the bunk bed was most comfortable. I would return.

• 27th Jun 2014

Global Hostel is one of the top hostels i've stayed in my life. Is a great environment in a secure neighborhood with many ways of getting to the Downtown Area. I would definitely satay there again since the environment and the price would give a run to some chain hotels found around the US.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Dominican Republic

DO NOT stay at this hostel unless absolutely necessary. The hostel isn't really a hostel, it is an apartment in some guys house in Roslindale. There isn't even a sign that says "Global Hostel" outside of it. It is in a creepy area. Sheets had stains. And the owner is a liar. We paid to stay in a 4 person room and it ended up being 5- the 5th being a lady with a little kid who is basically living there, so it was basically 6 people. Unpleasant stay.

• 5th Jun 2014

There was no one there to let us in upon arrival. We had to wait almost 45 minutes just to be let inside and then it was another guest who let us in. We never did meet any staff members. Upon arrival to what we were told by another guest was our room, it was overbooked and in complete disarray. There was a young boy apparently staying there in spite of the 18+ guidelines for staying as a guest. We were then left having to scramble to find other, greatly overpriced, accomodations elsewhere.

• 16th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The location was a little away from the downtownt, but no problem because there was a bus stop near there.When I stayed, there were few people, so I didn't have any troubles such as noise, bathroom! The staff and atmosphere were good.