Global Hostel. Reviews

1058 Canterbury Street, Boston, USA

Keep the hard work going

Nice hostel and good value for money! It is a little bit out of town but easy bus ride to the train station into the city center! The guy that owns the place is really lovely and very accommodating! He might not be there when you arrive but if you call him he is happy to give you the codes so you can get in. Overall we had a good time and boston is a lovely city! Free street parking is a bonus if you have a car and excellent wifi connection! (:

• 6th Aug 2014

I wanted a place close to downtown Boston and at an inexpensive price. The neighborhood was fine, close laundry, close to bus and train. The owner was very accommodating, helpful and friendly. The shared room and bath were clean and the bunk bed was most comfortable. I would return.

• 27th Jun 2014

Global Hostel is one of the top hostels i've stayed in my life. Is a great environment in a secure neighborhood with many ways of getting to the Downtown Area. I would definitely satay there again since the environment and the price would give a run to some chain hotels found around the US.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Dominican Republic

DO NOT stay at this hostel unless absolutely necessary. The hostel isn't really a hostel, it is an apartment in some guys house in Roslindale. There isn't even a sign that says "Global Hostel" outside of it. It is in a creepy area. Sheets had stains. And the owner is a liar. We paid to stay in a 4 person room and it ended up being 5- the 5th being a lady with a little kid who is basically living there, so it was basically 6 people. Unpleasant stay.

• 5th Jun 2014

There was no one there to let us in upon arrival. We had to wait almost 45 minutes just to be let inside and then it was another guest who let us in. We never did meet any staff members. Upon arrival to what we were told by another guest was our room, it was overbooked and in complete disarray. There was a young boy apparently staying there in spite of the 18+ guidelines for staying as a guest. We were then left having to scramble to find other, greatly overpriced, accomodations elsewhere.

• 16th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The location was a little away from the downtownt, but no problem because there was a bus stop near there.When I stayed, there were few people, so I didn't have any troubles such as noise, bathroom! The staff and atmosphere were good.

First off, I have few issues with the place. The women only room that was supposed to have just sleep 4 females didn't I was the 5th and when I woke up on my last day a man jumped out of the top bunk! Really?! And it reaked of pot-which I am OK with, it's a non smoking hostel. The doors were left open and unlocked. Not too cool.

• 20th Apr 2014

Overall good place. Location is a bit far outside of Boston. Last stop on the orange line plus a 10 minute bus ride. One bathroom/shower on the floor for 10 people. Wake super early or super late. The staff is very nice and accommodating.

Great! Wifi always works well. Best customer service! The staff was super nice, helpful, friendly, and cool. The hostel was beautiful, a lovely historic house, with colorful sheets, spotlessly clean hardwood floors, kitchen, movies, nice bathroom, and hot showers. They might get lockers later. It had 3 locked doors with an alarm so I felt safe inside altho as a female traveler I didn't walk around outside much late at night, just took the 32 bus and subway to go downtown during the day.

• 12th Apr 2014