Global Hostel. Reviews

1058 Canterbury Street, Boston, USA

A very good deal indeed a. Slight problem waiting for the landlord to arrive to let me in so e-mail him or phone him to clarify your arrival....he is a very friendly chap indeed and will not do you a bad turn. When I was there it was extremely quiet and most of the time I had a whole room to myself which was sheer bliss as everywhere else I have been has been very busy indeed......hatraveling around Boston is cheap with a weekly ticket of 19 dollars unlimited travel and very clear directions

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

The surrounding security is fine, only the security within the hostel is poor. The doors can't be lock except the bathroom. Therefore, everyone can enter your room. Also, you may need to concern about taking your luggage to the room because your space is upstairs and the stairs are narrow. In terms of cleanliness, it's quiet dirty. I haven't seen the owner cleaned (there's only one staff). By the way, it's really like a home! You will have much freedom living here.

Great place! I enjoyed my stay. The owner was very nice, the place was clean and pleasant. I would stay again and it's a great value for the price.

• 24th Oct 2014

I went to the hostel and there was nobody ready to let us in. It turns out that we could enter the hostel without any passcode, all the way up to the dorms. There were no lockers to secure belongings. When we called the hostel staff, a man said he will come in an hour's time. There was no verification of whatsoever before he gave us the supposed passcode to enter the house, even though we were already in. We decided not to stay there because of security reasons.

The owner is very kind and let us come in the middle of the night although it was specified we should come by 8 PM, but the facility is just not worth the price - the first night the breakfast was missing (the official reason of not being there was that it was already eaten by the time we woke up at 8.15 AM), while the second day it was plain bread and cold scrambled eggs in a bowl. Both rooms stank, the first night two covers were missing so we were freezing and the bathroom was very dirty

Not a proper hostel. First time in a hostel and was very disappointed. Just a apartment on top of some guys other apartment. Bathroom and kitchen looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months was disgusting. I asked for a 4 bed female dorm but it was 6 as that is all there is. One 6 female room and one 6 male room. Even getting toilet paper was a mission, the owner would bring up one roll each time. Kind of annoying. One bathroom for 14 people ! Takes about 45min to get to downtown on bus/train

Nobody at the reception when we arrived. Overbooking of the rooms. No locks and no livingroom. Durty and messy bedrooms. Restroom and bathroom very durty too. I do not recomand.

• 26th Sep 2014

The host was extremely lovely and the hostel is perfect if you just need a cheap bed to stay in. While it is a bit far away from the city, it is quite easy to get there by public transport.

• 12th Sep 2014

Expect to be stranded in front of the hostel with all your luggage because no one will open the door. Since this is not a real hostel there is no reception and the guy running the place was not around when I got there. Even it says breakfast is included there is no breakfast. And there were bugs in my bed.

Good vibe and suprisly more space than you need when your by yourself, which after a long day is very refreshing. It's cute, smart and makes you feel like a local. It was a very good start for my journey

• 8th Sep 2014

There was one toilet for two rooms,for a total of 12 people.I ordered 1 genre room and it ended up to be mixed.Besides,breakfast was never served..Frustrating!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Keep the hard work going

Nice hostel and good value for money! It is a little bit out of town but easy bus ride to the train station into the city center! The guy that owns the place is really lovely and very accommodating! He might not be there when you arrive but if you call him he is happy to give you the codes so you can get in. Overall we had a good time and boston is a lovely city! Free street parking is a bonus if you have a car and excellent wifi connection! (:

I wanted a place close to downtown Boston and at an inexpensive price. The neighborhood was fine, close laundry, close to bus and train. The owner was very accommodating, helpful and friendly. The shared room and bath were clean and the bunk bed was most comfortable. I would return.

• 27th Jun 2014