Global Hostel. Reviews

1058 Canterbury Street, Boston, USA

A quiet place. It was a little out of the way for me, but easily accessible at all hours by bus and subway. Everyone was super nice and friendly, and the place was perfectly clean. It's one little apartment with a guy's room and a girl's room, and not super busy. I had the girl's room all to myself. There's even some dishes and cooking utensils in the kitchen, and I believe there was shampoo in the bathroom. The owner lives just downstairs, so he's easy to find if you have any questions.

Nice owner, but disgusting place to stay. Limited cutlery, would have to wait for someone to finish a meal before you could use a fork! The fridge looked like it hadn't been cleaned out in weeks. The bathroom didn't even have soap to wash your hands and there were hairs all over the floor and the shower drain was clogged. Rooms were nice however sheets were just left on beds. Unsure whether my sheets were even cleaned before I arrived. Minimal help to get into city, had to figureit out alone.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Kitchen was really dirty; heater doesn't work some nights; lower bunk bed has little head room when sitting; no washing machine

A very good deal indeed a. Slight problem waiting for the landlord to arrive to let me in so e-mail him or phone him to clarify your arrival....he is a very friendly chap indeed and will not do you a bad turn. When I was there it was extremely quiet and most of the time I had a whole room to myself which was sheer bliss as everywhere else I have been has been very busy indeed......hatraveling around Boston is cheap with a weekly ticket of 19 dollars unlimited travel and very clear directions

The surrounding security is fine, only the security within the hostel is poor. The doors can't be lock except the bathroom. Therefore, everyone can enter your room. Also, you may need to concern about taking your luggage to the room because your space is upstairs and the stairs are narrow. In terms of cleanliness, it's quiet dirty. I haven't seen the owner cleaned (there's only one staff). By the way, it's really like a home! You will have much freedom living here.

Great place! I enjoyed my stay. The owner was very nice, the place was clean and pleasant. I would stay again and it's a great value for the price.

• 24th Oct 2014